Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Grande Adventure

Go down 
+3
parameciumkid
Darth_Nergal
jedi-explorer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:31 pm

(Oh wow! pick my character's weakness against him! XD hahaha! he loves luck too much to turn down anything like that! XD me as well okay i accept your d20 rolls for what they will be!)

"Slave trade-" he started to question but at the sound of games of chance he couldn't resist! "Sounds fun but hmmm-" He said considering what he had to wager, a few gold pieces from his world, his dice, his hatchet, his bow and arrows and family signet ring. "Hmmm I'm not sure how much gold is worth here, but I have 7 gold pieces." He said holding them out to her. They were not very big in diameter but were solid gold and had intricate designs on them. If she accepts he will roll and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:53 pm

The Elf paused and turned to face the Neko. "Weapons eh? Tell me, do you have any arrows, and are they enchanted?" He looked over wares with a critical eye. Gildor had been to enough places to know that he had to be alert when buying things, particularly weapons, lest he get useless junk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:09 am

Darcy gave the coins a once over. Gold was commoner on Felarya than most worlds, but still it was valuable. "Alright. We'll say your gold is worth about seven Skevols, deal?" She rattled the dice in her hand. "Me first." She tossed the dice and it landed on a fourteen. "Hm looks like you got a chance, hun." When Saen's dice landed it was a 19. The neko lost. "Oh nagas! You won. Want to play again? Double the stakes."

The large neko grinned. "'Do we have magical weapons'? You ARE in Sal's armory, pal, so take a look! We gots nearly every kind of enchanted weapon you can think of! Even a few non-magical weapons such as the P111 and ofcourse that weird laser sword thing." He said indicating a oversized version of P90 with laser sight and what looked like a Light saber. There were also a variety of arrows to choose from. There were wooden arrows with metal heads like Pyranite, Steel, Silver and even Felaryan Silver! One even seemed to have a head made of some azure metal and third looked to be all one piece. "See anything ya fancy, pointy ears?"
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 am

(Ingore this second post.)

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 am

"YES!" Saen cried joy over his victory even jumping in the air. "Again? But of course!" He replied taking out his black dice with golden dots and popping it into his mouth. He held it in his teeth and shouted. "Luck don't fail me now!" and he let the d20 roll.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:14 am

Persephone began following the elf (AAH I forgot your char's name Nergal! What was it again? It wasn't on this page.) when she heard the conversation about weapons - she'd always had a rather un-feminine penchant for cool weaponry, and the "laser sword" ranked high in that sense.
She addressed the shopkeeper.
"Is that 'laser sword' what I think it is?" It reminded her of a weapon she had seen pictures of once or twice, long ago. Where she'd lived at the time, it was prohibitively expensive, so if the same kind of thing was within reach now it was an exciting opportunity.
"Also, how much is it?"
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Gildor nodded. "Yes, how much is the weapon for the lady? Also, do any of the arrows have special enchantments or poisons on them?"
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:34 pm

As Saen's dice landed it came up 5. Darcy smiled. 'An easy number to beat. Though if I beat him too early I won't get him too addicted to quit.' Deciding she could't let him go yet she threw with a little "wrist" and the die came up a 4. "Oh dear! It looks like you win again, hun. That's 44 Skevols you've earned! Enough for a stay a nice Inn. Is that enough for you? Or do you want to quadruple the stakes?

Sal looked Persephone straight in the eyes and said "If what you think it is is a Lightsaber, then yeah you're right, sweat heart. The price? Hm I think seeing as it's exotic in nature, very rare in this world and collectible. I'd say it's worth at least 5,000 Skevols, but since you so pretty I'll give you discount of half off, whatdya say? Take it or leave it. Though I'd take it. Some crazy dame red over-jacket came in this morning trying to buy it and said she'd be back later this afternoon with a Rainbow Opal to trade for it. Though I'm not guy to wait around so that's my offer." He then turned to address Gildor. "I do have a variety of enchanted arrows. Here let me get 'em for ya." He reached behind himself and picked up a large wooden box marked "Warrning! Dangerous Arrows inside. Don't touch. Duh." He opened it and inside there were dozens of arrows with glowing edges. Some glowed green while others were bright as the sun and emitting a faint amount of heat. Then he pulled out a red and purple quiver full of Arrows with little caps on them. "Poisons all of all kinds. Go ahead take a look, but don't cut yourself. I'm too cheap to afford antidotes."
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:46 pm

"Hmm" Saen thought to himself it seemed to be quite a bit if it could afford a night at the inn but was it enough for clothes and armor. "Tell me madame, how much does some leather armor typically cost that and a tunic? If I have enough already I'm afraid I can't play anymore or risk becoming useless to my party but if....ah I'll let my dice decide if i keep playing!" He said producing his second six sided di that was gold with black dots. He spit the other dice out of his mouth and rolled it. one landed on five and the other six Saen seem surprised. "Well luck is on my side today alright lets have another roll!" he said putting both of his dice in his mouth for luck and rolling hers.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Gildor began to look through the arrows, testing their balance and strength. After about ten minutes of this the Elf nodded. "I'll take them all please, as well as that light weapon." He produced a bag filled with gems and coins of all shapes and sizes. "I had this looked at by a money changer and appraiser. This should be worth at least 10,000...isn't it Skevols? Yes, skevols. Will this cover it?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:57 pm

(Wow I don't know how this got away from me! O.o)

Taihaku had walked to the other side of Nekomura. She was up on the side of a tree, walking along one of the wooden plankways constructed there. It was a residential area, with houses of different shapes and sizes built on branches and in the sides of trees. She approached one of the latter and knocked upon the door leading inside. A large neko man with black hair and a rather grizzly beard answered the door.

"Sir--" Taihaku began, then stopped. "Captain Southsmith. Good day." She bowed her head respectfully to the man. He responded with a heavy, jolly laugh.

"It's so sweet of you to remember, Miss Taihaku!" the man exclaimed joyfully. "Have you read any of my books yet? Uh, please, come inside! Make yourself comfortable."

The man stepped out of the doorway, and Taihaku bowed her head once more before entering.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:00 pm

"Ah, so you accept trades? Well then have a look at these..."
Persephone produced a few of the mortar shells she had salvaged earlier. She hadn't a chance to inspect them too thoroughly, but was confident enough that they were more than just bullet-shaped slugs and would be of great value to anyone owning an artillery piece of the appropriate caliber.
"I'd say they're worth at least 400 skevols each, and you could probably get 600 from someone who's running short on cannon ammo. And I'll give you six of them - you'd profit a hundred even without a markup."
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am

Darcy was surprised. She'd never met another person who lived by the dice, well except for that one encounter with the giant elf Florence, but never another human sized person. Heck it was rolling a 20 today that told her it was "con day" and not "Fishy tueday". Her life was dictated by the dice...Should she really fleece this like minded man? 'Let luck decide.' She thought pretending to drop her die and watching it roll on a 1. 'Ah a shame. He'll probably hate me for this, but my life is dictated by the roll of fate.' She smiled as she picked it up. "Sorry about that. I'll roll for real now. Just so ya know I have great respect for somebody who lives by luck. Though I can't eat luck so I'm afraid this game over." She rattled the dice moving her hand about in sinious motion and was about toss the small sapphire chaneling real magic into the dice and trying to control's path when suddenly was nearly run down by a Narez Carrier on roller blades! "Hey watch it- Eeep!" Said Darcy realizing she'd batched the spell and the result would be entirely random! As the sapphire stopped spinning it landed on a 3. "Oh you have to be kidding me!" She turned to glare at the rabbit girl, but she was already skating around the corner. 'By minacala's veil! What rotten luck. He'll beat me for sure now.' She thought as Saen Kel dice rolled and landed on a 8. "the goddess must not favor me this day." Said Darcy reaching under the table and hauling up a bag of 88 Skevols. More than a day's winnings gone. "This should cover your armor and a few baubles. Take it, favored of minacala." Said Darcy grinning and trying not to grimace.

Dargo watched Taihaku begin to enter a tree house. Getting up here hadn't been fun for the dog-like reptile. He was built for snowy conidtions and longed to be back on Izarda, the Winter world Richy used as a retreat when the politics or one of his ex-wives wanted to talk about maters of succession. He had been sneaking along stealthily, okay maybe not so stealthily but at least somewhat more than usual then he saw the door about to close. Figuring he'd have to throw caution to the wind he began to build up speed and roll like an armadillo towards the door at high speed trying to rush in undectected despite his considerable bulk if he timed it right he'd roll right past Taihaku and totally go unnoticed.

Sal looked at Gildor's pile then Persephone's shells. "Hmmm I'm sure that'll cover it I think. Sorry miss, those shells are nice and I'd proubly buy 'em from ya, but I have to take the elf's gems." Said Sal though in the back of his mind he reasoned he was taking the gems because they were offworld ones. Probably worth something to a mage or alchemist. "Though mabye if you ask the elf he'll give you the saber. I think he said something about that earlier, didn't ya, treelover?" Said Sal with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 am

"Well I am man with very few needs." Saen said taking only what he needed for the armor. "So you keep the extra money, think of it as payment for entertaining me." He said with a friendly smile. "Perhaps next time we will play just for fun." He said as he bowed and walked off towards a place he could get armor at a pace she could easily stop him at.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 pm

"Indeed I did." Gildor picked up the weapon and handed it to Persephone. "For you Milday, may it be put to good use on our quest." With that, the Elf began to carefully store his newly bought arrows into his quiver. Once he was done sorting the arrows into the different sections of his quiver, Gildor turned and gave the neko a small, polite bow and spoke in Elvish. "May your ways be green and golden." With that, Gildor turned to go find the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:35 pm

"Oh... for me?" Persephone exclaimed, surprised. She hadn't seen that twist coming and couldn't recall hearing anything that would have indicated it. Perhaps she'd spaced out - if so, it could be a serious problem. She made a mental note to keep tabs on her mental function for a while and find out if something was indeed amiss.
She accepted the weapon with no shortage of gratitude. "Why thank you, so much! I'll cherish it. I mean that. I always care a lot about things people give me as gifts." And with that it went into her bag. She thought she might move it to some kind of waist holster later, but for the moment the backpack was good enough.
Persephone then packed up her other belongings and proceeded to look over the rest of the wares in the shop, mentally chiding herself for almost making an expensive impulse buy before seeing what else was available.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:27 pm

As Dargo rolled through the doorway, the hard toe of the bearded neko's large shoe came towards him full-force as he motioned around the door to close it.

"Can I ask you something, Miss Taihaku?" the man asked.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am

Gildor chuckled. "Correct, for you. I hope you are able to put it to good use." With that the Elf slipped away to find Saen, and possibly some entertainment.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am

Darcy didn't stop Saen but she did watch him leave for a while. 'Shame if he got eaten.' She thought as Saen was walking by he happened to catch a climpse of recently opened open shop with a small sign saying "Protection Armor and Supplies" The first word having been scratched out heavily.

Sal watched the elf leave and said in Dwarvish "Few ways are green and the ones that are gold are usually populated with hungry predators waiting to devour the careless. Don't be hasty, master elf and mind your pointy ears." The he glimpsed inside Persephone's bag, not very manly, but eh she had it open anyway so why not take a glimpse, then he almost fell backwards. "Hey yous! Where'd you get that over-sized jewelry box? Looks expensive and you don't look like a jewerly wearin' gal." Said the big neko eyeing her person and noting allot more equipment for the field than jewels.

Dargo couldn't help it he couldn't correct his course once he started moving in direction, much likethe Juggernaut of the Marvel Universe, and slammed into the man's booted toe careening off and making a den in his tree home's wall before un-rolling into a dazed head of fur. 'Oooohhhh....Heso owes me mamoth bone for this.' Thought Dargo as he passed out.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:21 pm

"Hmm thats odd." Saen thought to himself aloud. He walked in and looked around at what they were selling. Going up to the owner and asking. "Do you have any light armors? Preferably leather? And a tunic I'm a bit bare as you can no doubt tell." He said gesturing to how he had no shirt still but not ashamed or embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 pm

"Hm?" Persephone asked, turning around to face Sal. "Is that what it is? I discovered it earlier today and have yet to open it." She hoped that he wasn't someone affiliated with the Flaming Raiders.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:44 pm

The owner turned out to be a neko with blue black hair wearing some sort of composite armor over a thick armless robe. She was in quite good shape too, till she turned around and you saw the dis figuring burns on the left side of face and leather eye patch. "Look we don't sell "that" kind of protection I just changed the sign yesterday- Oh. Sorry I didn't see you there. Low depth perception is a real Inu. So you need some actual armor huh? Well I got the best selection in town. Leather? I'll admit it's nice and comfy, but it squeks too much. No what you want is organic plate armor. Lightweight and noise canceling. It's made from insect plates and comes with a light mesh tunic or shirt to give on that "stealthy" look. Also comes in red, blue, orange and green. Oh and white but I'm sold out of that right now. I'll have to talk to my supplier if you want one.

Sal smilled. She had no idea what is was. "Well I used to apraise Antiques down on Matamoto Docks." Said Sal leaning over. "Here pass it up to me. I want to look at it closer." What he wasn't telling her is he wanted to have a look at that inscription. If he was right and those letters were Djinnish in nature it ment that box contained a Genie. A dangerous being, but one that could make his life allot better if he learned to control it. 'It may also just be a cursed chest though. That's why I'm glad I bought one of these.' He thought taking Curse Detection Stone from his pocket.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Saen will not seem surprised by the injury or scars. Just treating her the same as any other lady. He gives a quick bow. "Thank you for the suggestion, i believe stealth is my best option at this point in my venture not many of the monsters that populate this land seem that affected by my arrows and I would rathe avoid violence to boot. hmmm I think I'll take the green one help blend into the greenery of this world. Oh and pardon my manners I did not introduce myself! I am Saen Kel the Fifth at your service."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:39 pm

(I don't want to roleplay with myself, and I don't see Dargo doing anything anytime soon, so I guess I won't be posting for a little bit here. I'll jump back in later and I'll try to keep up with what's going on.)
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 pm

"Sure, you can take a look." Of course, Persephone was concerned about being robbed, but here in the middle of a shop there were way too many witnesses for that to be likely. She peered on intently as the stranger (I'm not mistaken, am I? Sal's a new character...?) examined it with the stone. While she wasn't confident she could pin down exactly what it was, she'd seen stones being used to inspect items before, usually to check for curses or traps, or to reveal mimics, etc.

...Well, GM Jedi? Is it cursed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Grande Adventure
Page 7 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next