Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?

Go down 
+21
Warrior3000
Claire
Sciran
rcs619
melancholy-melody13
GREGOLE
Raveolution
The Rev
gwadahunter2222
Mickilla
Ewin
Karbo
Daimo
Googlememan
dlausactor6373
Zoekin
Silent_eric
Haar
Shady Knight
Pendragon
servomoore
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ewin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Ewin

How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Zoekin wrote:
Very Happy You make a good point Ewin.
I look at it like this. Its all to do with energy returned for effort spent. Crisis simply isn't going to get enough reward from eating young children to make chasing them worth the effort. Not compared to that great big muscular male neko over there for instance.
However if a child just happened to bump into her-well-she's not going to let an opportunity pass her by.

Now Vivian is a master at this. She's worked out how to get meals with expending the least amount of energy. However-I don't know if she would bother with children.

Katrika-"Zoekin-Anna says if you don't drop this subject she's going to pop your head off like a cork from a bottle."

Oops

Agree 100% there.
Amount of energy it takes vs amount of energy gained from meal. Not sure if Vivian's method would work for all children, in the words of my kid brother when asked if he has a girlfriend at school yet: "Ewww yuck poo girls!"

Obviously you need to have reached a certain age for Vivian's style to work. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://elvenskies.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:37 pm

This subject in general doesn't seem like a big deal when you consider the possibility that Humans or Nekos that are given the chance would probably kill baby predators as a sort of revenge or something like that. And they can easily say "Well...it was eventually going to grow up and eat my kind. I'm doing it for my races survival!"
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
Mickilla
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Mickilla

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Bear in mind that as far as she's concerned, humans don't count as people, they're just talkative food. The only reason that might convince her to spare a child or infant is that they might not be so appetizing. The best analogy that I can come up with is that when I used to collect and mount insects you would only take adult specimens, simply because larvae or nymphs usually aren't worth putting on display. If they were, you would take all you could find without remorse.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
I'd think Vivian wouldn't mind. If the child is old enough to be 'hypnotized' by her, she'll probably eat them. I also think Anko, Menyssan, and Drayla would eat kids too. And several of the fairies. And definately Violet. So Zoekin does have a character who would eat young 'uns too. ^^

sobsob Afraid so. Kitty has and Lephia would certainly try it. Talwin my male naga would if the opportunity arose and I'm not sure about Alestor the Bolas Dridder. Its not something I want to write about.

Anna"RIGHT! I warned you! Come here!"

Gotta go!
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Daimo wrote:
This subject in general doesn't seem like a big deal when you consider the possibility that Humans or Nekos that are given the chance would probably kill baby predators as a sort of revenge or something like that. And they can easily say "Well...it was eventually going to grow up and eat my kind. I'm doing it for my races survival!"
Read Rin's Adventures, you will change your after that.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Daimo wrote:
Read Rin's Adventures, you will change your after that.

Felarya is a massive place and so I can't let the perspective certain stories give me effect my entire view. I'm pretty damn sure their are some hateful Nekos and Humans around killing baby preds as justification and if looked at in a certain way their actions are totally fair in a "Eye for an eye" sort of way. Not saying I won't read the stories, though.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:53 pm

The problem is that babies grows with their parents. So they are still confronted by a towering behemoth anyway. Even if he managed to kill the baby first, it's a surefire to get the mother to feast on your entire village. lol!

Didn't think that far yet, didn't you?
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:56 pm

Mickilla wrote:
Bear in mind that as far as she's concerned, humans don't count as people, they're just talkative food. The only reason that might convince her to spare a child or infant is that they might not be so appetizing. The best analogy that I can come up with is that when I used to collect and mount insects you would only take adult specimens, simply because larvae or nymphs usually aren't worth putting on display. If they were, you would take all you could find without remorse.

This is correct. To Crisis, there is "people" and there is "food". The trick is to get yourself from one category to the other. At least with Crisis you have a chance bless her!

With Anko your chances are slim to none! She doesn't seem to believe in throwing the little ones back.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
The problem is that babies grows with their parents. So they are still confronted by a towering behemoth anyway. Even if he managed to kill the baby first, it's a surefire to get the mother to feast on your entire village. lol!

Didn't think that far yet, didn't you?

It depends, really. If a bunch of weak humans with measly swords are carrying out the act then they're screwed. But if a bunch of futuristic humans with high tech weapons are carrying out the act then it's a toss up. There are a bunch of variables.

Last edited by Daimo on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm

Zoekin wrote:
Mickilla wrote:

This is correct. To Crisis, there is "people" and there is "food". The trick is to get yourself from one category to the other. At least with Crisis you have a chance bless her!

With Anko your chances are slim to none! She doesn't seem to believe in throwing the little ones back.
Of course not, she gets bored so easy, so even the little ones may be worth something. Alvar might be an exception as he saved her when she was a baby, and there is my Ichthy Vand'Oren who is her childhood friend, as well as the one who got her into causing mischief during their childhood in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:10 pm

One problem I have with writing nagas is that I keep on expecting them to act like humans-which they are not.
Anna has human standards (so long as you don't smoke in front of her) but the rest have a completely different set of standards.
Not to say that they are mindless predators of course. (I like all of my limbs attached!) but they simply don't see things the way I do.
I can honestly say its this "difference" that makes them so appealing to me.
Humans are food on Felarya. Simple as that. And there is no "You must be this high to enter" sign at the enterance either.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Zoekin wrote:
One problem I have with writing nagas is that I keep on expecting them to act like humans-which they are not.
Anna has human standards (so long as you don't smoke in front of her) but the rest have a completely different set of standards.
Not to say that they are mindless predators of course. (I like all of my limbs attached!) but they simply don't see things the way I do.
Humans are food on Felarya. Simple as that. And there is no "You must be this high to enter" sign at the enterance either.

This is why writing stories based on a prey-class perspective is going to be fun. Since Humans and Nekos have their own different opinion on preds. Like Rayna who sees them as giant targets.

Rayna: *coughs* Giant targets that can talk.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Zoekin wrote:

Exactly! Exactly! That's what I was trying to say!
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Very Happy I must admit Daimo that I find your idea to be very intriguing! I'd like to learn what nekos and local humans (and mice-girls) thought of the better known predators. Some of them might actually feel a kind of fondness for some of them.

"Don't worry about that pink-haired, blue-tailed naga son. She won't touch you so long as you leave the 'baccy alone."

or

"Yeah. Stripey-tail won't eat kids but you never know when Blondie will turn up. That's what makes hunting in her shadow so exciting!"
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Zoekin wrote:
Very Happy I must admit Daimo that I find your idea to be very intriguing! I'd like to learn what nekos and local humans (and mice-girls) thought of the better known predators. Some of them might actually feel a kind of fondness for some of them.

"Don't worry about that pink-haired, blue-tailed naga son. She won't touch you so long as you leave the 'baccy alone."

or

"Yeah. Stripey-tail won't eat kids but you never know when Blondie will turn up. That's what makes hunting in her shadow so exciting!"

Very Happy That's pretty much the idea. That's why I wished more stories gave more insight to the preys perspective on things. Whether it'd be negative or positive views.

The average Terrians view on Crisis: "Crisis? Who the hell is that? Pfft, she doesn't sound so tough. Here, I'll show you one of them Desert Nagas. They'll scare the crap out of you."
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Sounds like an interesting project. I've touched upon the prey's view point with my Estuarine Mermaid Aleski but I think I could expand on this.

Another aspect that GREGOLE and I discuss is cannibilisim. (Yeah-we have really strange converstions.)
Now I KNOW that Crisis doesn't eat smaller nagas (and believe me-Katrika is grateful!) but seeing as its not uncommon in nature-is it acceptable for a Felarya character or is it too far?

Katrika-"Oh I don't like where this is going!"
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:56 pm

If an area where the Predator lives is devoid of Humans and/or other prey-class creatures then they would pretty much have no choice but to do cannibalism or attack other Predators.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:01 pm

I'd say, just ask Violet or Anko. xp. Just like humans, Felaryans have differing morals. Some like Crisis believe that species is important, and others believe size matters. So of course there are those who would 'cannabalize' smaller members of their species.

In fact, I wonder if Anna ever would. I'm sure she might given certain circumstances.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:03 pm

According to Karbo whom I asked about this-Predators in Felarya are quite happy to eat each other. Harpies will happily take small nagas (not Vivian's flock though) and nagas have been know to eat both mermaids and slug-girls on occasion. *looks at a blushing Katrika*

And aren't neko's predators in their own right anyway?

As for eating their own kind-I have only heard of it happening twice in my experiance. Anko is rumoured to have done it although she recently denied it. (See my story "Aleski") and of course a certain Siren/Naga with dinosaur hands is well known to have a liking for both nagas and mermaids.

Its a touchy subject.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Quote :

Depends where they live. Terrian Nekos aren't predators unless they moved to an area where Mice People are running around and even then I doubt they'd actually eat them.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:16 pm

In the end I guess it comes down to this-Crisis is a predator and we can't expect her to pass up easy food just becasue it offends our sense of "fair" play.

Crisis may very well have seen things in her life that makes her feel quite justified in eating any "food" she comes across.

When all is said and done-we still love her!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Zoekin wrote:

When all is said and done-we still love her!

Curses! You've got me there.

*prepares to give a caravan of humans to Crisis*
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Daimo wrote:

Depends where they live. Terrian Nekos aren't predators unless they moved to an area where Mice People are running around and even then I doubt they'd actually eat them.
I wonder if the neko or the half-breed human/neko *looks Selena* will react if they some mice people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:37 pm

Well, Crisis has a good-hearted nature, so I don't think she'd do anything evil, provided it doesn't concern food.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Zoekin wrote:
According to Karbo whom I asked about this-Predators in Felarya are quite happy to eat each other. Harpies will happily take small nagas (not Vivian's flock though) and nagas have been know to eat both mermaids and slug-girls on occasion. *looks at a blushing Katrika*

As for eating their own kind-I have only heard of it happening twice in my experiance. Anko is rumoured to have done it although she recently denied it. (See my story "Aleski") and of course a certain Siren/Naga with dinosaur hands is well known to have a liking for both nagas and mermaids.

Its a touchy subject.
Speaking of Ryla, I came up with my main antagonist. I tried really hard to have him be 100% bad to the bone, so much he puts Krista to shame. He actually finds Ryla quite entertaining (he causes well-planed full-scale attacks on Felarya for pure entertainement, because he's bored) and he already prepared in the events of an encounter. One thing to know about him, he is not one to mess with, even Crisis is no match for him. He plans to use her to cause senseless destruction to get out of his boredom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next