Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:01 pm

I think the difference about the elemental will be their personnalities than their power.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:06 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I think the difference about the elemental will be their personnalities than their power.

I think it's a bit more complex than that. It depends on the elemental, really...

... Oh. Razz

Okay, you win this one, gwadahunter. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:26 am

I think the Myrna and Pazu idea could make a fine legend in the lore section ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:58 am

Karbo wrote:
I think the Myrna and Pazu idea could make a fine legend in the lore section ^_^
I imagine them more like that, they are not specially powerfull, but their story has always fascinate the other races Razz
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:15 am

Okay, sort of neglected this thread a bit; it was only because I've been busy with a lot of other things, not because I ran out of ideas! Laughing

Ninaril

Widely known among Elementals across the known universe as "The Unluckiest Elemental in Existence", Ninaril is a Ice Elemental of incredible power who is capable of granting any wish her summoner desires... or so the legends go. Unfortunately for her and the hapless mortals who summon her expecting awesome feats of magic, those legends are completely wrong.

You see, Ninaril is a fairly "young" Elemental in terms of power and experience, and is actually weaker than most mages who summon her! Unfortunately for her, she has met with a huge string of misfortunes, sort of like a snowball rolling down a hill becoming larger and larger along the way.

Ninaril typically takes a human-like form when she physically manifests, greatly resembling a nude human woman made entirely out of crystalline ice, with very long hair that falls down to her ankles and sways around her. Her size varies somewhat, but she typically manifests in a physical form that is around average height for a human female, a little more or a little less depending on the circumstances; however, once she has taken a physical form, she does not change her size at all. It is possible that she is incapable of it, unlike the average elemental; however, it seems to be a sore point with her, and she refuses to answer questions of that nature.

Ninaril is a bit... odd, for an Elemental; She seems to genuinely like humans, and does not seem to prey upon them at all, unlike the typical Elemental. She is fairly enamored of human society, literature, cultural trends, and unusual (to her!) objects that humans create or use; often times, she will create a physical body that includes such objects as glasses, a wristwatch, or items of clothing made out of ice (non-functonal, of course... they are only for appearance's sake). She is pretty friendly, during rare 'accidental' encounters with non-magical humans, and can even be pretty helpful, if you don't mind a constant deluge of questions regarding anything that catches her interest... which can sometimes verge on the inane.

However, magic-using humans are an exception; Ninaril loathes mages of all sorts, particularly those who summon her. Unfortunately, there often isn't much she can do to vent her displeasure, as from a magical standpoint, she is a very weak elemental. This means that it is pretty easy for mages to control her. However, she is very intelligent and clever, and often finds indirect ways to lead her "masters" to their doom.

According to rumors among her fellow Elementals, most of whom are amused to no end by the predicaments she finds herself in, Ninaril was a young and naive minor Ice Elemental with an strange obsession with humans. She eventually befriended a human mage, and after several adventures together, established a pact with him that allowed him to summon her at any time; although she was weak, she vowed to assist her friend to the best of her abilities any time she was summoned. Things went great at first, and Ninaril and her mage friend had several adventures together, with Ninaril's clever mind often providing unusual insight into perilious situations.

Unfortunately, being naive, she did not think out the terms of her pact very well; she had vowed to assist whoever summoned her to the best of her abilities, any time she was summoned. Eventually, her mage friend told his friends the secret of summoning his helpful friend, and they told their friends, and they told their friends...

After a mere century, and various mistranslations and exaggerations, it seemed as though the spell to summon Ninaril was known to every mage in Felarya or other worlds; now, she just can't get any rest at all! What makes it worse is that the idiot mage who betrayed her trust apparently didn't do a very good job of describing her to his friends, because now, people think she's some sort of genie or Elemental Lord or something! It is possible to find "5,000 year old ancient tablets" that were chiselled just a decade ago, describing in great detail how to summon "The Great Lady of Frost, Ninaril" to grant the desires of the summoner.

This has been both extremely embarrassing and extremely painful for Ninaril, despite some sympathy from other Elementals (most of them, however, think that it's funny as all hell!). She has been 'destroyed' more times than any other Elemental in the known Universe, as some of her "masters" made the mistake of thinking that it was okay to piss off beings like King Trazix or Crisis, and then summon "The Great Lady of Frost" to protect them... only to gape in (very short-lived) surprise as she was turned into powdered snow with a single shot!

Ninaril typically goes through more physical bodies in a single year than the average Elemental does in a century! As one might expect, this hasn't done her self-esteem or sense of charity towards others much good; while she gets along fine with the average human, she hates magic-users with a passion, and will try her hardest to ensure that any mage who summons her meets a horrible end. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, Ninaril hasn't been destroyed for real yet... but it's probably only a matter of time. She does get a bit of sympathy from other Elementals she winds up having to face due to the power her "masters" exert over her, so they tend to take it easy on her... somewhat. "Taking it easy on Ninaril" pretty much means one-shotting her and destroying her physical form, leading to all sorts of hilarious "water cooler" stories being traded among Elementals.

In this sense, Ninaril has acheived an odd sort of fame; she's something of a minor celebrity among Elementals, rather than the mover and shaker the mortal mages think she is. This of course infuriates her to no end, but there's not a whole lot she can do about it; the knowledge on how to summon her is so widespread that it's impossible to destroy all copies of the spell.

Power-wise, Ninaril has the typical range of Elemental abilities, including immunity to her own element. She has never been witnessed merging with ice and increasing her size, but it is not known if this is a matter of personal choice, or she lacks the ability altogether. She does have the ability to slowly freeze objects that her 'hair' touches; this allows her to create more ice simply by spreading strands of her hair out and having the ends come into contact with water.

In addition, this freezing ability works on living things, but typically only at the surface level; Ninaril is capable of encasing someone in a layer of ice, which prevents them from moving, but it would take her several hours to be able to freeze even a small living organism solid. She is not much of a spell-caster; while she knows some minor magic, she is only capable of overwhelming novice mages- any magic-user with the slightest amount of real skill or experience is more powerful than she is.

Ninaril does have a very sharp mind, and excellent analytical abilities; she's capable of remaining calm even in a disasterous situation (she has been in them many, many times before!), and providing great advice or assessments of a situation, even while on fire, being melted, chopped apart, or crushed (again, it has happened many, many times before Sad ). Unfortunately, if she does not like you, she is often cynical and a smartass; and if you summoned her, she pretty much hates your guts and wishes you'd just die. More than just wishes, in fact- she'll do everything in her power to try and make that happen, before she gets blasted into ice cubes (which will happen, inevitably).

Ninaril quotes:

"I can't do that." Mad
"... Are you serious? You expect me to fight that?!" Sad
"Come on, do I look like a fething Genie to you?!" Very Mad
"Not in the face! Not in the fa- *sound of ice shattering*" sobsob
"Die in a fire." Very Mad
"Yeah, well... I have wishes, too." Rolling Eyes
"... Looks like they came true!" Evil laugh
"Hey, what's that thing? What does it do? That's neat!" Shocked "Can I see it? Tell me everything about it!" Very Happy

Here you go, the low-level Elemental character I promised. Ninaril is sort of a cross between Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and that person that everything just seems to go wrong for; no matter what happens, she just can't seem to catch a break. Laughing It's made her a bit jaded, but she hasn't become fully bitter and hateful yet... although it sure might seem that way if you're a mage. lol!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:33 pm

That's a very interesting bio ! she is really intriguing and with a solid and unique bakstory ^_^
Do you plan to write stories about her perhaps ? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Karbo wrote:
That's a very interesting bio ! she is really intriguing and with a solid and unique bakstory ^_^

Hehe, thank you. Laughing Ninaril is one of those concepts that just seemed to come together by itself, and by the time it was done, I loved what I had. Very Happy

Karbo wrote:
Do you plan to write stories about her perhaps ? Razz

You know, I haven't really decided yet. She seems like too interesting a character to let "go to waste", but I don't really have anything specific in mind for her. Sad

At the very least, I would like to write a short story describing how she came into her run of perpetual misfortune. ^^;

And she might wind up becoming a mascot character of sorts for me, and make minor appearances or get mentioned in various stories, but I haven't really decided yet. Smile

If I were to do something like an anthology series of short stories set in Felarya, Ninaril would probably be the main character/narrator, if only for the hilarious commentary. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:47 pm

This is two couple of elementals you need to think twice before to deal with them.

Kelard the flamme maker:

Male fire elemental.

Kelard is an old fire elemental who spend most of this time to study the different type of fire.
He is known to be hot-heated and explosive person when he is appear it's always by an explosion.
His laboratory is deep inside the Pyrale mountains where he devotes his life to study the different properties of the different type of fire. Kelard is first a researcher and his knowledge are well-appreciated by anyone who wants to knows and are enough crazy to deal with him. Kelard knows how to create any type of fire even the coldfire in coddition he has the materials. His favorite quote is "We can make fire with everything but this fire will never compete with the fire born from the life of itself." I think you will understand the raw material he uses is mostly the life of living being but it will greatly depend on the type and the power of the fire has to create. But all Kelard's creations have this little particularity the newborn fire is living,wild and untamed fires after all he has just turn a living being into fire. It's so dangerous it can burn its own master even if it's a fire-based creature. To control the newborn you need the help of Kelard's wife Anzu.

Anzu:

Female water elemental.

Anzu is an old water elemental, she's a calm and playful person a bit lazy sometime. It's difficult to know where she is. Anzu can be made of pure, become ice in the cold region or cloud of mist, but she has the shape of a woman with a curvaceous body. It's rumored her chest are so ample than Vivian loos flat next to her. It's the advantage to be made of water you suffer of backpain lol!
In general only Kelard knows where to find her, but since the moment you come to see her she will know it's Kelard who send you. Anzu hates everything involving his husband and his creations when she sees them she always wants to destroy them once for all. She has the power to do it, and it's the same power to control the Kelard's fire. As Kelard she will ask you some lives but not for the same reason, using her power makes her hungry and she is very voracious.

Umrod the Earthseeker:

Male Earth elemental.

Umrod is an old Earth elemental friend of Kelard, they both share the same passion for their respective elements. Umrod is more calm than Kelard and he is his own laboratory. He lives mostly underground and rarely go to the surface, his appearance is ver similar to an humoid mole due to his two long clawed-arm he uses to did the ground. His mouth is hidden under his long beard which looks like to roots, it's very difficult to understand what he says and in addition he speaks very slowly. So a simple deal with him can take many hour, days or years, the biggest deal someone did took one hundred years. Umrod dig the ground of Felarya in quest of different minerals,stones and the different earth. As Kelard he can create any type of minerals, stones or earths but in condition he has the material. His personal quote "If the earth feed you, it's normal you feed it in exchange." as Kelard he uses life as raw materials but as Kelard his creations have a little flaw, they turn in dust when they are brought to the surface. As Kelard you need the help of Umrod's wife.

Saeko:

Female Air elemental

Saeko is an old air elemental,contray to Anzu her body is more aerodynamic Laughing
Saeko is a very energetic and childhish person. She speaks very fasters and like changing the tone of voice, she can speak normaly before to suddenly shout and after mumur many people becomes deaf after to meet her.Contrary to Saeko she is very happy people comes to see about her husband, after all she is the one who knows where he is exactly and you need her help if you want to use his creations on the surface. Even if she look like physically developped as Anzu, she is more voracious than her and her rate at the highest. You need to pay her to know where is her husband, you need to pay to use her husband's creation on the surface.

What do you think Question
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:37 pm

I think they can be interesting, but need a bit more background development; we don't really know anything about where they come from, or why these two couples of opposing Elementals got together and 'married'. It also does sort of take some of their uniqueness away, having two sets of Elementals of opposing elements involved in relationships, too.

Maybe put more detail into them, as far as how they came to be involved with each other? You could even make one of the pairs siblings instead of a couple; maybe they were both identical 'twin' spirits, but each wound up manifesting as a different type of Elemental?

There's a few directions you could take with these characters to make them more distinct from one another. Smile

EDIT: Now, what do you think Question about the last creation I posted? Laughing
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:24 pm

The problem with me when I create a character I always a vague ideas about him or her and it's through the different stories I start to have an idea about them.

They are couple because before they become elemental. They know they are married, their actions are the remainder of their former life. The fact they are old, I prefer to not develop about their background and let people speculate about who they were before. Their past are a riddle for themselves, by example Kelard knows and Umrod knows many things about their respective elements if you ask them about their past they will just answer "Ask to my wife." because they were so focused about their research they forgot their past. It's the same case for Anzu and Saeko.

Their life as elementals are influenced by their former lifes were but with the time they have no idea about who they were before to be elementals. They know they have some link between each other

We know their present and future but we don't know their past, they are elder elementals so old they forget who they were before, I want to give them a nebulous past. I want to develop them more as historicals characters of Felarya.

Their existence are known by many race but few knows who they are really.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:27 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
The problem with me when I create a character I always a vague ideas about him or her and it's through the different stories I start to have an idea about them.

Hey, 'a vague idea' is where I usually start with something; it's enough to build off of and refine the idea further. Smile

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
They are couple because before they become elemental. They know they are married, their actions are the remainder of their former life. The fact they are old, I prefer to not develop about their background and let people speculate about who they were before. Their past are a riddle for themselves, by example Kelard knows and Umrod knows many things about their respective elements if you ask them about their past they will just answer "Ask to my wife." because they were so focused about their research they forgot their past. It's the same case for Anzu and Saeko.

The problem with that is that it becomes a lot harder for people to form attachments to characters without a past; the usual plot device for amnesiac characters revolves heavily around exploring their forgotten past, and cluing the viewer/reader in at the same time as the character. It really helps people come to bond with a character when they can see where they are coming from, and the sort of things events that influenced their life.

Even if you don't have any ideas about their former life, or would just prefer not to go into it, you should elaborate further on their lives since they have become Elementals. What sort of things have they done since then, how have their relationships changed, and what reasons would people have to get involved with them? "Knowing many things about their respective elements" isn't really much of a reason; they can't be the only knowledgeable elementals, or even the most knowledgeable elementals regarding their elements around; what reasons would a person have to seek them out in particular?

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Their life as elementals are influenced by their former lifes were but with the time they have no idea about who they were before to be elementals. They know they have some link between each other

Fair enough; it's a start, but there should be more to it than that, for the reasons I mentioned above.

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
We know their present and future but we don't know their past, they are elder elementals so old they forget who they were before, I want to give them a nebulous past. I want to develop them more as historicals characters of Felarya.

Their existence are known by many race but few knows who they are really.

The problem is, for them to be historical characters, they need to actually have a history, and an effect/connection to the history of others or Felarya itself. Right now, that connection is missing, so they seem kind of out of place.

Also, even if they are elder elementals who became human a very, very long time ago, there are bound to be several entities on Felarya who know something about who they were before. Elementals who were old (or even young) before they became Elementals themselves, friends they made shortly after becoming Elementals (long before memories of their human lives started to fade), etc.

The thing about 'historical characters' is that they don't exist in a vacuum; they influence and are influenced by events and the lives of others- while it's definitely possible that nobody knows the full truth about their past, and that there are dozens of rumors regarding it, it is almost impossible that nothing at all about their past is known... unless you're talking about extremely improbable, wide-scale effects like a spell or temporal paradox causing everyone in Felarya to forget they existed.

... And things like that are stupid and ridiculously overdone (Hello, Joe Quesada), so I'd recommend avoiding things along those lines. No
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:39 pm

I will think about what you say and try to flesh them more Very Happy
I think to developp them as a kind "Elemental crafters", they can create a particular elements in condition you can pay. Oh my god! They have the same mentallities as the dwarves Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next