Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas

Go down 
+29
Gamma
jedi-explorer
Grave
DarkOne
Sigurd
Darth_Nergal
asaenvolk
Stabs
Ilceren
Gabriel115
Nyaha
parameciumkid
keroko
FalconJudge
TheArchvile
Sehoolighan
Black Aquila
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Oldman40k2003
Slimetoad
Jasconius
Pendragon
Feadraug
Warrior3000
Karbo
Shady Knight
Archmage_Bael
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Also, I get that the Vishmital supplied the technology, but what technology did they supply that couldn't have come from most anywhere else?  If it's magitech, what kind of enchantments does it have on it, and what do they provide that a normal tank wouldn't have?  What kind of guns does the turret have?  Again, I can't really fault you for not having all the information we have now about what Vishmital are like; perhaps it would be more appropriate to redo the design anyway after we're mostly done with the Vishmital rework.

I get that you're trying to critique and help to make sure its fleshed out idea (either that or you just want to grind it into the dirt because you dont like it :p ) but that's like saying "the Normandy was codeveloped by Turians and Humans" then asking what the Turians gave, and what the Systems Alliance gave. Aside from the CIC we don't really know who did what. Bioware is a bit vague on that - and just as well since none of them are astrophysicists and (space!) engineers. Its the same thing here. How am I supposed to go through detail by detail and tell you who did what, and how?

If you have any idea though, let me know. Otherwise I'm not really sure what you're getting at other than asking for oddly specific detailed information on which side accomplished what?

This is a good point. Some people like science explained in their science fiction and some don't like it explained at all and even explained goofily like with flux capacitors and hydro spanners. Also saddly I have to point out our thread doesn't really list which Vishi techs, materials and such are available. Not to to that stage. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:58 am

Also the tread design helps the tank traverse parts of the terrain easier.
Back to top Go down
Bluehorizon
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Bluehorizon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:31 am

I'm going to get overly critical about this tank idea, first off, i'm with gamma in a sense that there's nothing that really makes it stand out. it sounds like a halo scorpion tank that could have some magic invovled and a high profile spherical turret. That's it really? so we got 5 meter mechas that try to stand out with this combi tank. There's nothing really that makes it stand out and it sounds typical :/ i know simplicity works at its best, but in this case it sounds over simplistic with no distinct attributes of why it sounds cool or interesting for the magiocrats and vishmital to designs such a thing other than bare bones operation, It doesn't even have a little better background flare like what department of the magio crats engineers decided to go ask vishmital engineers. I don't know it just sounds "average.

Also treads always beat wheels. Losing ligaments in a tread tank was rather an old weakness. For new ones you have to lose multiple ligiments to make it combat ineffective.
Back to top Go down
http://sovietkroshka.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Bluehorizon wrote:
I'm going to get overly critical about this tank idea, first off, i'm with gamma in a sense that there's nothing that really makes it stand out. it sounds like a halo scorpion tank that could have some magic invovled and a high profile spherical turret. That's it really? so we got 5 meter mechas that try to stand out with this combi tank. There's nothing really that makes it stand out and it sounds typical :/ i know simplicity works at its best, but in this case it sounds over simplistic with no distinct attributes of why it sounds cool or interesting for the magiocrats and vishmital to designs such a thing other than bare bones operation, It doesn't even have a little better background flare like what department of the magio crats engineers decided to go ask vishmital engineers. I don't know it just sounds "average.

Also treads always beat wheels. Losing ligaments in a tread tank was rather an old weakness. For new ones you have to lose multiple ligiments to make it combat ineffective.

First off...why is everyone so focused on the tank? I'm a little distressed that people are going for that idea and ignoring everything else.

That, and so what if the halo scorpion tank has 4 treads? I just realized that, but the idea of the 4 treats is a design that, as I said, is good for terrain. That's why I used it. For the lumps and stuff in the forest it'll be going through - and the spherical turret design is based of practicallity for the dramatic angle.

I also said felaryan materials. Felaryan silver could be used, as could various minerals - mazhir is like a battery. Though I don't know how tank engines work :V. Its the benefit of Felarya's materials and magic, combined with Vishmital ingenuity, I'm not quite sure what else you're asking for?

Anyway, there's Tel-Theris, Azetium, Takrit, Marvok's Quarry...
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 7:13 pm

You're right, it is a good design. Halo just came out, so that's why everyone is comparing.

And I think you're not too far off from the concept of tank power. It's like a car, except heavier and it has a bunch of firepower.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Pendragon wrote:
You're right, it is a good design. Halo just came out, so that's why everyone is comparing.

And I think you're not too far off from the concept of tank power. It's like a car, except heavier and it has a bunch of firepower.

Fair point, halo came out, but still. This came out more than a year before that ^^; It was a goofy idea at the time. I was only partially serious about it.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

Fair point, halo came out, but still. This came out more than a year before that ^^; It was a goofy idea at the time. I was only partially serious about it.

I was only partially serious when I wanted to write Felaryan Fanfiction. But 50 chapters of robots and giant schenanigans later, here we are. So "partially serious" can be partially tricky, and can even end up as a serious idea you can use. Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 5:57 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Uncommon

Takrit is a sedimentary rock, similar to sandstone (which is also sedimentary), and taking on a similar color as well. It is found semi-commonly underground and used to considered precious until traces of one of the larger deposits in Felarya was discovered right underneath where Negav is located when the ancient tunnels were dug thousands of years ago. However, the sediment also has micro-crystalline materials embedded into it from deep underground - in addition to a cementing material, where it has been subjected to pressure and heat enough to form into a stone much harder than sandstone. Due to the micro-crystalline materials it is also capable of being enchanted, and also transmuted as well.

When subjected to heat magic, the micro-crystalline substructure helps morph it into an even denser rock almost as strong as metamorphic. The refined Takrit is very smooth and a beautiful gold-like color. As such even poor housing districts in Negav look nicer than they would otherwise because of this stone's slightly altered properties.

Takrit is also often used as an aquifer for groundwater, or as a reservoir for oil and natural gas - especially when shipped off to other civilizations from the portal.[/spoiler]

I think the idea is interesting and I like the name ^^
But how do you see the Takrit looks in its raw form ? Basically on you "bake" ( for lack of better word ) bricks made of it, it turns into solid stone ?
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 10:40 am

Well, its a stone that gets mined/quarried just like any other stone.

I was just saying that you can either carve it into the blocks used for masonry and it will be perfectly fine for a wall or a house, or you can subject it to heat to "bake" it, and it will become denser, and probably result in a slightly more golden hue after its done, I imagine.

Sort of like how in minecraft you have regular [material here], and refined [material here].
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Myth Ideas!:

Asherala's Chosen

This is a legendary group of warriors, which trace the history of their small order all the way back to the war with the Correctors thousands of years ago! Asherala took her personal leftennant, and gathered her with thirty nine additional members, altogether made the forty strongest warriors of all the Crimson Wood. Back in the war they all fought together, formed stories and had their own customs. Their songs, the way they ate together sometimes, and in their burial.

Asherala's Chosen is still around today, and as it was back then can only have a total of forty warriors at any given time, period. Entry can only be opened when one them dies. Entry conditions change from era to era, but one thing has not: that this is the biggest honor a fairy can possibly receive. They serve Asherala herself, and are still headed by her leftennant - they are very traditionalist in their customs. This includes the basic requirement that crimson maidens need to have full crimson maiden blood in them.

There is a secret cave that leads to a sealed burial chamber that the order uses. Here one can find the warriors preserved and buried in a nicely masoned and simple, yet elegant chamber. The oldest warriors are toward the front of the tomb, from the time of their founding war, with the tomb expanded as required for the newer members to be preserved further and further back. Each stone coffin is perfectly sealed and placed within a "shelf" on the walls of the tomb. A plaque in front of each warrior has a blood print of the other thirty nine members, always excluding the newest member - as they wouldn't have been chosen yet.

It is now very rare to see them all at once, and they do not mobilize as a whole unless a grave threat has challenged their society.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Lumenoss

Lumenoss is an interesting type of plant that grows in dark places. Many believe it to be a variant of a plant which grows in evernight forest, as it seems to thrive in the darkest places. It is similar to a weed in that it can grow almost anywhere, but it produces a beautiful alluring glow when it is in full bloom. Its Blueish light provides an illuminated path along which it grows, and anyone who steps on it must be wary, for underneath the budding flower are spores which release when crushed, poisoning the surrounding area. If a corpse lands close enough to the plant it will spread onto their body, and use it as fertilizer to accelerate and reproduce more. Sometimes this causes major problems in congested walkways, and also to be used as traps. It is possible to spread the whole weed out along the entire walkway like a glowing blue flowery floor of death. It is for this reason it is also known as the "Light of Death".

When the flower finishes its bloom cycle it buds into an interesting fruit, like a very meaty tomato which will also glow blue. For this reason many people think it is poisonous as well but is really quite nutritious. Those societies which dwell in caves use this plant often as a light source, a source of defense, and nutrition.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Westwater Kenshas

The "Westwater Kenshas" are a gang organized within the more robust parts of Negav and its underground. Most of their territorial influence is on the western portion of Negav, near 'The Pit', where it is very dangerous. They trace their beginnings to the end of the Great Destruction, when the predators were driven out and chaos had enveloped the survivors. As such they had formed strict rules of respect and protection in order to gain support.

Currently they are one of the larger known gangs in Negav, but their rules are still held very strictly and as a matter of pride. Not everyone is privy to them though - only the official members of the gang are allowed to know it, not the prospective members. There are a lot of repetitive occurrences of 'respect', and unlike most other gangs, they do not discriminate toward other races - which is an aspect they are rather fond of, seeing themselves as a bit more mature than other organizations within Negav. It is also not surprising considering the leader of the gang is a human sized Naga. However, that is all that is known about him (or her). This also causes a lot more minority groups who are disenfranchised to cluster around their territory.

They own several bars and shops throughout their territory, and violence is something they aren't a stranger to, and in fact sometimes used the same way others might use language. People who are mistreated or even raped will find them to be like a group of avenging angels, even to their own members. They are a more professional gang though and less of a band of thugs, so they are often skirting the lines of the law. Though the violence is very contained within the 'center' of their ring, the further out you go, the more dangerous it becomes. Like anywhere in the darker parts of Negav, if you slip off into the shadows you could easily disappear.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Dumancal

Dumancal is a massive set of ruins far to the south east, past the Dridder Forest, past the Mist Ocean, all the way out near the Kryromia Fields. This particular place takes on the appearance of an abandoned city. It is wedged between the flower forest, the more regular looking forest, and up against a mountain that naturally protects the majority of its backside with a massive wall around the front, and a secondary wall in front of that one. The odd part about this city though, is how intact it is. It is completely and utterly abandoned, with no signs of a struggle of any kind. That isn't the weirdest part about it though - no evidence has been found, despite how intact it is, of the ones who actually lived there in the first place. It looks as if everyone got up and left, or mysteriously vanished. The city has been remarkably well preserved.

It is for this reason it has been casually referred to as the "Mysterious City" as it is still devoid of any inhabitants to this day. Unfortunately the forebears of it decorated the walls not with hieroglyphs, runes, or pictures that would tell its tale, but with swirling, elegant Celtic designs, the closest likeness is of ancient Inu and Naga decorations, but even then it is still quite different from Inus, and not enough evidence of Naga culture has been gathered to provide and adequate relation. The mountainside behind it has several caves leading deep inside, where mine shafts can be found. Not much of the city has been explored, as only two adventuring parties have ever managed to make it all the way out there and back. In fact, the city was only discovered about fifty years ago - but after the first party came back with an impressive haul of riches, it has sparked much curiosity into its origin, making it a recent and very popular subject for scholars to theorize about.

---

I want the city to remain a mystery as a whole. So things like "What about facilities, how it functioned" and all these millions of other details you can think of that are absent serve as a point to its mystery. Who built it, when it was built, why it was abandoned...those aren't mentioned intentionally, though I'm assuming you guys could figure that out Razz

Also I wanted to make a relation to Inu and Naga culture, but also partially to nagas as well, because although it is recognized at some point in history they had an actual society, its been devoid of development. Though "celtic designs" aren't really shown. I feel like Karbo's designs of structures are more Mesopotamia or Aztec designs. I feel like Celtic would be a bit of a change, making it more unique.

---

Temple of Gerrulith

Located at the bottom of the lake directly south of the Marzan Scar, that connects to an enclosed bay at the south ocean. This temple has been dedicated to a mermaid goddess, whos statue can be seen at the entrance. Once every 25 years, the lake mysteriously drains to a near empty level, and stays that way for a month before filling back up. What causes this process is unknown, but it is extremely precise in its timing, and this is exactly what helped the mermaids build the foundation for the temple itself. Gradually over an incredibly long period of time, this temple has been built, improved, and kept up by local mermaids whom have banded together for protection.

This temple remains in active service to this day, and will take in any stray mermaids that find themselves separated from their parents or school. They help orphans, and are quite friendly. Unfortunately, they have never seen any humans whatsoever as they are very separated from the world above the surface.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 11:53 am

These aren't super big idea posts, but they're ideas. If anyone wants to help expand on them, feel free. Or critique. I love comments of any kind Smile

Etomal Mountain Range

The Etomal Mountain Range is near the coast far to the west of the Shimmering Sea, all the way in the Far Lands. It starts from some foothills that support the odd crystalline shapes that reside there. The range itself is incredibly long, and easily one of the largest in all of Felarya, reaching far all the way to the backside of the continent. Many rich metals reside there, common ones near the surface at the top, but large troves of metals that are rare, even to felarya, are housed there a good kilometer deep at least, going even further along large open subterranean "caves". Some of these caves even have mysterious forms of life that illuminate them, and grow specifically in this darkness, similar to the environment in the Evernight Forest. In the middle of the Etomal Mountain Range exists a particularly massive volcano, which typically spews lava out North on the other side of the mountains from the forest, and plays as home to the Lava Elementals.

Ascarlin Caves

Somewhere north of the Marzan Scar lies a point where a cave opens up into a huge underground chasm. Unlike most chasms, this one is so enormous it has its own weather system inside. Thin fog hovers around in the center, with a few floating rocks containing Eidoron in the center. The walls of the cave itself toward the bottom house veins of Ascarlin that are untouched, and whereas Negav has speculated the existence of a possible other source of the unique 'Dreamstone'. However, where their speculation ends, exists a definitive source that has yet to be claimed or mined. The source of the Ascarlin reaches south from the cave back to the underground beneath the Marzan Scar, creating another large source of Ascarlin in the realm.

There also lacks any signs of civilization above ground. Though it is believed that to the west of Ascarlin Caves exist a large population of Centaurs, and Nature Elementals which fiercely guard this area alongside the Earth elementals which reside closer toward Lamina.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Tome of Jherzadacar-Kyl-D'riamma
Legendary Artifact

This is the most ancient book that has been recorded to exist. It is easily ten thousand years old, dating back all the way to the Era of Mirages. It contains some of the deepest knowledge and theories that most mages today would never even be able to imagine, as well as knowledge about dimensional magic, air based magic, and some other types including the essence of how creatures connect to one another on a magical level. There is no known author, but it is speculated to have been written by an Air Elemental who was a survivor during the Corrector War. It is also a book which exists within Negav, under direct care of the council. The book has a lot of historical content in it as well, and is quite thick and heavy. The size of the book itself is enormous with small text on the inside, and seems to contain its own mana supply.

Text is not the only way it stores messages either- with inscribed runes on the pages, seemingly drawings, but a mage with deeper understanding can activate these runes and 'experience' the message the book has to convey as well.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:23 am

Good ideas here ^^

I especially like the Dumancal one. I can imagine sprawling ruins with maybe large flowers growing here and there. Visually it's very unique ^^  And the name sounds good too XP  I'm not really sure about the traces of a naga and inu culture though.. The two coexisting seem a little odd perhaps ?

For the Ascarlin cave..  the name is maybe a little too similar to the Ascarlin mines but that idea of a chasm so huge it has its own micro climate is awe-inspiring ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 2:09 pm

It was meant as a suggestion, that two non human races could live together outside of Negav's discriminating ideals. It can easily be changed to whatever you want though.

As for the Ascarlin Cave, I agree. It needs a much better name. I wasn't sure what to call it myself.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
It was meant as a suggestion, that two non human races could live together outside of Negav's discriminating ideals. It can easily be changed to whatever you want though.

As for the Ascarlin Cave, I agree. It needs a much better name. I wasn't sure what to call it myself.

Perhaps you need to think of a local name for what Ascarlin is called. This place is far from Negav no? Negav is where Ascarlin got it's name I'm pretyt sure but we know it's called Dream Stone in some parts of the world so think of another name for Ascarlin and thus you'll find the solution. ^_^ Hope that helped. I've been off my game lately but you see to be rock steady as ever.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 7:10 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:

Perhaps you need to think of a local name for what Ascarlin is called. This place is far from Negav no? Negav is where Ascarlin got it's name I'm pretyt sure but we know it's called Dream Stone in some parts of the world so think of another name for Ascarlin and thus you'll find the solution. ^_^ Hope that helped. I've been off my game lately but you see to be rock steady as ever.

Dreamstone Caverns might work. Or the Aqua Depths. Misleading name intentionally as the blue blue-teal color of Ascarlin could reflect and make the whole place have a slightly blueish color to it.

Grotto of Infinite Depths

Somewhere north of the Marzan Scar lies a point where a cave opens up into a huge underground chamber. Unlike most caves, this one is so enormous it has its own weather system inside. Thin fog hovers around in the center, with a few floating rocks containing Eidoron in the center. The walls of the cave itself toward the bottom of the main chamber house veins of Ascarlin that are untouched, and whereas Negav has speculated the existence of a possible other source of the unique 'Dreamstone'. However, where their speculation ends, exists a definitive source that has yet to be claimed or mined. The source of the Ascarlin reaches south from the cave back to the underground beneath the Marzan Scar, creating another large source of Ascarlin in the realm.

The blueish hue of the ascarlin reflects off into the atmosphere, creating a beautiful blueish atmosphere throughout the main chamber. Luminescent moss and glowing crystals help illuminate this massive cavern naturally. Little caves are also found within the Grotto that reach into depths far below the main chamber, but they get increasingly more treacherous, no sentient being has ever explored it fully - leaving only rumors about the natural treasures that lie below.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 11:09 am

I'm ok to add Dumancal with a couple of little tweaks ^^ I like the idea of a temple near Kryromia fields and there is that mention of remnants of civilization in the mist ocean indeed so it just fits nicely in. Do you agree with the disclaimer? Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 11:38 am

Mhm, I sure do Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 1:25 pm

This is a bit silly, but why not?

Urchins
Threat Level: Varies

These small humanoid creatures vaguely resemble tales of trolls and goblins, but with smoother features. Nobody knows how they came into being, but are widely regarded as the 8th most annoying creature in the universe.

They have several qualities, all of which help them with their natural tendency to steal things both on purpose and on accident. They are intensely kleptomaniacs, and produce the most annoying giggle when chased. They are far faster than they look, despite their wobbly run. If caught their skin is naturally slick, as if some kind of film protects them, making it feel similar to catching a wet fish with your bare hands. However, what adds to this, is how they will teleport small distances, and its always against their will. They involuntarily pop in and out of places while under stress, and still maintain that ever so famous chuckle of theirs.

They are natural foragers and herbivores, and reproduce like rabbits. However, their meat is extremely delicious, if one can actually manage to catch it.

Urchins also gather in large groups sometimes, and will prey on anybody's valuables whether that person is a giant naga, or a simple adventurer. As creatures of near-human intelligence they are interested in anything they can get their grubby little hands on.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
This is a bit silly, but why not?

Urchins
Threat Level: Varies

These small humanoid creatures vaguely resemble tales of trolls and goblins, but with smoother features. Nobody knows how they came into being, but are widely regarded as the 8th most annoying creature in the universe.

They have several qualities, all of which help them with their natural tendency to steal things both on purpose and on accident. They are intensely kleptomaniacs, and produce the most annoying giggle when chased. They are far faster than they look, despite their wobbly run. If caught their skin is naturally slick, as if some kind of film protects them, making it feel similar to catching a wet fish with your bare hands. However, what adds to this, is how they will teleport small distances, and its always against their will. They involuntarily pop in and out of places while under stress, and still maintain that ever so famous chuckle of theirs.

They are natural foragers and herbivores, and reproduce like rabbits. However, their meat is extremely delicious, if one can actually manage to catch it.

Urchins also gather in large groups sometimes, and will prey on anybody's valuables whether that person is a giant naga, or a simple adventurer. As creatures of near-human intelligence they are interested in anything they can get their grubby little hands on.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Ohhh I love that. At first I though it was going to be a pure humor article on just normal homeless child humanoids then you reveal they are in fact mysterious creatures of some kind and it doubles the value of the article! Very fun and I liked also how you aknowledged some predator's carry loot and gear. I bet everyone got the same idea I did if they wanted to feature these creatures terrorizing some predator: Subeta. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:27 am

jedi-explorer wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha! Ohhh I love that. At first I though it was going to be a pure humor article on just normal homeless child humanoids then you reveal they are in fact mysterious creatures of some kind and it doubles the value of the article! Very fun and I liked also how you aknowledged some predator's carry loot and gear. I bet everyone got the same idea I did if they wanted to feature these creatures terrorizing some predator: Subeta. Evil laugh

Just imagine if they invade her secret hidey area from the manga. Lol. Then she chases them all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 4:16 am

hahaha yes that could be one of the rare instance where you could see a mad Subeta XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next