Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Grande Adventure

Go down 
+3
parameciumkid
Darth_Nergal
jedi-explorer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 am

Gildor was headed in the direction where Saen and Darcy had been playing their game. The elf's full attention was locked on the city around him. "Amazing, simply amazing. Once more I am reminded why I love traveling. I'll have to remember this place."
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Nyaha wrote:
(I don't want to roleplay with myself, and I don't see Dargo doing anything anytime soon, so I guess I won't be posting for a little bit here. I'll jump back in later and I'll try to keep up with what's going on.)

(Oh he can be woke up if you want. He's KOing isn't permanent. Also, Para, yes, yes it is cursed. This chest is cursed. This place is cursed all things are CURSED!! *Runs away screaming in madness*...Then realizes nobody gets his reference. and comes back*)

The neko woman didn't looked amused. "Green's 70 SK. Popular this time of year...And any other time of the year too oddly. People seem to not be found of being eaten. Oh well. You want that gift wrapped?" She asked taking down a set of armor and tunic.

Sal saw the gem begin to glow bright azure almost the moment it got near the chest. In fat it even threw sparks. He blinked a few times and checked to make sure his giant nose was still there. "That's a distinct possibility. I didn't know it could even do that." He said examining the stone a seeing it was cracked. "Looks like you chest is very much enchanted with dark magics. Strongest I've seen. I'm not even sure I want it. Even if is inscribed with Djin Language."

Darcy was just begining to close down her stand when she saw a tall handsome figure in armor, the kind that ALWAYS had money. 'Oh goody! A second chance to- Oh are you kidding me? He's an elf! Elves always cheat...And better than me I might add.' She took out her dice and rolled it. A 13. Looks like a meeting was in order. "Hey there, tree hugger, what's shakin'? Want to try Darcy's Dice-A-Roo?Only five Skevols a throw.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:09 pm

"Gift wrapping won't be needed." Saen assures her. "Here is the payment." The young man puts the payment on the counter. "Thank you for the help madam!"
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 pm

"Sounds good to me." Gildor pulled out the required five skevols. "So, how do you play?"
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 7:56 am

Zee had managed, after walking in one large circle, to get himself to the marketplace. He looked around for a while, but found nothing of interest. He had noticed the others of the party, but made no approach. He had also noticed that Richard was nowhere to be seen and nodding to himself, he made the judgement to go find him.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:15 am

For some reason, being informed that the chest was cursed only made Persephone want to open it more. Of course she knew better than to do so here, or anywhere if it was just on a whim. She stuffed it back into her backpack.
"Well then I suppose that clears up that issue," she replied to Sal.
And on that note... she was hungry. Fortunately, Nekomura was a settlement where food was abundant. She polled her companions regarding lunch and whether they wanted to do some kind of group lunch thing.

It is around that time of day, right?
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm

(Yes it's around that time of the day, Para. Though do you mean Persephone went around and asked everyone at their various locations or does she have a way to talk to them all at once I don't know of?)

The neko woman watched Saen closely in a intense way and said in flat voice. "Be sure to come back." Before she went back to what shop keeps do when not speaking to a character.

The neko took his Skevols so fast he didn't have time to catch her after image. "Oh it's easy. First I roll a die then you. Whoever has the higher number wins the round. The earnings are doubled every round till you win or I take all your Skevols." She said with a grin that split her face as she held up a selection odf dice. "Care to try one of mine? Most customers don't bring their own. 'Most customers aren't elvish either...Please be a terrible player. I need to get some cash to eat!' She said as her stomach started to growl making sure not wince.

Zee found Richard tapping his foot at the the north entrance to town looking over the horizon and cursing like a sailor in some odd language. It could be his native tongue. "By the Suns of Caligula and the Great Rifts of Orilla! What are they doing?? We'll miss the boat. If I see one of them I'll give them such a- Oh Mr Zee, the womanizing rogue. I see you're the first and only one to show up yet. Had you fill of this little ...town?" The last part was added only after a Richard ground his teeth and gave his best "I'm a rich guy and don't want to stand on dirt roads." look.

Corveta had just finished shopping and was swinging her new Shock-Rod around and into her belt when she noticed Persephone. "Oh! Hey did I hear a mention of food? I'd love a bite. I'm starving. The bandits were worse cooks than they were brigands." She said with a giggle.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm

"By the gods ma'am if I am able I will." Saen Kel the Fifth says with a bow then leaves the store. He puts on his new gear and remarks it does't quite fit as well as his original armor. "Oh well a hero must make do, with what he has adapting to whatever the situation dictates." He recited to himself like an old mantra. He made his way to where Richard was making sure to say hello to anyone he crossed and helping anyone who might need help.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:38 pm

"Sounds good to me. And I believe I shall use that blue D20 of yours if you don't mind." The elf smiled and motioned to the Neko. "Your roll I think. Best of luck to you."
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 pm

[I meant she asked whoever was within earshot... that's at least a few of us.]
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm

(Oh I see now! I suppose there are a few in earshot aren't there? Also I feel this pause took a bit longer than planned and would like us to wrap it up. Don't worry there's still two more towns left on this adventure so you can hang out again it's just we we go a LONG way to go. ^^; )

Richard watched as Saen Kel now re-joined the party. "Ah Lord Kel, good to see you've finished with your supplies and I see you've acquired a new set of armor. It suits you. Have you seen the others? I thought they'd be here by now. We still have a long trek if we are to make it to the port before nightfall." Said Richard looking very tired of waiting. 'If he hasn't left already I'd be surprised an it will be difficult to purchase passage on another craft.' Though Richard worriedly. He trip might be delayed by weeks! He had waited too long already.

Darcy was about to hand the elf her die when she noticed something glinting in the distance. She squinted to see what it was and nearly jumped out of her skin when she realized it was a badge pined to the vest of a Negav Police Officer. And it was one she recognized: Chase Maldorin, a former Officer in the Negav Police till she was drummed out of the service for possession of some narcotic of some kind and was now just lowly Mercenary. She thought Darcy might know about who did it and why and had wanted to interrogate her further. 'Stuborn Inu...Why can't she just be bribed like most mercenaries.' Thought Darcy getting up slowly and reaching for her die across the table she met eyes with the Inu and realized she didn't have time for that. "Uh sorry, elf, we'll have to have a game later, gotta go play lazer tag with a friend of mine, bye!" Said Darcy ducking under the table as a gruff female voice said. "Darcy Dobouis I'm here to arrest- Ah frakk! Hey you get out of the way, citizen! Oh forget it." Then a blast of hot pink energy hit the table and blasted everything off of it as it toppled out of the way Darcy's dice flew up and hit Gildor in the head.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Gildor frowned and jumped back as the table was balsted. "Excuse me, but you nearly shot me just now." The elf stepped out of the Inu's way until she was in reach, and suddenly jammed one knee into her gut while grabbing and twisting the arm holding the weapon into a painful and awkward position. "Don't you know better then to shoot at a citizen?" He let the Inu go and turned to go find the rest of his party.

(I have one small question about the Inu's outfit. Considering that she was thrown off the force, I can assume her uniform is kind of old, frayed at the edges, and possibly a bit faded. At the very least it is not looking as sharp or crisp as it would look if she was still on the force. Next, can I also assume her weapon is not standard issue. Then the fact that she fired would normally mean she is not an officer as they normally try to avoid shooting, especially with civilians around. And finally, can I also assume she is not as clean cut as she would look if she was still in the force. Your answer will affect my next post. ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 am

"Thank you for the compliment Sir Richard but just call me Saen. I am not royalty by any stretch of the imagination." The young man said trying to curb his pride so it would not make him a fool, but it was still clear he liked being called a lord. "I haven't really seen much of them but I'm sure they will be here soon don't worry." Saen was confident that everyone would return as soon as they were able so he waited along side Richard.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:58 am

Taihaku was the next to find Richard. She arrived with her arms folded over her stomach. She was propping up Dargo, who she was holding in the warm confines of her winter coat, shielding him from the cold aura of air around her as she carried him. She approached Richard without a word, but made sure he could see his pet, and how well she was taking care of him. She didn't really know why he had followed her, or how he ended up unconscious on Mr. Southsmith's floor, but she knew she had to help him to be kind to her leader. And maybe for some brownie points, too.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Since it seemed no one was interested in joining her for lunch, Persephone decided to take one last swig of the taste of solitude, and one last nice meal, before venturing off into the wilderness. She wandered about the town a bit until she found the fanciest and most delicious-looking restaurant around. Of course she was instinctively apprehensive of exhausting her limited funds, but it wasn't like she'd have much use for it out in the jungle anyway. In the end she spent about half the money she'd brought and left with a belly full of calorie-dense delicacies, plus a refreshed and excited mood. And with that... she went to return to the group. They shouldn't be too hard to find, given that they were largely comprised of humans in a city populated by nekos. But then again, where was it they were supposed to meet?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:06 pm

(Yes, Nergal ,her outfit is a little shabby and her weapon, is as far as I know anway, non standard. I got the idea from a web comic I like. It's a sorta magical hand gun. )

Chase, the bounty hunter was not pleased. Not only had she just lost that sneaky little kitty Darcy, but now some elf had decided to file a complaint. With her arm! "Augh! Hey lay off you! I was only doin' my job. Bounty hunters ain't gotta obey the normal laws, especially not when dealing with someone as dangerous as her! Now let go of my arm before I make you eat that mace!" She replied gruffly her dark hair standing on end and her ears layed back her small, but angry sound emanating from her throat.

Richard noticed the others had arrived. Almost all of them. Just the elf was missing. Fire and shadows! What's he doing now? Surely an elf can appreciate punctuality. After all they are always standing around and saying how perfect they are." Richard stated remembering his few encounters with elves. Though he hadn't know any to carry a mace. That was a weapon used by cruder creatures. Orcs, Dwarves or even halflings... He decided he may have to go fetch the elf. He couldn't let that ship leave port without him. He started to move when Taihaku approached him holding Dargo! He looked like, from the large swelling round place on his head between his left horn and his right ear, a nasty whack to the head. Though his kind were a tough breed, he'd live. "What in the world? What happened to my loyal pet? Did he get ambushed trying to keep you safe, my sweet?"

(XD Nice one Nyaha! I love that image.)
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:26 pm

(I figured as much. ^_^)

Gildir complied to the Inu's request and let her go. "Next time don't shoot at a civilian. You used to be an officer of the law, I would have expected better from you. Bounty hunter or not, I should hope that you still have some of your old training and follow some of those rules." He spun on his heels and began to leave to find the group. "Best of luck to you on your hunt Inu. I hope you manage to catch your target without coming to a bad end."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

"I am not sure precisely what transpired to this result," Taihaku answered. "I found him laying unconscious upon the floor of the man who's abode I was visiting during my time here."

Taihaku recalled the strange dent in Mr. Southsmith's wall as well. She did not know where that came from either.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Chase massaged her sore arm and watched the elf leave thinking. 'What a giant pointy eared douche. No where'd that stupid kitty get off to? Ooh! I'll get her for this.' With that she ran off.

Richard smilled. "Ah I think I know. Never-the-less, will you hold him a moment more? I must confess I haven't given him the proper amount of attention lately." Richard looked up to see Gildor walking up to the party. "Ah the gangs all here. Well then, are we ready to embark on the next leg of our journey, fellows? Better be! The jungle is hungry." Said Richard with a ferocious smile before turning and dashing away onto the path leading out of town.

Corveta followed suit. "Let's hope we don't give it indigestion then." She said literally hopping so. She hated it when people tried to make a situation more dramatic at the expense of their own party. She checked to make sure Saen was still with her. 'Be a shame to let the first good lucking guy I meet in decades get away.' She thought smiling. At least she could worry about something simple like boys instead of man eaters and curses.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 pm

...and Persephone came running up behind them. She had been delayed slightly by a loss of orientation, but eventually caught up to the group.
And there it was before her, once again: the vast, unforgiving Felaryan jungle. The trees may just as well have been the walls of some evil castle for all they signified. A few disturbing memories flashed briefly in her mind of things that had transpired in this forest. Well, in some of the forests to the south, actually. This one, she reminded herself, was different and in some ways a great deal more dangerous - the party's route would inevitable lead them uncomfortably close to the Giant Tree and the territories of some of Felarya's most infamous predators.
To be honest, a part of her had always wanted to meet one of them, perhaps the famed Crisis, just out of a morbid curiosity as to whether she had what it would take to not get eaten. But of course Persephone knew better than to let herself get into any such situation - the risk of failure was far too high, and here in Felarya, she recalled once again, death was a lot more permanent than it had been in her previous home.
"So is there any specific route picked out? Will we just be going in a straight line, or are there to be any detours?" she asked Richard.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Gildor fell into line, next to Taihaku. "I do apologize about running late. I had a run in with some bounty hunter who nearly shot my head off. " The Elf smiled at Dargo and gave him a pat on the head. "If it's hungry then I had best be ready to feed it some arrows if need be."
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Saen stuck close to Corveta still in the impression he was more following her than Richard. Not that he didn't trust anyone else in the group in fact even in the short time he travelled with them he found he liked them and considered them all close friends even those he had not talked to yet. He remained silent but he looked very content to be among friends.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 am

"Arrows are....edible?" Taihaku questioned as she watched Gildor's hand come rather uncomfortably close to touching her breast.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Richard laughed at Taihaku's question about edible arrows. "On some worlds, yes, but I believe it was humor." Richard turned to addressed Persephone. "The route will move in a serpentine pattern with slight twists and turns that are subtle but should take us to the Harbor without incident...If our ride hasn't left already. I expected to be there at noon, but I think we'll be lucky to make that time now." He said in subtly annoyed voice.

Corveta looked at Persephone and saw something in her eyes. Something...familar. Fear. Dread. Terror. The same look she saw in the bathroom mirror only hours ago in Salgo's Magic Shop when thinking of Redryn, Tair, Largo, Dale, Nia and even her rival Sales. 'She looks mornfull. She has lost people too! Maybe we have a little more in common that I thought when I joined up with them. She made a note to talk to her later. Perhaps she could help her find some kind of peace. She was so deep in her thoughts she almost didn't see Saen as she turned to look around. "Oh! Saen. Sorry.I didn't see you there...um nice armor. Did you get it back there? Looks expensive."
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:46 pm

"Oh this?" Saen replied. "Thank you it was kinda free, I engaged in a battle of luck with this fine woman and earned some money then went and bought it for a rather interesting person. I promised I would return to see her. How was your trip in town?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Grande Adventure
Page 8 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next