Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

undescribed wiki entries

Go down 
+15
French snack
Anime-Junkie
gwadahunter2222
Jasconius
ambrose-euanthe
alliance
Jætte_Troll
Asuroth
Oldman40k2003
Shady Knight
Karbo
AisuKaiko
/Fish/
Silent_eric
Archmage_Bael
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Asuroth
Marauder of the deep jungle
Asuroth

undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:43 am

Just something I threw together for the buried palace if you want to use it at all, figured I might as well have some fun with it heh. It might be a bit long though for just something else within the desert so feel free to just use ideas of it if you want to as well.

The buried palace is an ancient structure submerged within the sands of the Akaptor desert. The only known way to enter the palace is through the highest tower’s window which only barely pierces above the sand, and even that sometimes is hidden by the dunes. It is a highly fabled place, often being misjudged as some other random ruin amongst the desert from the uninspiring appearance of such a small piece of it. Within however is a completely different sight to behold.

As one descends the tower entry they find a strange and bizarre place hidden from the rest of the world. Within the palace lie many incredible wonders and no one is quite certain how large the palace truly is being hidden from sight. Inside the palace is a very disorienting experience as one moves through it, as the palace itself seems to change its own time period as one walks beyond a certain threshold. A beautifully decorated grand ballroom may suddenly become ancient and wrecked as a shadow of it once was- and there could be a new pitfall trap waiting for you on your very next step! The derelict rooms often have the infamous sand of the desert trickling in from above the ceiling and some of the worst conditioned rooms are nearly flooded with the sand. All manner of strange voracious creatures roam the palace now, but are more strongly concentrated within the ruined sections of the palace. These all pose a great threat to explorers among the wild mazes and bizarre traps. One such trap are cursed hallways that stretch forever, trapping the person in a time loop!

The ancient buried palace is always ever sought out, as adventurers are always willing to foolishly explore its halls for the fabulous treasure said to still exist there from its previous owner. Rare treasures and artifacts believed to have been lost from time itself are said to exist here as well, with worth beyond value. Legend also speaks of a library somewhere within the palace, holding tomes of knowledge that could very well date to the age of the Sagolian empire and possibly before that. Some say the books contained within even hold records of events which have yet to pass as well. The few brave adventurers claiming to have found this library describe it as immense and in pristine condition, almost being the size of a temple in its own right. That description would not be far off in itself either as a great owl-like monster is said to roam the halls as its steward, ensuring that every book and shelf is maintained in perfect condition from intruders.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:53 am

Buried structure with just the top sticking out? Library of immense stores of knowledge including on an event yet to occour? Giant owl guardian?

Now... where have I heard this before...? Laughing

Will this library show me how to defeat the Fire Nation too?
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Asuroth
Asuroth

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:00 pm

I was wondering who would catch that reference XD. (edit cause I don't want to double post) In seriousness though probably should have left out the predict the future and owl guardian parts- it is too much similar for sure. Just when I glanced at the basic entry and small notes about an immense library it brought that episode to mind Laughing. Avatar was a great series!
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
ambrose-euanthe
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Hey,

I like this! Especially the idea of the Palace being rendered temporally-unstable by its situation in the Akaptor desert. It might be good to make more of that, hitting it up as a separate sub-section or paragraph in the wiki-entry. For example, a bit could be included about certain passages travelling back to the days when the Palace was occupied, if that fits in. When I read the ballroom bit I imagined some adventurer gatecrashing a grand imperial party.

Also, it could do with a re-read and re-write just from the point-of-view of grammar, and clarity of language.

Yours,

Ambrose.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:52 am

Ohh I really love this decription ! very nice job on that ! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:58 am

Added the Torpaline coast. Thank you for the description again Wink
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Mond-Myriad River
Threat level: Low

This is the river that surrounds Negav on it's three sides, acting as a large moat. The river edge is cluttered with reeds and plants, favorite hiding places of small critters. The river gets increasingly dangerous the closer it gets to the Great Marshes.

As the river passes close to the Ascarlin mountains many small caves, often half-filled with silt and rocks, connect to it. If an adventurer were brave enough to explore them, they would find that there is a large network of underwater caves connected to many of the tunnels and caves found in the deeper parts of the Ascarlin mountains. The water in those caves is just as infested with strange, dangerous, and hungry creatures as are the dry caves; if the adventurer were lucky enough to survive, eventually they would find the caves connect to the Lake Of Illusions.

A few of the underwater caves dive incredibly far into the ground. However, whereas normally the water would be dark and dense, there is a light that gets increasingly bright the further down one goes. Legend has it there is a treasure down there so bright and wonderful, it would blind anyone who survives enough to come near.
______

tell me what you think of the last bit. I edited the "you's" out because it is grammatically incorrect to use "you" in definitions/essays/descriptions etc.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:51 am

mhh it's an interesting idea but what would be that treasure exactly you think ? I mean would it be more of a rumor or something really belonging to the zone ?
Also that river has been renamed the Motamo river, The Myriad one is the other XP
Anything you would see in particular for it ?

Also Moyuk hills and Chanossa Mangrove have been done, thank to Jeatte Troll. We are getting there ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:03 am

Here are two article suggestions, and their reasons for why they should have pages or at least mentions (wasn't sure if this is the best place to mention them)

Lamias: My reasons for why this should have an article (or be apart of the human page at least) is due to the fact they have been mentioned in several stories. In them they appear to be human mages capable of transforming into nagas, if I read them correctly.

The demon warlord Agnashrak "the annihilator": Besides playing a role in Menyssan's background, if I am correct Karbo has drawn art of him in "Arale and Menyssan" bio.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:01 pm

For the lamias.. well it's very difficult to say actually... there is lot and lot of argument about which are which and many contradictions too, so I really prefer to stick to nagas ^^;

For Agnashrak "the annihilator" : well maybe at a point he'll get a page, but for now he is really just only a name with no real history attached to it..
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:06 pm

if he's just a name, then why's he so special?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:35 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
if he's just a name, then why's he so special?
Because most of celibraty in reality comes from Menyssan who prefer to give it the credit in order to not draw to much the attention on her. It proves Menyssan is wiser than Arale who prefers to put herself in the front line which make when it's backfire it's her the first victim of her plan. So in reality the one who deserve title "the annihilator" is not Agnashrak but Menyssan lol!
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 am

Jasconius wrote:
Here are two article suggestions, and their reasons for why they should have pages or at least mentions (wasn't sure if this is the best place to mention them)

Lamias: My reasons for why this should have an article (or be apart of the human page at least) is due to the fact they have been mentioned in several stories. In them they appear to be human mages capable of transforming into nagas, if I read them correctly.

The demon warlord Agnashrak "the annihilator": Besides playing a role in Menyssan's background, if I am correct Karbo has drawn art of him in "Arale and Menyssan" bio.
For Lamias, I believe that if you're talking about Flare's work, lamias were similar to nagas, but with certain anatomical differences and the ability to transform into humanoid form. Also they were all female.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Throwing out ideas here, the sea of sinking sand needs more development still I think, so any advice on that would be helpful.

Iceclad sea is a section of the topazial sea, further to the north. Large flat chunks of ice as well as icebergs are commonly drifting throughout the area. These platforms of ice are easily hundres of yards across and more than thick enough to walk on. It is also rumored that there is some kind of temple or floating treasure in the area, although the precise location is unkown, as the fog is consistently too thick to see in.

Sometimes the drifts of ice will connect in such a way to form a mass of land that leads to the fabled treasure, however the path is also consistenly reforming itself because the chunks of ice will ram into each other, and grind, shattering them, and refreezing their shapes. In addition to the constantly re-forming floating land masses and the fog, the creatures in the ice have adapted to hide within, making any sort of travel suicidal.

Other hurdles like strong winds also prevent any sort of exploration. This area is easily one of the more dangerous zones next to the Luminous Hollows, if not one of the most naturally chaotic areas of Felarya.

Sea of Sinking Sand

This area is located in the northern part of the Akaptor Desert. The area passes off as just massive dunes, but in actuality are hundreds of massive quicksand pools, all funneling simultaneously. The dune also has a unique quality: it absorbs heat much more easily than the sand surrounding it, as well as most kinds of metals. The heat is sucked in underneath, and for some reason has led to a liquid glass-like substance underneath.

The creatures that dwell in the sinking sand all feed off the excessive heat, and on some occasions have developed the natural ability to use fire magic (albeit somewhat tame, and untrained). Since a lot of them are attracted to heat, they will latch onto prey, and drag them underneath to feed on their body heat and not flesh.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:32 am

Thank you, I added the iceclad sea Wink

For the sea of sinking sand, I'm looking mostly for a detailled description and for a geological explanation as to why you could have such a gigantic zone of quicksands ^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:12 pm

"and does who do are extra strong and dangerous" at the end of the ice clad sea entry, might want to change "does" to "those" (also thanks for adding the entry ^_^ )

I just looked up a little bit about quicksand-

Since it is mostly just water that has saturated sand so much, one could think that the whole upper region of the desert could have been a giant swamp, but some kind of catastrophe, like a war millenia ago or whatever could have burned most of the vegitation down, and all that was left was water. The surrounding sand could have just fuzed with the swampy area, and an earth quake appeared slightly after. That could cause a giant region of sinking sand.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 pm

I actually read that there is another type of quicksand which is held by air and when you step on it, it gives away like a pitfall.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:17 pm

I think the sulfur source should have an entry as a subarea, though so far the only name I've come up with so far would Sulfur Springs... that and potentially an ancient temple laying at the bottom of it, hidden until once every century the pools of boiling sulfur mysteriously lower for but one day, revealing the temple for all who are either brave or foolish enough to enter it.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Well I'm researching how qucksand works. I'll continue to do it and post and idea to add onto the Sea of Sinking Sand entry
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Quicksand aint all that bad. Just lay on your back and you will float.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 am

I have heard that once .. Is that true ?
the quicksand being deadly would be a gross exxageration or a legend ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:06 am

I think hollywood over exaggerates it. Now tarpits, on the other hand...

Say Karbo, does the green haired, stripe tailed sea naga at the bottom corner of the Felaryian map have a name and/or backstory? Cause me and a few others in the chatbox last night got into a little discussion on this one, ranging from her name (we chose mainly from the name of greek sea goddesses... and scylla... and cthulhu) and made a "composite" background/personality for her ending (when I logged off) with her being a sea naga witch who was raised by mermaids and who enjoys singing....

Any information you can provide on her?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 am

I'm pretty sure she's just a random naga Karbo drew.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Karbo wrote:
I have heard that once .. Is that true ?
the quicksand being deadly would be a gross exxageration or a legend ? Shocked

wait...do you mean to ask if lying on your back would help? the thing about quicksand is that it absorbs the motions a person does. technically you can walk over quicksand, but as you keep walking your feet sink in because the sand has been so saturated with water that the friction between sand particles is reduced so much.

Also, yes hollywood really exaggurates quicksand's properties. It doesn't work the way you see in movies as much, mostly because quicksand pits are rarely over a few feet deep. It would be extremely rare to run into a pit of quicksant more than 5 feet.

Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:03 pm

I think there's only one thing left to do: the Sea of Sinking Sand will be deep as Hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

undescribed wiki entries
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next