Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk Moderators...

Go down 
+25
buddha66667
French snack
Silent_eric
Anime-Junkie
Oldman40k2003
Prof.Nekko
Archmage_Bael
Asuroth
MrNobody13
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
Stabs
Karbo
Salvyrn
ZionAtriedes
Darkstorm Zero
Grave
rcs619
Krisexy26
Pendragon
Jætte_Troll
Jasconius
vore4life99
Shady Knight
AisuKaiko
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Let's talk Moderators... Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:08 am

I saw that French Snack is away for the next couple of weeks, and it got me to thinking. Let's look at our staff for a second...

-Fish is gone. Like gone. Gone for good. Gone with a long before it.

-Cliff was "fired" for lack of a better term. Not sure if he'll be getting that back or if anyone even thinks he still deserves it at this point (No offense, Cliff.)

-Timing, well, I rarely see him post. I'd like to think he does more on this forum than I think, but I just don't see it...

-FrenchSnack is away for several days. He's not very social with the other forumites, also, it seems, though he has done some moderations lately. I guess it's all subjective, really.

-And Oldman, he's relatively active. He has taken extended leaves, in the past, as well.

-And of course, Karbo.

So, let's say Oldman catches, like, the turbo flu or something, and is bedridden for weeks. There, we have Karbo and, maybe if he becomes more active, Timing, maybe. But Karbo lives in Europe, so folks in the West may be SOL for much of the day if Oldman were to have to also take a leave.

Our modding staff is a bit low and/or inactive, so if something were to happen, we'd be boned. So I recommend a small addition to the team. There are a few folks who would be good for the job. While I won't preach for their qualifications, I'd like to think that they're the ones who make their qualifications known to the forum on their own. Someone with the time for the job, the kindness yet strength, etcetera, etcetera, ya know it all, I'd like to think.

So yeah, there's my slice of cake for today.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:12 am

I agree that the moderator count is low, and that since we're a pretty small group, it's not a bad thing. But it's better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:32 am

Well french snack is MSE6 to me, so im not that worryed about him being gone, but I do think we need a few more mods...
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:48 am

vore4life99 wrote:
Well french snack is MSE6 to me, so im not that worryed about him being gone, but I do think we need a few more mods...

... what does that even mean? I don't even think MSE6 is a word... or even stand for anything...
Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:18 am

Jasconius wrote:
vore4life99 wrote:

... what does that even mean? I don't even think MSE6 is a word... or even stand for anything...

Two meanings:

1. Some sorta mouse droid thingy from star wars.

2. An over modding mod from where I come from.

Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:41 am

Maybe an overmod where you come from.

But here we don't accept trolling and flaming.

But yeah, I've actually thought of this before and agree with this point. I think some more moderators would really help at this point, to replace those gone and make up for those inactive.

Plus different mods have different strengths. Frenchsnack is very diligent at dealing with trolls when he is around.

But I also miss the more hands on approach of some gone mods - those who interacted a lot with the community and helped the forum seem to be a more united place.

It takes all kinds. And as well, not everyone is cut out to be a mod - and that's not a bad thing at all.

(Also, maybe we should get some more codified rules for mods to follow? I do like the hard stance on random trolling and flaming, but I do think some threads get attacked for simply being impassioned, when a warning would have done. Also, warnings should be given before total thread lock.)

Anyways, yeah, I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:02 pm

I expect a storm of trolling in this vacuum of temporarily absent moddery.

I hope we have emergency plans in case of such events.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:26 pm

i dont know...

like most of the members have noticed, there are like two point of views regarding felarya. one that is more of me, timing, and frenchsnakc and others and one that is more of cliff and jaette and blabla. so i think itll just bring an argue because some people will see in the new mod a bad one while others will see him a a good choice. so yeah i do not know about that.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:30 pm

It isn't a matter of how people view Felarya, and even then, I don't think the camps you suggest exist.

If a mod is fit for the job, then a lot of people will agree. It's a good judge of one's qualification for the job.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:34 pm

i agree with the fact that it practically not exist. still, there are some roots.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
i dont know...

like most of the members have noticed, there are like two point of views regarding felarya. one that is more of me, timing, and frenchsnakc and others and one that is more of cliff and jaette and blabla. so i think itll just bring an argue because some people will see in the new mod a bad one while others will see him a a good choice. so yeah i do not know about that.

I have never met this blabla. Is he a cool dude? He must be if you lumped him in with me and Jeatte =P

But seriously though, I don't honestly think that the community is so divided. People just THINK that it is. That misconception, in all honesty, is about 90% of the problem we've been having on the forum.

Personally though, while I may not agree with all of Frenchsnack and Timing's ideas and views, I have had a few good discussions with them here and there on the forum, and its clear that some of our views are similar. I'd like to hope that the same can be said on their end too. We all have a great mix of viewpoints and ideas on the setting. There aren't any clear sides or any clear black and white views, its all just shades of gray and a lot of misunderstandings and misconceptions.

Most of us here on the forum are friends, or at least decent aquaintences. I doubt anyone would be openly hostile to a new mod. ...and honestly, whether or not people think that new mod is a good choice doesn't matter. What matters is how they behave while on the job.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:01 pm

i dont even know why i said that divide thing...ah whatever im just that dumb sometimes...ii do not take my time to write...

blabla is actually one that is not Razz

yeah were may be friend and all, but i think some people simply shouldnt be named mod
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Well, of course. Some people are better for the job than others.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Well yes, some people shouldn't be made mods.

I, for one, would make an absolutely terrible mod.

And that's okay - some people are better at things than others.

But, I do agree some more active mods would work to quelling problems and random trollers.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:07 am

Not it.

I need my shenanigans to remain under the radar.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Well, I'm sure if it does happen Karbo will let us know now that the views of the people (Some of us at least) has been made known.

Personally, I'll be making some suggestions to Karbo in a PM if I think he needs any help. Me as a mod = an IDK but probably not, because I'm only semi active, and my work schedule is hectic at the best of times because I'm on-call 24/7 being I work security. But I'd like to think I can help out in other avenues.
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:54 pm

I know those who'd I'd vote for, that's for sure. Maybe we should make posters? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:12 am

Hm... it might be a good idea, stop stop large fighting and flaming from sparking up again anytime soon... personally I'd choose someone like Aisu or Anime-Junkie to be a new mod, but that's just me. I don't think I've been here long enough to really pass judgment on any of the current mods. I know Oldman is a good mod as well as a friendly person, but he's the only moderator I really know well at all.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

mh, i dont know if its a good idea to say names and all Razz people may argue on how bad they could handle the mod thing.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Well Stabs is now a moderator. Please wish him luck ! Smile
I agree that we could use more of them now that the site seems to be growing . I'm going to study that question.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:20 pm

I'll do my best, everyone.

Just let me add a reminder to myself...
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Wow, congrats man! I'm sure you'll do a great job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Yup, I'm thinkin' Stabs would be a jawesome mod O:
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:39 pm

I concur. Stabs is definitely an excellent choice. He's almost always neutral in arguments, and he's pretty well-connected to the community at large.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Wow, good luck Stabs.

...and now your name isn't the only reason I'll be trying to stay on your good side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Moderators...   Let's talk Moderators... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk Moderators...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next