Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black-Boo's Characters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Boo
Helpless prey

Black-Boo's Characters Empty
PostSubject: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Name: Winry
Race: Ice Elemental
Height: 132ft standard, varies with environment
Hair Color: Off-White (Perriwinkle)
Skin color: Light blue-purple
Eye color: Sky blue

Winry's distinguishing characteristics are her pale blue-purple skin, her nearly white hair, and diamond blue eyes, along with ice crystals growing from her shoulders and hips and an incredibly shy personality, though she'll open up to people she's gotten to know. Her basic abilities are standard for an ice elemental, ice magic, power over the weather in her region, and the ability to morph her body into snow.

When Winry was a recently formed elemental, she had an incredibly traumatic experience, which is what causes most of her shy and timid behavior today. As she was climbing back to her cave up upon Frost Peak, she was attacked by a Frost Wyrm, the collossal worm-like beast measuring 400 feet in length. She was quickly overpowered and devoured whole. However, she manufactured an escape by using the small amount of ice magic that she knew, which was greatly amplified from her state of panic, destroying the beast entirely. This has also made her timid around creatures of the same size as her, such as Ice Nagas or other Felaryan predators she runs into.

From that day, Winry has stayed up on her mountain for many years alone, frightened of the world around her. She is a predator of patience however, hunting on the various mountain climbers and adventurers that dare to attempt a trip up the mighty Frost Peak. She can relate to her prey though, and behaves much like an angel, apologizing many times to her prey and being as gentle as she possibly can. She mainly preys on humans and avoids eating slightly larger animals such as Ice Tigers and Ice Kensha beasts, as she wishes to avoid anything that will put up a potential conflict. This has pretty much made Winry into a pacafist of a high degree.

If Wintry is faced with a strong hunger, and there appears to be no sign of adventurers or climbers on the mountain, she will gather her berrings and head down to the jungles below and across the river. However, Winry does not like doing this, as her form begins to shrink slowly in the jungle biome due to the lack of ice, much like any other elemental. She will often find the first thing she can catch, devour it quickly, then return home.

Winry does however, venture down to the jungle quite happily on the day of Kris-Maas, when the jungles of Felarya are blanketed in snow. It is thanks to these (and other journeys) that she has come to know other Felaryan predators that roam her jungle hunting grounds, such as Crisis (who she ran into when hunting the same prey, though Crisis's kind attitude quickly made them friends), and has occasionally bumped into the fire/lava elemental Sumre on the mountain range near the military base, who she has become good friends with, despite their near opposite polarities.

Side notes: If Winry is ever feeling playful, she will often hide in the snow and poke her head out in front of adventurers, as if she's playing a game of peek-a-boo.

Name: Vallidia
Sex: Female
Species: Naga
Height: 106ft (Head to Ground)
Skin Color: Fair
Hair color: Black
Eye Color: N/A, was once green
Scale Color: Scarlet
Underbelly Color: Goldenrod

When Vallidia was a young Nagaling, she got into a rather unfortunate scrape with a Harpy. This fight gave her the scars that cover her body today, but it also cost her her eyesight, as the harpy managed to claw out her eyes shortly before Vallidia's mother intervened. Vallidia was nearly beyond the help of even the healing soils of Felarya after the battle, so her mother took her to the Fairy Kingdom, where a close friend of hers lived. That friend, a fairy healer, helped to heal Vallidia's wounds, but could not do so all the way, leaving her scarred. She couldn't restore Vallidia's eyesight either, since her eyes were gone entirely. Instead, she blindfolded Vallidia. She still wears the same blindfold to this day, treasuring it as a keepsake of how lucky she is to be alive. (Note: The blindfold was ratehr large for her as a nagaling, and she has grown into it with age).

Thanks to this incident, Vallidia adores faries and their magic abilities, though she fears not to go to the Fairy Kingdom, lest she fall into the vast chasm surrounding the territory. Instead she lingers around the outskirts of the kingdom as the general vicinity of the Giant Tree, and everything inbetween.

Due to her battle-scarred appearance, Vallidia may seem very unapproachable to some fellow nagas or fairies. But in truth, Vallidia is a kind and caring soul, and is almost always in a good mood. She's always glad to be with friends, and even more glad to find food, to whom she's very hospitible. She'll often have a conversation with her prey, the length dependant on how entertained she is. Like Crisis, if she is entertained to a certain point, she may actually let her prey go, and will befriend them rahter than eat them. However, if her prey decides to foolishly poke fun at her blindness and make rude comments about it or her scars, she will not hesitate in the slightest to devour them immediately, as her trauma is a sore spot in conversation with her, if approached improperly.

Vallidia's hunting abilities are all but hindered with her lack of eyesight. Though she may not be able to see her prey outright, she can locate them with her other senses, such as hearing, smell, and even tasting the air. Her blindness has given her other senses superhuman qualties. With the decades of being forced to hone her other senses, Vallidia has gained the ability to filter through noises in the jungle, to the point where she could hear a pin drop. Very few have seen Vallidia and lived to tell the tale, but those who have (which are usually the ones that she has let go) returned home and began telling stories about her, and over about a decade, the tales have lost the definition of the line of fact or fiction, though one thing remains constant; the name that the people have given her, the "Blind Huntress," based around how she captured the original storytellers.

Side notes: Vallidia doesn't really care much for her appearance, since she knows she's scarred all over, and she's blind. So she sports the unusual "side pony" hairstyle, and doesn't worry about getting covered in dirt. This isn't to say that she doesn't bathe often, but more or less she isn't afraid to play in the mud.

Name: Sumre
Species: Fire/Lava Elemental
Height: 148ft (Volcanic Regiions) 128ft (Elsewhere, most common)
Skin Color: Magma
Hair Color: Flames
Eye Color: Glowing Orange
Apparel: Obsidian plates covering greater portion of body

Sumre is a rather bold and brash character, thinking quite highly of herself, nearly to the point of annoyance with other predators. However, she can be nice if she chooses to be, though that's usually only when she's with Winry on the mountains and in the jungle. The two journey to the jungle to hunt together whenever Winry has the courage to make the journey, which is becoming more and more often since she is beginning to realize that Sumre can easily protect her with her pyrokenisis, warding off any wild beasts or carnivorous plants.

Not much is to be said about Sumre's past. She formed herself a body out of magma and obsidian plates, which change configuration almost daily, though they remain in the same general formation. She lived in a cavern beneath the Frost Peak mountain range, but eventually decided to head to the surface, to see what was above her cavern home, which in the 350 years she lived inside it, transformed it into what one might mistake as the inside of a volcano.

Sumre's ability to regulate the heat of her body is an interesting one indeed. She needs to do this while feeding for two reasons. One is that her hands are not covered in obsidian, so if she is to grab her prey without incinerating them, she must cool her hands down. She then has to cool the rest of her body down, as her insides are similar to that of a water elemental, but are instead made of pure lava, and she doesn't want her prey to be reduced to a crisp before she even swallows.

Ironically, Sumre is also the most vulneralbe when she's feeding, since when she cools down, she has less access to her pyrokenisis and becomes much less able to defend herself with the exception of hand to hand combat.

Side notes: Sumre can at times be a bit of a pyromaniac, unneccessarily starting fires in the jungle around the mountains, which may lead to her getting into trouble sooner or later.

Pictures of all three are in progress.

Last edited by Black Boo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black Boo
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 am

No feeback yet, hm? I suppose I ought to move making pictures of these three up on my priority list.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 am

Black Boo wrote:

Dos this age actually have a meaning or are you putting a large number here for the hell of it? Her backstory doesn't seem to justify it.

Black Boo wrote:
Instead she lingers around the outskirts of the kingdom and the general vicinity of the Giant Tree.
The outskirts of the Fairy and the general vicinity of the Giant Tree are two very different locations.

Black Boo wrote:
Due to her battle-scarred appearance, Vallidia may seem very unapproachable to some fellow nagas or fairies. But in truth, Vallidia is a kind and caring soul, and is almost always in a good mood. She's always glad to be with friends, and even more glad to find food, to whom she's very hospitible. She'll often have a conversation with her prey, the length dependant on how entertained she is. Like Crisis, if she is entertained to a certain point, she may actually let her prey go, and will befriend them rahter than eat them. However, if her prey decides to foolishly poke fun at her blindness and make rude comments about it or her scars, she will not hesitate in the slightest to devour them immediately, as her trauma is a sore spot in conversation with her, if approached improperly.

Vallidia's hunting abilities are all but hindered with her lack of eyesight. Though she may not be able to see her prey outright, she can locate them with her other senses, such as hearing, smell, and even tasting the air. Her blindness has given her other senses superhuman qualties,
Jungles are many things, but quiet is not one of them. It doesn't matter if someone can hear a pin drop, their sensitive hearing will be overwhelmed by the volume of the background noise.
A far more valuable ability is being able to filter out background noise and discern certain sounds.
Black Boo wrote:
to the point where she can hear a human sized pin drop in a quiet area.
That is ridiculous.
Black Boo wrote:
With these qualities, she has become a piece of foklkore amidst the villages around the area of the Fairy Kingdom, being called the "Blind Huntress,"
A title needs justification. I'm not seeing enough of it.

Anyway, overall this isn't bad.

I haven't looked carefully over the Sumre, but one thing did stick out as just wrong.
Black Boo wrote:
Sumre has had a few run ins with the military on the mountains, who see her as both a monster and an asset, as they want to capture her so they will have an unlimited thermoneuclear power source. They have yet to be successful in containing her, as she usually melts her way out of anything they put her in.
Neither fire nor lava elementals are thermonuclear. Also, this seems to cater to the humans are stupid trope.

One last thing is that you seem to be using the Miratans. You must ask Randomdude's permission and check that the actions uou are having them take in your stories makes sense for them to do as they as they are wholly owned by him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Black Boo
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:22 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Black Boo wrote:

Dos this age actually have a meaning or are you putting a large number here for the hell of it? Her backstory doesn't seem to justify it.

Black Boo wrote:
Instead she lingers around the outskirts of the kingdom and the general vicinity of the Giant Tree.
The outskirts of the Fairy and the general vicinity of the Giant Tree are two very different locations.

Black Boo wrote:

Vallidia's hunting abilities are all but hindered with her lack of eyesight. Though she may not be able to see her prey outright, she can locate them with her other senses, such as hearing, smell, and even tasting the air. Her blindness has given her other senses superhuman qualties,
Jungles are many things, but quiet is not one of them. It doesn't matter if someone can hear a pin drop, their sensitive hearing will be overwhelmed by the volume of the background noise.
A far more valuable ability is being able to filter out background noise and discern certain sounds.
Black Boo wrote:
to the point where she can hear a human sized pin drop in a quiet area.
That is ridiculous.
Black Boo wrote:
With these qualities, she has become a piece of foklkore amidst the villages around the area of the Fairy Kingdom, being called the "Blind Huntress,"
A title needs justification. I'm not seeing enough of it.

Anyway, overall this isn't bad.

I haven't looked carefully over the Sumre, but one thing did stick out as just wrong.
Black Boo wrote:
Sumre has had a few run ins with the military on the mountains, who see her as both a monster and an asset, as they want to capture her so they will have an unlimited thermoneuclear power source. They have yet to be successful in containing her, as she usually melts her way out of anything they put her in.
Neither fire nor lava elementals are thermonuclear. Also, this seems to cater to the humans are stupid trope.

One last thing is that you seem to be using the Miratans. You must ask Randomdude's permission and check that the actions uou are having them take in your stories makes sense for them to do as they as they are wholly owned by him.

1. To be honest, I actually have no idea what her real age is, I'm still working that out, the 206 is a placeholder for now. *EDIT* Oh, wow, I have egg on my face. I have no idea where I got the rediculous idea that Nagas lived past 200 and looked so young. Boy I feel foolish. I've fixed this.
2. The area around the two and everywhere in between. I'm not the best with wording.
3. It's an example.
4. I'm legally blind. My other senses are greater than that of the average person, maybe not by much, but that may be because I haven't trul had a need to train them, and I am not completely blind. Nagas have incedible senses to begin with. Multiply those superhuman senses by the enhancement decades of honing them gives them and that becomes much less rediculous.
5. She's blind. She's a huntress. The locals in the region that have seen her and her hunting habits came to call her that.
6. Ah. Terribly sorry about that. I might very well just take that out, it was just something to add to her character, as I honestly thought she was a touch bland without it. But I'll remove it if it crosses that line.

*EDIT 2* Thank you very much for the feedback. I've tweaked the bios to fit your criticisms, hopefully they're that much better. Now I need to do the same on DeviantART...
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 am

I like it so far. Though ages 300 and above I usually kind of tilt an eyebrow at. Granted it's very possible that one can live that long, but being able to express the knowledge and their "aura" from the amount of experiences they've been through will be extremely difficult.

However, I myself have some characters between the ages of 200 and 300, and I try to show that they're wise when I can. (some times I purposefully put them in situations where it's difficult to show how wise a person is to give myself an excuse, but that takes planning...)

Anyway. You're legally blind? We need people like you actually - it prevents those of us on the forum from "assuming" things.
Back to top Go down
Black Boo
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:54 am

About the ages and their expressiveness, both of them were holed up for most of their lives, Winry especially. They're very sheltered creatures who rarely leave their homes. However I'm considering lowering their ages upon my recent discovery that my estimates for a "young" naga were completely off by a century and a half.

I also did a little bit of reading on the felarya wiki, which is a sort of nice way to spend my time at 4:30 in the morning. I'm incredibly tempted to have Vallidia's mother's friend be Temi, the very same fairy who healed the dying Crisis. I think it would be a fun and interesting nod and connection between the two nagas. Of course, it would happen a few years after Crisis had her accident with the tonorian.

Really? You do? Well, it's nice to feel needed then. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:32 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:

Neither fire nor lava elementals are thermonuclear.

actually I looked at fire elemental's and this page can strongly disagree with your statement here my friend

http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fire_Elementals
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 am

Mind pointing out which particular part states that fire elementals can be thermonuclear? I can't see it.

Thermonuclear reactions have another name; nuclear fusion. The only widespread form of fusion that exists in real life on earth is in thermonuclear warheads. It's an incredibly powerful and extremely hot reaction, virtually impossible to effectively to control with current gen technology, so the only way we utilise it is with our most powerful weapons.

Fire elementals deal with fire. That's the combustion of flammable material. It requires two materials to be present; fuel and an oxidant.
Nuclear fusion is the process by which two or more atomic nuclei join together, or "fuse", to form a single heavier nucleus. The sun does this with hydrogen atoms to form helium. Oxygen is not required. They are completely different reactions that occur on different levels of interaction. The sun is a thermonuclear reactor; fire elementals are not sun-like.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah, nuclear reactions are an entirely different thing from fire or lava.

You can't just...have a fusion reaction anywhere. It isn't like lighting something on fire, it is creating enough HEAT and PRESSURE to force two atoms to fuse together, causing the change in mass to be released as energy. They require specific conditions and lots of fuel to keep the reactions going, and currently those are only found in the heart of a star. Even then, there are a lot of variables. Look at stars, some burn cooler and last for billions of years, some burn much, much hotter and only last for a few million. There's just not enough fuel in anything the size of an elemental to keep that reaction going.

Also... how hot does something have to be to begin igniting the atmosphere? I dunno, just seems like an open-air fusion reaction shouldn't be good for the surrounding environment. Unless it could fly, wouldn't it just burn through the ground until it fell out of Felarya?

I mean, with a fire or lava elemental, you could probably stand within eyesight of it and live, but a nuclear reaction? Nope, the heat or radiation would kill you pretty quick if you even got anywhere close.

The other type of nuclear reaction is the fission reaction, like what we used in early atomic weapons. It splits apart atoms in a super-fast chain reaction. As they break apart, the lost mass is released as energy. A fission elemental would not work because, well, fission tends to burn itself out. Not to mention the excessive amounts of radiation.

Back to top Go down
Black Boo
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 am

And at this point I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm an art major, not a physics major. @-@
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:18 am

Black Boo wrote:
And at this point I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm an art major, not a physics major. @-@

inb4 nerds Razz
Back to top Go down
Black Boo
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Black Boo wrote:

inb4 nerds Razz
NERDS
Back to top Go down
Black Boo
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Right. I see this topic is prety much dead. Hm. Well I'll try to fix that with a bio of who is probably my most developed character Jazeirah the Succubus. Half succubus technically but that's just a technicality.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:39 pm

No worries, as long as you post something relevant, it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black-Boo's Characters   Black-Boo's Characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black-Boo's Characters
Page 1 of 1