Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chronology

Go down 
+22
sparkythechu
Krisexy26
asaenvolk
walkingbyself
Shady Knight
TheLightLost
Rezec
Claire
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Jasconius
Karbo
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Archmage_Bael
Asuroth
ravaging vixen
rcs619
luke112
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Jætte_Troll
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Chronology - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:10 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Hmm, I don't think elves should be that incompetent.
I mean, do they demand taxes or any form of tribute? I'd imagine they would, it usually goes with having an empire.
That would ensure that at least some level of "law enforcement" by the elves, because their subjects can just threaten to refuse tribute/taxes if the elves start slacking. That way it does involve them.

Well since their empire lasted so long I wouldn't call them incompetent Razz
but things change. you can have a wise ruler building a solid legacy that then will be squandered by another incompetent one. and elves tend to pay little interest to other races in general so that would be the more natural mindset, the one that progressively come back.

Sean : Oh yes very much so
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Karbo wrote:
Well let's say that some dridders would start to attack human settlements. The humans would ask elves to intervene since they are in charge but the elves wouldn't care very much and wouldn't move unless it starts creating problems for them as well. after a couple of times, the ruled would come to the conclusion that being under the rules of elves don't bring them much.

Well, I pretty much said that, except with nekos.

What changes are you intending to make overall? So far your idea seems pretty much what I had down.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Hm. I think the point AJ is trying to make is that if the elves don't interfere at all, then wouldn't the humans just fortify their settlements by themselves and pretend the elves aren't even there, instead of going through the bother of revolting? If there were taxes, or some form of tribute, I could see it.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:49 am

Yeah, pretty much what Zion said is what I meant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:51 am

Yes, I think there are taxes. As well, there is, to a degree, enforcement of Elvish laws, which the Elves saw as more fair and progressive.

As well, the Elves would interfere if any of the provinces started attacking each other, not wanting Empires springing up in the middle of their Empire. (Though this eventually happened anyways).
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Added more about elven age
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Karbo wrote:
Added more about elven age

Just a few notes from what I see so far -

You confuse the term "decadence" and "decline" - i.e, it should read Historians agree to say Tibon's death marks the beginning of the Elven Empire's slow decline.

As well, you seem to put the Oloonde lakeland as the center of power, with the first Empress being from there. Thus this date seems to be a little out of place.

4269 B.U. – Elven settlers inhabit the Oloonde lakeland.

Is this the complete list of dates for this time frame?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:33 pm

alright indeed I mixed the two words, thanks for the notice.

For the Oloonde region being center of power though, well Kadyns are now residing in Kalichidhen indeed but their clan wasn't born there. it comes from the north as most elves do.

As for the dates, as I wrote on the page this is really subject to change quite a bit still. I'm sure there is many entries I'm going to add over the time as well as hierarchize them ( for example put important dates in bold ). But overall it's mostly how I see the things happening yes.
Back to top Go down
justpissoffalready
Naga food

PostSubject: WOW   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Impressive. Most impressive!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:41 am

Hop, new update on the Sagolians and dridder eras
We're getting there ^^
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Thought I might try to come up with some history for the malphasites currently in Felarya.
- - -

2704 B.U. - Lady Garengu, matriarch of the Crooked Claw tribe, a minor tribe of malphasites, protests against her peoples use in the Tenebris war. Her cries go unanswered, forcing her to take action. In a daring move, she leads her tribe out of Hell and into Felarya, via a hellmouth located deep within the depths of the Ascarlin mountains.

2698 B.U. - Garengu and her people attempt to find refuge within the Elven Empire, but are denied. Already in disorder due internal uprisings, they are skeptical, partly because of their demonic nature and partly due to the belief that they were in fact spies sent forward before a possible invasion by the forces of Hell. With no where else to turn to, the tribe of the Crooked Claw begin their long march across Felarya, an event that will come to be known as "Trail of the Exiles" by their own people.

2422 B.U. - The "Trail of the Exiles" comes to an end. Talks between Lady Garengu of the malphasites and Queen Charssadha occur, and it is agreed to that Crooked Claw tribe shall become a subservient provence of the Dridder Empire. The fortified city of Stormhaven is soon constructed near the Kjol cliffs, near the western edge of the Dridder forest. In return for protection and trade in raw materials, the malphasites construct and enchant weapons and armor for the dridders.

Last edited by Jasconius on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 am

Jasconius wrote:

3704 B.U. - Lady Garengu

I looked at that and saw' lady gaga'.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 am

Jasconius wrote:
Thought I might try to come up with some history for the malphasites currently in Felarya.
The history entries you suggest seem good to me, but the last entry is dated at 2422 B.U., that is, over a thousand and two hundred years after they were denied from joining the elven empire. Even if Felarya is big, that seems an awfully long time to end up with the dridders, who where not that far from their initial location, the Ascarlin mountains. Maybe it was a typo and you meant 3422 B.U.?

Also, wouldn't the demons do something about some lower-ranking demons escaping from the realm? If they did nothing, it would most likely lead to even more of them escaping.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:02 am

Edited it a bit to reduce the time span. As for the rest, I figured that the war effort would prevent a major force from being sent out, though a few bagalluk would indeed be sent out.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:14 am

I see, that's good. I think it fits okay now, good work. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronology   Chronology - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronology
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4