Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What lies beyond the portal?

Go down 
+3
Riverman
Irrelevant
Mortis
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

What lies beyond the portal? Empty
PostSubject: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:51 pm

The RP forum has become a little more active than usual so Im going to start my very first RP! Smile

(EDIT) This rp is full now. Don't join it without permission. If you have a pred character and you are interested in joining then send me a pm.

Rules are:
>No god-modding.
>No killing or eating anyone else without their permission.
>You CAN play as a pred char if you want and he/she doesn't have to be friendly, but remember the above rule. ^

Please post a link to your char bios before you post, I like to know what im dealing with.
You can start anywhere with any characters (up to 2 per person)

My bio is here: https://felarya.forumotion.com/character-discussion-f16/edit-mortis-bio-revised-hopefully-not-as-cliche-now-_-t2171.htm
Read it. The backstory is necessary.

I am also writing a story with my character but it has nothing to do with this rp.

<

Mortis looked around him in shock. He didn't really think the portal would actually work! The tree-less plains of his homeplanet had changed into a lush jungle that went on for miles in all directions. The stormy rainclouds that had been lingering in the sky were replaced by a blank blue sky and a glaring sun. Thunder and lightning gave way to the ambient, peaceful sound of the wilderness.

Felarya... he was finally here.

He knew the answer to his condition awaited him somewhere in this dimension but he had no idea where to start looking. For all he knew, this entire planet could have no sentient beings on it at all! He quickly cast his doubts aside and walked off into the jungle. He admired the scenery as he walked and enjoyed the unfamiliar sounds. But despite his surroundings being very pretty, he felt that there was something very wrong about this place. The trees and plants seemed to watch his every move, daring him to put a foot out of place. The atmosphere was tense, like something was about to jump out at him.

Mortis finally stopped at a clearing and found a nice shady spot under a tree. The portal summoning ritual had taken a lot out of him. He decided that here was as good a place as any to stop and rest for a while. He sat beneath the tree and took out his silver canteen. After taking a few gulps of the bubbling liquid inside he nearly retched. Despite having been drinking the stuff for well over 50 years, he had never gotten used to the taste...

Keeping one eye open, he relaxed under the tree and plotted his next move.

(Sorry for it being a bit short, Im new to this.)

Last edited by Mortis on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:44 pm

((Well, this thread was an excellent excuse to finally read your character's bio. I loved it. It gave more than enough backstory, but the extra, unnecessary details, rather than making me think, "Ugh, just get on with it already," made me feel more like, "Wow, this is all very interesting to read about. Sure, it isn't 100% relevant to what I need to know about him OOC, but it's all very well-reasoned, balanced and just plain fun to read about." There is only ONE complaint on my part, and it is a very, very, very, very small one. When he was in a sort of holding cell awaiting his execution, why did the guards allow him to have his satchel inside the cell with him, with the very book that had had the demon inside of it inside his satchel? Other than that, flawless, and I loved every single bit of it. Here's my character's current bio, and if allowed into this thread, I can't wait to see how things go. Thank you. ^.^

Edit: TL;DR Mind if I enter this? Here's my character. ))

Last edited by Irrelevant on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 pm

(Mind if I enter this? Here are my two characters. )
Back to top Go down
http://cellthirteen.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 am

Riverman wrote:
(Mind if I enter this? Here are my two characters. )

Sure you can start whenever you want. Smile
Same for you Irrelevant

Last edited by Mortis on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:46 am

(( ._.; ))
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:49 am

Elsewhere two people walked down a dirt path through the jungle as if were just another park at the city. The one of the left was a massive burly man dressed in camouflage with a high caliber sniper rifle on his back and sunglasses on his eyes. He also wore a long red coat and what appeared to be a pirate hat. The other was a tall muscular woman dressed in a martial arts gee. She had a large sword on her hip and a sack stuffed with various items slung over her back.

Kale and Evellic were traveling to Negav to rest after their latest job had ended in disaster when their employers were eaten by a mermaid. Luckily they had some moderately valuable items that could be sold to the merchant Earl. So the whole ordeal wasn't a complete waste of time and Kale seemed to be having fun with his new getup.

"Argh. I could surely go for a keg of rum right now." Kale spoke while inspecting his revolver.

Evellic rolled her eyes. "I know. You've been saying it for days. Lucky for you we're almost there so-"

The two suddenly stopped walking and kale raised his revolver. "Something be watching us and I don't care much for it."[left]
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Mortis pondered whether he should camp right here or try to find a settlement. If one even existed. For all he knew, the planet may not have any humans on it at all! He pulled his book out of his satchel and flicked through it. He had read it thousands of times now and knew it like the back of his hand. But sometimes the glyphs would rearrange themselves into new words that weren't there before. Sometimes the book directly contradicted itself and sometimes it made no sense at all. Mortis doubted he would ever fully understand it.

Suddenly, movement caught his eye. A large man and an equally large woman were walking down the dirt path next to the clearing. He sighed with relief. There really was sentient life here after all! However he had no idea if they were friendly so he quickly got up, hid in a nearby bush and watched them. Both of them looked ready for a fight. The man wore a pirate hat which he found rather strange.

Just then, they both stopped and the man raised a revolver. They wore both looking around suspiciously, as if they knew he was there. Mortis went a bit further into the bush, hoping they wouldn't spot him.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 pm

"Aww, damn," Eraiya stated gleefully in the man's ear. "It's no fun if you know you're being watched! Ah well; I suppose I should just go ahead and reveal myself, seein' as how you seem friendly enough and all that." From an inconspicuous patch of ground some five feet or so in front of the pair of strangers, he pulled himself out through a portal, coming from who knows where, his body appearing to phase into existence right where it seemed to meet the ground. Once he was on his feet, he dispelled all recently created portals- not because creating and maintaining small numbers of them put any sort of strain on his mind or body, but simply because the more he created, the greater the chance that he might accidentally link two of the wrong ones together one day; the more he had in existence, the more he had to remember the locations of- and extended a hand to shake the man and woman's, as a sign of respect for each of them.

"Alright, so I've met one hostile person- successfully managed to turn 'em friendly- met two friendly people, and now there's you two. I apologize for keeping an eye on both of you from a distance, but I had to make sure that you two wouldn't kill me on sight for whatever reason. A little paranoia goes a long way, you know. Oh, and don't mind the fact that I'm speaking more loudly than usual. Normally I'd be using a noticeably quieter voice, but I want to make sure that that other person can hear us, too- yes, he knows who he is. Chances are he's just watching us for the same reason I was watching you- just to make sure that you wouldn't needlessly attack someone on sight. I'm sure he'll come out whenever he feels ready to and, as such, see no reason to give away his location. Now that I've gotten all that out of the way, I must finish by saying that I love your pirate hat, your pirate accent, and I'll finally quit rambling now so that you two- and possibly even that other guy, if he decides to join in the fun- can finally get a word in edgewise! How does that sound to ya?"

The fact that he was so talkative was a clear sign that he was in a good mood, somewhat energetic- possibly even eager or a little impatient, as if waiting on something to happen.
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 am

The two looked at each other before Kale spoke up. "Ar, I be Gigantic John Kale and the las next to me is my first mate Evellic The Johnless. Now I know not what be transgressing here but I have much more important matters to attend to than talking to some random swab."

"What he means to say is that we're kind of busy with something else." Evellic said. "We're on our way to Negav to sell this stuff we looted from the remains of those pirates we traveled with."
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Putting the hand he had extended back into one pocket, it took every ounce of self-restraint Eraiya had in him to keep himself from laughing at.. "Gigantic John Kale's" accent. There was no way that that was his real accent!.. Was it? Well, whether it was or not, he made sure to keep his laughter to himself to avoid inadvertently insulting him, despite John having no qualms with calling him a "random swab." Deciding to respond to his more polite counterpart instead, he replied with a cheerful, "Ah, Negav, you say! It's over that way, right?" he asked, pointing in the direction he assumed it was, if the huge city with the high, imposing walls that he had seen had been Negav. "Ooh, so you're going there to sell stuff? So that means they have at least one type of currency, right? Or do you trade goods for goods, like perhaps clothes for ammunition, or weapons for a few nights and meals at an inn, and stuff like that? Oh, you simply must tell me more about Negav!" he exclaimed, barely able to contain his excitement. Despite having mentioned him no more than sixty seconds ago, Eraiya was too busy wondering what Negav was like to remember that there was a fourth person nearby, possibly still watching their every move.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Mortis continued to watch the 3 strangers from his hiding spot. They clearly knew he was there but he listened to them a bit longer. He overheard them talk about a city called "Negav". It would be a good place to rest, resupply and get information, except for one problem. He had no idea where it was. Mortis decided that it would be a good idea to reveal himself and follow them.

He emerged from the bush with his hands above his head and walked slowly towards the small group.

"Um hi there." He said nervously. "My name is Mortis and I mean you no harm" He lowered his hands. "You see, I am new here and I was wondering whether I could follow you to this city you were talking about?"
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:23 pm

"Oh, lemon drops!" It seems he'd found a new way of saying, "Oh, pshaw!" "Y'seem trust-worthy enough! Nevermind the weaponry or the attire; y'seem alright t'me, and that's good enough for the rest of us, isn't it?" he asked, glancing back at Kale and Evellic for the briefest of moments with a grin plastered on his face, before immediately turning back to their newfound companion and motioning for him to feel free to approach as closely as he'd like. Apparently Eraiya had decided that they were all some sort of group, whether the other members of this group he thought himself to be a part of agreed or not. "We'd be more than happy t'show you the city we were just talking about!"

"Oh, but where are our manners; hello, Mortis- it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm "Eraiya Vals," The Rift-Splitter, Demon of Boundaries, Summoner of Subways, President of Pants, Squeakers, Whiskers- I'd go on to continue naming the rest of the titles and nicknames I've earned throughout the years, but I need to leave some room for these two travel companions o' mine, and they're each more than capable of introducing themselves, so! Off y'go, you two," he finished, motioning to Kale and Evellic to introduce themselves with the grin still set on his face, though now that he was facing away from the newcomer towards the two of them, for just a moment, he seemed to be trying to convey something to the two of them through his facial expression. There was a flicker of slyness that crossed his features, just for a moment- something similar to mischievousness. Whatever he was trying to tell them, apparently he found it very amusing.
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Kale was about to say something but was stopped by Evellic. "I'm Evellic Rizen. I'm an arena fighter where I come from." She said, taking out her sword and giving it a practice swing. Then she pointed to Kale. "The big person next to me Kale Alon Reztoc. He's an elite commando who hired me to come with him on his scouting mission. But things didn't go according to plan and now we're stuck on Felarya working as mercenaries until we can find a way to get back home."

"We recently joined up with a bunch of treasure hunting pirates. But they were attacked and eaten while we were traveling down a river. We managed to grab some valuables before the ship sank and now we're heading to Negav to sell them at a local pawn shop."
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:33 am

"Did you say EATEN!?" Exclaimed Mortis. "You mean by wild animals or something?"

He didn't know what creatures they were talking about and he didn't want to know. He just wanted to get to civilisation as soon as possible.

"Come on guys lets get moving, I need to get to Negav. We can talk more when we get there."
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 am

(hiya, might i join in on this rp^^?
Spoiler:
character is hidden in spoiler since i haven't put in on DA or the forum yet^^)

(EDIT: and i might have another char join later if i get around to editing her bio^^')
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:31 am

(Of course you can join Reptillian Smile Start whenever you want.)
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:58 am

Seline moved slowly along a animal trail, not far from the the others, using all her strength to drag the Kensha beast she had put down after hours of fighting it. 'Damn Kenshas...' She thought while pouting. 'Why do they have to be so tasty and YET so hard to kill?' The Kensha beast had multiple cuts and stab wounds, it had broken bones and even a missing limp, which was tied to Seline's back with some vines. Seline was about to let out a sigh of boredom -It had been a while since she had a good sparring match- but stopped herself when she heard someone say "Eaten" close by. 'People' she thought happily and started in the direction of the crowd with the Kensha beast dragging behind her. 'Please let there be some fighters willing to spare' She didn't make any attempt to sneak. Her six legs and the dragging Kensha could be heard quite easily.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:04 am

"Ooh, a ship, you say? With pirates on it? On a river? Pirates plus ship equals pirate ship, so~, a pirate ship on a river, right? I guess the trees and wildlife aren't the only things that are rather large on this planet, if a group of pirates can look at a river and think to themselves, "Y'arrgh, that'd be the perfect place ta build us a pirate ship!" Please, tell me more about the pirates, the ship and the river. As for being eaten," Here he turned to face Mortis, "Yeah~, that sounds like a natural way to die on this planet. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've seen here- and I've only been here for a couple of days, myself! I can only imagine what these two," A jerk of his head towards Kale and Evellic, "Have seen! As for talking when we get to Negav, why not talk along the way, too? If you're worried about attracting predators with the sound of our voices, well, don't be- I'm sure the four of us together are more than capable of taking on anything that comes our way. Agreed?"

"Oh, and if you haven't heard, or seen for yourself already, it seems our group of four is about to become a group of five. No idea how long she's been following us; I've only just now seen her, but, there you have it." If he didn't have one portal directly in front of his eyes with the one linked to it floating in various, somewhat random directions around himself, usually around fifty to one hundred feet behind himself and to his sides, well, he wasn't being himself. More often than not, when he was exploring new places- let alone entirely new worlds- he paid just as much attention to where he was walking as he did his blind spots.
Back to top Go down
Riverman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Riverman

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:15 pm

"We've been stuck on this planet for years." Evellic stated. "We've been dragged to nearly every place on the planet by our employers as hired protection. But there is no defense against stupidity and they get themselves eaten despite our efforts, leaving us to loot their remains. We decided to go with pirates to see if they were any more skilled at survival and to their credit, they were. They simply ran out of explosives to throw in the water."

Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Mortis nodded his head in agreement. He noticed that Evellic had said that the pirates had "run out of explosives." Pirates tended to carry a lot of explosives so what did they use it all on? Was it hundreds of ravenous fish or was it one REALLY big fish? He hoped that it was the former.

While he was thinking about this he continued to scan the treeline, looking for the fifth person that Erayia mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:06 am

Seline stopped and scratched her neck. 'Where did that voice come from again?' She thought while looking left and right. 'Aw hell, i can't remember... let's just have a look then' Fog came out of her hands and she threw something into the air. it was a disc of ice, smooth and clean enough to work as a mirror. She threw a second one in a slightly different angle, and then a third, fourth, fifth... a total of ten mirrors in rapid succession with different view points. 'There they are* She had spotted them at around 3 o clock. Seline quickly moved in the direction she had found them in and was soon in plain view. she was just about to greet the group when she fell on her back, having forgotten about the Kensha beast on tow and had run between two trees close to each other.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:21 am

"Oh.. She's-?.." A lot of good mumbling to himself did. His thoughts wandered off before he had a chance to voice them. 'Oh, wow! That's almost exactly the same way I use portals to view areas over long distances and around corners, except instead of reflection, I can just look straight through them. That's exceptionally brilliant of her, using ice-based magic like that. What else is she capable of? I wonder if she can use other kinds of magic. Does she do such creative things with them, too? If I gave her a pen and a piece of paper, what would she do with them? If she uses her magic like that, then there's no telling. Oh, wow- it looks like that thing on her back was too heavy for her, after all. And is just about half the stuff on this planet humanoid from the waist up, but some sort of animal or insect from the waist down? Huh. I need to meet more people.' All that came out was, "Er.. I assume we're going to help her up, right?" as he came to a stop in his tracks and turned around to face her.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:55 am

Mortis rushed over to the ant women and helped her up. He was suprised that a half-human half-ant creature existed. He wasn't disgusted by it though. She seemed friendly enough and in the end, that was all that mattered. He also noticed a large animal strapped to her back. Clearly she intended to eat it at some point.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he helped he to stand up. "My name is Mortis. The guy standing over there with the silly feather in his hat is Eraiya. And the 2 well armed burly looking people over there are Kale and Evellic."

He looked at her after he had finished talking. Despite her being an ant from the waist down, she was actually quite pretty.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Doc

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:07 pm

(hey thanks for letting me in the rp Mortis. hope to have fun with you guys ^_^)

As the Five people began to greet the newcomer, scout was observing them from a good 20 yard distance. She had been concealed near a bush for quite awhile, it was well worth it though, as she was getting paid to sit in the same spot hours on end. Making bank by wearing the optical camoflauge suit that let her be concealed with the enviroment.

She then began to sway into an irritated mood. She noticed out of the Group that there was two well armed individuals. By her employers, they told her that a similiar looking couple would be contacting her when her trial was over. Giving herself a sigh of annoyance. She began to pack her gear into the Bag adn walk cautiously towards the strangers. Her rifle still held at her waist, with her fing slightly squzzing the trigger for the slightest hint of danger.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:24 pm

"I heard something about my silly hat!" Eraiya shouted enthusiastically, waving one hand over to the two of them and showing no signs that he was planning on walking over to them. Meh. Mortis seemed like he had things under control- why intrude? "So, Gigantic John Kale, was it?" Turning back towards the giant of a man- who wasn't quite as tall as some of the actual giantesses Eraiya had met so far, oddly enough- he asked, "What can you tell me about this place that you think I'd find most interesting? Same question for you, Evellic The Johnless- I'm always up for new and exciting things. Luckily for me this place seems to be in no short supply of excitement and- ... Er, newness."

Despite appearing to make eye contact with John, eye contact was something he didn't like to make very often- especially with people he barely knew. Really he was looking through a portal to better observe the areas around them, just to make sure that no one else would show up out of nowhere within the next thirty seconds, as the four people around him, including himself, had. But thanks to Scout's camouflage, well, he wouldn't be finding her anytime soon, even if he looked right at her.

((Oh, cool! According to FireFox's automatic spellchecker, "newness" is an actual word! xD ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What lies beyond the portal?   What lies beyond the portal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What lies beyond the portal?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next