Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

General Q and A - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:34 am

Indeed I really need to establish a solid time frame of events ^^;

For now it would be roughly :

Creation of Felarya - unknown times ------- Beast of the past time -------------------- many millenia passing ---------------------- war with the Correctors -------- Rise of the Titans ------ Fall of Alcazath ----------- Founding of Ur-Sagol ------- Fall of Ur-Sagol ------ fall of Sineria ( I imagine it's possible Ur-Sagol and Sinera's empire could have existed at roughly the same time )) ------Founding of Negav ------ Déméchrelle is sealed -------- present time
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:57 am

And then you create a time paradox by falling on yourself in the off-chance you managed to live through all of this and stayed in the exact same spot.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:20 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
And then you create a time paradox by falling on yourself in the off-chance you managed to live through all of this and stayed in the exact same spot.

Nay, I have a way to fix that. Something I intend to be making use of - a little time travel paradigm if you will.
Back to top Go down
moonlight-pendent13
Helpless prey
moonlight-pendent13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:15 am

I was wondering what kinda creatures would prey on the larger species such as giant centaurs sphinxes Nagas even Dridders there must be some larger creatures to keep population in check though I know of those giant trees that do so only have to eat once or week or less so I'd imagine that if there are other creatures large enough they'd be the same way roughly only eating a large meal every once in awhile.

Another another thing about centaurs even if they do eat smaller creatures I'd imagine that their diets would like their animal counterparts be mostly vegetation considering especially the ones out in those huge grassy fields.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:22 am

Well there are big wild animals and I assume giant predators fall to a pack of Kenshas once in a while. There's also those giant squids.
Back to top Go down
moonlight-pendent13
Helpless prey
moonlight-pendent13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:30 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Well there are big wild animals and I assume giant predators fall to a pack of Kenshas once in a while. There's also those giant squids.

This is true but those are mostly jungle area animals. Usually I think there must be larger fish in the sea so to speak as well as desert creatures and creatures out on the great plains too.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:36 am

Well the desert has the Time Sharks (all they lack are frickin' laser beams), and I think the sea has the volasaurus. I don't know about the great rocky field. I usually think that creatures that rank as High or higher on the Threat-O-Meter tend to also prey on the hybrid predators.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 am

I think predators usually have low birth rates to keep their numbers from spiralling out of control.

But on the level of threats, there should be some very dangerous creatures that they'd want to avoid, like packs of kensha, hives of tonorions led by abyssal tonorions, the occasional time shark, etc.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm

You don't really need a low birth rate; a low baby to aldut survival rate would work as popultion control.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:55 pm

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
You don't really need a low birth rate; a low baby to aldut survival rate would work as popultion control.

That seems to be the general consensus.

It takes 40 years for a predator to reach full size, and most predators spend a good quarter of that at or near human size. Except Fairies, giant Elves, and other live-birth preds, but they're the minority of the pred population. Most pred species do go through an extended time where they are quite small and vulnerable.

Reaching adulthood out in the jungle is a big accomplishment. While they certainly have a lot less threats than other things out there, they will have some potential problems. Kenshas, giant vipers, poisonous plants, and all kinds of large wildlife that can maim or poison. You don't need something to one-shot a pred to be a threat. The jungle preys on weakness, and a good maiming can be fatal to someone if it takes too long to heal up.

Also, when I say large, Im referring to the scale chart I made up:
- Tiny: Neera, Tomthumbs, Squirrels, Jackelopes, etc.
- Small: Dogs, Cats, Chupacabras, etc.
- Normal: Humans, Elves, Human-sized hybrids, etc.
- Big: Druiker, Wolves, Lions, Tigers, Bears (Oh my!), Sharks, etc.
- Huge: Tonorions, Elephants, Rhinos, T-rex's, etc.
- Large: Kensha Beasts, Marsh Vipers, various other animals that are large enough to seriously injure giant hybrids,etc.
- Giant: Nagas, River Mermaids, Dryads, Giant-sized hybrids, etc.
- Massive: Giant Flying Squid, the giant plant that eats predators, various creatures that can easily kill even the giant hybrids, etc.
- Holy God, that is Fucking HUGE: The Giant Tree (Likely the largest living creature in the multiverse, or at least in the top-10).
** Other ** : Fairies (They have no "true" size).
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Under Religions, for Seekers of Sineria, it says that they search for any information about the location of Sineria. However, it would seem from rumour that many dridders know perfectly well where she is. Even if its only a few, wouldn't any dridder be able to to figure it out from his brethren?

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Under Religions, for Seekers of Sineria, it says that they search for any information about the location of Sineria. However, it would seem from rumour that many dridders know perfectly well where she is. Even if its only a few, wouldn't any dridder be able to to figure it out from his brethren?

I don't think any of them really know for sure. The sealing of Sineria was quite a while ago, most likely. What they do know is just info that has been passed down, probably part-truth and part-legend by this point.

Knowing where she is doesn't really matter anyway. Its unlikely that anyone could get close to her anyway. Who knows what kind of crazy sealing spells and traps the Guardians set in place. Considering that Sinera is a very real threat to any of them other than Notys, I imagine they made sure she was locked down tight.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

I don't think any of them really know for sure. The sealing of Sineria was quite a while ago, most likely. What they do know is just info that has been passed down, probably part-truth and part-legend by this point.

Knowing where she is doesn't really matter anyway. Its unlikely that anyone could get close to her anyway. Who knows what kind of crazy sealing spells and traps the Guardians set in place. Considering that Sinera is a very real threat to any of them other than Notys, I imagine they made sure she was locked down tight.

Indeed. But I mean, it seems that a good many dridders know that she's locked up in her mansion, as they give it looks as they pass buy.

The dridders who do want her freed - considering what you said - would they not be giving humans more the mission of researching and finding ways to break into the mansion?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:43 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:

Ah what rumor do you mean ? o.o
There might be a confusion here, she isn't supposed to be in that mansion... it has nothing to do actually XD
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:43 am

It's a fan theory.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:45 am

Karbo wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

Ah what rumor do you mean ? o.o
There might be a confusion here, she isn't supposed to be in that mansion... it has nothing to do actually XD

It was a general assumption made earlier. Apparently a viewpoint some have carried with them. I didn't think she was in the mansion as that didn't jive with the past but it was not my place to say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 am

Hehe, okay. Guess it's a meta-rumour. XD

Ah, on the time-line thing again. Has the fairy kingdom always been there, if Nemyra is a Guardian? I mean, does it pre-date the Titans then?

Oh, and on my vague elf theories - I remembered that the Milkadis temple was built by elves (well, they created the magic in the place so I'm taking the leap to say they built the whole darn thing.) If they were at a time where they could invest in temple building, or temple enchanting, were they then in a position beyond their small communities of today? Was there a pre-Sagolian Elven kingdom? That would explain why they seem haughty...

Perhaps the Elven Empire based on Nature was eclipsed by the Sagolian Empire of Magic and the Dridder Empire of Technology? Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:50 am

I think Nemyra predates the titans yes Smile

As for elves, hehe good point. Indeed there is lot of ancient words coming from it so it's safe to say they were a lot more numerous in ancient times ^^
Back to top Go down
Shadeofheave
Naga food
Shadeofheave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 am

A question about languages and music.

I apologize if this has already been asked before. I was listening to Rammstein and suddenly a thought occured to me. What would happen if somebody were, say, teleported to Felarya and had an ipod, or whatever else one might use to listen to music, and started listening to something in a language he couldn't understand on Earth (for example)? So yes, basically, say you're in Negav with a monstrous audio system listening to German music, would you understand anything if you've never studied that language before?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:12 am

Shadeofheave wrote:
A question about languages and music.

I apologize if this has already been asked before. I was listening to Rammstein and suddenly a thought occured to me. What would happen if somebody were, say, teleported to Felarya and had an ipod, or whatever else one might use to listen to music, and started listening to something in a language he couldn't understand on Earth (for example)? So yes, basically, say you're in Negav with a monstrous audio system listening to German music, would you understand anything if you've never studied that language before?

I believe the translation effect applies to all spoken language, no matter how you're hearing it. Im pretty sure we said that the dialogue in the movies showing in theators in Negav would be translated.

I think the only thing that does not get translated is text.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 am

Ah yes. I was talking to Shade about it earlier and I couldn't recall if it only worked between living beings or if it applied to all spoken language.
And yes, one of the things said in the discussion on it a while back did say that it didn't apply to text.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Malhavoc Shade
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Malhavoc Shade

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:58 pm

About Necromancy

I have read through a great many of the material that mentions the obscure art, but I had some more specific questions. I know you can't raise an army of the dead on Felarya, but could you for instance cast a spell that fell into the same school of magic but instead was used for wounding or inciting fear or terror? Another musing idea that popped into my head involved Liches. I figure that performing Lichcraft or the Ritual of Endless Night on Felarya would be a no-go, but could a Lich enter through one of the portals and remain 'alive' as it were or would they simply fall apart the second they set foot in Felarya? In addition to that, if the Lich's body were destroyed, would their soul return to their phylactery (soul anchor) and then they reform as would normally occur, or would their soul be interrupted and forcefully sent onward?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:20 pm

The thing about Felarya's clause, which actually uses the wrong term, is that all it does is prevent from bringing a corpse back to life. That includes raising it as an undead, resurrecting it through holy magic, or reincarnating it into another creature. If it's a corpse of a once living creature, you can't bring it back. There seem to exist a loophole that you can technically bring someone back, but you must bind its soul to an inanimate body, like a golem body. Spells like wounding, as they do not fall into the "bring a corpse back to life", work perfectly fine. As for undeads, they can exist on Felarya, they simply can't be created on Felarya. A Lich can exist if he became a Lich outside of Felarya, and then came to Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Malhavoc Shade
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Malhavoc Shade

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Alright, in that case, if a Lich's body is destroyed, their soul goes to their phylactery and the Lich reforms over a period of several days. Would the magics of Felarya prevent this? A Lich is essentially a walking corpse, but their soul is bound to a phylactery which facilitates the reformation.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Malhavoc Shade wrote:
Alright, in that case, if a Lich's body is destroyed, their soul goes to their phylactery and the Lich reforms over a period of several days. Would the magics of Felarya prevent this? A Lich is essentially a walking corpse, but their soul is bound to a phylactery which facilitates the reformation.

Hmmm, not really sure about Liches. I always figured that any undead that fell through into Felarya would find it extremely uncomfortable. I mean, its a realm that is so saturated with energy and magic that people stop aging at their prime and all non-lethal injuries heal up at an accelerated rate. Just seems like it wouldn't be the ideal environment for an undead creature to live in.

I don't play D&D and many other fantasy-themed things though, so I don't really know how all thier little rules and stuff work.

Necromancy in Felarya is limited to raising and controlling the dead, or bending them to your will. That is the part that is just doesn't work, likely because of the healing factor and/or wierd magical nature of the place. I, personally, don't consider paralyzing touches, and other dark magics to be necromancy. They are dark and scary, sure, but they don't have anything to do with the dead. Those do work though, since they are more like curses, illusions or enchantments than anything else.

I believe there are some Shamans out there though, that can commune with the spirits of the departed that have not moved on to the afterlife for one reason or another. That is about as close to necromancy as you can get on Felarya. The only examples of those that I know of are a Neko tribe in Zoekin's early work, and the character Marken, from the mangas,.who claims that the spirits tell him things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next