Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Demon Lord's Competition!

Go down 
+4
Pendragon
Malahite
buddha66667
Mortis
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think this could work?
Yes
The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_lcap33%The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
It could work
The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_lcap33%The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
I doubt it
The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_lcap27%The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Needs a lot more work
The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_lcap0%The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_lcap7%The Demon Lord's Competition! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

The Demon Lord's Competition! Empty
PostSubject: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Now I don't know if this has been done before or whether it will work but would anybody be interested in a fighting tournament? If so, read on.

The competition is NON-CANON and so if your character dies you don't have to scrap them. It still takes place within the Felarya universe and so normal canons do still apply. You can enter this tournment with ONE character only. You may use preds but bear in mind that you aren't all powerful. If your character has a cloning ability, vehicle, magical pet or transformation, it still counts as ONE character.
The competition is hosted by one of my own characters, Urael. He is a pychotic demon with incredible power. Urael, although the host, will not be fighting in the tournament. I am pretty neutral and don't take sides so I will be the "referee" and, if the fight drags on too long, decide who wins. The winner will recieve ANYTHING they desire. Of course, this is non-canon and so you don't ACTUALLY get anything but you know. >_>

Also, because its non-canon, there is no reason why your character can't be in this rp AND be in another rp/story at the sime time.

ENTRY CONDITIONS:

>You must enter the tournament with ONE character only.
>You must be mature during the fight. If you get caught in an inescapable situation take it like a man and create an elaborate death for your char.
>You must send ME a list of EVERYTHING you are taking with you into the fight. This is so you can catch your enemy by suprise, but without cheating.
>You must post your bio. Obviously.
>Overpowered weapons (rocket launchers etc.) ARE allowed but they have limited ammunition depending on the opponent.

No Godmodding. Godmodders will be disqualified and suffer a painful death at the hands of Urael. Godmodding includes:

>Miraculously dodging a storm of projectiles unless you have a reason. Example, A fairy could do it because of her speed and size.

>Impossible endurance. Example, taking several bullets to the body and your not even shaken. However, certain characters have more endurance than others. Like a giant naga could shake off lots of regular rounds but a regular human could not.

>Impossible agility. Example, doing a backflip to get behind your opponent. Certain characters DO possess this amount of agility however. They are usually exempt.

>Impossible strength. Example, sending your opponent flying with a single punch. Yet again some characters DO have this much strength.

You get the gist.

Also, the way you write is very important. I DON'T WANT TO SEE POSTS LIKE THIS: "Jason dashes forward and slashes Lenny across the chest with his sword." This is also goddmodding as it is forcing the opponent to be hit. I WANT to see things like this: "Jason dashes forward and swings his sword towards Lenny." The opponent then decides what happens in their post.

The "arena" will be randomly chosen by me using a random rolling system. Arena's include:

>An abandoned city with old, weak and crumbly buildings
>A dense forest.
>Several islands in the middle of a raging river, joined by sturdy stone bridges. Falling into the river usually results in you being swept away and down a waterfall into the abyss below.
>A open plain during a thunderous lightning storm.
>A massive flat stone arena lifted high above the clouds by a stone tower. Falling results in death unless you can fly.
>An arena amidst the rolling sand dunes of the desert.

If you want to join, complete the entry requirements by posting your characters bio and sending me a list of their equipment. When we have enough people I will choose who fights whom, set up a X vs. Y thread and send each person a message informing them of this. I visit this site everyday. I have alot of free time.

So what do you think guys? Does this have a shot?

Last edited by Mortis on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:47 pm

I personally believe this has a shoot of working if people accept the fact that their characters are not almighty. The most likely winner in my opinion would probably be a predator but who knows. Also what is the setting going to be for this tournament? As this will dictate which character I will be using.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:16 pm

If you're trying to provide some sort of "competition" in the tournament, while ruling out heavy equipment (see: Anything rocket-launcher or more powerful), you're either going to have some very anime-esque fighters or some nigh-Arch Mages for "Prey" characters. This is mostly because the "must let your opponent act" tends to not work (at all) with stuff like "I cast a Light Spell at the Giant Predator's eyes".

Allowing Giant Predators "breaks" the tournament for obvious reasons. For another example on how it's broken: Imagine a tournament with Boromir, Ahmed (of 13th Warrior), and one of the city guards in Oblivion. Have them in mind? Good. One of the other contenders you let into the match was a Colossus from Shadow of the Colossus. By the way, you disabled Boromir and Co. from using anything heavier than their regular gear.

That's not a tournament, at all. It's a horrible slaughter until the Colossus runs into its peer in the ring, a Tarrasque. Upon which they tear at each other until the Tarrasque (written as a more powerful being) eventually smashes the Colossus in a battle of attrition.

I understand why the limits were put in there: You don't want a TF2 Soldier who is basically going to start and end every match with "I fire rockets at my opponent and rocketjump if they get too close". However, limiting "Prey" to things weaker than a Rocket Launcher means their only means of fighting Giant Predators is through creative spell use, and I've noticed that in Tournament-type RP's people are more likely to listen to brute-force than creative application ("I target a light spell at your ey-" "I close them." "But.. that wouldn't wor-" "Then I dodge." "But you didn't know where I was ai-" "Then I lashed out with my tail before you could cast. The arena's only how big again?" "*Sigh* My character is hit by the tail with the force of a speeding car, and is crushed immediately." "Well fine, if you're going to be snippy like that, I'll just throw one of the rocks near me at you bef-" "Still kills him." "Look, you can't have everything your way").
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 pm

One thing that may work is dividing this tournament into size classes.
humanaoid 5-12ft
large12ft-50ft
giant 50ft+
And to deal with fairy size change place an enchantment on the field so that they can only change their size within their size class.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Well how about this then, your "heavy" weapons have VERY limited ammunition during a standard fight but vs. a pred you have a more plentiful supply. Eg. Soldier vs. Warrior: Soldier gets ONE rocket, i mean think about it if that rocket hits dead on, its an insta KO. And then Soldier vs. Pred: FIVE rockets maybe? You get the idea.

I have edited my original post to keep it fair and I have also added arena examples for Buddha.

I REALLY want this to work so all criticisms and suggestions will be considered. I want at LEAST 4 characters signed up before I begin. So buddha, you in? And what about you Malahite?

Also, don't worry about people avoiding attacks all the time. Thats what I'm here for after all. If someone casts a light spell at your eyes, chances are you weren't prepared for it and so you are temporarily blinded.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Mortis wrote:
Well how about this then, your "heavy" weapons have VERY limited ammunition during a standard fight but vs. a pred you have a more plentiful supply. Eg. Soldier vs. Warrior: Soldier gets ONE rocket, i mean think about it if that rocket hits dead on, its an insta KO. And then Soldier vs. Pred: FIVE rockets maybe? You get the idea.
My point was more that, if you're limiting things around rocket-level power (especially one shot), then things are much more in favor of Giant Predators.

Or did you mean only rockets would be limited, but if a Human Mage could fire rocket-powerful spells willy-nilly that's fine?

Mortis wrote:
I REALLY want this to work so all criticisms and suggestions will be considered. I want at LEAST 4 characters signed up before I begin. So buddha, you in? And what about you Malahite?
I don't see myself participating, as tournaments tend not to go too well. Plus I'd have to write someone up completely from scratch, unless I was assigned "Schmuck killed to prove [x]'s power" role.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:23 am

I can see this going bad, particularly since nobody here will be able to agree on a universal standard of what should be allowed.

That's the reason I can't enter anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:26 am

Its a shame that no one wants to at least give this a try. Whats the worst that could happen? It fails horribly and dies halfway through thats what. But at least its something a little different right? Regardless, the offer is still open for anyone who is still interested.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:34 am

I'd join. I'll most likely use Rai. You should know him, I've used him several times here, including an RP with you. I'll post a Bio later, if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 am

Well thats one person, just 3 more and we can give this thing a go Smile
Back to top Go down
strongkobayashi85
Naga food
strongkobayashi85

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:45 am

Okay I wold like to give it a try too

I would take my first character Vincent to join this tournament.

Here is a link to his bio http://strongkobayashi85.deviantart.com/art/Davis-Bio-70509580

Well thats it for him.

Last edited by strongkobayashi85 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://strongkobayashi85.deviantart.com/
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
strongkobayashi85
Naga food
strongkobayashi85

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Cant we just start? Make a battle royal out of it or try to find someone who would be willing to join.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:36 pm

A little impatient aren't we? However I agree. If we wait much longer this idea will be blown away and become dust. Very well. Whatever opponents we have now will have to suffice. Now then, characters with magic and projectile weapons be aware that changes will be made to your arena to compensate. For example, if a swordsman were fighting a gunman, that is hardly a fair fight. But, if that is the case the arena will have cover everywhere, often hindering the gunmans ability to see the swordsman. This will even the odds by allowing the swordsman to get closer.

I'll select opponents at random and set up threads occordingly. Remember the rules in this thread. ALSO, Giant preds are no longer allowed. Faires and other "small" preds can still participate but their size altering magic has no effect on themselves or their opponent.

Finally, its not too late to join in. Just say so and I'll fit you in somewhere. Look at it this way. If this whole thing turns out to be a shambles, then thats fine! At least it was different. sweatdrop I know what each char will be using in each fight so if they have 3 grenades and throw 4 at you, he will be disqualified.

One last thing. Sparky I haven't gotten an item list from you yet.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:12 pm

D'oh. I had completely forgotten. I'll get right on that. Also, am I to assume that limited items are replenished?
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Ive seen something very similar to this on a star wars rp forum, was really cool (im still working on my character and have never rp'ed before so count me out for now) but in the mean time anybody wanna make bets on whos gonna win (not for money of course) but for fun lol
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 am

Bets don't matter here. This isn't a proffessional tornament. Razz Also yes Sparky, limited items will be replenished after every round. Assuming you survive that is. That reminds me. All fights are to the death. That doesn't mean you always win by killing your opponent. If you were to gravely injure an opponent and choose to spare them if they yeild, you would still win and your opponent would be out of tourny. Don't think that mercy will get you any extra points though. Urael doesn't care about the lives of the contestants. The only the reason to be merciful would be to keep your personal honor intact. angel
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:49 pm

All right. Just needed to get that cleared up.
Back to top Go down
strongkobayashi85
Naga food
strongkobayashi85

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:03 am

Okay then lets get ready to rumble!!!! ^^
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Buddha vs. Sparky

Strong vs. Mike

The scene is set mortals. This is it. Time to prove to me that you are worthy of your reward. Now get in there and smash your heads together!
Back to top Go down
strongkobayashi85
Naga food
strongkobayashi85

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:20 pm

HELL YES!!!!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
strongkobayashi85
Naga food
strongkobayashi85

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:44 am

Could you please pick the fighters again please? Its just that I doubt that my opponent will come online soon.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:10 am

Yes... I've noticed that.... Well it seems that you and Sparky are the only people who seem to be active right now. I will wait another day or so and if neither mikeimp or buddha show up than I will pit you and Sparky against each other.
Back to top Go down
strongkobayashi85
Naga food
strongkobayashi85

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:43 am

okay then lets do this
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Right okay, I deleted one thread and I have modified the other. You vs. Sparky now. By the way Strong, could you contact Acturis if you can? Its his turn in our RP. Has been for ages now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Demon Lord's Competition!   The Demon Lord's Competition! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Demon Lord's Competition!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next