Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?

Go down 
+21
Warrior3000
Claire
Sciran
rcs619
melancholy-melody13
GREGOLE
Raveolution
The Rev
gwadahunter2222
Mickilla
Ewin
Karbo
Daimo
Googlememan
dlausactor6373
Zoekin
Silent_eric
Haar
Shady Knight
Pendragon
servomoore
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
servomoore
Naga food

How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Empty
PostSubject: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:15 am

I know I'm the one who has the book where Crisis is about to eat a mother with a baby, and then starts playing with the baby and getting it to laugh before eating both, which gives you some idea how far I might go if left to my own devices with Karbo, but what would be something that would be JUST barely too evil for her to do?

Bare in mind these are ideas I and some guys are working on animating, which I imagine would amplify the unpleasantness a bit.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:18 am

Wait a damn minute.

I thought she spared mothers and children. Did I miss something along the lines?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:19 am

I don't have the money to buy the book, but one thing is sure, my character won't let her eat kids or a family.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:23 am

Pendragon wrote:
Wait a damn minute.

I thought she spared mothers and children. Did I miss something along the lines?

I think you're thinking of Katrika.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 am

Well, that clears things up.

Though now my opinion on Crisis has changed completely.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 am

If babies, mothers, and pregnant women don't want to be eaten, why are they in Felarya? I say they are just asking for it. Better Crisis than some Kensha beast or something anyway. XP

Nothings too far, as long as it's in character. Also, I hope I don't come to regret that statement.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:23 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
Also, I hope I don't come to regret that statement.

Trust me, you will Wink
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:21 pm

pale I have actually asked Karbo this question.........

In the EXTREMELY unlikely event of a very young child running around in Felarya should run into Crisis then it's definately on the menu. Please don't hold this against Crisis. She is a predator and must do what she can to survive.

I should point out that Crisis would face stiff oposition from both Anna and Katrika if such a rare event should come to pass. I certainly won't write it.

Katrika-"And I'm not the only predator out there with a soft spot for children either. Sophie the mermaid and Ryla the Naga/Siren both refuse to gulp down kids too!"

Markie-"And I keep an eye out for this advent too. You mortals have my word on that!"
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:23 pm

In my vision, while Samus, Sonic, Janus ans Lea could care less if Crisis eats a human, they do care if she eats a small child or a mother and her baby. In fact they will serioudly get pissed if she does that and demand that she spit them back up. Alucard, on the other hand, does care if Crisis eats a human, but only if he is around.
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:31 pm

i don't even allow my characters to eat children under the age of 10.

if Crisis did eat a mother and/or a child,i would think some of her friends would be pretty pissed off
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Rayna: *laughs* "Okay, I eat humans, but if I see a child then I'll let him go...until he or she reaches like 13. Then you're screwed. That made me laugh."

Alexis: <_<

Rayna: Ahh, these preds amuse me.
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Well what can I say..
Sure this is not pretty but the main reason Crisis eats humans like candies is that she don't really see them as people by default ( the food category ) and she is used to that since bascially her whole life ( she was fed shrunken humans by fairies when little )

No matter how I put it, realistically she would not spare a kid and her mother under normal circumstances... This don't mean I like this aspect of her and I would draw anything about it. Much like I would never draw anything about detailled and graphic digestion though it exist as well...

Being an universe partly based on vore, Felarya can easily be depicted as an horrible place where giant creature basically kill smaller creatures and enjoy it.
that's not the view I choose to use. In my opinion realism and vore don't mix well at all.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Wink Just for the record, Katrika will "miss" any young children or mothers who run her way while fleeing from Crisis. It's one of the things Crisis finds hard to understand about her young friend. As a result-Katrika sometimes goes hungry.
However-there is one enormous benefit that compensates Katrika for her hunger pangs-Anna approves!
On a side note, this habit of Katrika's has sometimes lead to nekos with kittens shadowing her through the jungle in an attempt to forage for food safely. Katrika won't harm them and her presence deters other predators from attacking them as they travel.

However-if they wander off they may find that Crisis is shadowing THEM!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 pm

All I'm saying is, it don't make alot of sense.

From a pred's view, a baby should look like a raw berry, wherein it's too young to eat, because it would taste horrible unless fully developed.

It must be her insatiable appetite, I suppose, for all berries look good when you're hungry.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:58 pm

All I can say is this is going to give me a lot of ammo for my prey based stories. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Karbo wrote:
Well what can I say..
Sure this is not pretty but the main reason Crisis eats humans like candies is that she don't really see them as people by default ( the food category ) and she is used to that since bascially her whole life ( she was fed shrunken humans by fairies when little )

No matter how I put it, realistically she would not spare a kid and her mother under normal circumstances... This don't mean I like this aspect of her and I would draw anything about it. Much like I would never draw anything about detailled and graphic digestion though it exist as well...

Being an universe partly based on vore, Felarya can easily be depicted as an horrible place where giant creature basically kill smaller creatures and enjoy it.
that's not the view I choose to use. In my opinion realism and vore don't mix well at all.

There you have it.

Try seeing it from Crisis's point of veiw. She's a BIG predator. She can't afford to let meals go. I don't like the idea of her eating a mother but I suppose it must happen from time to time. It isn't something I choose to write about and I respect Karbo's decision not to draw it. I do feel that Crisis eating a young child is a more realistic approach than Katrika choosing not to because it's "wrong."

Crisis is a wonderful character and I'm sure everyone here feels affection for her but she's not human. It isn't really fair to force human morals onto her. She lives in a tough world where she must do whatever it takes to survive. Felarya is a tough place!

I guess what I'm trying to get across here is nature is sometimes nasty and things happen we would rather not see. Personally I choose not to write about such things. Guess I'm just a wuss that way.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 pm

You have a point.

At least she's nice about it. It's better than her eating the poor things out of spite.

And you have to admit; soft vore is definitely the best way to go out in a world like Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Quote :
And you have to admit; soft vore is definitely the best way to go out in a world like Felarya.

Tell that to the person inside the stomach. I'd rather be dead before the acid eats me alive thank you. *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Ewin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Ewin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:17 pm

I would have thought its like when you go fishing, throw the little ones back in. They're too small, plenty more fish in the sea. Not because they are baby fish and that would be cruel, but simply because there's enough fully grown ones around and you want to keep the stocks up.

Would not imagine there's too many young kids running around Felarya by themselves, I'm sure their parents would have already scared them half to death with the
"Don't go outside after nightfall and never stray too far from the house....Or the giant Snake Lady will gobble you up!"
sobsob
Back to top Go down
http://elvenskies.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Daimo wrote:

Tell that to the person inside the stomach. I'd rather be dead before the acid eats me alive thank you. *shudders*

I guess you're right.

It's more of a personal like, really. Especially when you've seen how the Tonorians and other mindless devils eat.

Brrrr....... sends chills down my spine.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Well then! It seems Felarya is actually more or less child friendly for some reason (As long as you don't meet Crisis by herself). Which gives me an idea.

Humans who find out about this sentimental weakness in many predators are willing to pay high prices for a mage to cast a powerful illusion on them, making them appear like a child. Many claim this is the easiest, if expensive, way to survive in Felaryan wilderness.

But honestly, kids are just as edible as adults in my opinion. Kids are humans too. I wouldn't put any extra emphasis on them, or try to use them for shock value or anything like that. I was thinking of having a character in one of my stories that is a small child. He may even be eaten at some point. But then again, so will a lot of people. I don’t think it’s anything special, just because he’s lived less. Of course, I think anyone who'd just rather not look at or think of or work with the idea of mothers or children actually dying. Well more power to them. It means you have a good set of morals. I on the other hand am a desensitized degenerate. And so I don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Quote :
I guess you're right.

It's more of a personal like, really. Especially when you've seen how the Tonorians and other mindless devils eat.

Brrrr....... sends chills down my spine.

Well when I eventually start up my prey perspective stories I'm going to have to get into that anti-vore mindset. I guess you can call this practice.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Very Happy You make a good point Ewin.
I look at it like this. Its all to do with energy returned for effort spent. Crisis simply isn't going to get enough reward from eating young children to make chasing them worth the effort. Not compared to that great big muscular male neko over there for instance.
However if a child just happened to bump into her-well-she's not going to let an opportunity pass her by.

Now Vivian is a master at this. She's worked out how to get meals with expending the least amount of energy. However-I don't know if she would bother with children.

Katrika-"Zoekin-Anna says if you don't drop this subject she's going to pop your head off like a cork from a bottle."

Oops
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Don't worry, when Sean will be back, he won't let Crisis eat kids or families. Given Shadow Element allows him to turn, as well as anything making contact with him that isn't twice his size into ghosts, he will be able to save kids at the last minute. This might upset Crisis, but Sean is very stubborn about his morals. All of my preds have that moral, except Fiolla, but she always goes for fruits. Believe it or not, but Fiolla is one of the too few predators who hates the feeling of her preys squirming in her stomach.

Fiolla-"Why do you like so much humans sqirming inside you? It feels weird, and seriously I don't find it especially good, it's annoying."
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:31 pm

I'd think Vivian wouldn't mind. If the child is old enough to be 'hypnotized' by her, she'll probably eat them. I also think Anko, Menyssan, and Drayla would eat kids too. And several of the fairies. And definately Violet. So Zoekin does have a character who would eat young 'uns too. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?   How Far Is Too Far For Crisis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Far Is Too Far For Crisis?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next