Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phantom Noises in Headphones

Go down 
+2
Stabs
Archmage_Bael
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Phantom Noises in Headphones Empty
PostSubject: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Can anyone explain this to me? I keep hearing random, exceedingly quiet songs playing through my headphones. I look at my audio devices down in the corner and shows there is sound going on, but I mute it, and it keeps playing. I know its not in my head, because I take my headphones off and the sound stops instantly. Its getting quite irksome.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:17 pm

They might be a problem with the cable, or with external magnetic fields.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:19 pm

External Magnetic Fields? How would those factor in?
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Any magnetic field creates a small current inside a cable that moves around in that field's reach. Happens everywhere, but sound devices are more easy to find out since they produce a pretty audible noise when it happens. That means the cable isn't too well isolated from such interferences. The mobile phone is a very typical magnetic field-producing device, I remember a time when my old speakers would produce a sound like a galloping horse (but much more acute) a second before receiving a text message XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Exceedingly quiet songs? You can identify it as music or just a bunch of noise? If audio devices says the sound is there and you can recognize it as music I'd look into the possibility of it being malware or such. My 2 cents at least.
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 pm

they are the voices in your head whispering to you compeleting you to make the blood snackerfice to the gods of Felarya
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Thywolf wrote:
they are the voices in your head whispering to you compeleting you to make the blood snackerfice to the gods of Felarya

^ Laughing Good one! Yes Notys extends her reach...

Anyway, i get something too with my headphones on my iPod touch a few years ago. While looking at slenderman stuff. That sure was creepy and I didn't sleep well that night. (Electronic interference is a sign of slenderman) make sure the headphones are in all the way. Blow on the jack and port to get rid of any dust. And if you still have problems, call tech support.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:37 am

Woulden't be this kind of music would it?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Noises in Headphones   Phantom Noises in Headphones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantom Noises in Headphones
Page 1 of 1