Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friendship is Magic

Go down 
+2
Pendragon
Archmage_Bael
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Friendship is Magic Empty
PostSubject: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:54 pm

I know there's a thread relative to this out there. Why does the search function never give me good results? ><?

I found this video while watching some youtube poops. And Anime. Go figure. Pendragon and Cliff have probably seen this vid already so they don't count Razz

*Bro-hoof*

I can't video tag it for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=a27oq09lhPw

Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:28 pm

The guy makes good points. I wouldn't call myself a brony, but I do love the show.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:37 pm

I once used the term 'brony' wrong... Nope, I'm no brony, I just like the show. But nothing too big, actually. Razz

And I don't know how many of you watched the G1 show. Well, anything pre-G4. You must be very strong to stand to those. xD
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Suuuure you are not *looks avatars and signatures* ... suuuure =D
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 am

Well, bronies are kind of the extremists of the fandom. They give everyone a bad name and overall make the show look worse by association, due to how OBSESSED they are with the show. That's why I just consider myself a regular fan.

It's "Invader Zim" all over again.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:12 am

Vaderaz wrote:
Suuuure you are not *looks avatars and signatures* ... suuuure =D

There is a difference between someone who likes something, someone who's a big fan of something and an obsessed fanboy/fangirl. I could consider myself a Deadpool fan, for example, but not a MLP:FiM one, because there are still some things that I don't like at all - that poshy Rarity to begin with... yet I could qualify as a Pinkie Pie fan. Me and my liking for weird people...

I can like something without being a fan - this happens with Touhou for me, for example, as I can't stand nearly 3/4 of the cast and also despise the obsessed fandom of it. And the least we talk about Sonic extremists the better. xD

What I mean is that there are grades of liking and fanatism. Razz
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 am

Quote :
Well, bronies are kind of the extremists of the fandom. They give everyone a bad name and overall make the show look worse by association, due to how OBSESSED they are with the show. That's why I just consider myself a regular fan.

Actually, that is incorrect.

The actual term "brony" is just a combination of the words bro and pony. It is a term that male MLP fans developed for themselves.

They are not the "extremists" they ARE the fandom. Most bronies do not like the more extreme fans, since they give the fandom as a whole, and bronies, a bad name.

Anyway, just saying that brony is a general term for the entire male MLP fan demographic. Its not a name someone made up for the most extreme fans.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 am

True, it's a term for the male fandom, like some say pegasisters is for the female... but taking in account this is a show for little girls... xD

Anyway, yeah, brony isn't for extremists, but for the male fandom... but I can't consider myself a brony since I'm not a fan of the show. Like it, but not a fan. Pinkie is worth my fandom, though. Me and weirdos, can't help it. xD
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 am

Yeah I believe the guy in the video did a really good job of describing it all.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:07 am

Well, its how I view the extremists anyway.

I never was a fan of giving the fandom names, even though Brony is a pretty unique name.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Well, its how I view the extremists anyway.

I never was a fan of giving the fandom names, even though Brony is a pretty unique name.

I'm pretty sure it was just intended to be a silly pun-ish name, to highlight the absurdity of there being male fans in the first place.

For the most part, bronies are not fond of people that do the rule 34 stuff. They feel it paints the whole fandom in a bad light. They aren't perverts who are into ponies, they just like a TV show about ponies because it is a good show.
Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:03 am

I was a brony before karbo was.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:31 am

vore4life99 wrote:
I was a brony before karbo was.

I really don't think he is. Just just watched the show and thought it was fun and well-made. Liking something doesn't automatically make you an avid fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendship is Magic   Friendship is Magic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friendship is Magic
Page 1 of 1