Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Escape a Predator's Stomach

Go down 
+36
Reptillian
Crivella
codaman
FalconJudge
Stabs
Prof.Nekko
itsmeyouidiot
vegasmazza3
Archmage_Bael
SuperPieGuy9
The Joker
S-Guy
shrunkenone
darkshot2600
Warrior3000
dreadis
thegreatanda
Raveolution
Salem A. Delgado
Silent_eric
Icalasari
Dommo
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Mentalguy
ZionAtriedes
lami
GREGOLE
Karbo
mikeimp
Siafu789
Shady Knight
ShadowX1
mangamastermind
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
Malahite
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I just got a flash: Lightsaber, this can cut through anything except other lightsaber blades.
If your lightsaber is useless outside it won't be useful inside Sad
Because the predator in Felarya are stronger inside than outside
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:12 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Sean Okotami wrote:
I just got a flash: Lightsaber, this can cut through anything except other lightsaber blades.
If your lightsaber is useless outside it won't be useful inside Sad
Because the predator in Felarya are stronger inside than outside
Lightsabers can apparently liquify an unknown metal instantly with contact. Thick metal, at that.

You could likely cut through the stomach of a Predator with one. Or any other Sci-Fi CQC weapon worth taking over their own Ranged Weapons.

Which is where the person's interpretation of Felarya comes in. Some people assume Predator's are Steel-Skinned monsters that can toss a Tank over the Horizon while HEAP rounds are exploding harmlessly against the flesh. Others see Felaryan Beasties as ripping the top off a building and smashing tanks against the ground, but still harmed by Anti-Tank rounds and the liking. Some see the Predators as just Human-Durability pushed up to an extreme size.

Depends completely on who you ask.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Well, I've had this conversation before.

Lightsabers in Felarya would actually be pretty balanced. You see, in theory, they can cut through any matter present in Felarya. Examples would be naga stomachs, rocks, demons, etcetera.

However, magic that's really strong (a powerful barrier for example) can block these sabers. Since magic is ever present in this world, they aren't overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 am

Well...I have a couple of ways most of which are universal and have probably been stated already

Go for the uvula- If your goin south in a predators mouth grab the uvula and mutilate it as much as ya can, if your lucky you may be expelled out, though not in the most 'clean' ways imaginable >_>

Induce vomitting- As some may've already said above, if your in a predators stomach already and times runnin out, make sure you have something that can irritate the stomach lining (somethin rotten or spoiled will do, but make sure it's in large quantites, people who forget to properly pack their lunches will be at an advantage at this point), usually something with loads of microbes that are accustomed to playing the ol' 'Food Poisoning' game
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:01 am

Raetsu Lord Pichu wrote:
Well...I have a couple of ways most of which are universal and have probably been stated already

Go for the uvula- If your goin south in a predators mouth grab the uvula and mutilate it as much as ya can, if your lucky you may be expelled out, though not in the most 'clean' ways imaginable >_>

Induce vomitting- As some may've already said above, if your in a predators stomach already and times runnin out, make sure you have something that can irritate the stomach lining (somethin rotten or spoiled will do, but make sure it's in large quantites, people who forget to properly pack their lunches will be at an advantage at this point), usually something with loads of microbes that are accustomed to playing the ol' 'Food Poisoning' game
It's very interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dommo
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Well honestly I can think of a few ways to avoid being eaten.

Idea 1

This is brilliant, but it's sooo simple. Basically its an inflatable bladder. You carry a small high pressure tank of air around, connected to a rubber vest that you wear. When a predator such as a Naga tries to swallow you, you simply tug a small rip cord, inflate the vest, and Mr. or Mrs. Naga gets to choke on the yummy human. When the Naga finally suffocates, simply deflate your vest, and crawl back out of the beasties mouth.

Idea 2

Capture juvinile versions of Predators, and figure out what makes them SICK. Something that makes you so toxic and nasty that they can't hold you down, and that either kills the offending predator, or makes them wish they were dead from the sickness. Possible things might be "Roundup" weedkiller for use in areas that have large numbers of dryads. The roundup makes the dryad sick for a long period of time, which means it will be less likely to eat humans in the future. Sure it won't allow you to escape in the case of dryad(can't vomit), but it will dissuade her from eating other people.

Idea 3

Masking scents. If you smell like a naga, the lesser predators will probably stay away. Of course this might make another Naga curious, so make sure you are wearing Dommo's Choke Vest just in case Razz.

Idea 4

Find a chemical that can alter the chemistry of common predator stomach acids in such a way that it makes you "undigestable". Sure this means you have to escape the "long way" but on the otherhand you can take pleasure in breathing from your own oxygen tank, while giving the Naga that ate you the worst case of constipation in her life.

Idea 5

Giant alkazeltzer tablets. Carry around a few of these frisbee sized stomach bombs and watch the fun happen! As soon as a naga eats one of your compatriots, she will get the worst and last surprise of her life! As these large tablets almost instantaneously expand, with large amounts of gas, one of two things will happen. She'll either burp you out, in the process flinging you a good 1/4 mile away, or she'll explode, in which case you may still die from being crushed by flying body parts, but at least you took her down with you!

Idea 6

Blind the naga. Sure she could still eat you, but she'll have a much harder time catching prey if she can't see.

Idea 7

Suicide bomber vest. Sure it means you die, but at least you either blow her head off, disfigure her, or leave such a bad taste in her mouth that she might not want to risk eating people for a while.

Those are just a few, but I honestly think the first idea is the best because it'd be the easiest to incorporate, and of course the results would make many predators think twice about eating that tasty human.
Back to top Go down
Dommo
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:55 pm

My whole view on it, is that while humans might be tasty, we need to make ourselves a dangerous delicacy, sort of like pufferfish is in Japan. We might still be edible but only by a few rare predators that can absolutely ensure that they are safe eating us(and in the case of the pufferfish even these highly trained chefs sometimes accidently kill themselves or patrons!).

We need to mimic nature by making ourselves like poison dart frogs. Attractive prey, but likely deadly for whomever tries to consume us. One way to do this would be to make humans a carrier of some deadly disease to predator species. Think Aids for Naga. We get eaten, but in the process infect predators with an incurable, but highly contagous, and lethal disease. This way if some of us get eaten, those that ate us, will simply kill more of their own kind indirectly. After a short time one of two things happens.

1. Humans are now off the menu.
2. Predator Species goes extinct.

Another method is to use a trick that toads use. Use a chemical to make us taste AWFUL. A toad secrets a chemical from its skin that while mildly toxic, makes them taste absolutely revolting to predators. Since Naga and other big critters seem to eat people because they taste so good, simply produce a small spray or lotion that makes people taste absolutely disgusting, and make that substance impossible to wash off. Sure people might still be occasionally eaten, but not actively sought after. Think of it as people becoming like brusselsprouts. Edible, good for you, but taste like crap. We might be eaten when nothing else is easily available, but in general we'd be much safer wandering around.

And as to the guardians, well, the way to deal with them is to make any sort of action on humans so damaging to the world that they wouldn't act. Think nuclear bombs everywhere(nasty ones, that leave ALOT of fallout). We use a scorched earth policy. Attack us and we permanently ruin a section of the planet. We purposefully destroy the environment in ways that are harmful to the native life. An example would be to hunt to extinction all prey other than humans that can support a fully grown naga. Even as much as predators love eating people, there simply aren't enough of us to feed the existing predators. By killing off the food supply we make it so the predators have to fight each other of the small remaining amounts of available prey. Meanwhile we simply shift to a vegetarian diet and grow small animals like chickens for meat. Its sort of like how wolves decline in population if the deer are killed off. We simply do the same thing.

The best method though, would be to make predator species dependent on humans for survival. Lets go back to the disease idea, suppose it's incurable, but can be held in recession as long as medicine is periodically recieved(think diabetes and insulin). We give the predators a lethal disease, and in exchange for not eating us, we keep them alive. If they eat people, they accumulate more of the disease, and must kiss even more human ass in order to live. Wink

Of course this is all a bit diabolical, but it could lead to some funny situations(like a naga eating someone, to learn that afterwords he was a condemned criminal sent as bait food, and now learns he must rescue humans from other naga in order to be given the medice required to keep him alive.) Oh the sweet irony.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am

Also another...though not probably as 'on hand' as my other 2, if you somehow have a large drill like weapon (think of the kind from Makai Kingdom) then DRILL SONATA your way outta there...yeah...
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:43 pm

@Dommo: you forget a little details everything will depend on the area where you are. If some solution will work on the are where you are, they won't work perfectly on the next area. And another point don't forget the predator are mostly sentient beings, so they can adapt and think to other solution to eat you. You will always need to enhance your knowledge because the predators will become stronger too.

Life is an endless battle even us in our society we have to fight to find our place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Icalasari
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Icalasari

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Eh, my char is part Phoenix, so he can get eaten a million times and still come back. No need to escape then!*

*Exception being Succubi. Evil lit-er, big- buggers probably have revival proof stomachs
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Well, none of my characters are equipped to avoid being digested, so they are all screwed when the acid hits the fan.
But when it comes to me, obviously the best thing would be for me to politely explain to the acid that I'm too important to be digested, and that it should be given immunity. Failing that, I may have to resort to a stern talking to about why it should stop digesting me, or, God forbid, a angry letter from heaven.
We can only pray it never comes to that.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
Well, none of my characters are equipped to avoid being digested, so they are all screwed when the acid hits the fan.
But when it comes to me, obviously the best thing would be for me to politely explain to the acid that I'm too important to be digested, and that it should be given immunity. Failing that, I may have to resort to a stern talking to about why it should stop digesting me, or, God forbid, a angry letter from heaven.
Forget about Heaven, God did nothing about every previous victims and Angels are no better than Succubi here. You could always hope that Notys divide by zero (again) which would create a paradox and possibly get you out, but you shouldn't bet on it and anything could happen, like the whole universe imploding for exemple.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Silent_eric wrote:
Forget about Heaven, God did nothing about every previous victims and Angels are no better than Succubi here. You could always hope that Notys divide by zero (again) which would create a paradox and possibly get you out, but you shouldn't bet on it and anything could happen, like the whole universe imploding for exemple.
Well it's heaven, hell, or purgatory. I can't go to hell, beause I have a little slip of paper with 'Get out of Hell Free' embossed on it that I carry at all times. And I bet purgatory is really slow to send out letters. So it may come a few centuries late, but eventually that stomach will know the full fury of my harsh wordage! *Shakes fist*
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Salem A. Delgado
Tasty morsel
Salem A. Delgado

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm pretty much the most naturally adapted creature to survive here (if you ignore incredible lack of knowledge ^_^') my body can regenerate from injuries by things break things down like fire, acid, etc. at a rate faster than they can break down, of course it still hurts and if it's something like black fire or whatever the acidic equal to that is than I'm screwed, and if I'm trapped with someone else then as a last resort I can use my mastery over chi and asault there nervous system and cause the pred so much pain they'll vomit reflexively, but being such a bleedin heart I'll wind up using the same power to ease there pain, I just hope they don't eat me again. ^_^'
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:47 am

Malahite wrote:
Since this is starting to get more and more attention on the forum: Not "How do you avoid being eaten," nor "How do you avoid getting caught," but "How do you escape a Predator's Stomach."

The means can be anything one would expect from an original character, canon fictional one (Felaryan or otherwise), etc. However, to keep it interesting, try to come up with something that doesn't involve either creating a new Felaryan item OR a being of near God-like powers.

For example of "How to escape a Predator's Stomach":
Have ready a contingency spell that instantly teleports you 100 yards upward (While also casting Featherfall) the moment you hit any sort of Acidic liquids.
How about psychic teleport?

It isn't magic and is not bound to the rules of anti-magic (see: Succubus).
Back to top Go down
thegreatanda
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 pm

I've got a character that controls electricity. If he were eaten, he'd likely shock the insides of the predator, causing it great pain and forcing it to throw him up. If that didn't work, then he could direct a charge through its body and up to it's head, effectively frying it's brain.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:40 pm

Ok how about being a giant - say, a Zentraedi - who is shrunken magically?

In a magic-proof stomach, POOF! no magic, no miniaturism. Instant giant.

POP.

Is elasticity relevant then?
Back to top Go down
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:51 pm

Raveolution wrote:

POP.

umm in a magic proof stomach only the stomach walls would be magic proof. your still doomed last i checked
Back to top Go down
http://dreadis.deviantart.com
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:57 pm

dreadis wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

POP.

umm in a magic proof stomach only the stomach walls would be magic proof. your still doomed last i checked
Then you could cast a perpetual flood of NaOH to pour in, causing the acids to turn to salt water until its elasticity is exceeded and *pop*? Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:48 am

Pretty sure the "Magic Proof" applies to things attempting to hit or go through the stomach wall. Of course, since you'd need to draw mass from somewhere to grow, odds are a growth wouldn't work. Shrink would be just peachy, though.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:42 pm

Malahite wrote:
Pretty sure the "Magic Proof" applies to things attempting to hit or go through the stomach wall. Of course, since you'd need to draw mass from somewhere to grow, odds are a growth wouldn't work. Shrink would be just peachy, though.
Do you really need to draw mass to re-grow when you are shrunken by magic and the effect wears off?
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 11:26 am

BTW how much time do you have to escape a Gypsa?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Raveolution wrote:

Do you really need to draw mass to re-grow when you are shrunken by magic and the effect wears off?
Unless your body has the full mass of when you were a giant and an absurd density (In which case the Predator would likely know something wasn't right when the 6ft being weighed several tons), you'll need mass from somewhere to grow. Laws of Conservation of Mass, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Id try and do something that was cause the pred to throw up although im not sure what would have that affect.If that doesnt work I could resort the the handy dandy samurai sword/ can opener!
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
darkshot2600
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
darkshot2600

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:17 pm

3% hydrogen peroxide would be a viable solution... granted you had a large enough quantity.

Or for the DnD fans, the bottle that limitlessly spouts water.
Back to top Go down
http://darkshot2600.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escape a Predator's Stomach   Escape a Predator's Stomach - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escape a Predator's Stomach
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next