Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Escape a Predator's Stomach

Go down 
+36
Reptillian
Crivella
codaman
FalconJudge
Stabs
Prof.Nekko
itsmeyouidiot
vegasmazza3
Archmage_Bael
SuperPieGuy9
The Joker
S-Guy
shrunkenone
darkshot2600
Warrior3000
dreadis
thegreatanda
Raveolution
Salem A. Delgado
Silent_eric
Icalasari
Dommo
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Mentalguy
ZionAtriedes
lami
GREGOLE
Karbo
mikeimp
Siafu789
Shady Knight
ShadowX1
mangamastermind
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
Malahite
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm

1: use a water spell to keep the acids from entering the stomach and hope she will give in to her hunger before you.
2: use ice magic to freeze the inside of the stomach to kill the pred, then crawl out of the loosened throat.
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
trying to cut through a predators stomach is like trying to cut a waterfall with a sheet of paper.

Unless your weapon is a lightsaber.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:47 pm

yeah. well you'd have to make a detailed story/background if you want a jedi in felarya.

jedi: hey crisis, lemme show a really cool trick!
crisis: okay! what is it? ^^
jedi: *uses the force on a boulder and smacks her up side the head, and takes of using master force speed.*
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:50 pm

I don't think I'd have to worry about that situation, because I'd probably sweat so much (from terror, and awkwardness if its a giantess), that I'd produce so much BO, it would drive the pred away! XD

If otherwise and I do get eaten, I'd just do the one thing that never fails:

Annoy the Pred with my Godzilla Fanboy talk so much, they'd purposefully vomit me out! XD
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 pm

I'd zap a wand of digging, creating a hole through its stomach and reducing it to one hit point.

Nethack FTW!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:42 pm

FalconJudge wrote:
And true. Almost all adventurers carry at least a knife and few predators care to strip their prey... therefore, if knives were okay, more adventurers would be able to escape than actually do, which, given that to even consider going here, they would have to be confident in their skills and thus at least sufficiently not stupid, wouldn't make sense.
Actually, a Knife should work fine... for slashing out of the stomach lining. If you don't wind up stabbing yourself. And you can keep your grip on it long enough once your hand starts dissolving.

No, the problem is then somehow finding a way to cut through the rest of their musculature, veins, and so on, make it to skin, hack at it, and climb out, all without succumbing to your acid injuries, remaining coherent, not drowning in Naga Blood, etcetera.

You're more likely to just injure the Naga and force it to rest for a while than you are to escape with a simple knife. Lightsaber can cut through much more much faster, but said weapons are: 1) Rare. 2) Stupidly self-dangerous. What happens if there's a sudden muscle contraction? You lose your grip? You can't see and you turn it on backwards?

You can cut through a Predator's stomach as well, to my knowledge, even Giant Predators (Heck, there should be no reason to assume a regular sized predator couldn't be cut out of by a regular knife, as unlike a Giant Predator they aren't filled with a helluva lot of mass to squirm / hack through). The thing is, that many of the named Predators have enhanced / stronger stomachs, making them resistant somehow. Coincidentally, these are also the Giant Predators that tend not to strip their prey upon eating. It's still a practice for many Giant Preds to strip / disarm their prey - these are often the ones who are at risk to such actions.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:59 am

Malahite wrote:
FalconJudge wrote:
And true. Almost all adventurers carry at least a knife and few predators care to strip their prey... therefore, if knives were okay, more adventurers would be able to escape than actually do, which, given that to even consider going here, they would have to be confident in their skills and thus at least sufficiently not stupid, wouldn't make sense.
Actually, a Knife should work fine... for slashing out of the stomach lining. If you don't wind up stabbing yourself. And you can keep your grip on it long enough once your hand starts dissolving.

No, the problem is then somehow finding a way to cut through the rest of their musculature, veins, and so on, make it to skin, hack at it, and climb out, all without succumbing to your acid injuries, remaining coherent, not drowning in Naga Blood, etcetera.

You're more likely to just injure the Naga and force it to rest for a while than you are to escape with a simple knife. Lightsaber can cut through much more much faster, but said weapons are: 1) Rare. 2) Stupidly self-dangerous. What happens if there's a sudden muscle contraction? You lose your grip? You can't see and you turn it on backwards?

You can cut through a Predator's stomach as well, to my knowledge, even Giant Predators (Heck, there should be no reason to assume a regular sized predator couldn't be cut out of by a regular knife, as unlike a Giant Predator they aren't filled with a helluva lot of mass to squirm / hack through). The thing is, that many of the named Predators have enhanced / stronger stomachs, making them resistant somehow. Coincidentally, these are also the Giant Predators that tend not to strip their prey upon eating. It's still a practice for many Giant Preds to strip / disarm their prey - these are often the ones who are at risk to such actions.
How the hell can a pred with fingers a thich as your body strip you? Sure, they can remove any loose clothing and tear off any armour, but anything approaching skin-tight will stump them, unless they rip off your skin too. It's just not possible to get a grip on things like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
How the hell can a pred with fingers a thich as your body strip you?
I 'unno, how can the arm themselves with Giant-sized metal armor & weapons? Or be larger than a freight train but move through the forest quieter than a man-sized being? Razz
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 am

my fav is still just a standard bottle of hydrogen-peroxide, it would work on a 80' human right well after all, but I wonder how well tossing a few boxes of baking soda ahead of you would do, probably not not enough, but you would at least have something of a pyredic victory.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:21 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
my fav is still just a standard bottle of hydrogen-peroxide, it would work on a 80' human right well after all, but I wonder how well tossing a few boxes of baking soda ahead of you would do, probably not not enough, but you would at least have something of a pyredic victory.

Tossing baking soda ahead of you (IE: into the stomach) would douse them in acid, thus creating huge volumes of CO2. Unless the pred can't burp, all you've done is replaced any breathable air in the stomach with a cloud of oxygen-less gas, severely limiting the time your can survive in there, which limits how long you have to escape.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
How the hell can a pred with fingers a thich as your body strip you? Sure, they can remove any loose clothing and tear off any armour, but anything approaching skin-tight will stump them, unless they rip off your skin too. It's just not possible to get a grip on things like that.

Actually it is. A hint? Use your tongue and teeth too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escape a Predator's Stomach
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6