Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deities and Devils of Felarya

Go down 
+10
Jætte_Troll
Stabs
JohnDoe
/Fish/
itsmeyouidiot
Archmage_Bael
Anime-Junkie
Karbo
Pendragon
Silent_eric
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
i have a religion that involves fairies, can that still be posted here?
If you mean that the faeries are worshipped, I think not, since they aren't deities or devils. (Although some can be said to be devilish :p)

However, if it's a religion that fairies worship. Then go for it. That'd be awesome. I've been having trouble coming up with that. Of course, there's already the predator trinity that some worship, but that's not fairy exclusive. Can't wait to see what you have in mind Arch-y!
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:37 am

Mhh I have come across an interesting point.

What do you think a happen if people believing in Randomgod die and are welcomed in the heaven of Randomgod. Then in the course of centuries, the cult of Randomgod fade away to the point nobody is left who worship him.
Does that means that Randomgod would eventually fade away too ( then what happens to his heaven an those souls within it ? ) or would that means that Randomgod would simply stay the same, no longer able to grow in power ( because no new soul come until he manage to take his religion back to life ) but not weakening either ?
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:45 am

Karbo wrote:

What do you think a happen if people believing in Randomgod die and are welcomed in the heaven of Randomgod. Then in the course of centuries, the cult of Randomgod fade away to the point nobody is left who worship him.
Does that means that Randomgod would eventually fade away too ( then what happens to his heaven an those souls within it ? ) or would that means that Randomgod would simply stay the same, no longer able to grow in power ( because no new soul come until he manage to take his religion back to life ) but not weakening either ?

I would say Randomgod and his heaven would remain as they are. Though the souls in his heaven might wonder why no new souls are arriving.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

French snack wrote:
Karbo wrote:

I would say Randomgod and his heaven would remain as they are. Though the souls in his heaven might wonder why no new souls are arriving.

I disagree. But then again, I have a more pessimistic view on all this. So my theory is that it depends on the angel being Randomgod. If that angel wants more power, and isn't getting any more from her role as Randomgod, she would give it up. That could cause the domain to break if someone else doesn't take up the role, and the souls would be lost in Heaven. They could go to other domains than their own, or they may be preyed upon by angels looking for a quick snack.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:59 am

well as I see things, gods ARE those angels and demons. they are the same thing. And some of them can become so powerful that they actually can reach the power of a god/goddess ^^
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:04 am

What if, when their religion dies, Gods/Goddesses simply spread their minions around in search of new worshipers? Plus, Deities and such usually have a certain amount of supernatural servants. Or many forms they could turn into to travel the lands, interact with, and convert people to their cause.
Imagine this God who shapeshifted in human form, wandering, for example, in Negav. Lamenting that nobody listens to his/her preaching.

Or, simply they take a vacation for a while. Then come back with a new alias ^^

Or, they become the upsaid servants under the control of one of the Gods/Goddesses whose religion is still on feet.
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 am

nksrocks wrote:

Imagine this God who shapeshifted in human form, wandering, for example, in Negav. Lamenting that nobody listens to his/her preaching.
Heh, that sounds like an interesting idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:16 am

nksrocks wrote:
What if, when their religion dies, Gods/Goddesses simply spread their minions around in search of new worshipers? Plus, Deities and such usually have a certain amount of supernatural servants. Or many forms they could turn into to travel the lands, interact with, and convert people to their cause.

Or, simply they take a vacation for a while. Then come back with a new alias ^^

Or, they become the upsaid servants under the control of one of the Gods/Goddesses whose religion is still on feet.

1. Good idea. Probably happens often, when the religion is weakening. After all, the Gods/Goddesses do use their power to preform miracles, why not miracles in the service of furthering their own power base? I don't think when they have absolutely no followers left that they try this, as it would use too much of their power and they aren't getting any more.

2. When they have no followers left, I do believe that they would hit the 'reset' button. Of course, unless they kept a vast majority of their power before leaving, and didn't use any of it while not a God, then maybe they can attempt to wrest control from an existing God to become that God, or take up the reins of an emerging God.

3. Another good idea, and the most common I'd say. Usually, all the angels in a failed religion, working angels and Gods alike would be forced to become either working class angels in another domain, or even becoming psychopomps if they are really low on power.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Silly me, I seem to have forgotten something important. So let's go back to the Elven Pantheon and see how Holl'onnianya, Orl'llln, LL'Chomber, and Merri'llmnbar are when elves actually die and get to see them.

This is the most important part of this thread, the actual description of the religion's domain in Heaven. So here is the Elven Heaven.

When elves die, they are taken to heaven by a trio of lovely elven youths. These beautiful young elves silently take the dead elf's hand and pulls him into the ground. After a moment of blackness, there is a flare of brilliant multicolored light, and the elven soul finds himself being gently guided through a beautiful elven city, with brilliant murals, and elegant trees winding through the architecture. It's one of the ancient cities of legend, from before the schism that split the elves' empire in Felarya. There, in the glowing city, the elves live out their days untroubled by their giant kin, or any predators or lesser races at all. The elves live out eternity refining their art, archery, or whatever their whims may be, all under the watchful eye of their four Gods.

Of course, the techinical side of things is that the psychopomps will use their superior illusion magic to appear as the elven trio to a dead elf, and pull the soul into the ground and portal the soul back to the elven domain in heaven. There, it is as the religion tells, a grand elven city the likes of which are never seen in modern Felarya. Four angels rule as Gods and Goddesses there. They share the power equally, and employ many working class angels to preform miracles for elves on Felarya to foster belief, as well as to make the elves in the domain happy as well.

That's all I've got for today, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:37 am

Adding Klonk cult ^^
I like the idea it's fun and random and make a nice counterpoint to other more serious religions. And there is some potential for others funny idea derived from it, like various sayings, proverbs and so Laughing
As always the question : do you agree with the disclaimer ? ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:58 pm

ok so i didn't see eric's post way back when, when he said he was looking forward the religion i had posted, and since no one was paying attention to it on the other "felarya religions" thread i just gave up on it.

Here's the religion though

Anayoe

Far back into the years, closer to the destruction of Ur-Sagol, when there wasn't a larger powerful city, a human befriended a fairy named "Anayoe" who became a loved companion of many of the people in the "home" where the humans lived at the time. The human and Anayoe never married, but still cared for her human friend. Many years later, however when his wife was giving birth to twins, it was thought that she wouldn't survive. In an act of generosity, Anayoe used a healing spell which took her life, and saved the children and mother. In the years that followed this fairy was to be hailed as a healing goddess who watches over childbirth and the provision of plenty.

(wasn't too sure on what i should name the fairy :/ but i wanted to have the religion named after her)
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:20 pm

The Vorce

A religion practiced by a variety of Felaryan predators, known to have two contesting factions within. At its root, each faction believes in a living, omnipresence of Felarya called the 'Vorce', tying all life together, both predator and prey.

"We're just a part of nature, and to go against its patterns is to become something other than nature."

The practitioners of the Vorce are called Jawdi. Beliefs include that you should be completely instinctual while hunting, and not to talk to your prey. When a Jawdi is hunting, it is very likely you will never stand a chance of talking out of the situation should they find you. Of course, they will all eat you whole and alive, 'as nature intends'. They are known to spend much of their time sharpening their hunting prowess, in order to truly become one with nature. For them, the hunt is sacred and meant to put one's skills to full use or else is seen as disrespect to the intended prey. It is believed that after death, the greatest of predators will become the guiding, sharpened senses of predators to come.

Another branch of the religion is a faction referred to with disdain as the 'Teeth' by the main body of Jawdi practitioners. According to them, the Teeth 'Just aren't natural'. While the 'Teeth' abide by the same beliefs of the Vorce, the main difference is in eating habits. Teeth believe emulating impressive animal predators such as tonorions and the powerful kensha beasts gives them more strength from eating, and they therefore choose to hard vore their prey. This has set them at odds with soft-voring Jawdi and each has claimed that their practice is the 'true way of the Vorce'.

A rather lazy female angel represents the Vorce in heaven, who keeps the predatory souls occupied within a never-ending dream of sights, sounds, smells and other sensations present during a hunt, gathered from the memories of all practitioners. Sometimes a struggling young hunter that believes in the Vorce will find that they pick up the faint signs of life they need to pinpoint difficult-to-find prey just when they need, who in turn give thanks to the 'inheritance' of the skills of predators before.

---

Haw haw, Starwarsian puns abound.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:02 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
The Vorce
Not sure if srs there.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 pm

is that meant to be a gimmick?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Ah yes, I hard about that. It's a good thing Food Piewalker beat Darth Ate-er

Last edited by AisuKaiko on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:19 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
The Vorce

I can see why you didn't talk about the light side and the dark side: the light side is the *outside*, and the dark side is the *inside*!

...yeah, that's the only funny thing I could think of... ^^;

Also, this religion should be added to the wiki immediately! In fact I'll do it right now!
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:10 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Ah yes, I hard about that. It's a good think Food Piewalker beat Darth Ate-er
I lol'd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deities and Devils of Felarya   Deities and Devils of Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deities and Devils of Felarya
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2