Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

undescribed wiki entries

Go down 
+15
French snack
Anime-Junkie
gwadahunter2222
Jasconius
ambrose-euanthe
alliance
Jætte_Troll
Asuroth
Oldman40k2003
Shady Knight
Karbo
AisuKaiko
/Fish/
Silent_eric
Archmage_Bael
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Altered it a bit, tell me what you think.

This area is located in the northern part of the Akaptor Desert. The area passes off as just massive dunes, but in actuality are hundreds of massive quicksand pools, all funneling simultaneously. The sand around the edges of the quicksand sea has a sort of magnetism, and frequently lumps together forming what looks like short grass made from sand. It is the only noticable feature that would help travelers cross.

It is suspected that the reason why there is so much incredibly deep quicksand pouring out all over the upper region of the desert is because there used to be a swamp or wetland like terrain in the place of it. Explorers and Scholars have found some evidence from ruins that a large war took place there that burned about ninety five percent of the plant life was killed off. The quicksand formed as a result of ideal conditions in which the region was created.

The creatures that dwell in the sinking sand all feed off the excessive heat, and on some occasions have developed the natural ability to use fire magic (albeit somewhat tame, and untrained). Since a lot of them are attracted to heat, they will latch onto prey, and drag them underneath to feed on their body heat and not flesh.

P.S. it is rumored the quicksand is so deep it will take the victim all the way to pred-hell. (lol!) Evil laugh

edit: I changed the heat absorbtion liquid thing to just some kind of freak property; the sand-grass that forms. however that's not to say there aren't dead ends in the sand-grass, but on the other side, every path could also be a dead end, which would make it all the more deadly.. I thought it worked a bit better. The goal here is to try and give the sand some kind of property that makes it generally different from the rest of the desert.

Is the description usable Karbo?

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm

I think it's looking quie nice ^^ but I'm not very convinced by the heat absorption... somehow the characteristic appear to me to be thrown a bit out of the blue..

Jasconius : She was really totally random at the time I drew her ^^; so feel free to do anything you want with her ! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:26 am

re-edited it with a change to the sand properties.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:39 am

I don't think any info has been provided on the lakes in Lakeland other than their names.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 am

That's the "Oloonde Lakeland" right? I'll get around to that. I'm not sure what I should put for that though. I think on page 3 or so, Karbo listed some stuff he wanted with the areas that haven't been written about yet, when I imagine lakeland, I imagine it a series of elevated lakes all over the place with waterfalls pouring out into the pools below.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 am

Yep, that's the one. Here are the lakes there in case anyone want's to make a description for them.

Lake of Arrows
Lake of Souls
Sullon Lake
Stillmoon Pond
Mirror Sea
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:13 am

How did get the names? Did Karbo name them somewhere?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:13 am

I'll probably end up doing it pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
How did get the names? Did Karbo name them somewhere?

It's here, on the large map of Felarya in the top right-hand corner.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/327/9/0/Large_map_of_Felarya_by_Karbo.jpg

I might be interested in doing one of the lakes, such as the Lake of Souls. Anyone have any preferences for writing a description of one of the bodies of water?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am

Heh, I'll take a potshot at one.

Mirror Sea:

The Mirror Sea, despite being a lake, is named after its unique property of reflexion. Every once in a while, it creates a reflexion of whoever gazed into its water. The reflexion is not entirely sapient and doesn't last for very long. Some speculate that the reflexions are the residual effects caused by a powerful illusionist who casted multiple reflexions of the zone to confuse and escape a predator. Other speculates that the reflexions are caused by a dormant creature at the bottom of the lake. Whatever causes them is unknown. The reflexions are completely random. Sometimes, the reflextion of a Sphinx may suddenly appear behind an unsuspecting explorer and promptly eats him. Other times it's an animal which catches the attention of a predator.

Past this, I'm blank. I don't have that big creativity.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 am

Subarea

Oloonde Lakelands - Lake of Souls

The Lake of Souls , while not the largest of the lakes in Oloonde Lakelands, is definitely the deepest. Its waters are as black as night and as cold as ice. At its bottom lay the ruined remains of a grand ancient city, drowned long ago alongside its occupants during a mysterious occurrence. At its surface, a thick rolling fog hangs over the icy waters. Many have claimed to have seen figures in the fog which some claim are the lost souls of the people who once lived their, now bound to the lake as they are unable to pass on. They are reason for the lakes naming, alongside its terrible guardian. Within the inky waters is the home of a terrible beast, a mighty serpent as white as snow and whose hunger knows no end. Known only as the Whitefang, she is said to guard the city from those who would plunder its hidden riches and thus disturb the eternal rest of those who once lived there.

Last edited by Jasconius on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Oloonde Lakeland:

Lakeland is a region of felarya with many tales and myths about it. The region itself is barely traveled to by humans and nekos. Although the elves are rumored to have a secret dwelling somewhere within the area.

The region itself is known for the five major bodies of water connected through the web of streams flowing into each lake or pond. The most famous of the lakes are the Lake of Arrows, the Lake of Souls, Sullon Lake, Mirror Sea, and Stilutoon Pond. The area is very hilly, with elevated lakes and ponds spouting flowing waterfalls connected by crystal clear rivers. The abnormally clear lakes have become a spawning pool of many of the stories...

Sullon Lake:

A sub area of the Lakeland Network, Sullon Lake is an elevated lake that runs very deep. It is rumored that the reason it's so high is that the lake is actually resting above the canopies of a bunch of numerous trees. The trees were so thick and dense that it as somehow created a body of water flowing down into the Lake of Souls below. The watefall is is dozens of feet tall, but it is nowhere near as wide as chordoni's waterfall.

Aside from the rain, it is unclear where the source of this lake is from. Stories about Mermaids and Elves have spread ideas, but have not done justice.

Sullon lake is also surrounded by other tiny ponds and streams flowing forth, and the trees tend to be a lot thicker around than normal near the lake.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 am

This idea occurred to me, but perhaps their should be a wiki entry that lists all Earth species (past and present) that have established themselves in Felarya. I'm saying this as I've seen such creatures, like Megalodons, added to several aquatic stories (including my own), yet I am unsure whether or not their presence is now considered canon.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:32 pm

wow very nice work on these o.o
suddenly the Oloonde area is taking its stride. It's giving me a lot fo idea too Razz
Thank you it will be very helpful ^_^

Jasconius : I think some earth species could well establish themselves indeed. this is especially true in Miragia forest or the great rift ( Though indeed I tend to list mostly only strange species in the wiki ^^). That could well be the case for megalodons.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:46 pm

You can't have megalodons without giant octopi.

>>

<<

*runs*

But speaking of, I've been really bugged by the lack of a description for Selachis, the shark-hybrids. The more I see that, the more and more I think about how that's been empty. D: Does anyone have any ideas about that? Would Terra's shark girl be an accurate depiction of what Selachis are like?
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:33 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
You can't have megalodons without giant octopi.

>>

<<

*runs*

But speaking of, I've been really bugged by the lack of a description for Selachis, the shark-hybrids. The more I see that, the more and more I think about how that's been empty. D: Does anyone have any ideas about that? Would Terra's shark girl be an accurate depiction of what Selachis are like?

I hope so, cuz Jaz is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:36 am

added them ^^

Added the sea of sinking sand as well. However I went a bit far from the description, as I came up with ideas of my own while writting it. But thank you for the base, it was very helpful Smile

For the Oloonde lakeland, mhh before making the actual descriptions of each lake, I think it's better to know and establish what each of them are about ^^
I admit my ideas about them are very vague at this point. I essentially created the zone after my trip to China, where I was fascinated by a very beautiful region of lakes there Razz

So if you have ideas and suggestions, don't hesitate ! Wink
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:39 am

Maybe in this area (the lakeland) there could be tribes of native Felaryan humans? We see native nekos, but never humans (other than in Negav). It's something I've been meaning to look into for a while, without ever getting round to it.

I imagine some would dwell on the lakeside, while others would live inland in the forest, and these two types of tribes might trade.

Communities would be small, and semi-nomadic, keeping on the move within a defined territory so as to evade giant predators. Perhaps tribes would be subdivided into very small clans, with clans meeting up only on rare occasions. Though the membership within each clan would be very small (little more than family groups), the clans themselves would be numerous, due to the fact they often fall prey to predators.

They would need some means of evading predators. Perhaps they've mastered some form of concealment and illusion magic?

That's for the region as a whole, rather than the specific lakes. So as for the lakes... The Lake of Souls might litterally be a place where ghosts feel some impulsion to congregate. It might be an area filled with magic, attracting magic users who believe they can make the ghosts do their bidding. Any such attempt would be highly dangerous, due to the number and diversity of ghosts involved, and most magic wielders who approach the lake are never heard of again...

Or, of course, the name "Lake of Souls" may simply come from local legends claiming that, somewhere in or near the lake, there's a gateway to the realm of the dead, and that it's sometimes possible to pass through, one way or the other...

The Mirror Sea... A magical sea where your reflexion somehow takes on a life of its own?

Just random thoughts popping into my mind...
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:03 am

French snack wrote:
Maybe in this area (the lakeland) there could be tribes of native Felaryan humans? We see native nekos, but never humans (other than in Negav). It's something I've been meaning to look into for a while, without ever getting round to it.

I imagine some would dwell on the lakeside, while others would live inland in the forest, and these two types of tribes might trade.

Communities would be small, and semi-nomadic, keeping on the move within a defined territory so as to evade giant predators. Perhaps tribes would be subdivided into very small clans, with clans meeting up only on rare occasions. Though the membership within each clan would be very small (little more than family groups), the clans themselves would be numerous, due to the fact they often fall prey to predators.

They would need some means of evading predators. Perhaps they've mastered some form of concealment and illusion magic?

That's for the region as a whole, rather than the specific lakes. So as for the lakes... The Lake of Souls might litterally be a place where ghosts feel some impulsion to congregate. It might be an area filled with magic, attracting magic users who believe they can make the ghosts do their bidding. Any such attempt would be highly dangerous, due to the number and diversity of ghosts involved, and most magic wielders who approach the lake are never heard of again...

Or, of course, the name "Lake of Souls" may simply come from local legends claiming that, somewhere in or near the lake, there's a gateway to the realm of the dead, and that it's sometimes possible to pass through, one way or the other...

The Mirror Sea... A magical sea where your reflexion somehow takes on a life of its own?

Just random thoughts popping into my mind...
I did a little post on the Mirror Sea in the last page. The fact that some of the random reflexions would come to life would real amp it up.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:15 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
I did a little post on the Mirror Sea in the last page. The fact that some of the random reflexions would come to life would real amp it up.

Indeed; neat idea. Smile

Another thing, if there are native human tribes: Perhaps the lake dwellers would befriend giant mermaids to avoid being eaten. One way they could do that would be by establishing a nursery of sorts for baby giant mermaids: looking after them while mommy is out hunting. For giant mermaid mothers, this would be highly convenient, meaning they don't have to carry baby around while hunting. Just another random thought...
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 am

Perhaps there could be some floating cities in the lakelands. This could offer protection from land predators as long as the aquatic ones aren't as bad.

I noticed that the Shimmering Sea and Iracal Island have no information on them.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:33 am

Not exactly an undescribed entry, but I'm kinda curious what the summit of Frost Peak looks like.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Karbo wrote:
For the Oloonde lakeland, mhh before making the actual descriptions of each lake, I think it's better to know and establish what each of them are about ^^
I admit my ideas about them are very vague at this point. I essentially created the zone after my trip to China, where I was fascinated by a very beautiful region of lakes there Razz

If you tell us more about the lakes, it may give as an idea as to what you're thinking of, or if you already have ideas. Guessing blind might take a while.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:57 am

I have no real ideas on them yet.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Karbo wrote:
I have no real ideas on them yet.

alright,

well we have:

Lake of arrows -
Lake of Souls -
Sullon Lake -
Stillmoon Pond -
Mirror Sea -

French Snack said the "Lake of Souls" may simply come from local legends claiming that, somewhere in or near the lake, there's a gateway to the realm of the dead, and that it's sometimes possible to pass through, one way or the other...

and Sean said that some of the random reflexions would come to life

so there are two possibilites for those lakes, the lake of the arrows is the first lake an adventurer will run into before going anywhere else. Based on the whole "arrow" word, you could say that it's the lake symbolizes the rapid flight through the lakes, and once you enter past it's domain it will be hard to come back (sort of like how an arrow can't go backwards, if that makes any sense)

maybe the mist or environment around stillmoon pond makes it hard to move because it's beauty is so enchanting or something.

Also, Sullon lake is above a waterfall, so it's elevated on some hill or mountain I think, but there's no brown circular area dictating such, so I think it may be on a bunch of trees. It's height could also be symbolic somehow. Maybe to the pride of the guardians or something, because the world "sullon" we could say has a relation to an arcaic language?

mind you these are just ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

undescribed wiki entries
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next