Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

General Q and A - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:16 pm

As for relations between the two, I'd say it depends on the individual. Most elves are seen as arrogant, but I'm sure there are some who aren't so stereotypical. Humans and elves, the way I see it, have a tenuous relationship at best. This is because both species tend to be arrogant and proud in their own way. Nekos also have a sense of racial pride, but I'm not sure how much it'd clash with that of the elves.

Also, I doubt the two can breed. Of course, I once assumed that it was difficult for elves and humans to breed, and Karbo mentioned that he didn't really see a reason it should be impossible. So, they're at least within the same genus...
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Well i have a question :)I would like to know how nekos and elves acts towards each others. I mean, are they enemies? are they friends?
Well for how they act toward one another, in most fiction elves are portrayed as having a superiority complex over other races, but this does not mean that they are enemies with nekos. This does however mean that most of them will think of themselves as better then nekos and likely speak down to them.

Krisexy26 wrote:
do they make sex? do they make babies in order to create a super new race? :/
Krisexy you don't make sex you have it, but seriously their respective reproductive organs to my knowledge are the same, but no they cannot reproduce. So recreation only. Also in most fiction where I have seen elves used they tend to have a low birth-rate due to their naturally longer life span.

Krisexy26 wrote:
also, ive heard it before but cant fnid where: apparently, theres an elven city in felarya? :/ where? how big it is, a lil description of the city please Smile (do they even have queen/king?)
There is a elven district in Negav, but I couldn't find anything about their own city. If they do have one I would suspect it to be a smaller town hidden in the forest. As for Kings and Queens most fiction for elves has the roles of males and females reversed so that the Queen is the ruling body and the king is married into the bloodline.

Krisexy26 wrote:
also, its possible to find giant elves in felarya without having anything happen to them?
What do you mean by this?
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:33 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
So, they're at least within the same genus...

Well, maybe. The more magic/genetic engineering you add, the less little details like genus (or phylum ^^; ) matter.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Well i have a question Smile

I would like to know how nekos and elves acts towards each others. I mean, are they enemies? are they friends? do they make sex? do they make babies in order to create a super new race? :/

also, ive heard it before but cant fnid where: apparently, theres an elven city in felarya? :/ where? how big it is, a lil description of the city please Smile (do they even have queen/king?)

also, its possible to find giant elves in felarya without having anything happen to them?

thats about it Smile

Okay, well, firstly, nekos and elves. This would depend mostly on the tribe of neko and elf. The Elves have not been an organized race since the collapse of their empire and the nekos have never been a totally organized race. While not all elves are the super-arrogant stereotype, many elves do believe in the superiority of their culture and customs over others, if not actual racial superiority. Nekos don't have that particular sort of arrogance, but are wary of other races. (On Felarya the nekos unfortunately tend to get the short end of the stick.) Really, it depends on the particular elf and particular neko.

As for an elven city... well, not anymore. The last big elven cities were destroyed about 4000 years ago. Negav has an Elven district. There are also many Elven settlements across Felarya, from small villages to slightly larger ones. The style of these settlements depends on the tribe of elves. There are many different tribes of elves, many which could classify as sub-species. The largest Elven settlements are probably found in the Oloonde Lakeland.

As for the last question... you'll have to clarify. I don't quite understand it. Yes, there are giant elves in Felarya. (I know this may seem to go against the "humanoids are only one size" thing. Elves are an exception to this in that they specifically magically modified part of their race to turn giant and act as protectors. So they sort of broke that generalization).
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:43 pm

You try telling a Neera that Nekos got the short end of the stick!
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Seems like the others handled most of those questions well enough.

As for the cross-breeding, it is unlikely. Cross-breeding between different species in Felarya is largely impossible, save for a small handful of exceptions.

I belive it is canon that humans and elves are capable of having children together, but it is generally assumed that humans cannot cross-breed with nekos. If we assume that humans and elves can breed because of biological similarities, then it is probably safe to assume that nekos and elves are incapable of breeding with eachother. They could still have a relationship, just no kids.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Quote :

bad grammar of mine i guess...i meant to say like...."Is it normal to find a giant elf? are they natural in felarya?" :/

Quote :
Krisexy you don't make sex you have it

Thanks for the clarification buddha... It means its not the same in french...

Quote :
As for the cross-breeding, it is unlikely. Cross-breeding between different species in Felarya is largely impossible, save for a small handful of exceptions.

I belive it is canon that humans and elves are capable of having children together, but it is generally assumed that humans cannot cross-breed with nekos. If we assume that humans and elves can breed because of biological similarities, then it is probably safe to assume that nekos and elves are incapable of breeding with eachother. They could still have a relationship, just no kids.

now, before i say im strongly agaisnt it (i am a bit right now) i would like some clarification. Little sex class: a man with a penis penetrates a woman who has a vagina and, further, a womb and etc.

Now, who the hell said nekos didnt have a womb and...(dont know the name in english...) FALLOPIAN TUBE! because i personally believe humans and nekos (male and female) have the same inside :/

also, would be very appreciated if someone could tell me how to correctly quote someone :/ like...i dont want to see "Quote" anymore. I want to see "Krisexy26 wrote: (citation)"
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 pm

I don't think the mechanics are the problem with cross breeding. Nekos, humans and elves can all have sex with each other.

Its the fact that, scientifically, a child is unlikely from such a couple. And, if there was a child, it would likely be sterile anyways. (See various hybrid animals on earth)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Quote :
bad grammar of mine i guess...i meant to say like...."Is it normal to find a giant elf? are they natural in felarya?" :/

Giant Elves were originally artificially created, but in the 1000's of years since, they have been reproducing enough to become a self-sustaining giant race, much like Nagas, Mermaids, etc.

Quote :
now, before i say im strongly agaisnt it (i am a bit right now) i would like some clarification. Little sex class: a man with a penis penetrates a woman who has a vagina and, further, a womb and etc.

Now, who the hell said nekos didnt have a womb and...(dont know the name in english...) FALLOPIAN TUBE! because i personally believe humans and nekos (male and female) have the same inside :/

Humans, Nekos, Elves...and even Nagas, Harpies, Dridders, Jotuns and the rest all have similar reproductive biology. They have penises, vaginas, wombs, etc. Differences in reproductive biology aren't why they can't all crossbreed, it is a genetic issue.

As different species, their genetics are just too different to combine to form a child. Its like how a cheetah can't crossbreed with a jaguar...eventhough they are both large cats and are almost identical biologically.

Crossbreeding in Felarya is a fairly rare thing. Humans and Elves are some of the only species that can do it. Harpies technically do it, but their genetics are wierd anyways (since something in their genetic material forces all of their children to be female harpies, regardless of what the father was).
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
also, would be very appreciated if someone could tell me how to correctly quote someone :/ like...i dont want to see "Quote" anymore. I want to see "Krisexy26 wrote: (citation)"

In the quote tag, add ="Name". For example, ="Krisexy26" after quote makes you go from this...

Quote :
...to this.
Krisexy26 wrote:
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Code:
[quote="Insert Name Here"]Blah Blah Blah Blah[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:04 am

on a related note, I wonder why the quote tags don't work in signatures.
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:12 am

I have a new question that solomon asked to me. What is the name of Anna's brother?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:29 am

Pim18 wrote:
I have a new question that solomon asked to me. What is the name of Anna's brother?

No one knows.

I believe a couple people on DA have tried to write stories using him...but currently Karbo has not given a canon name to Anna's brother.
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 am

rcs619 wrote:
Pim18 wrote:

No one knows.

I believe a couple people on DA have tried to write stories using him...but currently Karbo has not given a canon name to Anna's brother.
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:33 am

okey I may not be the first to ask this but does anyone truely know the first name of Anna's brother Question
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:34 am

Solomon wrote:
okey I may not be the first to ask this but does anyone truely know the first name of Anna's brother Question

Solomon, we JUST SAID that no one knows that.
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:48 am

Does anybody know how big the size of "great rocky field"? In simple comparison, please.

(also, how big Ivokan savana, and where exactly exist that place?)
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:52 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Solomon wrote:

Solomon, we JUST SAID that no one knows that.
My mistake. I didn't tell him that I already asked that. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Pim18 wrote:

No one knows.

...Wait... ANNA HAS A BROTHER?!?!
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:33 pm

The undeniable holy writing that is The Felarya Wiki wrote:
Anna appears to be doing quite well in this new life, but deep down, she is worried sick about her brother who stayed on Delurah, and she is facing some cruel dilemnas. On one hand she would like to try and contact some of her former Deluran colleagues to get some news about him, but on the other, she is afraid it could backfire, putting her brother's safety in jeopardy, as he may be used for blackmail.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Does Melany have to file down her antlers?   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Probably the wrong forum, but...

Hellboy was on recently, and when the part where he grinds down his horns came up, somehow I thought of Melany's antlers. Looking at the artwork, it really looks as if Melany sawed off a good portion of them at one point, and keeps them filed down. What do the rest of you think?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Well honestly I'd never even considered that before, but I imagine that would be more of Karbo's territory. Still, I don't think deer need to file their antlers down, but Melany IS very proud of her antlers XD
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:02 pm

There's already an open question there being answered I believe, which makes the move difficult, as the rules of that thread say only one question at a time.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Split all the posts about giant elves into this separate topic, since it was taking over the thread.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next