Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new alien race for Felarya

Go down 
+9
rcs619
luke112
Jætte_Troll
buddha66667
Pendragon
Black Aquila
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
Solomon
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 am

Quote :
after giving some thought into it I think I will inprof the Ambaliens a lot one idea that I've come up with as to why they hate Humans is because a group of Deluran out laws invaded Ambala (when the Ambaliens were in the Trible stage of evelotion)later the out laws were welcomed by the Ambaliens(because at first the Ambaliens thought the out laws were Angels)but later the out laws killed off an entire Tribe of Ambaliens so they could take the Tribes resores for themselfs later Allies of the destroyed Tribe band together to kill the Human out laws to evenge there fellow Tribes men. the Ambaliens have seen Humans as Demons even sense that day. later as time went by the Ambaliens have been trying to protect other races from the Demons known as Humans so that other races don't suffer the same fate as the Lost Tribe.

oh thank you for giving me a few ideas on how I should inprof the Ambaliens

You may want to just make up a random human civilization for this.

The Delurans, for the most part, have seemed like fairly normal, average people. I just don't think they would be the ones to do the whole "kill and screw over the natives" thing. It would just end up painting the Delurans in a bad light overall. Not to mention you'd actually have to get permission from whoever currently owns the Delurans (I think its Karbo) to do that anyways.

A made-up group of humans may be better for that, if you're just going to use it as a plot-device to develop your own species.

Also, with the Delurans, I don't think they are, like ultra-advanced. I mean, they obviously have dimensional gate technology, but I always got the impression that their tech was maybe decades ahead of modern Earth technology, not hundreds of years.

Also, I don't really see why you're trying to create that kind of blind racism. Maybe you just don't like humans, or something. Generally, by the time a race makes it to the interstellar stage, they realize that the universe is not a simple, black and white thing. I mean, if some of the groups on Earth can forgive eachother from the things we've done to one another, I doubt an interstellar civilization is going to hold onto such extreme, blind hatred.

Holding an entire species accountable for something that happened to a single tribe thousands of years ago seems kind of, excessive.

Also, from the tribal to interstellar phase in a civilization would be thousands of years. If humans did attack a tribe back in the day, by the time they developed advanced spacecraft, it would be little more than a myth. It wouldn't suprise me if most of them believed it never actually happened.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:55 am

Quote :
after giving some thought into it I think I will inprof the Ambaliens a lot one idea that I've come up with as to why they hate Humans is because a group of Deluran out laws invaded Ambala (when the Ambaliens were in the Trible stage of evelotion)later the out laws were welcomed by the Ambaliens(because at first the Ambaliens thought the out laws were Angels)but later the out laws killed off an entire Tribe of Ambaliens so they could take the Tribes resores for themselfs later Allies of the destroyed Tribe band together to kill the Human out laws to evenge there fellow Tribes men. the Ambaliens have seen Humans as Demons even sense that day. later as time went by the Ambaliens have been trying to protect other races from the Demons known as Humans so that other races don't suffer the same fate as the Lost Tribe.

oh thank you for giving me a few ideas on how I should inprof the Ambaliens
Why would they even need to kill them?
Interstellar travel opens up countless worlds. If X resource is required by a space-going civilisation, they can just get it from somewhere that isn't inhabited. Now, assuming there is a resource that they can not get anywhere else but an inhabited planet. They could easily find a location that isn't inhabited and extract the resources from there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 am

You may want to just make up a random human civilization for this.

The Delurans, for the most part, have seemed like fairly normal, average people. I just don't think they would be the ones to do the whole "kill and screw over the natives" thing. It would just end up painting the Delurans in a bad light overall. Not to mention you'd actually have to get permission from whoever currently owns the Delurans (I think its Karbo) to do that anyways.

A made-up group of humans may be better for that, if you're just going to use it as a plot-device to develop your own species.

Also, with the Delurans, I don't think they are, like ultra-advanced. I mean, they obviously have dimensional gate technology, but I always got the impression that their tech was maybe decades ahead of modern Earth technology, not hundreds of years.

well come to think of it your problely right sweatdrop .

Also, I don't really see why you're trying to create that kind of blind racism. Maybe you just don't like humans, or something.

well after seeing a lot of Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies and Manga/Anime I've seen how evil Humans can be to other races so..I thought making an alien race that suffered at the hands of Humans would be a good idea for the series thats all sweatdrop.

Generally, by the time a race makes it to the interstellar stage, they realize that the universe is not a simple, black and white thing. I mean, if some of the groups on Earth can forgive eachother from the things we've done to one another, I doubt an interstellar civilization is going to hold onto such extreme, blind hatred.

I don't know about that the aliens known as Xorda from the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series hate the Humans to the point of extinction for killing only one of there Emissary.

Holding an entire species accountable for something that happened to a single tribe thousands of years ago seems kind of, excessive.

well as the old saying go's revenge can blind everything sweatdrop .

Also, from the tribal to interstellar phase in a civilization would be thousands of years. If humans did attack a tribe back in the day, by the time they developed advanced spacecraft, it would be little more than a myth. It wouldn't suprise me if most of them believed it never actually happened. [/quote]

I guess your right sweatdrop good thing I'm working on the Ambaliens little by little each day I'm mainly posting my ideas on how to inprof them by posting my little ideas here at the forum.

also please keep in mind I'm still new sweatdrop .
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am

No need for all the sweatdrops, man. Everyone has a bit of an adjustment period when they really get serious about writing for Felarya. It can take a bit to get a handle on the "feel" of the setting. We've all had to tweak, edit or even re-do ideas entirely. Just gotta find your feet and you'll be fine ^^

That's what this forum is for. People here only leave such detailed comments because they really care about the setting, and want to help people to understand it better, so that they can put forth the best ideas possible.

Also, if you're trying to quote someone, you can use quotes to put what they said in orange boxes. Just put quote tags around the text. Put [quote_] (minus the underscore) in front of the text you want to quote and [/quote_] (without the underscore) at the end.

Or if you have trouble getting them working, just use quotation marks. It will make your posts a bit easier to read through.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:00 pm

thanks for letting me know:)

well I hope when I breing the Ambalien bio back it will be something everyone can enjoy:)

also I understand everyone here is trying to help me Very Happy I'm an understanding kind of guy in all truth so I'm always glad to hear from people who have been here longer then I have just let me know how I should inprof my ideas so they can work out for everyone please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Solomon wrote:
also I understand everyone here is trying to help me Very Happy I'm an understanding kind of guy in all truth so I'm always glad to hear from people who have been here longer then I have just let me know how I should inprof my ideas so they can work out for everyone please Very Happy
This. This right here is the right attitude.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:10 am

oh thank you a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:55 am

Let's see...

RCS, I can see why Solomon would want the Ambaliens to not like humans, especially if avenging the attack on the first tribe was a huge turning point in their history.
Still, I can agree that only one attack is a bit ridiculous for such an enormous grudge, and the use of the Delurans is a bad idea.

Perhaps, instead, the Ambaliens have been constantly harassed by a human civilization through their history, coming to see these mysterious invaders that appeared out of nowhere as some kind of Demon.
After thousands of years, Ambalien science has finally been able to trace "The Great Enemy" to Felarya, only to discover that the particular society that made first contact with them has long since been destroyed...
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 am

well I've changed the Ambaliens into an unknown Human race at the moment but......thanks for the good idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 am

Solomon wrote:
well I've changed the Ambaliens into an unknown Human race at the moment but......thanks for the good idea Very Happy
Any time man, any time.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:29 pm

okey I've made the Ambaliens unawere of Humans and there for they don't hate Humans

instead of hating Humans the Ambaliens hate giant Wasps because the giant Wasps from there home world would always attack and hunt the Ambaliens(the Wasps were sentient they enjoyed watching there prey and enemys suffer).

please let me know what you all think of this update on the Ambaliens
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 pm

after putting a lot of thought into it. I've decided to not make the Ambaliens.

I would like to let everyone know there be no Ambaliens and the Admins can delete this topic if they want to I don't mind at all Wink
Back to top Go down
rubythewitch
Tasty morsel
rubythewitch

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 pm

How about a all female alien race
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Ruby, if you've got an idea for an all female alien race, I suggest you write it up, or get someone to help you to work it out and then start a new topic for it, since this thread is pretty much dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new alien race for Felarya   A new alien race for Felarya - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new alien race for Felarya
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2