Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gender Issue

Go down 
+19
mangamastermind
Siafu789
Feign
Cartoon Eric
Raetsu Lord Pichu
xlrp
Rythmear
lami
Ravana3k
Spykeofkonoha
jurodan@gmail.com
gwadahunter2222
Malahite
Oldman40k2003
Pendragon
Karbo
Hunter
Feadraug
GREGOLE
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

The Gender Issue - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:12 am

I will conclude by just this thing
- Felarya is a dangerous even for creature like naga
-Female lives more longer than male

By example in Russia there is more women than men, because due to the unemployement the men become alcoholic and die from the consequence.

More seriously, in human civilisation when the life span increase you find more women than men after a certain age because in his youth the male did a lot harsh things.
What the link between Felarya, I explain when a danger happen the first who will face is a male because he tends to expose him first to protect the female(the female can do it too to protect her child). A male lives more riskier than a female, he used to fight or take more risk than a female.

If a female may avoid a danger she will do it, she tend to live in peace. And another point to assure the survival of a specie we will always find more females because they can give birth in most of the case. They may be exception or a cliche but it's a verity. That's why we say "The children and the women first" when we are in a dangerous situation.

It's my last intervention on this thread so please avoid to add things or discuss about who is right or who is wrong. I take time to do it but I admit I was wrong about arguing with GREGOLE, I'm sorry about that. Now it's behind me so please avoid to flamme again on this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:57 am

Gah I can't believe this thread stir so much agressivity from everyone when the rest of the forum flow just fine. Please tone it down and expose your points without being insulting.. I don't want to be obliged to lock the discussion ><
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:29 pm

Karbo wrote:
Gah I can't believe this thread stir so much agressivity from everyone when the rest of the forum flow just fine. Please tone it down and expose your points without being insulting.. I don't want to be obliged to lock the discussion ><

You may have too. Apparently, people don't seem to grasp the true topic of this thread and have started arguments. This topic from post one was to discuss why males were seldom seen in Felarya and nothing else. The object was to come up with as many hair-brained ideas as why this is.

Gregole my friend, I think this topic was a bit too premature in coming. You're an educated and very detailed person, this alone shows in your artwork. However, I don't think many here appreciate that intellect at the moment.

We as humans get caught up in the heat of arguments and as a result become hateful towards one another.

I've seen this countless times in many different forums. Karbo, I think the gist of this thread has been satisfied but I'm not going to plead with you to lock it. What say all of you?
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Quote :

It doesn't look to me like anyone's really being aggressive right now. We put the argument thing behind us, I'm pretty sure everything else at this point is either a legitimate theory or a joke.
Looking at it, my last post sounds a bit aggressive, but it was only a response to what I'm fairly certain was a joke.
What I was responding to was definitely a joke at my expense, and I was simply halfheartedly responding to it. It sounded angry, I know, but it really wasn't. I'm... not entirely sure how to explain it, but the underlying point is that it was intended to be a joke.

Don't worry, I'm fairly certain we're all just laughing at ourselves at this point.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:05 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

Don't worry, I'm fairly certain we're all just laughing at ourselves at this point.
Yeah that's true Very Happy
But I think personaly it's too early to find an answer to this thread due to the fact the world is still sketchy and developp with each addition maybe we should just wait a bit before. It's true than the world look unbalanced with the fact most of the characters are female and the males seem to not exist.
That's my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:35 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

Heh, you're right. Back to the beginning then shall we? I'm going to go back and read what theories I missed and see what I other ideas might pop into this twisted little mind of mine.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 4:06 pm

So the reason is pretty much because nobody really wants to see it. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 4:17 pm

FurryKurry wrote:

I'd say yes to that statement.

It's also why you rarely see "hard vore" as well.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 4:18 pm

FurryKurry wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? We've established already that if it were a real place it would be because of the rarity of males, even though they exist, they are too few and far between to really be counted among the inhabitants of Felarya.

What you're talking about is something completely different and off topic. I ask you sincerely and humbly to keep to the topic at hand please. The topic as is indicated in the first post is to come up with a "hair-brained" ideas, as I call them as to why males are scarce and rare. This is a discussion to come up with ideas that could be used as a possible background of Felarya.

This is not a discussion of why people don't draw it, I respectfully add. That is something better left out of any discussion. We're not here to point fingers or to question anyone's orientation. We're here to have fun and discuss the fantasy world that we've all come to know and love.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:16 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

You and me are going to settle this right now.

I did not start this thread because I want to see more male Felaryans.

I started this thread because I want to explain why there are more female Felaryans.

That is all.

Sure Wink Which is why the explanation was given lol! And you argued that there should be a visual proof or something other than the males that get eaten. Which are the preditor races of Felarya. Most of which are seen naked. study Which means the long and short of it is you want to see Men Naked. Laughing And that is ok. I just don't think is right that a lot of people should be go after you, because yu want to see Naked Men. Cool

GREGOLE wrote:
It doesn't look to me like anyone's really being aggressive right now. We put the argument thing behind us, I'm pretty sure everything else at this point is either a legitimate theory or a joke.
Looking at it, my last post sounds a bit aggressive, but it was only a response to what I'm fairly certain was a joke.
What I was responding to was definitely a joke at my expense, and I was simply halfheartedly responding to it. It sounded angry, I know, but it really wasn't. I'm... not entirely sure how to explain it, but the underlying point is that it was intended to be a joke.

cheers something we can all agree on.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:52 pm

Quote :
Sure Wink Which is why the explanation was given lol! And you argued that there should be a visual proof or something other than the males that get eaten. Which are the preditor races of Felarya. Most of which are seen naked. study Which means the long and short of it is you want to see Men Naked.

Xlrp, not that I'm being or trying to be offensive in any way but I'm really getting tired of small sparks that can start fires. This could easily be misinterpreted as an accusation and you should really be careful of these. Also, it gets off topic to a get degree. Please try and stay as on topic as possible for my sanity's sake if nothing else.

The topic isn't about what we want to see so much as possible theories as to why they are hardly ever seen or chronicled. At least, this is what I've gained from the topic's description.

I'm not a moderator here on this site but even I can tell that this can get out of hand very quickly if we as an online community don't restrict our comments. Now, do you have any theories on the topic or not? This is the question that has been raised; I challenge you and all who read this to fulfill this topic's description.

Eh, forgive my "High" speech... I've been watching Pirates of the Caribbean movies too much.
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:08 pm

Spykeofkonoha wrote:
Quote :
Sure Wink Which is why the explanation was given lol! And you argued that there should be a visual proof or something other than the males that get eaten. Which are the preditor races of Felarya. Most of which are seen naked. study Which means the long and short of it is you want to see Men Naked.

Xlrp, not that I'm being or trying to be offensive in any way but I'm really getting tired of small sparks that can start fires. This could easily be misinterpreted as an accusation and you should really be careful of these. Also, it gets off topic to a get degree. Please try and stay as on topic as possible for my sanity's sake if nothing else.

The topic isn't about what we want to see so much as possible theories as to why they are hardly ever seen or chronicled. At least, this is what I've gained from the topic's description.

I'm not a moderator here on this site but even I can tell that this can get out of hand very quickly if we as an online community don't restrict our comments. Now, do you have any theories on the topic or not? This is the question that has been raised; I challenge you and all who read this to fulfill this topic's description.

Eh, forgive my "High" speech... I've been watching Pirates of the Caribbean movies too much.
I know the feeling...>_>
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Reiko

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:11 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
I figure I may as well say something to this.
As everyone knows, nearly everything in Felarya is female. It's just the way things are.

Now, the official explaination is that Felarya is filled with naked demihumans, and most of us here are either heterosexual men or homosexual women. However, it's been made abundantly clear just how intense this gender thing is, that I propose we try and compose an actual explaination for it.

There are various species of all-female animal, capable of reproducing aesexually. Some species of snake are among these.

Alternatively, some species of fish have more females than males. Like the dragons in Reign of Fire , There could be one male for every thousand females, who's responsible for fertilizing eggs en masse.

Finally, and perhaps my favorite of all, maybe Felaryan races are inherently female, and when reproduction becomes an issue, several female suddenly become male in order to reproduce, and revert back to their original gender when mating is accomplished.

Since we've got grounds to believe that all giant Felaryan fae are related, it's logical that something that applies to one race applies to most of them.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Lol I see no issues with the gender ^^... Im sure its not a matter that all of them are female, just a matter of...Whats more fun to draw? A busty, uber cute Crisis...or a male? ^__^

And by the way I prefer Lesbian xD

Yes gay girl I is...!
Back to top Go down
http://reikodoggy.deviantart.com/
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:47 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
However, it's been made abundantly clear just how intense this gender thing is, that I propose we try and compose an actual explaination for it.

*sigh* I still don't know why people are ignoring this particular this particular portion of the initial topic description? The basic and overall idea is to come up with breeding ideas.

Heh, though I suppose if one can't laugh at one's self then one really can't live huh? Well, regardless of what people are thinking, I intend on keeping to this charge.

An explanation for a lack or rarity of Mer-folk could be one of three things found in nature: I've mentioned them before so I won't go into too much detail is that they could very well be all female until a certain time of the year where one of the entire lot could become male for a certain period of time and fertilize the eggs and revert back once the task is done.

This would come coupled with drastic physiochemical, physiological as well as psychological changes. Over a course of a few days the brain would have to seriously overhaul the body using chemical male hormones (testosterone) as well as releasing a chemical similar to an anabolic steroid into the blood stream to accomplish this task.

After the massive release of eggs and sperm the one "male" would revert back to a female again instead of dying off like... uh... I forgot that one type of fish damn it. Anyhow, the massive chemical fluctuation would die down and slowly be replaced with estrogen to keep from having a massive physical and psychological breakdown.

Anyhow, that's one possible way of reproduction in Mermaids. I'm not going to say much else, I want to see what others will say and offer as another possibility since this is the true reason for the topic.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:53 pm

For the mermaids I us a suggestion, I saw in the cartoon futurama.
The females lay the eggs and the males stay to keep them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:56 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:

... like the... penguin?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:02 pm

Spykeofkonoha wrote:
gwadahunter2222 wrote:

... like the... penguin?
Not really, there is a race of fish I don't remember its name, where the females let the males guard the eggs. It was a funny theory who explains why the mermaids are always single.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:06 pm

Hmm... I see. That is one possible explanation. Males also could be totally aquatic where the mer-folk are concerned for this reason alone. Hmm... quite an insightful mind you have there gwadahunter.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:11 pm

Spykeofkonoha wrote:
Hmm... I see. That is one possible explanation. Males also could be totally aquatic where the mer-folk are concerned for this reason alone. Hmm... quite an insightful mind you have there gwadahunter.
Thanks
The problem is Felarya has unknown area, and when you read in the wiki the description of the mermaid. It's said they don't like speaking about their life under the water, so it's a mysterious world with many possibilies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Fish guarding eggs alone is a rarity.

In most species, it's either a 50-50 mix between responsibility, or the Female does the Majority of it. It's rare for one Gender alone to do all the work.

And Hermaphroditism would be a decent one for Mer-folk, considering there's several Hermaphroditic fish species anyways.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:44 pm

Malahite wrote:
And Hermaphroditism would be a decent one for Mer-folk, considering there's several Hermaphroditic fish species anyways.

This also is true, but what I talked about was a drastic change. I meant that the Mermaids could quite possibly be all female and once a year, one out of the many would become a male. There is an actual fish that does this particular feat. That one fish gets an entire harem to have its way with. I say "its" since it is still a female in its genetic make up, it's only been pushed into another gender due to the need to reproduce.

Minus the Anabolic Steroid chemical... I just added that in there because those are infamous among the female gender for bringing them closer to the male gender then they are meant to be.

I could pull out my notes on that... but it really creeps me out to look at that sort of stuff. *shivers*

Hermaphroditic individuals are sterile at birth for the most part, with the exception of certain fish and snails/slugs which have the option of both sexes rather than just one. I'll admit that this could also be another means to Mer-folk reproduction. You too are very insightful.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:04 pm

MOD : Trolling
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:12 pm

This is getting nowhere. I am sorry it come to this but I will lock this topic now.

Xlrp, I'll be grateful if you don't fane the flames back when the last argument just died down...
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gender Issue
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5