Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Size Scale Discussion

Go down 
+20
Feadraug
Slimetoad
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Oldman40k2003
gwadahunter2222
Malahite
ZionAtriedes
Asuroth
French snack
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
Pendragon
AisuKaiko
rcs619
TheLightLost
Jætte_Troll
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Shady Knight
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
French snack
French snack

New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 am

Karbo wrote:
mhh 130 might seem a little big thouh ? ^^

I thought it might; that's why I'm asking. Smile It's as you like. The wiki says 100 feet under the "old" scale, so under the new scale the maximum would be almost 140 feet. (Under the "old" scale, the wiki already implied that some fairies could grow significantly taller than Crisis.)

If you want to set another maximum, I'll adapt Lucilya's maximum height to that.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 am

Huh, might have to fix Grendel's height now, even Crisis is taller by this point XD

Also, not to revive old flames, but I always thought it would be much better if swallowing prey whole would only work when eating small creatures, and for predators that can unhinge their jaws to begin with, like nagas or slug girls or chlaenas. Having anything else eat large prey whole would not only be awkward and bothersome but would be impractical in the long run. What if they choke or get caught by some other predator in the middle of it?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 am

Cliff, if you read my analysis of the Svila Dridders, you'd know they have no venom. At all. Therefore, liquefying preys is impossible, thus they can't swallow humans whole and alive.

As for nekos, they're taller than humans, so on average, they'd need to be taller than 6'
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 am

Technically, the 6' height average would probably be better for Elves and Nekos, with Humans kept around 5'10". We just round to 6' because most of the demi-humans who aren't human are about that height, and that the humans "below" them in size aren't that much smaller.

As I can't see the general living conditions of Felarya being any more beneficial to people than a modern first-world nation. There's the healing nature, yes, but it only goes so far. Maybe genetics could encourage taller people, but then it'd seem a bit odd if practically everything on Felarya had a "tall" prevalence.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 am

Humans in Felarya are taller on average. If they're at 5'10, then they're no longer taller than the average.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:45 am

Only character I'm going to change her size after seeing the new chart - if I do - is Seelvee. She's supposed to be one BIG dryad, now even Crisis is a bit bigger than her. xD Anyway, the rest of my giant characters can stay well - 70-some feet for a dridder and for a succubus are just fine, and fairies have no size problems. Razz

EDIT: On a second thought and after speaking of it on DA with rcs619... yeah, I might as well change all my giant babes' heights in order to fit the new average in the end.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 am

Well I like the chart myself. Although I was surprised to learn that some of Crisis's friends are taller than she is. The big shocker for me was how much Anko has increased in size. This mean the story I wrote where Katrika swallowed her whole is no longer valid as such an act is impossible-for now. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://zoekin-3.deviantart.com/
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 am

It occurs to me that I haven't used any giant characters aside from Drayla, and never actually tried to numerically reference her size. (I like to be a bit more scale descriptive than just throwing out a number of feet tall anyway.)

In other words, nothing in my stories had to change for the new scale. Yay me.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:14 pm

I had to change a few things on the wikki but that's okay.
Back to top Go down
http://zoekin-3.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Geez. I've gotta wonder now if I want to readjust Elsie's height... on one hand, she's supposed to be big, but on the other one, she already is. Even with the rescaling, 130 feet tall is an awful lot.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Same dillema here. It gets to the point where it makes interaction with humans feel a little forced. It's just another reason why nagas, fairies, and mermaids are so popular.

I would like to keep all of my harpies the size that they are. Feeding shouldn't be a problem as avian species are known for swallowing large chunks of food, right?
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Wow... Just wow... thank you for clearing up some of my size issue's now... how to figure the size difference between my characters in my story and... and... oh... my... god... I... I think I'm going to go crawl into a ball here in this corner and hide they are going to be way so freaking huge and I work near things close to those size's on a daily basis and I never actually figured anything could... could... uuhhh *thump* mnjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

(error poster has passed out due to size shock)
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Size Scale Discussion   New Size Scale Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Size Scale Discussion
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6