Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The seas of Felarya

Go down 
+28
Zoekin-3
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
Oldman40k2003
Jætte_Troll
TheLightLost
walkingbyself
luke112
Silent_eric
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Zoekin
SB
Chroias
Sephimink|Kyle
GREGOLE
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Shady Knight
xlrp
Rythmear
lami
Ravana3k
jurodan@gmail.com
Pendragon
Malahite
gwadahunter2222
MukatKiKaarn
The Rev
Karbo
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The seas of Felarya Empty
PostSubject: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:54 am

East to the map sprawl the dangerous and foggy great marshes, then far east a sea !

Seas of Felarya remains an almost unvisited territory by the wiki so here you can throw various ideas on the name of this eastern sea, its coast, eventual city, its fauna, predators, particularities, descriptions... whatever ! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:03 am

There's going to be a city in the sea? Is it going to be inhabited by mermaids?
Back to top Go down
MukatKiKaarn
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
MukatKiKaarn

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:18 am

Perhaps... although, I'd imagine that the further you got from land, the more like wilderness the ocean becomes. Like traveling deeper into the jungle.
Back to top Go down
http://mukatkikaarn.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:16 am

The Rev wrote:
There's going to be a city in the sea? Is it going to be inhabited by mermaids?
Not necessary you can develop a human civilisation who live under the sea, or do a civilisation a bit like in the movie Waterworld I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:57 am

I think that if humans had the ability to build an underwater city in such a frontier, they wouldn't be so utterly powerless against predators like nagas.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:10 am

The Rev wrote:
I think that if humans had the ability to build an underwater city in such a frontier, they wouldn't be so utterly powerless against predators like nagas.

Nah, could be something dealing with the high pressence of Magic.

Large-Scale 'Part Water' spell mixed with permanency would give the space, and some other environmental spell could supply the air.

After all, crude diving suits up to 18m deep existed as of pre-US Revolution time, and two hundred years later (While there was still no real need to work on the development of such suits) depths of 214ft could be reached (Or, a year after that, 530ft, but not quite as safely).

Though not too far out to sea, that still leaves the capabilities to have cities up to several hundred miles from the coast with Suited people out to harvest underwater vegetation farms.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:17 am

The Rev wrote:
If we see the city of Negav or the ruins of Ur'Sagol, the Miratans base and the Deluran base, I think it's not impossible built a city underwater with a good protection against giant predator. But the problem of this kind of civilisation is that the protection is effective only inside but outside it's another case Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:06 pm

What if the city of Atlantis was in the Felaryan sea? Sure it's farfetched, but none of you have ever been there. Also, the people there could've adapted and became merpeople themselves.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:18 pm

Pendragon wrote:
What if the city of Atlantis was in the Felaryan sea? Sure it's farfetched, but none of you have ever been there. Also, the people there could've adapted and became merpeople themselves.

What do you think?

Where do you think the real one went?
Back to top Go down
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:58 pm

In a fanfic I was going to write I intended (rightfully or wrongfully) to link Ur-Sagol to Atlantis, but since someone else was writing up the story of the fall I decided against it.

I have no doubt that there is at LEAST one port city (I use the term city loosely as to not draw too much ire from the guardians). The city is large, but it's population is always in flux (what with people coming in and entire ships full of people disappearing every few days...). The major question would be: is there another kingdom on the other side of the ocean? If so, this could be a very lucrative trade route, and people would pretty much HAVE to send ships out to trade goods. I'm guessing only a fraction of the number sent out actually get back though...
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Malahite wrote:

I don't know. We've checked the Earth's seas and turned up nothing. Thus it remains the "lost city". Of course, it's up to Karbo.

Heck, what if Elvis was in Felarya? And he was living in Atlantis? His love of eating fits perfectly in such a world.
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 am

I like the idea of a city under the sea, many stuff for very good stories, maybe also a well guarded city at the water? Like the cities in waterworld (hope everybody knows the film ^^ )
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 am

jurodan@gmail.com wrote:
In a fanfic I was going to write I intended (rightfully or wrongfully) to link Ur-Sagol to Atlantis, but since someone else was writing up the story of the fall I decided against it.

I have no doubt that there is at LEAST one port city (I use the term city loosely as to not draw too much ire from the guardians). The city is large, but it's population is always in flux (what with people coming in and entire ships full of people disappearing every few days...). The major question would be: is there another kingdom on the other side of the ocean? If so, this could be a very lucrative trade route, and people would pretty much HAVE to send ships out to trade goods. I'm guessing only a fraction of the number sent out actually get back though...

this is true, when europe sent out ships to trade goods for things like pepper and salt and gold, many of the ships sank, but if one or two made it back it was still considered a huge success.

Pendragon wrote:
Malahite wrote:

I don't know. We've checked the Earth's seas and turned up nothing. Thus it remains the "lost city". Of course, it's up to Karbo.

Heck, what if Elvis was in Felarya? And he was living in Atlantis? His love of eating fits perfectly in such a world.
if there is a heaven, elvis is in it
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:47 am

About the city, well I first I thought about a coastal one, like Jurodan pointed.. But a one underwater can be nice as well Smile
Keep the ideas coming ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 am

Ohh Ooh - I'll write something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:49 am

Karbo wrote:
About the city, well I first I thought about a coastal one, like Jurodan pointed.. But a one underwater can be nice as well Smile

I don't see why both wouldn't be compatible, heck, if the city is underwater, the people (probably merfolk of some kind) probably can't breath normal air very well, or at least aren't built for land journeys. The port could serve very well as a distribution center of some kind, getting land goods to the sunken city and sunken city goods to land.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:38 am

jurodan@gmail.com wrote:
Karbo wrote:

I don't see why both wouldn't be compatible, heck, if the city is underwater, the people (probably merfolk of some kind) probably can't breath normal air very well, or at least aren't built for land journeys. The port could serve very well as a distribution center of some kind, getting land goods to the sunken city and sunken city goods to land.
Not really, it can be human civilisation like the Delurans who live underdround.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 5:02 pm

Instead of a sunkencity why not go for a floating city. Like a wind powered cities that harnest air. You could have a city that is powered by the oecean current waves that carry it frmplace to place. So one day the city could be posted somewhere the next day could beany one guess.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 5:06 pm

xlrp wrote:
Instead of a sunkencity why not go for a floating city. Like a wind powered cities that harnest air. You could have a city that is powered by the oecean current waves that carry it frmplace to place. So one day the city could be posted somewhere the next day could beany one guess.
Why not Very Happy
It's a very interesting possibility Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 5:21 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
xlrp wrote:
Why not Very Happy
It's a very interesting possibility Very Happy

Pirates and other vicious things that are on use the sea to conduct thre way of living. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Well that's it I created the topazial sea which will be east to the continent. Any idea is welcome ^_^
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:40 pm

The very bottom of the sea would be the perfect place for Leviathan, the Water Avatar to rest. I think that's where we would find the Royal and Leviathan Mermaids. I think a shrine on a coast dedicated to Leviathan would be perfect with an underwater Mermaid City. Along with Leviathan's temple not for from the city.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but what about a species of great whales? Baleen whales are the embodiment of vore; think about how much plankton they swallow every day to sustain themselves, and how much they have to eat in order to grow to adult size.

or perhaps carnivorous sponges and coral?

and given the various crevices and other potential hiding spots that one is bound to find on the ocean floor, perhaps a variety of eel girls could be created?

or a variety of Aqua Nagas, based on sea snakes?

Last edited by on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:

and given the various orifices that one is bound to find on the ocean floor
I almost broke out into tears after this comment. Maybe you should modify it to "Hiding Spots" (As 'Holes' definately isn't better).

And where's all the harmless junk? Salmon? Bass? Cleaner-Fish?
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:10 pm

Malahite wrote:
And where's all the harmless junk? Salmon? Bass? Cleaner-Fish?
you brought them up, what did you have in mind? I'm sure there are schools of harmless organisms in the briny deep of felarya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The seas of Felarya
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next