Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kain's characters.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Kain's characters. Empty
PostSubject: Kain's characters.   Kain's characters. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:35 am

Gonna start with ol' Redwell, my usual entry character. Transferring him from other RP communities I've been with would be disastrous, as he's already grown and developed to the point of probably being able to take on a Guardian. SO, I'll start him anew, with a new story, because take away all that awesome power and the character is still interesting and moving. Ought to be, I've been crafting him for years.

Note: After working on this this, I noticed this character is a lot darker than his other versions... I like it, though.

-----

Kain Redwell

"...Why did it end this way?"

Kain's characters. Kainbeach

---Basic---

Race: Human
Birthplace: Cartes, though he's forgotten which city.
Affiliations: The Cartesian National Bank

---Personal---

Description: Kain stands a good six feet in height. In truth, he was actually taller, but the burdened life he's led has caused him to lose some of his original attributes. Interestingly, though, he's been regaining height since he arrived in Felarya for what he believes is the soil's effect on him. Over time, he may return to his original height of 6'2".

Kain's hair is jet black, and his eyes are an equally dark brown. His hair has a few stray gray strands coming out of the back , which fall out, only be replaced by other lone strands. His hair and eyes matches his cloak and armor, intentionally, of course- Kain dresses to take advantage of the darkness, which is when he often acts.

Beneath the cloak, he keeps a short-sleeved shirt and comfortably loose pants on, and over those, armor and equipment. Nothing of import need be said about this armor and weaponry, except that it seems both familiar and outlandish.

Personality: Kain is a lot of broken dreams and swallowed regrets in the form of a witty, cynical, arrogant man. He, like anyone else who's been hurt, keeps personal things locked deep away. But if provoked, he's quick to bring them up, if only to prove a point. Generally speaking, he's not interested in his own well-being, or the well-being of others. While he'd hate to admit it, he does have a soft spot for women and girls, oft reminded of his wife and daughter. But usually, Kain likes to treat the world with the same unfairness it treats him with. All of this packed up into a die-hard in every sense makes for a very difficult and unreasonable man. He does, however, have his moments of weakness. Memories are one of the few things he clings to, for being enslaved and indoctrinated requires a partial memory wipe, in order to ensure obedience and remove a person's ties, and Kain has long since been attempting to resist each wipe, holding dearly his memories of his wife, daughter, and old life. At times like these, Kain manages to remember his humanity, and may show a rare act of kindness and understanding.

History: Kain's life was a good one. Growing up, he had plenty of friends throughout his years. They came and went like the years did, but never was he lonely. His standard of living was high for a middle-class man's son. His education, top-notch. In his early adolescence, he met a girl, and before he could understand what he was feeling, love had struck. It wasn't the first girl he'd become infatuated with, but it would be the last. They married soon after, and had a child- a beautiful daughter. Life was good, and it looked like life couldn't get any worse.

Then, a few years later, reality struck. Kain soon learned that miracles came with a cost. His family had taken several loans to manage to give him that kind of incredible life. Why they would continue to take loan after loan to keep the lie going, Kain would never know. But his parents were dead now, and the reality of their debt had finally reared its ugly head upon Kain's doorstep. He inherited nothing from them but their debts. Kain's wife, seeing the predicament that was now upon her family, did what she felt was all she could do as a mother: she took her daughter, some belongings, whatever money was left, and fled. Kain was left alone.

Bankruptcy didn't exist in his homeland. No, the process was far more different with increasing magnitudes of debt. When you fell into the pit Kain did, the bank took legal and brutal action: they enslaved you, and forced you to work to pay off your debts. Kain's life was torture the first two years he'd been indoctrinated into a life of slavery. Things looked hopeless... then, his nation had happened across the world of Felarya, and the bank saw this as a good opportunity for their slaves to work off their debt: by searching for and retrieving lost artifacts and riches on the mysterious new world. Suddenly, things became even more hopeless for Kain.

Kain was among the first Cartesian explorers thrown into Felarya, considered expendable due to his slave status. Miraculously, he and some of his fellow slaves, and their few remaining handlers, survived long enough to discover the city of Negav, and through some negotiation, established a post and portal in the capital city. From their, Kain's handlers took permanent residence and now had the power to control their slaves from afar.

Though there were many slaves, and they were oft sent in groups after treasure, or in some rare cases, giants, Kain himself was always kept to one or two partners, but most of the time, just by himself. While he was capable, his recklessness often brought everything around him in to harm's way, thus, even his slavers decided he ought to remain alone.

Now, Kain wanders Felarya alone, rarely staying in one place, always caught up going from one assignment to the next. He tries to stay alone and on the move, because it earns him a little freedom. Even then, he was always a little more resistant to the mind-control than most of the slaves. Oddly enough, his ability to resist has only been getting stronger since his arrival in Felarya. Perhaps, in time, he will break free. Until then, he will continue to hunt for his masters and put on a false guise.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
Goals:

Listed in terms of priority;

1. Free himself. - In Progress
"I'm not yer fuckin' servant boy..."

2. Get some allies. - Not Started
"Need more cards t' play."

3. Find enough treasure and artifacts to pay off his enormous debt. - In Progress
"How the fuck did mom n' dad borrow this much?"

4. Find a weapon to give him an edge against his captors. - Not Started
"First thing I'd do is shove it up Eldrige's ass..."

5. Leave Felarya - Not Started
"No place like home. Sorta."

6. Find his wife and daughter - Not Started
"..."

---Skills and Inventory---

Melee Combat: 7 - Very Skilled
|||||||\\\
Kain had learned self-defense in his youth, and practiced it semi-regularly up until his marriage. It had given him a good foundation to work off of. It was only after he was enslaved that he had been able to develop a working and practical knowledge of combat. Through what few means he's had, Kain has taught himself mixed-martial arts, and a couple years of live combat experience has hardened him and sharpened his skills further. He's suffered some loss from depreciated physical attributes, but his time in Felarya is somehow slowly rectifying this.

Firearms: 5 - Average
|||||\\\\\
Kain hasn't really explored his talent with guns of any sort, but with practice, he's come to learn the basics and how to fire without hesitation or losing his stance. There's potential for some growth, perhaps, but his handlers have never allowed him to use traditional firearms, so his skill hasn't improved much.

Magic: 4 - Below Average
||||\\\\\\
Traditional magic is something only practiced by the upper-class and privileged of Cartes, Kain's homeland. Kain, having received a good education, was blessed with the foundations of magic, but due to his lower standing, didn't have the opportunity to practice or put it into use. In addition, his knowledge has faded a little with his years spent as a slave. Perhaps if Felarya rekindles his interest in magic, he may take it up again in full.

Technomagic: 8 - Exceptional
||||||||\\
Kain's primary skill, one he prides himself on. Cartes runs on the basis of technology powered by magic. It's a highly advanced form of runic magic, practiced and developed for years to mimic electronic equipment, mechanical equipment, and so much more, with some subtle and not-so-subtle differences. Even before being enslaved, Kain had chosen Technomagic as his main career path. While advanced technomagic requires more precious materials, like metals, plastics, crystals, power sources, and whatnot, very basic technomagic can be performed with most any solid surfaces, a few simple tools, and enough time. Most of Kain's equipment runs on technomagic, and he knows how to use it very, very well.

Survivalist: 7 - Very Skilled
|||||||\\\
Often being on your own or lacking in resources means you have to fend for yourself. Kain isn't exactly MacGyver, but being on his own for a while, he's learned a few tricks and general rules to follow, along with basic methods of shelter, traps, and security. Above all, he's learned to rely on himself for these things.

Last edited by Kain on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Kain's characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain's characters.   Kain's characters. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:48 am

First of all; that music.... Who is the composer and performer?

Now down to business.

I see you had the good sense not to import your character straight from other roleplay communities. In general, I think that any character that can take on the guardians to be extremley overpowered.

I find no fault with his physical description, seems fine to me except for the hight thing but that's no real issue.

For personality; I like this, you've explained it very well and given reasons for it all in both the description and history.
As for the history, this again quite good. you've explained it quite well, covering a lot.
My only piece of advice is that he and his world should be using the Negav portal to access Felarya.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rephrasing)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Kain's characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain's characters.   Kain's characters. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:39 am

Going to answer all that in order:

The composer is Ludovico Einaudi. The song is Primavera. Click this sentence for the link.

Yeah, I don't like starting out overpowered, either. I prefer earning strong characters through roleplay.

Uh, his physical description might still need some work, I dunno if I'm leaving it at that.

History, too, will have more stuff added, and go into detail on things. I just covered the basics since I was short on time.

Alright, I'll include that. Honestly, I wanted to add more detail, but I started working on this at around 2 AM >_>
Back to top Go down
Kain
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Kain's characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain's characters.   Kain's characters. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 pm

And he's done, I think.

If I have time, I'll go into sub-skill of magic, melee, etc, though for magic, it's not really necessary since he doesn't know all that much, just the basics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kain's characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain's characters.   Kain's characters. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kain's characters.
Page 1 of 1