Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Escape a Predator's Stomach

Go down 
+36
Reptillian
Crivella
codaman
FalconJudge
Stabs
Prof.Nekko
itsmeyouidiot
vegasmazza3
Archmage_Bael
SuperPieGuy9
The Joker
S-Guy
shrunkenone
darkshot2600
Warrior3000
dreadis
thegreatanda
Raveolution
Salem A. Delgado
Silent_eric
Icalasari
Dommo
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Mentalguy
ZionAtriedes
lami
GREGOLE
Karbo
mikeimp
Siafu789
Shady Knight
ShadowX1
mangamastermind
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
Malahite
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Bwahahaha, until the figurative nuclear war comes...

Then it shall all change, bwahahaha.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:37 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Argh, being a creationist, that last line is where I must disagree. But I refuse to turn this into a religious argument, so let us look over that, neh?

It's true that the human's niche in Felarya is different. But I still think basic Darwinism applies. The humans that survive are stronger. That's one of my points. I'm sure you agree to that.

Well, of course predators also adapt. But soon after they adapt, the prey adapts again, right? And since some prey must survive, must some not always be a step ahead of the predators? After all, how many more ants are in the world than anteaters? Billions. Why? Adaptability.

Actually, I'd compare humans more to ants than any other animal. And not in the "weak and insignificant" way, but the "work together to accomplish huge things" way.
You know what in his the difficulty humans evolve. But the problem the human contrary to the animals don't know when to stop and in Felarya this limit exist we have just to know it Wink

I explain, if you meet a lion can you defeat it with you bare hand Question

No, the lion is stronger, faster than us, but we never forget we create weapons to defend ourself. It's true humans when we compare us next to the other animals we are physically the weakiest because we don't have any natural weapon. In nature both predator and preys have weapons, the mouse has its claw and its well developped incisive tooth, the cats has his fang and claws. But it's not enough, both need to be carefull to survive and the one who does the mistake lose. The cat doesn't be carefull the mouse notice that and bite the tongue, so the cat will learn from its mistake and be more carefull next time Very Happy

Survive is not something surnatural or divine, a simple human can survive in Felarya if he/she knows how that's all
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:43 pm

And if he/she's lucky too. Remember, EVERYTHING in Felarya is dangerous, except the Great Gate near Ur-Sagol since it's your ticket home.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Actually, Gwada, it's my turn to refute your statement. A human is perfectly capable of defeating a lion bare-handed. Maybe not your average New Yorker, but martial artists who've truly explored the limits of the human body can strike four times faster than a snake, and three times harder than a sledgehammer. They can take down a lion.

Of course there's a limit on civilization. That's the only reason that Felarya isn't completed paved over by now.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:05 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
And if he/she's lucky too. Remember, EVERYTHING in Felarya is dangerous, except the Great Gate near Ur-Sagol since it's your ticket home.
That's why humans when they come in Felarya need to be prepare to face the dangers and be able to survive by themselves Very Happy

Let me remember you on earth everything is dangerous too but we are alive. In nature EVERYTHING is dangerous when you live your home there is a chance you have the chance to have an accident. You can die in the place you think safe we are not immortal Very Happy

Edit: I add everything is the question of chance in life, you can be the best and loose again a noob.

There is three things to survive or to become strong:
1-The training, you need always to train in order to prepare yourself to what will happen.
2-The experience that only a strong opponent will give you.
3-Luck, even if it's the third it's as important as the two others, luck are just opening that happen both to you and your opponent. It's one of the key factor for both your victory and your defeat.

After all your character is very lucky than he become the most powerfull Elemental knight Wink

Quote :
Actually, Gwada, it's my turn to refute your statement. A human is perfectly capable of defeating a lion bare-handed. Maybe not your average New Yorker, but martial artists who've truly explored the limits of the human body can strike four times faster than a snake, and three times harder than a sledgehammer. They can take down a lion.

Of course there's a limit on civilization. That's the only reason that Felarya isn't completed paved over by now.

I will answer you one thing a man succeed to stop a bull with his torso but he broke his foot and other bones because he underestimate the animal, but after that he swore he won't never do that again. In clear a human can defat a lion but he/she can not defeat the beast without rsiking its life, in clear the master even if he/she can defeat a lion will avoid to do that because they know their limits. And know to value the danger, and one thing when we look the martials arts are based on the move on many animals nothing more Wink

What humans tend to developp in martial arts a animal can develop it naturaly and faster than us because they know better than us.

You know what, many matial arts were created by observing the move of the animals that's all Wink

Nothing is create, nothing is lost, All is transformed.

Do you notice predator tend to avoid each other, it's simply because they how dangerous the other can be. And contrary to the humans they know their limits and don't like to take risk.

If you escape to a predator today, it will caught you tomorrow. It's just waiting you do the wrong move Very Happy

Edit: I forget when we always compare us to an animal or the elements. In Felarya the competition reach another level if we want to be stronger than the naga, so the naga or the other humanoid predator want to be stronger to eat us. It's not funny Laughing

If you escape a predator don't you think this predator will prepare to meet another prey like you. Why some predators are stronger it's because there are stronger preys.

We don't become strong by doing easy things but by facing difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:01 pm

It really doesn't matter. Humans are still the most dangerous things in Felarya.

Magic and machines make this possible.

Have you noticed that, among the predators, Anna is the only one I know of that shows an interest in technology? The others don't care.

This makes her one of the biggest threats in Felarya (not to mention one of the hottest).

There are magics and mechanisms that can take down even the biggest predators. Even the guardians would do well and watch out.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Problem is, magic wise, Fairies outclass humans and bugs renders magic useless. Technologically wise, if humans become too advanced and can create a Doomsday weapon, a Guardian will obliterate them. Plus given that humans are usually one tenth of most predator's size, their offensive powers take a serious blow.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Pendragon wrote:
It really doesn't matter. Humans are still the most dangerous things in Felarya.

Have you noticed that, among the predators, Anna is the only one I know of that shows an interest in technology? The others don't care.

This makes her one of the biggest threats in Felarya (not to mention one of the hottest).

There are magics and mechanisms that can take down even the biggest predators. Even the guardians would do well and watch out.

I'm not agree with you because other predators tends to study many items, like Subeta and some of them are natural spell caster, like Ice naga, fairies and many other humanoid predators.

It's not because someone doesn't have the same thing to you he/she is weaker than us, because they can have the equivalent or something more dangerous Evil laugh

Sorry but a naga can understand or language and can learn things as any humans did.

Look the Sci-fi movies like Aliens, or Starship Troopers, Predators or Stargate. Humans meet other races which developp something different and even they don't know they were abale to take down humans and sometimes it was us we were in difficulty.

Technology is the thing which allow us to survive but sometimes it has its limits Wink

Nothing is absolute, everething is relative. And history shows sometimes is the more advanced is destroy by the less advanced. You know the worst ennemy of the high technology is the low technology Laughing

Edit: A question if you move as fast as a car will you learn to drive Question
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Pendragon wrote:

aye, I think people over-estemate how much the creatures of felarya can take. Hell if nagas have similar upper-body anatomy as humans, a recoiless rifle could kill it. That is one of the reasons there is safe-havens in felarya, the stationary weapons, given high enough caliber, will hold their own in an attack.
Back to top Go down
http://mentalguy15.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:03 pm

[quote=\"Mentalguy\"]aye, I think people over-estemate how much the creatures of felarya can take. Hell if nagas have similar upper-body anatomy as humans, a recoiless rifle could kill it. That is one of the reasons there is safe-havens in felarya, the stationary weapons, given high enough caliber, will hold their own in an attack.[/quote]

I agree this kind of thing can kill a naga but a question do you think she will stay in front of you if she feel this things can kill her. There are very agile and have fast reaction, if you don\'t manage to use your weapon correctly your dead.

But as it was said the naga\'s stomach can support explosion and strond physical damages too Very Happy

Last edited by on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:31 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
This is because predators are almost always bigger (though exceptions exist), and many times, faster. The only advantage prey usually has is brains. This concept is even more true between humans and the macros of Felarya.
I would also say it often has to do with absurd reproduction rates. You might have several dozen generations of mice in the time it takes a cat to breed once.

[quote=]Humans used to Felaryan conditions (*cough* Jurdeans! *cough cough*)[/quote] *Cough* Deathworlder *Cough* Aiel *Cough Cough*

Though yeah, Felarya IS a crazy world. Without Magic, a several dozen story beast can move through dense forest terrain without tipping someone off in the slightest. I like to think this is for the same reason Caseless Bolters are usually shown with shell casing's flying everywhere, Stormtroopers are deadliest on their own, and Anime Blades cannot cut eachother but can cleave through buildings without trouble: Awesome.

Felarya is run on the power of Awesome. The more Awesome! you have when you enter Felarya, the better off you are.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Actually, if I recall Karbo's talks, the average Predators have effective immunity to small-arms fire, and a high pain / damage resistance to greater things.

Depleted Uranium AP rounds firing at high velocities into non-Bone protected Vitals are likely going tos till cause a world of hurt. KE is also a feth, as it could cause internal bleeding, liquify organs, etc.

Explosions aren't that good for breaching anything unless they're shaped anyways. A 5mJ blast over a 3m blast radius sounds nice at first, but then you realize that only a very small portion of that is going to hit any specific area. Meanwhile, a shaped explosive with maybe only 100kJ could do much more damage to a specific spot.

Of course, there are some exceptions to there (Crisis' stomach, for instance), but they're called "Exception" for a reason.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Malahite wrote:
Actually, if I recall Karbo's talks, the average Predators have effective immunity to small-arms fire, and a high pain / damage resistance to greater things.

Depleted Uranium AP rounds firing at high velocities into non-Bone protected Vitals are likely going tos till cause a world of hurt. KE is also a feth, as it could cause internal bleeding, liquify organs, etc.

Explosions aren't that good for breaching anything unless they're shaped anyways. A 5mJ blast over a 3m blast radius sounds nice at first, but then you realize that only a very small portion of that is going to hit any specific area. Meanwhile, a shaped explosive with maybe only 100kJ could do much more damage to a specific spot.

Of course, there are some exceptions to there (Crisis' stomach, for instance), but they're called "Exception" for a reason.
In that case it can kill both you and the naga or just make her burp Very Happy

It's impossible to do an action without taking risk, no matter what we do we will always take risk, there is always an unknown factors which can change our life. In the end it will depend how we will adapt and face it, we call that fate or natural selection. If our life seems peaceful it\'s just because we know what to do in case of need. Hoping you will survive in a dangerous place without taking risk, we tend to overestimate us and sometime it\'s too late. I speak about the many accidents which can happen in our life, the zero risk doesn\'t exist.

We can show in our story our character live in Felarya without taking any real risk in Felarya but this kind of character doesn't reflect the reality of the world.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:52 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Problem is, magic wise, Fairies outclass humans and bugs renders magic useless. Technologically wise, if humans become too advanced and can create a Doomsday weapon, a Guardian will obliterate them.

Or they will send a pack of storm sprites lol!
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:45 am

Malahite wrote:

Not quite, once again im talking from my experience with high caliber rifles. A 75mm anti-tank rifle shooting a high-velocity-armor-piercing round can penetrate well over 2 foot of steel. I dont care how you think a pred will handle it, a shot to the head would kill it.

Malahite wrote:
Depleted Uranium AP rounds firing at high velocities into non-Bone protected Vitals are likely going tos till cause a world of hurt.

AP rounds are only for armor and wont do much damage to soft surfaces. An HE round would be better. only use AP rounds for the head.

Malahite wrote:

Explosions aren't that good for breaching anything unless they're shaped anyways. A 5mJ blast over a 3m blast radius sounds nice at first, but then you realize that only a very small portion of that is going to hit any specific area.

once again you would have to hit a soft part of the pred.

Malahite wrote:

It has only been said that it could withstand a hand gernade(which, Im assuming its a frag, not much bang for your buck there). However enough explosives could take crisis out. About 10 sticks of dynamite would do it.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:02 am

You all seem to forget humans are about ten times smaller than predators. And don't forget that if we become too dangerous because of weapons, we will catch the Guardians' attention.
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:42 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
You all seem to forget humans are about ten times smaller than predators.

No I didn't, I know that a 30mm canon round has about 10 times the diameter of a .22 calibre bullet and about 25 times the charge behind it. I think you could do the math there.

Sean Okotami wrote:
And don't forget that if we become too dangerous because of weapons, we will catch the Guardians' attention.

once again they would only care if the said people are a threat to felarya as a whole, If the weapons are used for defense, they are not going to care.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:27 pm

I agree with Mentalguy. The guardians have much more to worry about than simple humans fighting a few preds.

I think the point of this entire thread is this:

If you are eaten, you are likely screwed. You'd have to have the weapons onhand to even stand a chance of getting out, otherwise it's a lost cause. The preds are not immortal, and outside attacks will do some damage. The point is that the world is imbued with magic, thus increasing a natural predator's defenses. Their skin and scales could become as tough as a rock, yet feel as smooth and silky as a baby's behind. Magic can always act as a defense enhancer in this world.

At least, that's what I think.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
You all seem to forget humans are about ten times smaller than predators.
Size isn't that big of a deal once you get into technology. I could be the character in Tenchi who is a baseline human without any military training. If given a piece of Technology equivilant to the Infinity Gauntlet, I could horrendously slaughter all in my path. The same applies here.

Now, if we were speaking Close-Combat weapons, I would agree. When you're 1/10 (Or smaller) the size of the target, and fighting 1-v-1, a spear isn't going to do you much good. However, most characters who do such are either zealous fools (Knights, Religious Crusaders in general, Drunk, etc) or already in the "I pack more power in a punch then a 120mm cannon" level of person.

wrote:
And don't forget that if we become too dangerous because of weapons, we will catch the Guardians' attention.
This is true. However, I expect that a Guardian would get involved before a weapon gets so powerful beforehand.

Considering we know that Power-Armored suits (Of Titanium, no less) are allowed on Felarya, along with Fighter Planes, automatic weapons, and gun-emplacements capable of repelling a Predator, odds are that the Guardians don't see much of a threat in the technology at the moment. No-one is using the Tech on the go, they're using it for defense (For the most part).

Anyways, another good way to escape a Predator's Stomach: Wraithform. Make yourself as thin and stretched as possible, and float back out through some hole(preferably the one you entered from).
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:13 pm

You know what if a guardian doesn't interfere it's just because it knows what to do in case of need or the natural counter already exist Very Happy

I watch in TV, China activities are completely paralyzed by the cold of the winter. Do you belive that a simple cold block a whole nation.

I want just to say even if you think something is perfect there is already a weakness. It's apply both for the predators and the prey, both know their strenght and weakness. In clear the stronger it's the one who are able to adapt to any situations by knowing both his strenght and weakness.

When you are facing a danger, the only things we will save us is our reaction nothing more. We progress in both our success and fail Very Happy

If we were strong we wouldn't create all the technology we are using, but they are not strenght. They are just tools we use, our true strenght will always be inside us Very Happy

We think we are invicible but invincible doesn't mean undefeated Wink
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:19 pm

You know, for some reason, I want to shout "Where's your God now?" to every humans in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
You know, for some reason, I want to shout "Where's your God now?" to every humans in Felarya.

The word God represented this unknown force at the origin of everything that humans don't understand and can not control nor predict Very Happy

Because God is in both the prey and the predator Laughing

After all the predator and the prey respect the law of the nature nothing more Wink

It's natural a predator attack you because it always do that to survive, but it's natural you defend yourself until it's follow the rules Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:44 pm

My god is back on Holy Terra, chillin' on his Golden Throne while laying the smackdown on another four 'gods'. He's got better things to do then watch out for some random bunch of mooks who have no real importance.

The others I 'worship' aren't Gods/gods, so the comment doesn't apply to them.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:08 pm

I just got a flash: Lightsaber, this can cut through anything except other lightsaber blades.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I just got a flash: Lightsaber, this can cut through anything except other lightsaber blades.
Note: It is not suggested you attack the "Heart of Gold" with Lightsabers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escape a Predator's Stomach
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next