Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas

Go down 
+29
Gamma
jedi-explorer
Grave
DarkOne
Sigurd
Darth_Nergal
asaenvolk
Stabs
Ilceren
Gabriel115
Nyaha
parameciumkid
keroko
FalconJudge
TheArchvile
Sehoolighan
Black Aquila
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Oldman40k2003
Slimetoad
Jasconius
Pendragon
Feadraug
Warrior3000
Karbo
Shady Knight
Archmage_Bael
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:14 am

Yeah thank you, I edited it a bit. Is it any better?
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:01 am

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:59 pm

The Chuck Bar

This is an item that can be found in the Archmage Cafe, often coming in two sizes, a medium and extra large size. It is filled with many types of food (and comes vegetarian if you don't want meat), not only making the sandwich thick, but also very tasty. Many Negavians that like to eat competitively will train with this. It's also a rumor that eating this sandwich will help the person become more muscular. This is just one of the Archmage Cafe's signature meals.

Rumor has it that the sandwich was named after a well known adventurer who was the first person to make this awesome sandwich. The adventurer supposedly saved his own life by offering the sandwich as an offering to a predator.
-------

Just fooling around with this one, I know it's a bit short, but hey, what can I put with a sandwich? XD

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
The Chuck Bar

This is an item that can be found in the Archmage Cafe, often coming in two sizes, a medium and extra large size. It is filled with many types of food (and comes vegetarian if you don't want meat), not only making the sandwich thick, but also very tasty. Many Negavians that like to eat competitively will train with this. It's also a rumor that eating this sandwich will help the person become more muscular. This is just one of the Archmage Cafe's signature meals.

-------

Just fooling around with this one, I know it's a bit short, but hey, what can I put with a sandwich? XD

Does it also make you bald and grow big eyebrows?
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 pm

omgYES! maybe that's how what's his name in the vore manga ended up looking like that? X3
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 pm

I guess you could say you "chuck"ed every food you could imagine into it.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
omgYES! maybe that's how what's his name in the vore manga ended up looking like that? X3

Of course! I pictured the Chuck Bar more of a bar and less of a sandwhich.

Does it also give you a New Jersey Accent? (Okay, okay, I'll stop) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 am

the Inderessil Gorge idea is nice Smile
It's intruiguing visually and nicely described. good job ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Oh thank you. I haven't been around in a while. I have a lot of things I need to catch up on with finals coming up and fanime right ahead @_@

I'm glad you like the Gorge though Very Happy Is there anything I might be able to improve upon?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Alright, I've had these ideas floating around for a while, I think it's best to just post what I have and mold it into something better from critiques here instead of asking around on messenger and vent. I'm going to post it as if in a chat and not complete ideas/paragraphs yet.

"something"-growth (need a name in place of "something")

Taking similar qualities from moss, this goo-like substance will grow on trees in wet and lush areas has a clear blueish-green tint to it, and sparkles dimly during the night. It also eats up the water, but also takes the magic from the soil and water the tree or dryad will use as well. It's a layer of goo that spread around the trunk, mostly the bottom portions of it, and fans out like a sort of dress, albeit not as frilly. This growth sucks the magic up just like a normal parasite would however, but it does provide for a surprisingly delicious and nutritional snack for passerby.

Due to what this growth feeds off of, and it's persistence to stick to wood, Dryads in particular find this an annoyance to deal with.

(Insert mineral name here) - Here I figured we have a couple minerals that absorb magic and release it like batteries to the Felaryan world, but what about this~?

This mineral looks like normal rocks on first glance, forming in mountainous areas like any other mineral, ore, or other kind of rock or crystal. However, When brought in contact with an ore or element like Mazhir or Actinite, elements that absorb magic like a rechargable battery. When it reacts to a nearby ore or element, it glows, and exhibits a property. [I'm unsure whether it should be heat, or electricity, or something else] This event makes this element extremely valuable to non-magical science experts who need a base of measurement for magic. It is malleable with similar aspects to that of iron, and can be used in scanning devices to register how intense a magical field or aura might be, among other applications with a general need for magical measurement.

Curiously, this ore does not tend to grow near Mazhir or Actinite, and was discovered on accident by a passing miner.

~~~~

That's what I have so far, like I said, rough ideas, I still don't know what color either item will glow in, or react in, nor do I have any idea as to why the ore does not grow near the other elements. I thought that touch would seem a bit more like your typical Murphy's Law moment. Obviously to detect said elements you'd need a sort of dowser with a magical battery like device. Also, since it hides like an normal rock, it'd be difficult to spot with the naked eye. Terra Elves may be able to spot it with their eyes though, however.

Also, Mara has a fairy song :3

"Little people, on the hillside, little people made of cookie dough!
Little people in the forest, little people all are sweet.
There's a meaty one, and a juicy one, and a sweet one, and a bony one!
They're all made out of cookie dough, and they all taste very sweet!"

Actually I've just had the song "Little Boxes" stuck in my head all weekend. X3
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Alright, I've had these ideas floating around for a while, I think it's best to just post what I have and mold it into something better from critiques here instead of asking around on messenger and vent. I'm going to post it as if in a chat and not complete ideas/paragraphs yet.

"something"-growth (need a name in place of "something")

Taking similar qualities from moss, this goo-like substance
So it's basically lichen.

Archmage_Bael wrote:
(Insert mineral name here) - Here I figured we have a couple minerals that absorb magic and release it like batteries to the Felaryan world, but what about this~?
Magnetite is iron ore that has been magnetised. It interacts with normal iron via magnetism I reckon this should be a variant of Mazhir that interacts with normal Mazhir (etc) via magic.
The question is, why would it only react to Mazhir and Actinite?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:23 pm

yes, thank you: unpolished. needs work still.

It reacts to elements that absorb magic. Though said mineral has to be in close proximity. Why? I dunno, that's always hard to answer. How? Still don't know: unpolished idea, but very useful. We have magic and science, but neither seem really connected, even with magitech.

Still though, it reacts to Mazhir and Actinite because those two elements absorb magic. Does it react to those two specifically? No. Any element that absorbs magic it would react to, this makes it easy to make some kind of measuring device out of so scientists would be able to play with magic and be able to get readings in a way that they can understand. This would make it easier for scientists to develop devices that can be influenced by magic, and make a device that's compatible.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:27 am

Needs a litle work, but it's looking nice in execution.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Thanks. All I need now are ideas and critiques Razz
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Uh... you may want to brush up on your Geo-science terminology...

Minerals form crystals that have a consistent chemical formula and molecular structure, which are aggregated together to form rock.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks. I'm terrible with that field.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Here is a fine tuned version of the Growth, with a new creature~

Gilach Growth

This lichen is very peculiar, taking properties of bacteria and having a gooey substance colored in a blueish-green tint. The plant, or goo rather, makes a somewhat moderate sized layer over the trunk of a tree, or a dryad's trunk like a fitting dress without frills. Another beneficial note is that the goo does not grow higher than the trunk of the tree or Dryad. During the night, the plant glows faintly, which either signals to adventurers a nightlight, or tells them there's a [possibly] sleeping Dryad nearby. The goo-like substance does not take nutrients from the soil, however, just water and magic, sapping the food source of the dryad, and additionally it tends to engorge the appetite of the Dryad it's attached to. Additionally, the substance has an upside to it - that is, being rather delicious when eaten, and is quite healthy. However, this goo often attracts herbivores, and will eat it off the tree or Dryad. Though typically Dryads let the creatures eat the goo off their trunk first before eating the animal, since the Growth doesn't digest well in dryads.

Marzaridan

This creature is an herbivore, resembling a four legged furry lizard about six to fifteen feet long, sometimes reaching as long as twenty feet. They are blue-ish green, just like the Gilach Growth they often attach themselves too. Their daily lives involve frequent hiding, and hunting for more growth to feed on, or hide with. However, when on a dryad, they usually manage to hide in broad daylight because their fur colors match the Growth to such an extreme that it produces nearly a perfect chameleon effect. This creature is completely harmless to anything else however, but are often eaten rapidly when spotted by Dryads infested with the growth. Some Dryads however will not always eat the lizards and instead keep them as pets, resisting the urge to gobble up the poor lizards.

~~~~~~

edit: I changed the second word to "lichen" as apparently that's what it takes after. Not that it matters to me much though.

Back to top Go down
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Well your ideas seem to go well with each other, very clever goal of a somewhat ideal ecosystem. De lichen grows on de dryads, de Marzaridan eat de lichen which are then consumed by de dryad, who then allows more lichen to grow. Therefore a well thought out small ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:56 am

It's well thought out. That's all I can really say about it.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:18 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
It's well thought out. That's all I can really say about it.

Well that's enough for me, I'll take that comment gladly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:35 am

Liking these ideas Bael. Keep em coming.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Here's my latest realm idea to munch on. I figure a new idea will help relax people's minds a little and get us back in Felarya spirit.

Er, I *think* its relatively undeveloped, as a lot of the time my *developed* ideas are written more "on the spot".

Land of the Mirror Sky

Land of the Mirror Sky is a realm with heavy forestation, lots of mountains and plateaus congested into an incredibly large area on the southern tip of the main Felaryan continent. Instead of having intense magical concentration, it's more or less the opposite, with instead what one might describe as "wells of magic" scattered numerously across the land everywhere, and in no particularly organized fashion. These wells have sucked the magic content from the areas around it into itself, and radiate them back out with these wells as the source. A lot of the areas in between [the wells] are left dry, but the ones that are "wet" with magic, are almost overpoweringly so. These wells can look like mammoth crystallization or deep holes in the ground leading into chasms and caves.

The radiated magic tends to float upward into the sky, and for some bizarre reason, Mirrors the land it's connected to into the sky and can be seen by the naked eye placed above it almost as if that is the sky itself. However, the "illusion" or "duplicate" land is duplicated with the same effects as the land that that it's mirroring. The trees will recycle carbon dioxide just like the trees on the ground, and it even goes so far as the duplication and/or illusion of the wells of magic as well! Land that is closest to the wells will appear solid, but land furthest away will appear more see-through. The wells of magic produce the same effect, mirroring right back at the ground, but since there is already a land there, it meets the magic well's magic from the ground in the middle of the atmosphere and creates an intense aurora every night. In addition, the trees and plant's oxygen will be met and intensified, and create a state of oxygen that is almost unhealthy to breath.

However, only plants and terrain are mirrored, so a Dridder wont be able to look upward to see a mirror of them-self and summon it. Also, destroying the Mirror verson of a plant in the sky won't destroy the original plant on the ground since the Mirror isn't linked to it's source by the "spirit" if you will. The Mirror only makes an illusionary duplicate of something that's directly rooted in the soil.

This land might seem bizarre and strange for creatures who don't live there, but for the imperialistic Dridders of the area that have adapted to live here seem to accept it as is. Though the Dridders of the area are scattered into what seems to be many many clans that fight each other in hopes for being the main Dridder clan that everyone follows, and that will lead their people onto victory elsewhere. The only knowledge of the land mirrored above was taken from Harpies that have managed to fly all the way up to and explore it.

````

Anyway, I'm kind of unsure how to word it so the oxygen really is pure enough to the point where its almost unhealthy, and I'm also unsure how this really sounds to anyone else, but I think its a cool idea at least. I need to keep developing the Shatterock Caldera though instead of going off on idea tangents Razz

edited slightly.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Serevita

This is a realm of Heaven that residents of Felarya find themselves in as a part of their heavenly journey into the afterlife. After they reach "Serevita" they must deal with the emotional burdens that they are left with upon death.
Most people are still rendered traumatized from their experience being eaten (in some times horrific ways) and/or watching themselves be digested with their comrades, and some people are troubled because they still want to be with a loved one, and were killed by other means. Either way, these unfortunate events are often taken care of by the Angels residing here, and help them try to move on, and accept what happened.

This is the post death psychology, and every Angel will provide loving comfort for those who have led good lives and met the unfortunate end. However, this is not an "arrival" world. People who weren't traumatized wont necessarily find themselves wandering here, as this is only one part of the many many planes of heaven. Though, just the same - when someone arrives, they are immediately feeling the warmth and safety aura of the angels of heaven wafting through them.

This realm lives just like heaven though, beautifully adorned rooms and hallways, serene courtyards with lush, beautiful plant life different from Felarya (but native to Heaven). Some times people refuse to leave Serevita until their loved one comes through the gates. However, most will learn to accept what happened, and then an angel will lead them to the main realm of Heaven where they can be fully at peace.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:15 am

mhh that's a nice idea ^^

And I missed that Mirror sky land but I like what you imagined here. Visually it can be very beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks. I tried to make it truly extraordinary as its a region pretty far away from the main part of the Felaryan continent ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas   Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archmage_Bael's Library of Ideas
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next