Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!

Go down 
+3
Archmage_Bael
gwadahunter2222
Raveolution
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Raveolution wrote:
I meant to say Paris, France.
It's worst. Because the green spaces in Paris are inferior to other European capitals likes London, Amsterdam, Brussels and Roma (which have the biggest repartitions).

Raveolution wrote:
Have you flown over Paris? Or seen pictures of that city from above?

It's forbidden to flown over Paris, it's not anyone who can fly over the city. 1) I visited Paris, 2) I've seen many pictures of Paris and I see all the time at Television and 3) I'm french. And if you want to see the the deficit in green places in Paris it is located in Central North of the city.

Raveolution wrote:
Also, people like living around greenery; it even contributes to a higher land value. Now I don't know what kind of humans live in Negav
there is a huge difference between to want and to can. You can want some greenery but if the priorities of development of the city and the space available allow that or you have enough money to buy a small flat with few available spaces it will be difficult to have some greenery for you.

Raveolution wrote:
and I've seen you guys handwave away a LOT of basic human instincts in Felarya,

I think you have a misconception about people on this community here and a big misunderstandings of many things. And many of your interventions on this forum show that.

Raveolution wrote:
but really now, even in Negav city people want some kind of greenery around them.They're going to bring it in and grow it or something. Also there's going to be farmland to support the population's need for food. There has to be, what are Negavians eating, air? Also, wealthier Negavians will want gardens and parks and all that stuff. It would be surprising not to find a large number of hanging gardens in the city.
As I said in my previous post people in Negav can build an artificial park like Central Park in New York or different public garden, some individuals can have private sphere or garden if they have the money to afford to buy houses or flat with enough space. If they can't they can have plants in pot. But the need in green space are secondary next to the economic development, the housing needs, the creation equipment service like gymnasium, swimming pool....

About farmland but sorry they are in overall miles away from the cities many vegetables are bought directly to the markets or to shopping centers. To the case of Sacramento, the food industry is one of the major industries of the area and most of the productions are exported to the different cities United States and in different foreign countries. It's not all the cities which have an economy based on food productions. To come back to Negav, the economy is mainly based on the trades of Ascarlin and the fact it's a crossroad for many travellers which allow many trades most of the foods are imported from other worlds or bought by some people from distant village in order to trade them to buy useful items for their tribes, some are produced locally when it's possible like Licroa seed So Negav have many different possible source of foods and don't said it's not possible because many cities import their foods from distant farmland

Edit: I forgot to mention this magnificent thread about Felarya cuisine some ideas had been used into tome 3 of the manga.

Raveolution wrote:
Also consider Chernobyl, where there was that huge nuclear accident. Sure the city was abandoned, but even with all that nuclear radiation, plants have grown back. And trees grow up under sidewalks that aren't abandoned; you're talking about fairly aggressive activity, not just routine maintenance, to stop that.

It has been proven plants can adsorb radiation or many toxic products without to be affected, there are many research about plant to adsorb radiations or toxic element in order to cleanse contaminated ground and many are very positive but the process take many times you have to count many decades before. I see trees expand under sidewalks and I see the same trees have their roots cut because they expand too much and affect the pedestrian working or when the service of the city process to some works on the streets.

Raveolution wrote:
Do you know of any major city outside of China that is really barren of trees, gardens and the like?
I don't understand the meaning of this question because Tokyo is in Japan and I didn't quote any Chinese cities. And in Tokyo there are few or literally no green spaces inside the city. And yes I know and there are in many countries.

Raveolution wrote:
She would affect enough that killing her wouldn't be the first rational answer.
What I meant she can have an impressive size, after all some bloom dryads depending on their diet and location can cover a vast foot-ball-field sized area of ground but they won't expand to the size to cover all the world. So your character can be as big as or slightly bigger but won't cover the whole world of Felarya.

Raveolution wrote:
That would be true of all Guardians, right?
Banya is not a guardian ok, she can't be put at the same level as them. So what's apply to them don't apply to her.

Raveolution wrote:
She could be as powerful as Quaz. The plants in Felarya are no pushovers; and she can drop a spore in any location to sprout an inconspicuous plant and listen in on someone. She can "know all" with better realtime accuracy than Nemyra. Even the most secret plots against the Guardians, if laid in Felarya (especially in her territory), could be seen and conveyed first by her, early on. She's got a lot to offer in that regard.

This concept of using a plant creature to gather information already exist with the Domesticated Dryads

wiki wrote:
A domestic dryad's functionality is not limited to simply garden decor or display. If loyal enough, she can provide her owner with extraordinary pieces of information that only a dryad can acquire without the risk of approaching a wild counterpart. They are sometimes used as spies or for intelligence-gathering. Furthermore, few people will be willing to risk sneaking through a garden known to host such a being. While the owner may insist the creature to be safe, people will always remain cautious on Felarya of something that can eat them or has connections with another being who could.

They don't have to breed with other plants and you don't have to risk to turn the whole world into a desert if they die, for similar results.

Raveolution wrote:
That wouldn't stop plants not spawned by her from listening to her like the bugs obey Quaz (and there is a difference between listening and obeying voluntarily versus total blind fealty).
She is not the queen of all the plant like Quaz is the king of all the insects, she is just a foreigner(as you stated) dryad who expanded herself by breeding with the plants. She can't be considered at the same level of the Guardians.

Before to take some statement on us you should search to know what has been done before in many discussion and in the wiki because it's obvious there are many things you don't know here and you conception about many things is very limited.

Now, I stop the discussion with you. Ask Karbo what he thinks maybe he will accept or not, but I think personally there is already many plant like creatures who do the same things without to be necessary powerful and suited well with the rest of the world. Think what you want about this community.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : minor rephrasing)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:19 am

If I may, gentlemen, I once gave an idea for a new Guardian and the reply I got from Karbo said that I shouldn't because he wants to keep the Guardians vague and mysterious. After several RP's on the IRC, I understand why.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:41 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:

I think you have a misconception about people on this community here and a big misunderstandings of many things. And many of your interventions on this forum show that.
No, what you have shown is your knowledge of human nature is so far off the mark that you are in no position to accuse me of misunderstanding anything. As for misconceptions about people on this community, you're wrong about that, too - except for one thing: I am quite clear now that this is all about a fetish. Nothing else explains the severe lack of regard for basic facts regarding sentient survival instincts. It's not about ignorance or stupidity - ain't nobody here that's stupid; it's flat out disregard.

And when you summoned the gall to tell me that plants can't expand well inside major cities, when I am right now looking over a city of nearly 500,000 people where trees practically cover the entire valley, it became obvious that you're not of the caliber of person you think you are. I should have realized you thought more of yourself than you should when you went off half cocked about how bandits were more dangerous to merchants than giant preds. Now that was an epic funny. In fact I hope you were just joking.

Edited to add: OMFG. Paris, France has 475,000 trees that they know of. Not counting parks and gardens. Plants sure haven't expanded very well there.

Last edited by Raveolution on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
If I may, gentlemen, I once gave an idea for a new Guardian and the reply I got from Karbo said that I shouldn't because he wants to keep the Guardians vague and mysterious. After several RP's on the IRC, I understand why.
Now THAT is something worth knowing.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Raveolution wrote:

No, what you guys have shown is your collective knowledge of human nature is so far off the mark that you are in no position to accuse me of misunderstanding anything. As for misconceptions about people on this community, you're wrong about that, too - except for one thing: I am quite clear now that this is all about a fetish. Nothing else explains the severe lack of regard for basic facts regarding sentient survival instincts. It's not about ignorance or stupidity - it's flat out disregard.
You didn't even know plant emit CO2 until this discussion. when you said Oldman underestimated frag grenades it bring you the proof you were wrong. Many people in this forum have shown many time you were wrong on many points on many things about Felarya and the world itself, remember your thread and how people properly answered you in different way. You can deny that but all were right.

Raveolution wrote:
And when you summoned the gall to tell me that plants can't expand well inside major cities, when I am right now looking over a city of nearly 500,000 people where trees practically cover the entire valley, it became obvious that you're not of the caliber of person you think you are.

Paris it's 11,769,433 people who are living inside which are more than 20 time the populations of Sacramento, it's the most populated city of Europe. And the city is visited by over 28,000,000 of tourists.

You told me Paris is front your city as a metropolis about its tree knowing the green space in Paris represent only 20% of the city and in many boroughs it didn't reach 1%, you can walk in some place of Paris and see no tree inside the city. It's inferior to European capitals like London, or Rome And even if Paris is surrounded by forest you can be sure the quality of air is not the same inside than outside. I was talking about the development inside and not around a cities because most of the green space in many majors cities are artificial place made to the development of the plants, their development is not the same inside and outside you can search verify that with satellite view of the three major cities with the strongest population of the world like Mexico, Tokyo and New York. New york is the one who has the more important green spaces but must of them are created, designed and regulated by the services of the city and represent only 10% of the global space of the city.

Your city has the chance to a decent population for its global size and few problem about housing which make there are more space to let plants to develop inside it. to come back to Negav I heard the population is estimated to 700,000 but the cities is lacking cruelly of spaces so the green places won't take a important size inside the cities. I won't deny plants can't grow but don't hope they know the same development inside than outside.

Raveolution wrote:
I should have realized you thought more of yourself than you should when you went off half cocked about how bandits were more dangerous to merchants than giant preds. Now that was an epic funny. In fact I hope you were just joking.

The funniest where you told me the piracy didn't exist in our world few after the Sirius Star an oil tanker as big as an aircraft carrier was easily hijacked by the Somali pirates. The case of the Somali Pirates and the modern piracy in overall were known since many years. I find very hilarious your solutions to make the boat pass through the pacific ocean. Proof you didn't know anything about major seaways in the world.

Seriously about bandits, they can steal or have modern equipments to counter quickly and easily many of the most advanced securities. Even if some predators ambushed convoys and some collect items but it's very rare but their level of organizations won't reach the level of criminal organizations which can have many important connections. And it's not something like the Isolon Eye which will protect you against them. If it exists some protections against predators they are not working against bandits.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor rephrasing)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

No, what you guys have shown is your collective knowledge of human nature is so far off the mark that you are in no position to accuse me of misunderstanding anything. As for misconceptions about people on this community, you're wrong about that, too - except for one thing: I am quite clear now that this is all about a fetish. Nothing else explains the severe lack of regard for basic facts regarding sentient survival instincts. It's not about ignorance or stupidity - it's flat out disregard.
You didn't even know plant emit CO2 until this discussion. when you said Oldman underestimated frag grenades it bring you the proof you were wrong. Many people in this forum have shown many time you were wrong on many points on many things about Felarya and the world itself, remember your thread and how people properly answered you in different way. You can deny that but all were right.
No, you asserted that grenades wouldn't work. You asserted this "proof" because of the fact that this is about a fetish and not about anything else. You people also said that humans wouldn't flee after a predator attack. That is repeatedly demonstrated as untrue on practically a daily basis. You also said numerous other things that were total bullshit. Now you come along with the BS claim that plants can't expand well in cities, and this time around I presented you living breathing examples of cities where you are wrong.

And yes, humans would make life VERY hard for predators in Felarya. It's what we have done for millions of years. But again, that is something you deny because of the fetish. Fact. No debating that. Humans evolve, humans fight back. They always do. You're living in denial, and I am now aware of the motivations for why. The mistake I made was not figuring out the fetish motivation back when you guys argued that humans would not unite to fight for their survival. You know all about human instinct - you just deny it, and you know that.

Quote :
The funniest where you told me the piracy didn't exist in our world few after the Sirius Star an oil tanker as big as an aircraft carrier was easily hijacked by the Somali pirates. The case of the Somali Pirates and the modern piracy in overall were known since many years. I find very hilarious your solutions to make the boat pass through the pacific ocean. Proof you didn't know anything about major seaways in the world.
No, what I said was piracy doesn't hit people on the Pacific Ocean, where the US fleets have a strong presence. I'm not interested in dealing with your clueless arguments about bandits again.

If we define Felarya as mainly a fetish thing then one can understand why you think my points are not valid; but outside of that, there's no way your arguments can hold water.

In any case, since you have decided to start a flame war with me, I've decided you're not worth my time. I'm done, I've no interest in angering a mod over you. Find someone else who will buy what you're selling.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Maybe both of you should take a break from this temporarily. You're both dragging other arguments into this one that have nothing to do with the original topic.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Maybe this topic should be closed. It's already been established that Karbo has no interest in more Guardians, and it's starting to creep into a flame duel.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:32 pm

No flaming please.

Locking thread, PM me if you think it should be unlocked.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!   Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banya: A Dryad Guardian? <--- idea!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2