Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gender Issue

Go down 
+19
mangamastermind
Siafu789
Feign
Cartoon Eric
Raetsu Lord Pichu
xlrp
Rythmear
lami
Ravana3k
Spykeofkonoha
jurodan@gmail.com
gwadahunter2222
Malahite
Oldman40k2003
Pendragon
Karbo
Hunter
Feadraug
GREGOLE
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

The Gender Issue - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:23 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :
no need to tell everyone is female

At no point did anyone imply that everyone was female.

As for your theory, that is the kind of thing this thread is about.

Though it's still not as much fun as the natural transgender theory...

I want just to find a solution or a simple solution no matter how is fun or not.

Please don't use things like italic and in caps lock, or hide you behind Karbo's words to say you're right. This forum is a place where we can discuss freely, you act bit too much authoritarian.
Your comment like "Though it's still not as much fun as the natural transgender theory..." is very harsh and look an insult to me, I think. It's not the first time you did it, since the begining I have the feeling you want is to impose your idea by force to the others even if they disagree with you.

Karbo wrote:
In such arguments the one to have the last word is often not the smartest but rather the most stubborn..
When I see your late posts it seems you don't learn anything.

He said you're right about the fact they are less male than female but he never said you're right about everything or to harase people to find a solution.

I should calm yourself, it's normal to find someone who are not agree with you but it's not a reason to become rude or do harsh comment.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:52 am

again please remain calm, everyone.

Gregole can perfectly look for some rational reasons if he wants, if you are irked by it, then just ignore it..
In the same time, this thread is meant as a discussion, to expose ideas and theories. This not meant as a place to impose your point of view.
Realism can be cool for some, but others can find it bothersome and pointless in a fantasy world... this means there is no perfect solutions.

Now for the discussion
I must say that the idea of transgending is one that personnaly disturb me quite a bit... funny for someone who is in seeing people eaten alive I know XD
So I really think this one can be put aside ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:03 am

Karbo wrote:

Gregole can perfectly look for some rational reasons if he wants, if you are irked by it, then just ignore it..
In the same time, this thread is meant as a discussion, to expose ideas and theories. This not meant as a place to impose your point of view.
Realism can be cool for some, but others can find it bothersome and pointless in a fantasy world... this means there is no perfect solutions.

Now for the discussion
I must say that the idea of transgending is one that personnaly disturb me quite a bit... funny for someone who is in seeing people eaten alive I know XD

You're right, this is just an internet discussion thread-not a life-or-death matter.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:18 am

Militant-Prey wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Now for the discussion

You're right, this is just an internet discussion thread-not a life-or-death matter.

I agree as well. I apologize if I was a bit rock headed before.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:45 am

Quote :
Please don't use things like italic and in caps lock,

Itallic is used to emphasize a certain word, as an alternative to simply typing it in all caps. Since typing it in all caps is more or less the same as yelling, I chose to use the itallics to prevent my posts from from being rude. It's grammatically correct to use them to emphasize a word. I'm sorry if it sounded rude, but that is how it's done.

Quote :
or hide you behind Karbo's words to say you're right.

I'm not hiding behind Karbo's words any more than an archeologist is hiding behind the pyramids to say Egyptians were real.

It's his universe, and he's already stated that there are fewer males than females in it. As such, we have to accept that and work with it, or else try and negotiate a change.

I'm not imposing my views on anyone. If you want my honest opinion, it's felt an awful lot like you've been imposing your ideas on me. That's the entire reason I've felt the need to repeatedly state what's been established, and what this thread is about, because it looks an awful lot to me like you've been telling me that there is no reason, and that it's simply something we should ignore.

Quote :
Your comment like "Though it's still not as much fun as the natural transgender theory..." is very harsh and look an insult to me,

I'm very sorry, but that was a joke. The theory was a joke in the first place, and anything regarding it further is also more than likely a joke.

Quote :
I think. It's not the first time you did it, since the begining I have the feeling you want is to impose your idea by force to the others even if they disagree with you.

Which is exactly the same feeling I've been getting from you. I'm sorry, apparently it's not what you were trying to get across, but at the time it seemed like it to me.

Quote :
When I see your late posts it seems you don't learn anything.

He said you're right about the fact they are less male than female but he never said you're right about everything or to harase people to find a solution.

I should calm yourself, it's normal to find someone who are not agree with you but it's not a reason to become rude or do harsh comment.

Obviously, we're having quite a misunderstanding. I could not care less what the reason is. I just want to be able to discuss their theories as to what it is without the idea that it's not something we should worry about being repeatedly imposed on us, which I'm sorry to say, is exactly the vibe I've been getting so far.

Ok, if everything has been sorted out, I think this is overdue.
I'm very sorry that you and I have been getting off on the wrong foot. I've never, at any point, wanted to impose my ideas or beliefs on anyone else. I'm sorry that it's come off differently.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:53 am

I leave this post blank and remove everything I told you.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:10 pm

STOP please
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:14 pm

You know, I was really hoping we could've just put all this behind us by now.

No, I'm not going to continue the debate. I'm going to say it right now, I am not nor was I ever trying to impose my views, or any of my theories - none of which I even care about - on anyone.

I'm extremely sorry if I came off as rude, pushy or overly imposing. I normally make every effort to remain polite and civil, and that includes in this thread. Obviously I didn't do a very good job of communicating this time around.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, and if I came across as rude.

That's as far as I'm going to continue the matter.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:26 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

No, I'm not going to continue the debate. I'm going to say it right now, I am not nor was I ever trying to impose my views, or any of my theories - none of which I even care about - on anyone.

I'm extremely sorry if I came off as rude, pushy or overly imposing. I normally make every effort to remain polite and civil, and that includes in this thread. Obviously I didn't do a very good job of communicating this time around.

Pumpkin Pie. cheers I go the last word in.
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:33 pm

xlrp wrote:
Apple pie is better!!!!!!1!1!!!one!12!eleventy-one! laugh alone
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:48 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
xlrp wrote:

I agree! Apple is better!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:40 pm

mangamastermind wrote:
Oldman40k2003 wrote:
xlrp wrote:

I think I missed the transition from gender to pie.

Where is this going exactly?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:45 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

I'm sorry it seem I did a mistake.
I didn't understand what you were saying, I put everything behind me
to prove it I will delete my previous post it was too much.
There is a misunderstanding between us.
Sorry, I understand your feeling now, sorry if I was rude too Sad
I decide to calm myself and to take a new path, I have nothing against you.
I beg you to forgive and I hope next time we will debate it will be better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:39 pm

Pendragon wrote:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I entered the "pie contest" for multiple reasons:

A. As a subtle hint. If I pretend to get all serious about which PIE is best then perhaps the people fighting will realize that they're being a little too serious about this subject.
B. People were fighting. A non-sequitur like "Apple pie is the best!" is abnormal input, and it causes people to stop for a moment and think, giving time for their emotions to cool a little.
C. A non-sequitur can be funny, and it's hard to laugh and be angry at the same time. If it's confusing instead of funny, well, it's hard to be confused an angry at the same time as well.
D. By derailing this thread a sort of "break" can be established and the conversation can begin anew, free from what ever little problem the conversation got stuck on last time.
E. Because I like apple pie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:57 pm

mangamastermind wrote:
Oldman40k2003 wrote:
xlrp wrote:

I guess I'm the only Pecan pie fan around here...

Hmm, now I have the urge to go make me some pecan pie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:45 pm

Feign wrote:
mangamastermind wrote:
Oldman40k2003 wrote:
xlrp wrote:

I guess I'm the only Pecan pie fan around here...

Hmm, now I have the urge to go make me some pecan pie. Very Happy

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I entered the "pie contest" for multiple reasons:

A. As a subtle hint. If I pretend to get all serious about which PIE is best then perhaps the people fighting will realize that they're being a little too serious about this subject.
B. People were fighting. A non-sequitur like "Apple pie is the best!" is abnormal input, and it causes people to stop for a moment and think, giving time for their emotions to cool a little.
C. A non-sequitur can be funny, and it's hard to laugh and be angry at the same time. If it's confusing instead of funny, well, it's hard to be confused an angry at the same time as well.
D. By derailing this thread a sort of "break" can be established and the conversation can begin anew, free from what ever little problem the conversation got stuck on last time.
E. Because I like apple pie. Very Happy

Then you are all fools Because in a world of Pie, Cobbler is supreme. If you think pie is better, then it is because you never had Cobbler and you should be ashamed of yourself. And your not getting any Ice-cream. Because if your too week for pie. Then your not Macho enough to eat Cobbler. You stick to your cake and ice-cream like the rest of the little kids. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:08 pm

Man I love it when the train of discussion doesn't just get derailed but completely "deth kick"ed by a whole clan of ninjas.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:26 pm

Karbo wrote:

Now for the discussion
I was under the impression that ideas here accepted by you would be added eventualy to the wiki to be canon, that would in a way to impose a point of view, not on purpose, but some people like having canon facts to go by, karbo could say the world of felarya is flat, and i could make a fanfic with a version that is round. but if karbo states cannonicaly the world is flat, theres no arguements here, People (hopefully) wont read my fanfic and get a wrong impression from it.

but on the other hand alot of this stuff dosent matter, Just like in the interview with rumiko Takahashi and her Ranma 1/2 series, Takahashis answer to whether or not ranma could get pregnant was i wont think about it and neither should you. and although it would be cool to have cannon knowlege of this type, it really isnt important.

also, another huge factor for misunderstanding in this thread is the title labled gender issue, this implies that its an issue, a problem that needs resolving, some people probably felt it wasnt an issue, either way,

the logical solution for any veriation in gender is survival, so something about having more females in the world makes it easier for a race to propagate, I'll leave you guys alone to draw a conclusion from this.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:18 pm

xlrp wrote:
Then you are all fools Because in a world of Pie, Cobbler is supreme. If you think pie is better, then it is because you never had Cobbler and you should be ashamed of yourself. And your not getting any Ice-cream. Because if your too week for pie. Then your not Macho enough to eat Cobbler. You stick to your cake and ice-cream like the rest of the little kids. Laughing

I can only have a simdgin respect for you if you're a Peach Cobblerist. I'll have a little more respect if you're a I-use-cast-iron-pots-hauled-40-miles-on-this-backpacking-trip-ist, but if you're a oh-I'll-just-buy-it-at-the-store-ist I'm afraid I'm going to smite your heretical ass. Suspect

Feign wrote:
Man I love it when the train of discussion doesn't just get derailed but completely "deth kick"ed by a whole clan of ninjas.
Can't be a whole clan of use here, since ninja power is inversely proportional to the number of ninjas present, and if we can kick a thread to death we must have at least a little power. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:26 am

Feign wrote:
Lmfao. That literally made me laugh out loud in my own home. Pie owns. Xlrp, Cobbler is gross. End of.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:

I can only have a simdgin respect for you if you're a Peach Cobblerist. I'll have a little more respect if you're a I-use-cast-iron-pots-hauled-40-miles-on-this-backpacking-trip-ist, but if you're a oh-I'll-just-buy-it-at-the-store-ist I'm afraid I'm going to smite your heretical ass. Suspect

Buy Cobbler at the store? You insult the Pride of my Ancestors with that foolish remark. For you will feel the Wrath of 300 years of Cobbler powered perfection, And the Power of the Shaolin Temple as you are cast through the 36 chambers of The Wu-Tang Clan.

Sephimink|Kyle wrote:

Lmfao. That literally made me laugh out loud in my own home. Pie owns. Xlrp, Cobbler is gross. End of.

What is that? You must e tired of living.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 8:20 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

This is understandable since emotions and the actual person's attitude and tone of voice cannot be heard through text. I can honestly say I'm never one to impose my own ideas on anyone either, though I can come across as pushy or even harsh in text which many of the people I review on Deviantart can testify.

Oh, I've figured out why you may only see female Dridders in Felarya a lot. The female may very well eat the male who would be considerably smaller. Again, theory but I'm no Felaryan exobiologist.
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 5:15 am

Spykeofkonoha wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:

This is understandable since emotions and the actual person's attitude and tone of voice cannot be heard through text. I can honestly say I'm never one to impose my own ideas on anyone either, though I can come across as pushy or even harsh in text which many of the people I review on Deviantart can testify.

Oh, I've figured out why you may only see female Dridders in Felarya a lot. The female may very well eat the male who would be considerably smaller. Again, theory but I'm no Felaryan exobiologist.

Just like my Praying Mantis anthros. That's quite a familiarity in nature.

Yeesh. Being a man sucks nowadays. All people do is eat you.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:41 am

Pendragon wrote:
Spykeofkonoha wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:

Just like my Praying Mantis anthros. That's quite a familiarity in nature.

Yeesh. Being a man sucks nowadays. All people do is eat you.

Once again completely side stepping the point. If you haven't figured it out by now you will never get it. The point of this entire thread is just that GREGOLE wants to see naked men in Felarya. If you got offended or made even made the slightest bit of argument then you missed the point. You can look at this whole argument from post one and figure it out. Even I didn't see the point at first and got in the mix. Once you get past that, it is just an argument of taste. If GREGOLE wants to see naked men then that is his personl thing. There is no way to argue this topic if you don't want see naked men.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 9:33 am

Quote :
Once again completely side stepping the point. If you haven't figured it out by now you will never get it. The point of this entire thread is just that GREGOLE wants to see naked men in Felarya. If you got offended or made even made the slightest bit of argument then you missed the point. You can look at this whole argument from post one and figure it out. Even I didn't see the point at first and got in the mix. Once you get past that, it is just an argument of taste. If GREGOLE wants to see naked men then that is his personl thing. There is no way to argue this topic if you don't want see naked men.

You and me are going to settle this right now.

I did not start this thread because I want to see more male Felaryans.

I started this thread because I want to explain why there are more female Felaryans.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gender Issue   The Gender Issue - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gender Issue
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next