Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of

Go down 
+25
AisuKaiko
Malahite
Byakugan01
Jætte_Troll
scifidork
EliteCreature
Raveolution
observer88
L'Ryn
timing2
rcs619
melancholy-melody13
Wildthing
French snack
Archmage_Bael
JohnDoe
Feadraug
Pendragon
FalconJudge
Karbo
GREGOLE
itsmeyouidiot
DeviantDiscordian
Anime-Junkie
/Fish/
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:57 pm

I think I found another one that might apply.

Also, have some of you guys maybe considered getting known? This will let you create a contributer page, and a profile to use on the forums.

(I think I just broke a record for "most links in one post.") Razz
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:20 am

Wow, this tvtropes entry is wicked sick.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: wow   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 am

that is alot of links Shocked
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 am

Added a couple more tropes relating to the Guardians:

*PowersThatBe

*PhysicalGod
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I just saw that GREGOLE added a user account, judging by the last edit to the page.

Maybe you could add a contributer page for yourself, GREGOLE? If you're ever planning on being active in the forums or otherwise in the community, it helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Quote :
I just saw that GREGOLE added a user account, judging by the last edit to the page.

Maybe you could add a contributer page for yourself, GREGOLE? If you're ever planning on being active in the forums or otherwise in the community, it helps a lot.

What makes you think it was me? I'm not the only person in the universe with an interest in both Felarya and the zoanoids.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:53 am

Added the Memetic Sex God(dess) trope. It's Vivan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:36 am

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

What makes you think it was me? I'm not the only person in the universe with an interest in both Felarya and the zoanoids.

Check out the "page history" button. Your name is on a couple of the edits.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:55 am

Quote :

I repeat: What makes you think it was me? I know I'm not the only person in the world with a fascination with both Felarya and the zoanoids.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 am

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

I repeat: What makes you think it was me? I know I'm not the only person in the world with a fascination with both Felarya and the zoanoids.

So, it you're saying it was someone else who edited the page with the username "GREGOLE"? I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:39 am

Quote :
So, it you're saying it was someone else who edited the page with the username "GREGOLE"? I'm confused.

It could have been. The Guyver is a pretty popular anime and Gregole was a pretty iconic zoanoid. Why would I be the only one who takes up his username?

Afterall, we have two GiantessFanXXX's.
Back to top Go down
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Here's a few:

Jerkass: Gunther

Clown Car Base: The Deluran base has a high personel turnover rate, and only get their people from their home world. Result: people are leaving at a steady rate, much more (in total) than the base could possibly support.
Back to top Go down
http://scifidork.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:20 pm

Funny story... I was just eating a sandwich and drinking a soda, checking the page for new edits, and when I saw that there were none, I clicked "random item."

The page that came up was this.

I snorted soda up my nose from all the laughter.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Checked through it and I wonder if the "Power Trio" trope could apply, the categorizing of the Id, Ego and Superego

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerTrio

Using in this case Anna, Crisis and Vivian.

Anna is angry, impulsive and sometimes selfish: Id

Vivian is confident, collected and seductive: Superego

Crisis is just fun loving and friendly: Ego

Is this valid or am I just overanalyzing this here? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:23 am

"Crossover Cosmology" probably applies due to the nature of heaven, so I added it.

Everyone else, don't be afraid to edit the page as well, I seem to be the only one taking initiative here!

Go out, Get Known, make a contributer page, and go do some stuff!
Back to top Go down
Byakugan01
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:36 am

If you ask me, the temple of mirrors is warped enough to qualify for an "Alien Geometries" entry, while the Crystalinos critters are worth a "Mindscrew" entry in and of themselves.
Due to the Akaptor Desert, the "Time Travel" trope applies here.
"Proud Warrior Race"-the crimson maidens and the Miratans fit the trope to a T.

Just a few thoughts of mine, I'll think of more later when i actually have the time to.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:15 am

Wildthing wrote:

- Immune to Bullets/Five Round Rapid - Unfortunatly quite a few stories have these as well, although it seems to be averted with increasing frequency in recent ones
Quoting this one as I think it'd be pretty good / accurate for many stories. It's one of those "Played straight and Subverted" tropes: Played straight when people have only small arms fire used against Giant Predators (bows, crossbows, SMGs, etcetera), all to obvious effect (see: Piddly). Then it's averted at times (Rocket hits Giant, Giant gets alarmed, Giant buggers off) ... and subverted (some stories heavy firepower is used... to just as good an effect as bows, SMG's, etcetera) at others.

For my own suggestions:

Continuity Snarl: While Karbo retains sole ownership rights, he puts great interest in the community and allowing their works to become canon. Sometimes, this leads to interesting pile-ups of character traits, stone's throw neighbors going unnoticed for years at a time, technological / cultural progression / regression of the natives, etcetera.

Writer On Board: Boy howdy, there are a lot of alternate character interpretations within the community. While many are cases of misinterpreting source material or just time constraints forcing one to go with what they've got, there are still instances of people trying to create their own canon for the Big Guy to approve. With often predictable results.

Because, let's face it, not everyone on here shares a hive-mind link. There are instances where one person gives a slightly alternative view of one character, town, item, whatever. Sometimes unintentional (I thought [x] could cast some other minor spells beyond light), sometimes not so much (Lea is a mean mean evil person and cackles while people die).
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Felarya-specific tropes:

Human for a Day

A situation in which a giant predator becomes through some means, much smaller and typically changes species to that of a human. Can be used for a variety of things, and have a number of repurcussions, from a predator coming to know something they'd only normally think of as prey, instead as a person, to being recognized by something that can now harm them when before it couldn't. May cause a change of heart or merely be a wayside adventure. Almost always the changes will be reversed shortly.

A Predator Is You

You were some measly meal for the hungry giants of Felarya. Now you're one of them after handling that Cursed Item, or you had a fifty-foot growth spurt getting from one dimension to the next. Perhaps you were even lucky enough to have a higher power of some sort smile upon you. Point is, you're now in the position of something you would have been afraid of before. Cursed With Awesome it may be, there's plenty of drawbacks to get used to if you want things to be the same as before, which they most likely won't.

Prey Has No Name

Who's referred to by a name and who's not often reveals who is eventually going to die and who's going to live. If anyone gets through a few paragraphs without a revealed name, instead being called 'the blonde girl', 'that guy' or 'the guide with the funny hat' you can bet money that they're going to be in the gut of something by the end of the story instead of Bob the protagonist.

Deux Ex Lunchina

Easy prey appears as the plot demands. These will inevitably be mostly female humanoids. They will be delicious and filling enough to warrant a burp. Campers often are the target of Deux Ex Lunchina.

The One... Snack

Sometimes that special person you're looking for is right in front of you. Maybe that special person is also higher on the food chain than you. You'll have to make a good first impression because failure is not an option for you, Mr. Bachelor. All that's in the way is instinct, right? Should true love take its course, the result is a very awkward coupling.

Last edited by /Fish/ on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:03 pm

Added a few examples and did some cleaning up.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Added a fairly obvious example.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Ah yes, Katrika!

Someone add that to the Felarya TVTropes Page? XD
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Found an appropriate index to put the page on.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 pm

It may not be about tropes, but I go to TVTropes a lot and I have to say, putting a Felarya page there might not be a good idea since, let's all face it, 90% percent of it is fan made. There might be some nubs who will scream that their characters have no mention on the TVTropes pages.

In addition, only popular characters risk to be added when there are a lot more characters out there with similar details. Once again, it will cause conflict among the authors of said characters.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 pm

We've had it for a good while and so far no one's done that.

I think we can, as a rule, state that the only characters who we can mention specifically in the tropes page should be ones who appear in the manga, or in strips. At least that was the impression that I got.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 pm

That's kind of another point. It's a given only popular characters are going to appear in the manga along with Karbo's characters. This also may miff writers who aren't known and are unfairly being ignored constantly.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next