Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic Combo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Magic Combo Empty
PostSubject: Magic Combo   Magic Combo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 am

I just read the magic section of the wiki (if you haven't, do it, it's funny) and I was wondering if their existed certain combination of magic. For example, Innate/Primordial Magic. The best example is the innate ability to control wind. Since you were born with the ability to control wind, it falls in the category of innate magic, but since wind is pretty much a force of the world itself and has what you can call extreme pros and cons, it falls into primordial magic.

So, is it possible for something to have a combination of magic types?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Magic Combo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Combo   Magic Combo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:45 am

Yes it's possible to have combination of all the different magic types.
It's just a categorization Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Magic Combo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Combo   Magic Combo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:50 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
I just read the magic section of the wiki (if you haven't, do it, it's funny) and I was wondering if their existed certain combination of magic. For example, Innate/Primordial Magic. The best example is the innate ability to control wind. Since you were born with the ability to control wind, it falls in the category of innate magic, but since wind is pretty much a force of the world itself and has what you can call extreme pros and cons, it falls into primordial magic.

So, is it possible for something to have a combination of magic types?

Yes, it's not only possible, but extremely likely that most systems of magic involve a combination of different types. I meant to go into that and provide some examples a while back; I've just been sidetracked with a bunch of other things. I'll try to get around to continuing that, but as a quick example...

What you described isn't so much a combination of Innate/Primordial Magic, because Primordial Magic involves dealing directly with the raw substance of magic itself. Your example is more a case of Innate elemental abilities.

A good example of a combined magic type is the Geass from Code Geass, which is a mixture of Thaumaturgy and Rule-based Magic.

Lelouch obtained the power of Geass by establishing a contract with a supernatural being (C.C.), which is Thaumaturgy... but the actual power of Geass itself is completely Rule-based Magic. It has rigidly defined rules on how it operates, what it can do, and what it cannot do, and it is Lelouch's power now, not C.C.'s. She does not have the ability to control it, or take it away from him, although she has shown herself to be immune to it.
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

Magic Combo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Combo   Magic Combo Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Glad you asked this. I probably would have asked sooner or later considering the odd way my character's magic acts. Kinda like a combination of innate and wild magic. It's kinda like he has always had the ability to control magic, It's just kinda chaotic until he gets the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magic Combo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Combo   Magic Combo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic Combo
Page 1 of 1