Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The seas of Felarya

Go down 
+28
Zoekin-3
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
Oldman40k2003
Jætte_Troll
TheLightLost
walkingbyself
luke112
Silent_eric
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Zoekin
SB
Chroias
Sephimink|Kyle
GREGOLE
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Shady Knight
xlrp
Rythmear
lami
Ravana3k
jurodan@gmail.com
Pendragon
Malahite
gwadahunter2222
MukatKiKaarn
The Rev
Karbo
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Thank you for telling me what needs to be fixed ^.^ and I am glad you guys like it so far. I hope you enjoy new addition to it now to go threw and fix the cities. Before those magical discharges kill me for being a slacker he-he. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm

I was starting to read just now and I noticed your entry is doing even funkier things than mine. If you're creating all this using a program like notepad then I suggest you turn the word wrap off before you copy and paste to the forum. It would make reading your ideas a wee bit easier.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Funky things is what happens if I let my brain run off ideas in my head though I sadly admit most of the time it requires a good kick which is why I don't like touching other people's idea's and why if I do I always give the credit to them as seen with the Ice crystal's and Archepligo of Possibilities.

As for the word wrap well you got me there. I am using notepad and have been to cheap to get Microsoft office.The seas of Felarya - Page 6 76796 However when I do post it, it doesn't seem to word wrap for me... hmm maybe I could scrounge something up get Word up and running to make things more cleaner and easier to read. So hopefully any future posts and additions will be from Word and not notepad.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 pm

That wasn't quite what I meant. I meant the way your text was cut off. I'm PM-ing you.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 pm

walkingbyself wrote:
Funky things is what happens if I let my brain run off ideas in my head though I sadly admit most of the time it requires a good kick which is why I don't like touching other people's idea's and why if I do I always give the credit to them as seen with the Ice crystal's and Archepligo of Possibilities.

As for the word wrap well you got me there. I am using notepad and have been to cheap to get Microsoft office.The seas of Felarya - Page 6 76796 However when I do post it, it doesn't seem to word wrap for me... hmm maybe I could scrounge something up get Word up and running to make things more cleaner and easier to read. So hopefully any future posts and additions will be from Word and not notepad.

Use a free office program, like Open Office or Libre Office.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Yes, dems be alot of ideas. About Iracal Island, once again, I appreciate your consideration but at the same time I don't want to stand in your way. Feel free to work on that location man. Just puttin it out there.

Your city in the ice berg does sound like it stands the best chance of surviving. What if you had one of those cities be inhabited by people who have learned to "bend" ice or water in a Last Airbender sorta way. Maybe only one of these humans could manipulate enough water to fill a swimming pool but a hundred of them could create a tidal wave that would pummel and push any predators back out to see. It might also help with the fishing industry. Just a half-baked idea for your consideration.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Alright updated how Coalno'ir has managed to stay around for so long I hope you all like it if not please tell me where it could be improved or if it just does not fit with the general Felarya cannon.

Also I added a bit of what I figured would be an interesting piece of the Shimmering Sea's history or at least it was in my eye's as to how and why Coalno'ir is able to have it place along the SAOFK with out being turned into a giant buffet by fairies. Any and all comments will be appreciated on whether it sounded like a good idea or simply just wouldn't be cannon with how Felarya is.

Now on to Sichaci!

*Now where did I leave that damnable portal gun at... scratch *
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 am

I don't know why this occur to me sooner, I have an idea for your consideration.

In a nutshell, there were three to five elementals that had settled into human civilizations as, I guess you could say protectors. It might be an idea you could use for one of your cities since they need some sort of protection. Maybe a wind elemental might be good at keeping flying predators at bay.

Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 am

Idea for the shimmering sea I had for a colossal beast akin to the Midgard Serpent (where part of its name stems from, combined with gogo, which is nage for "he who eats anything") that lies slumbering along the sea floor, only to wake and feed once every dozen or so centuries.

Couldn't think of a good size for it, though it is supposed to be large enough to have swallowed titans and ships whole, as well as a fair amount of mermaids and other sea life.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gogogand
Size:
Threat: Low when asleep, Critical when awake
Habitat: Shimmering Sea

"The great worm", "the devourer worm", "he that lies beneath the sea"... all these titles and more have been used to describe that which is Gogogand. A one of kind monstrosity, for no more of its kind have been seen, much to the relief of those who have heard tales of the great beast and more so to those who have witnessed it, in its full glory, firsthand. In appearance, it has been likened to some great sea worm, one whose mouth is akin to a five petaled flower ringed with countless miniscule teeth, and with a pale skin heavily encrusted with a millennia's worth of crystalline growths. Its metabolism is said to be so slow - even more so than that of a slug girl - that the remains of titans and many ancient ships are said to still be found lining the walls of its gullet.

It sleeps upon the sea floor, its great coils wrapped around seamounts, for many centuries at a time as it lies engrossed within its own dreams. It is only during these periods of rest when Gogogand is of little threat to anything else, save for the occasional whale or mermaid that swims too close to its cavernous maw and is sucked in. These periods of respite, however, are not to last. The great worm inevitably awakens to satiate its immense hunger. While this time amongst the waking is brief, all living things within a couple miles of it are at risk of being devoured. Then, after a short period of days has passed, the worm returns to its slumber. There it will lie, waiting for the time it will awaken again and dreaming of the feasts it will partake in once more.

Despite its immense size and power, their are legends that tell of a great warrior who will one day slay this great beast and put an end to its insatiable hunger for good.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 am

I don't know why but I get the impression of one of the sandworms from Dune at that description. Might be something to take a look at for size ideology as the supposed largest one in that universe was a little over 2.7km which was summoned by that universes hero. But then again if its large enough to eat titans and other large creatures and objects then I would believe it to have to be far more larger then 2.7km... yet even that is already an extremely large specimen! What a monster to meet when asleep and a nightmare when awake.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Improved upon the city Sichaci and giving it another export which I will simply call Focus Crystals or until some one wishes to have a better name for them instead. These focus Crystals play a large part in the cities defense and leave lots of room for play for any able body mage who gets their hand on them. Now to look over all ideas added so far and see what can be refined or (though I truly would hope not to) remove certain ideas for the Shimmering Sea.

Now if you'll excuse me I must go forth and find one of these Focus Crystal's to add to my rock collection!
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Imagine a Felaryan abyssal species like the one at :24, only gigantic in size/length.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Jasconius wrote:
Imagine a Felaryan abyssal species like the one at :24, only gigantic in size/length.

Which the purple one or that very long looking semi-see threw white one?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Holy crap, that Gogogand sounds like a god-killer. I can't imagine what it would take to slay that.

Oh, walkinbyself, I meant to PM you about an idea for a crystal called Frostlite that you may want to consider. I don't know why I'm so absent minded today.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:23 pm

walkingbyself wrote:
Jasconius wrote:

Which the purple one or that very long looking semi-see threw white one?

The semi-transparent one.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Shocked pale sobsob

Ruuunnn!!!!

err... Swim away swim away!
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:56 pm

gt500x wrote:

I don't know why this occur to me sooner, I have an idea for your consideration.

In a nutshell, there were three to five elementals that had settled into human civilizations as, I guess you could say protectors. It might be an idea you could use for one of your cities since they need some sort of protection. Maybe a wind elemental might be good at keeping flying predators at bay.

I was thinking of a similar idea but I couldnt wrap my mind around the thought of an elemental "protecting" a human settlement when they are so highly powerful (in my eyes at least) so I went with the middle ground and went with water sprites for a somewhat symbiosis form of defense for Coalno'ir. For Water Sprites though powerful in their control of water cant be very numerous, unless the fairies along the SAOFK really like water that much to mate with water elemental's if I am reading the wiki correct. So the Water Sprites protect Coalno'ir from roaming preds while Coalno'ir provides them a safe haven for their regeneration pools so they can keep reviving should their"souls" or what have you lose their bodily form. Thus making it a win win situation for both however what would push water sprites to work with a human settlement must be pretty serious and I thought of an idea for why but I wanna refine these thoughts for the Shimmering Sea before I start spouting nonsense. Though I might be a bit to late for that already. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Improved upon the Imoreith Tundra coastline and gave some possible history for the Shimmering Sea that I wanted to write a story on that focus's on two rather large creatures within the Shimmering Sea an Kraken Caelia named Krisy and a Leviathan Mermaid named Galaya. Also I added gt500x's mineral Frostlite so refer to him for any further information on the Frostlite. And again please tell me your thoughts on any additions or "improvements" or where anything needs clarification or is not needed at all.

Now to find myself a really warm jacket the Imoreith Tundra is freaking cold!
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Alright not an update but rather a correction. After digging threw the Wiki (again) I found the name for that strip of land between the Fairy Kingdom and the Shimmering Sea called "Myrodia coast". So I went threw all my thoughts and changed any mention of SAOFK to Myrodia coast making everything just one bit closer to what has already been established. (As well as making things just that bit much easier Cool ) Now! Back to continuing my update and rewriting of my thoughts!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 am

Civilizations in and around Iracal Island so far...

- The Laikos of Arimas Piinu (western half of the island, west of Rainbow Mountain)

- The Elves of Atomata (in the valley between Rainbow Mountain and Mount Litocoro)

- The Torinians (eastern half of the island on the summit of Mount Litocoro)

- The Helicon Centaurs (on Helicon Island to the south of Iracal Island)

- The Gigan-meras of Gaieochos Island (off the east coast of Iracal Island)

- The Sitnaltans (east of Gaieochos Island, halfway to the Felaryan mainland)

- Area 15 (on the shore of the Akaptor Desert)

Sorry, you'll have to find the descriptions in my thread if you want them. These settlements are probably all I'm gonna create. It actually seems like more than enough for my stories. If you'd like, just copy and paste these location details under "Iracal Island." I'm going to be thinking about how these civilizations may interact with yours.

Area 15 is not developed yet. It all began because of a thought that crossed my mind; we could use a private ferry service based at a heavily armed port with just as heavily armed ships that can make a profit off of providing that service. That spawned Area 15. I'll type it up in a second.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 am

There are also small communities of seafaring Jotun on the Imoreith Tundra shores.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
There are also small communities of seafaring Jotun on the Imoreith Tundra shores.
I want them to sing "You are a pirate!" with Fenja as the high-pitched girl who sings the two solo "chorus".
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm

i got an idea have a zone where on the sea floor is hundreds of ships, from frishing baots to aircraftcarries sunken. The treasures that are at the bottom lure many to their doom. where it is, your choice. what caused the vast undersea graveyard you decide.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:58 pm

The big thing that everyone don't know is that a sunken ship is technically feasable, just that in the deep ocean, their hulls would be completely crushed by the titanic pressure. So such "sunken ship graveyard" can't really work.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Perhaps some species for the Shimmering Sea based on the Hippocampus (possible several varieties/species, such as some with lionfish-like fins and zebra-like patterns), Carcinos (think giant japanese spider crabs, like karkinos from "The Ocean Hunter"), or even the "Rhedosaurus".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The seas of Felarya   The seas of Felarya - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The seas of Felarya
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next