Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chronology

Go down 
+22
sparkythechu
Krisexy26
asaenvolk
walkingbyself
Shady Knight
TheLightLost
Rezec
Claire
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Jasconius
Karbo
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Archmage_Bael
Asuroth
ravaging vixen
rcs619
luke112
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Jætte_Troll
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

Chronology - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:54 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
walkingbyself wrote:
I figured they would after all wiki say's Mermaids are the Chlaenas favorite food. Unless I read it wrong ah well thanks for catching that.

Lots of species on Felarya eat each other but aren't "at war". To have a war its implied you need organization, established territories by at least one side, assumably weaponry, etc. etc.

so then they maybe having little conflicts (which is different from a war,ex:vietnam)
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 pm

okay posting it here for you

Okay I have talked to some people about this and I will try to type out some things I have on my mind for the calendar, I hope you will consider them worthy of merit and might be included. I wanted this to kind of feel Lovecraftian without over doing it.

Going to Ur-Sagol I see that's its history is laid out, now the original Ur in RL was a city so old that the people who used to inhabit it didn't know its origin, Ur became a bi-world for the first or the origin of something. Frankly I think we can do something for Ur-Sagol with that and make it work into the timeline and add mystery and danger, adding future plot material never hurts ether.

My idea is that the Start of Ur-Sagol is actually in the distant time of ??? before the start of the war with the Correctors by the by ether and advanced Correctors vanguard or some force connected to them in some way, the exact details are unknown. They didn't build the city as it would be later known however, indeed it was mostly built underground and pocket dimensions hidden from view.

Then in the in the year ??? between the rise of the Titans and the corruption of Alcazath the Titans take the sight over from Correctors and seal way their secrets, the Titans build the first above ground structures but after their corruption are driven away by the Guardians. Squatters move into the remains.

Next in the year 6812 humans gathering around Ur-Sagol make the ancient runes their own in an organized take over and slowly start to rebuild the city. Their existence remains, isolationistic, tenuous and primitive for some time however.

4578 B.U - The Sagolians first find their way past buried parts of the sub city of Ur-Sagol but progress is slow as most of it is collapsed or otherwise inaccessible, a few secrets are discovered at great cost. The Sagolian civilization truly starts using what they find but do not understand.

4242 B.U. – The Elven Empire peacefully adds a small settlement of humans known as the “Sagolians” as a province of their Empire.

2027 B.U. - The Sagolians discover the Dimensional Gate under their city.

637 B.U. - The ancient seals put in place by the titans start to crack slowly. Occasionally people start to get strange dreams and inspirations that over centuries grow.

9 B.U. - A secret society named the "Allatoo Damazi", believed to be Guardian worshipers start to secretly repair the ancient seals the Titans erected long ago. They never completely finish, they are killed one year later for heresy. While they never finish their work they manage to repair most of the wards.

Those are my ideas for the moment, tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:49 pm

So the titans originally built ur-sagol, but it fell to ruin, then the sagolians found the ruins, discovered it's secrets and rebuilt the city? nice.

Actually I've always hoped and imagined that Felarya's history is WAAAAAAY old. Like how Star Wars has a 25k year history with the earliest days of the republic. Also having a massive time frame also allows for many events to take place and be added later on Razz

With a world like felarya where one has the possibility of living a freakishly long time, people start to not be so gung-ho "get this done by yesterday" sort of attitude that we humans are known for. Then again, a lot of humans don't live in felarya for more than 5 years, and that also adds a nice sense of counter-balance to long-living people who establish rules, etc. Just a little thought.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:01 am

well... The Titans essentially built over some one else location to contain it, but sure.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Well, I like the idea of the Correctors being the first people in the Sagol area. Maybe the correctors first made the dimensional gate as a way to move troops into Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:37 pm

That would explain why the gate is impossible to decipher and ridiculously precise.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 am

Done lots of additions to this and made some big editing to the start of this. Tried to make it all more refined and cohesive.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

THE WAR WITH THE CORRECTORS, AND AFTERMATH

~14,000 B.U. - Start of War with the Correctors

? B.U. - Buried Palace is buried

? B.U. - Correctors set up a base in the area where Ur-Sagol will stand. This includes buried and warded strongholds and a dimensional gate to bring in more troops.

? B.U. - King Trazix becomes Ruler of Mount Vylkren

? B.U. - Alcazath is created by the Guardians and begins creating other Titans, who strike back against the Correctors.

? B.U. - The Titans drive the Correctors out of their base in the Ur-Sagol area. The underground stronghold is cleared and most of it sealed up.

? B.U. - Near where he defeated the Correctors, Alcazath sets up his own base at what will become the Mysterious Temple.

? B.U. - Alcazath is corrupted and many Titans turn on the Guardians

~11,000 B.U. - End of War with the Correctors. Alcazath is captured and sealed away in the Mysterious Temple

^ Some things to note about the above portion of the proposed timeline:

The war with the Correctors occurred in two main stages. The initial attempt by the Correctors was repelled successfully by the Guardians without the Titans. When the Correctors returned, they were not so easily removed and many Guardians became injured/killed. Karbo was suggesting some other reasons for creating the Titans as well (perhaps due to natural immunities the Guardians did not have), but it's up to him to decide on exactly the methodology and weapon of the Correctors.

When the Guardians did eventually decide to create the Titans, I don't believe that Alcazath initially had his defining hammer, but that is something Karbo would have to comment on. My perception is that it was something given to him later so that he could create more constructs like himself without need of the Guardians. Initially, the Titans suffer several defeats against the Corrector forces, it isn't for some time that the tide of the war appears to be changing in their favor. Indeed, the power's imbued to Alcazath's hammer would have consequences unforseen...

It is my understanding at this current time that the Titans were not responsible for defeating the Correctors. The Titans became corrupted by the Correctors during the War, and it was only through a deadly and climatic battle that the Guardians were able to turn the combined forces of Correctors and Titans. Several Guardians died during this battle leaving us with the present 'known' ones, and for reasons unknown the Correctors abandoned their quest to destroy Felarya.

The initial Corrector attempt at Felarya is something I intend to capture in Arc 2 of Sapere Aude, but myself and Karbo still have a lot of discussion points to be had regarding how things should play out.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:48 pm

The period listed here from the start of the war with the correctors to the end includes all sections of the war.

When I refer to Alcazath defeating the correctors I am referring only to his defeat of them near where he will build the Mysterious Temple.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:23 am

I would like to make a quick intervention here.

I think you people are doing a truly awesome job, you have ideas that makes a lot of sense and are well though off. BUT regardless, please, don't assume they are true just yet ^^;

We are talking about the history of the world here. that's a very important and serious subject that need a lot of reflexion from my part, especially given the fact it will have things to do with the plot of the manga. I'm making this point because it seems the idea of having giant elves being artificial and the Ur-Sagol gate being made by the corrector comes from there. They have been presented as true and established facts which is simply not the case, especially for the gate.

So yeah let's not go ahead of ourselves here and take things slowly people.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 am

Karbo wrote:
I would like to make a quick intervention here.

I think you people are doing a truly awesome job, you have ideas that makes a lot of sense and are well though off. BUT regardless, please, don't assume they are true just yet ^^;

We are talking about the history of the world here. that's a very important and serious subject that need a lot of reflexion from my part, especially given the fact it will have things to do with the plot of the manga. I'm making this point because it seems the idea of having giant elves being artificial and the Ur-Sagol gate being made by the corrector comes from there. They have been presented as true and established facts which is simply not the case, especially for the gate.

So yeah let's not go ahead of ourselves here and take things slowly people.

This is just an idea thread - like any other idea thread on the forum. So suggestions can be made (Which have been - ideas like the dimensional gate being made by the correctors came from a suggestion).

I've always been open to modifying this, even scrapping it, if its found to be unworkable. I just need feedback.

I'm just suggesting answers to mysteries (i.e. - Why are there giant elves? Why are there elven ruins?). The problem arises when those mysteries are unsolved, but people want an answer, and one answer becomes the most popular.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:12 am

I hear that. But even if an answer is popular, it don't necessarily means it will be adopted in the end.
So until it has been decided, they should be mentioned in other threads as assumptions, not established facts. Otherwise it will provoke confusion.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:21 am

im a bit late, but whatever:

very nice job! =D (or maybe ive already commented it...ah anyways. double applause wouldnt kill you :/)

i really really like it. and i would just like to ehm...propose you something.

for example, you named your timeline like this: THE WAR WITH THE CORRECTORS, AND AFTERMATH / THE ELVEN EMPIRE / etc

well, here, on earth, it is not how we name the different eras of our time. like, for example, there was the MIDDLE-AGE, which regrouped many powerful kingdom of that era (France, Spain, etc.). So, what i suggest you here is to ehm...give a name to the eras. I dont know if you see what i mean...Just an example: instead of war with the correctors and aftermath, you could call it something like The Dark Era (yeah its pathetic but whatever)

i hope you see what i mean! =D

or, even, you can regroup two eras you named (Correctors and Elven empire) and regroup them into ONE big era that you will give a name to.

i know itll be hard to understand me...just ask if you dont understand! =D
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
im a bit late, but whatever:

very nice job! =D (or maybe ive already commented it...ah anyways. double applause wouldnt kill you :/)

i really really like it. and i would just like to ehm...propose you something.

for example, you named your timeline like this: THE WAR WITH THE CORRECTORS, AND AFTERMATH / THE ELVEN EMPIRE / etc

well, here, on earth, it is not how we name the different eras of our time. like, for example, there was the MIDDLE-AGE, which regrouped many powerful kingdom of that era (France, Spain, etc.). So, what i suggest you here is to ehm...give a name to the eras. I dont know if you see what i mean...Just an example: instead of war with the correctors and aftermath, you could call it something like The Dark Era (yeah its pathetic but whatever)

i hope you see what i mean! =D

or, even, you can regroup two eras you named (Correctors and Elven empire) and regroup them into ONE big era that you will give a name to.

i know itll be hard to understand me...just ask if you dont understand! =D

Hmm, I understand what you're saying. And I do understand what you are proposing.

I suppose I can think of more exciting names. I'm just generally slow to slap labels on things, since in History, everything is messy. You can ask ten different historians when the Middle Ages ended and the Early Modern Period begins and get 10 different answers! Some will even insist that you also break up a section for the Renaissance too.

So, in general, I divided it up depending on what the powers in control were (though, since history is messy, that isn't also the greatest solution.)

Still, I'll work on maybe some renaming.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Very interesting. This makes sense. Also, I just noticed that I have three characters who are older than Negav...Wow, considering that both of their families have occasionally come into Felarya...Anyway, this is a good idea and seems well thought out.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:22 am

Made a wiki update up to the Era of Mirages.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:50 am

i find this thread so interesting! its amazing. and like says the video im posting right now: History will be made Smile

lets not give up!
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
i find this thread so interesting! its amazing. and like says the video im posting right now: History will be made Smile

lets not give up!

I only hope that history will, this time, favour the Canucks...

Anyways, I made the adjustments to the Chronology. I just have a question - is there a particular reason all events happen in convenient divisible by ten dates?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Because at this time historians cannot be precise enough. It will get more precise as it becomes more recent. And also many things are provisory here.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Karbo wrote:
Because at this time historians cannot be precise enough. It will get more precise as it becomes more recent. And also many things are provisory here.

Hmm, that's what I thought. If it refers to general events, it doesn't really matter. If it refers to a specific event, something should probably be put in to indicate it is an estimation of a time roughly when that event may have happened.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:30 am

I'm working on the elves era. I'm going to use many of your ideas but I think I will make them a tad more isolationnist, expanding their empire more by necessity and meddling in the affair of their subdued "subjects" only when elves interests are directly concerned ( for example growing insecurity in a given region ).

As I see it their empire will collapse mostly due to repeated revolts, because elves make poor rulers when it comes to rule other races. They are simply not interested enough by them.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:24 am

Karbo wrote:
I'm working on the elves era. I'm going to use many of your ideas but I think I will make them a tad more isolationnist, expanding their empire more by necessity and meddling in the affair of their subdued "subjects" only when elves interests are directly concerned ( for example growing insecurity in a given region ).

As I see it their empire will collapse mostly due to repeated revolts, because elves make poor rulers when it comes to rule other races. They are simply not interested enough by them.

I'm not sure why they would revolt if that is the case.
If elves don't interfere most of the time, then their subjects would be largely self ruling, which is a desirable situation for many. Why would they revolt, if all the elfs did was keep the peace?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:47 am

Well let's say that some dridders would start to attack human settlements. The humans would ask elves to intervene since they are in charge but the elves wouldn't care very much and wouldn't move unless it starts creating problems for them as well. after a couple of times, the ruled would come to the conclusion that being under the rules of elves don't bring them much.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:19 am

Hmm, I don't think elves should be that incompetent.
I mean, do they demand taxes or any form of tribute? I'd imagine they would, it usually goes with having an empire.
That would ensure that at least some level of "law enforcement" by the elves, because their subjects can just threaten to refuse tribute/taxes if the elves start slacking. That way it does involve them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:13 am

I think what Karbo means is that the elves would prioritize themselves big time. For example, if something were to attack their empire, the way I see it, they would first fortify or prepare their capital before sending any kind of reinforcement to the settlements belonging to the other races.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronology
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next