Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface Empty
PostSubject: Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface   Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Accel World is by Reki Kawahara, same person who's responsible for Sword Art Online, both of which are popular and the same general sci-fi setting, both excellent animes. Anyone seen them?

Second thing, is they use something called "Brain-Computer Interface" which is also called a neural interface has gotten so advanced now the first convention is being held in San Francisco in May 1-2 of this year. If you want to know more about it you can read it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain%E2%80%93computer_interface

Honestly some of the stuff there is so crazy it's hard to believe. I wonder what other's think about it, and maybe virtual reality is a finally a foreseeable product in the future, however distant...unlike how it used to be where it was just a "what if" and "wouldn't that be cool?"

Honestly though Sword Art Online talks about some of the things that can go wrong, especially when a certain maniacal maniac decides to try and figure out how to control people's minds and soul through their brain. I suggest a nice chat about BCI and/or Reki Kawahara's stuff, because I need someone else to talk about it with. That makes me selfish. Bael is a selfish elf. Razz
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface   Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Wow, I didn't realize they were by the same person, cool!
Regarding my experiences, at least in Sword Art Online, I had to start off the experience with a heavy dollop of suspension of disbelief. No way would a brain-computer interface with the sheer power output capability to melt someone's brain would ever be approved for mass production. People both inside and outside the company would inevitably test and examine it to prevent safety faults.
Also, while excited about the whole idea of seeing the virtual world and moving around via brainwaves, that's cool but still disappointingly far from the SAO/Tron/Matrix dream. We have yet to produce a rendering engine (let alone one fit for MMOs) that can relate a full body's worth of sensory data in any remotely convincing manner.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net

Accel World (Anime) and Brain-Computer Interface
Page 1 of 1