Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

undescribed wiki entries

Go down 
+15
French snack
Anime-Junkie
gwadahunter2222
Jasconius
ambrose-euanthe
alliance
Jætte_Troll
Asuroth
Oldman40k2003
Shady Knight
Karbo
AisuKaiko
/Fish/
Silent_eric
Archmage_Bael
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Asuroth
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Asuroth

undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Well to go into detail about that you would probably have to talk to her- I just ran through her works and compiled the information from the stories and tidbits into that. Basically the males can reproduce asexually...but as for the exact means for how it happens there was never any specification if you want to go into that with Kiki at all.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:48 am

I have some ideas that the solar serpent would live in the canopies of the jungle, and would live off the heat/energies that the felaryan "sun" produces, acting similar to photosynthesis. It would probably be more hungry at night when there's less heat. I imagine it being somewhere around 20 ft or so, not too big, but being a serpent, would have some snake like properties.

the names like "solar" and "ice" and such give me ideas to work off, but names like volasaurus and Buvikis Veridimis I'm not sure how to explain unless the original brainstormer revelead themself. I'm wondering about what we should do with those entries that we cant explain.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:11 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
the names like "solar" and "ice" and such give me ideas to work off, but names like volasaurus and Buvikis Veridimis I'm not sure how to explain unless the original brainstormer revelead themself. I'm wondering about what we should do with those entries that we cant explain.

Some random thoughts...

"vola" == "palm of hand" in Latin, "saurus" is the well known dinosaur word ending, so perhaps it's a "Palm of hand dinosaur"? No, that's stupid. Smile Maybe hand shaped? It was added Feburary 19th, 2008 by Karbo, and (according to Google) is not mentioned on the forums until November 2009, in passing.

"Buvikis Veridimis" added October 26th, 2009 by Karbo. No Google results for "Buvikis", but "Veridimis" appears in a latin tomb inscription ("Veridicus Rector, lapsos quia crimina flere...", translated at "The truth-speaking pope, because he had preached that the lapsed should weep for their crimes,...) So "Buvikis Veridimis" implies something truth speaker or truth teller... which fits because they are in a library.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

Well, Volasaurus is credited to GREGOLE, so perhaps he could shine some light on them?
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am

wait didn't eric help with the buvikis veridimis?

see this is what i mean, people need to read this more, and speak up a bit. Anyone who has helped with any of the creatures not crossed out on the first page need to speak up if we are to get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:10 am

Added the giant nematodes and flatworms ( now renamed Chorygate )
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 am

Ice Wyrm

Size: 150-250ft
Threat: Very High

Ice Wyrms are massive, wingless, burrowing dragons, with spikes and a segmented body. It travels under the ice, and feels the pressure of the larger creatures above ground to detect it's prey, therefore tinies are unlikely to come across them. When it pops up, it creates a snow screen and ice shards from the ground, and releases a deafening roar that can be heard from miles around. It has a redundant nervous system that backs itself up, and blocks pain despite any amount of physical injury. These beasts are very rare though.

Size: 10-40 ft depending on body of water
Threat: Moderate

Living Whirlpools are like underwater chameleons, their skin reflects the water around them so their body absorbs water. As they open their mouth and suck, it creates a massive whirlpool. It can also move while doing this, and has been called a living whirlpool due to this reason. It will sit still near the surface of the water, blending in for hours until a boat or creature, or unfortunate swimmer comes by.

Size: 50-70 ft
Threat: Medium

Solar Serpents live in the akaptor desert. They are golden snakes that levitate slightly off the ground with small wings placed evenly along their body. They are very thin and often sport beautiful patterns only available at night, but shine in the sunlight to blind their opponent. They make anyone nearby feel comfortable, which lowers their prey's defenses. Their thin body has adapted for the consumption of smaller creatures, and therefore rarely feed on anything above 30 ft, but it's not unheard of.

Size: (not sure)
Threat: Low

Flying whales move from one body of water to the next via "attaching" themselves to the ley lines, using them as transportation. This gives them the illusion of flight, however, if a whale misses it's drop zone, and hits land it will not be able to move. Whales do not feed on humans, elves, nekos, etc but instead on fish and whatever else it runs across at sea. If one sees a Flying whale, they know a ley line is somewhere nearby, however, sighting is rare.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:43 am

Note on the Ice Wyrms - these creatures have been seen before, in Rin's Adventures and they're different in many ways. As it says in the wiki, they are from randomdude's story.

Firstly, the live on Frost Peak. Also, they are massive creatures, able to threaten a naga and they got around by burrowing.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm

thanks, in which story?
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Umm... a few of his chapters. They appear a few times actually.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:24 pm

oh ok, because I'd rather not have to read through every single story just to find one ^^;

Is he under the same name on DA? I don't believe I watch him.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:21 am

Added the Ice kenshas and the snow tigers. But for the snow tigers it seems one day I somehow selected the text and removed it... so the entry wasn' supposed to be blank actually. I just put back's Wowandwas' description of them since he is the creator. Sorry about that ^^;

For those new entries.. mhh let's see.
-they are starting nicely but the living whirpool look a bit hard to visualize to me as you have described it.

-The solar serpent actually live in Akaptor desert so it pretty much change the description radically ^^; What I have in mind for those is a truly majestic and awe-inspiring creature, maybe hoovering/floating next to the ground. they would look made of gold, and have a few short fins/wings along the lenght of their body. quite the stuff of legend ^^

-For the flying whales, you got a very interesting and original idea I think ! Razz There is definitely something to do there. I could imagine them using the ley magic to fly, and maybe detach from it and glide somehow ^^

Thank you for your hard work on those entries Wink
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks ^^ I edited Ice Wyrms and Solar Serpents, I have class in like 10 minutes, so I'll edit living whirlpools after I get back. Razz

done, tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:30 am

I can definitely work with that, thank you Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:23 am

Added solar serpents and flying whales ^^
we're making progress !
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:16 pm

yay. ^^

I'm back from Go club, so I'll try and work on some more Smile
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Here's something for the Direwind Hills. I wrote it down with help from Jaette, so enjoy the description!

---

Direwind Hills is an area that's situated south of the Elifga Valley. As its name suggests, it is an area almost completely covered by steep hills and crags of many shapes and sizes. Wooded areas are often small and isolated compared to other parts of Felarya. These wooded areas are mostly located in the valleys and spaces between the hills, where it they are sheltered from the wind.

The wind here is known for being continuously strong. At the top of the highest hills, it's strong enough to blow humans away! As it travels through the valleys, trees, and ruts in the hills, it creates a bizarre sound that echoes throughout the zone that can send shivers down even the most hardened spine. These lower levels also have a more erratic wind pattern. The lower levels are difficult to traverse due to their random layout and the hills are nearly a large natural maze because of this. Because of the wind, only the hardiest trees can survive on top of the hills, and those animals that live here often use the wind to their advantage to stay alive.

Another bizarre feature is the series of tunnels and burrows underneath the land. Various animals and other beings make their homes in these caves, coming out at night or where the wind isn't as strong. For those not familiar with the tunnels, getting lost can be incredibly easy, and many can go into a cave and wander about forever.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm

spoke with randomdude finally about his ice wyrm:

randomdude678 wrote:
It's bascially a larger version of the Graboid from the Tremors movies, and it moves by pushing itself along just like they do. It has rows of spines alnog its back which it can extend and piece prey. It's eyes ring its face and let it see in many directions at once. It's skin is pure white, with its mouth section a dark grey. It's several times the size of a Naga, though it rarely leaved the earth entirely.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 am

AisuKaiko : I like it ! It's really very well described and it's more or less what I had in mind Razz great work on that one Wink
I also added living whirpools. And thank you for asking randomdude, I'll add those too ^_^

Also some basic descriptions of what I have in mind for some zones, if you wish to help writting them Smile :

-Sea of Sinking Sand : a large zone that is basically an immense field of quicksands. Obviously very dangerous. You can only get through it through flying. I could imagine some strange type of sand fishes living there.

-Ruins of Old Supprozad : Old drider city, now in ruins. Contrary to Ur-Sagol, the giant buildings are broken and largly overrun by nature and vegetation. Somewhat of a Victorian feeling to them.

-Imoreith Tundra : strange sound phenomenon in this zone. Every sound seem to resonnate. The sky is strange, with some light patterns seen. In some areas there is no sounds at all. Creatures use acoustic properties by supressingthe the noises they make when they hunt, or in the contrary use noises to attack.

-Island of Tranquility : Placeholder. no real idea about them.

-Island of Infinity : same

-Oloonde Lakeland : Serie of large lakes with many rivers flowing. probably lot of water elementals and water based creatures. Presence of some elves too.

-Shard, Myriad River :

-Iceclad Sea : A section of Topazial sea riddled with floating ice, icebergs and frozen regions. Often foggy as well, with strong winds. Obviously largely unexplored and dangerous.

-Rosic Neko village : Silent-Eric is writting the entry since it's his idea.

Last edited by Karbo on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 am

Oh...and thanks for adding some pics of characters that previously had no face, like terra and Nix (good god lily is cute)
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:26 am

finished Kjol cliffs
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:40 am

Wow, go Karbo ^^

yeah, this month is pretty busy for me, so no time to work on the wiki entries myself. Believe me, I'll resume helping as soon as I can. =D
Back to top Go down
ambrose-euanthe
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey,

In the course of writing Kaimana and the Signing Nekos, I thought a bit about the Torpaline Coast entry (which is basically empty).

I have some suggestions for the forum. I've written the entry in a complete way, but its a tool for discussion, to be disagreed with or otherwise by section and idea. And to be reworked however extremely into something we're collectively happy with. I'd like to see some elements of it used, of course, but I'd be very surprised if was in the current form.

Yours,

Ambrose,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torpaline Coast,

Danger: Normal
Inhabitants: See Tolmeshal forest (many of) and Topazial sea (the shallow-water types commonly, the deep-water ones visit as plot demands), plus (hopefully wiki-magic will add some more...)
Sub-zones: Rosic Neko Village (+Bay?), Moyuk Hills, Strange Square Building, Jewel River Estuary (link to Jewel River), plus (whatever others are later added.)

The Torpaline Coast is the western shore of the fearsome Topazial Sea, stretching from the Jewel River Estuary in the north to the waters around Vylkren's Horn in the south.

Prevailing north-westerlies beat against these southern hard basalt plains, millennia of erosion carving out all but the hardest of rock. The scattered small islands and dangerous shoals they leave in their wake are inhabited mainly by creatures that swim and fly.

From these Basalt Plains, wind and wave washes the coarse dull sand of erosion to the north, forming beaches and mixing with the softer rock underpinning the Moyuk Hills. Between mountains of fire (Vylkren) and ice (Frost Peak) this spit of land, many times longer than it is wide, supports a vast and flourishing deciduous forest.

At its mid-point sits Rosic Neko village, nestling at the foot of the Moyuk Hills. A small river, oft-times little more than a stream, runs past their village down to a shallow, wide bay with some islands where the nekos fish and perform. It is rumoured that a Sea Krait Naga lives here, a close friend of the village's nekos.

Despite its small size, this river marks the transition between the blue-grey basalt-sand beaches of the south and the earthier outflows spreading down from the Jewel River Estuary to the north. Between this bay and Vuurtoren Point the sedimentary sandstones contains many fossils, some giant and many small – some eternally inside the bellies of the larger when they died.

Vurrtoren point itself is defined by its treacherous shifting sands and, more mysteriously still its great square structure. It is unknown whether it sits atop a small hill, or whether forest and dirt have accumulated and grown up around its massive flanks, just another of Felarya's mysteries.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:20 am

Mhh it's a nice description Smile
And describing that coast is really not easy due to so many different terrains. but you pulled it well here ^_^
Back to top Go down
ambrose-euanthe
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:57 am

Hey,

Thank You!

I think your point is also true generally to many of the top-level descriptions. It's my feeling that they should be quite flexible, to allow for the introduction of new sub-zones as required to create interesting stories and artworks.

Yours,

Ambrose,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

undescribed wiki entries
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next