Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Empty
PostSubject: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:40 pm

Now, a while ago, I attempted to explain dimensional rifts and portals by using a standard hollow-universe theory, with a slight twist of my own (ameoba-like motion). Now, however, I've added to this theory. I've incorporated the Theory of Relativity and the resulting String Theory, of course, as well as other ideas, whether completely my own, or inspired by others. The old idea was an alternative to the multiverse concept, whereas my new one kinda combines the universe/multiverse ideas.

First of all, I'll re-explain the hollow-universe concept. All three dimensions that we perceive physically (length, width, and depth/height), are like the outside of a sphere. However, the other dimension, which would be the "center" or "filling" of a sphere, is actually hollow. Think of it like this: the universe is like a balloon, and we exist on the rubbery outside part of it. The hollow inside is that other dimension, invisible to us. We don't even know it exists, because we can't directly feel it at all.

However, we indirectly feel its effects. Each piece of matter causes an indentation in this rubbery outside, "pressing" on it (this relates to Einstein's view of gravity). The rubber part also shifts, in fact, the balloon is more like an amoeba, constantly contracting and expanding in weird directions, in seemingly random patterns. This is because various types of energies are always attracting or repelling one another. Gravity, the indentation made by all matter on our universe, is only one. When two indentations meet or come close, they attract one another, like a marble rolling into the indentation made by a bowling ball. This is standard gravity.

---(I'll add the rest when I feel like it; I'm taking a break for now.)---
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:43 pm

When writing this don't forget to account for parallel universes (of which there is an almost infinite number). I think using a modified version of the 'Multiverse' theory (or possibly M-Theory) might help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:42 pm

I plan on doing so. In fact, there are, and aren't, parallel universes. They're simply a result of warped time or space experienced by an individual (more on that when I finish my first post).
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Mucked up addition: Gonna go into Hyperion-style "Infinite possible timelines, unchanged no matter the act in your current version"? If so, how will you explain such?
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 10:56 pm

I need to post my (ruff) paper on this.....
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:31 pm

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my third extended absence, however, I've addressed the problem in a permanent manner (I hope).

Secondly, I plan on linking it all to perception. Time is like a river, and perception floats along it. If there are eddies or swirls, things may happen to one's perception, one's reality. For this reason, there may seem to be several universes, because as one follows this stream through the various tributaries, they may see differently and exist separately. Thus, there's one universe and several simultaneously, like I'd promised there would be in my theory.

I'll finish the first post eventually, ah?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

I'd like to say that I've abandoned the project for now. The concept is still a bit too complicated for my limited skills to explain.

Do not think I've given up, though. I shall continue to study and contemplate this, and hopefully write a theorem that may explain it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed   Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimensional Physics - Rethought and Renewed
Page 1 of 1