Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)

Go down 
+10
sadisticnerd
Nyaha
FalconJudge
cyrushart
Amaroq
Anime-Junkie
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
buddha66667
Mortis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:49 am

If you can't look at the google docs, then I might as well describe Minnacchio here, too. Minnacchio is a 29 year-old stage actor and street performer living in Negav who boasts extraordinary acting talent. In the past he has used his ability to perform to con Negavians, but since being arrested and locked up for it, he's changed his ways. Normally his face has cheerful, squinted eyes, and he always seems to be smiling, but when he's acting, his expression can change quickly and convincingly. He also has a half-red half-black mask he wears when he's performing that covers his face. He often speaks with a slight dramatic flair. He wears a red and black jagged cloak that can blend into it's surroundings, as well as a white t-shirt underneath, black pants, and classic buckled leather boots. He also carries an exquisite rapier for self-defense, and also has many pockets lining the inside of his cloak, full of things like stage makeup, hair colouring, and various disassembled props. Besides his acting talent, he also boasts exceptionally good aim, good fiscal judgement, and various basic self-defense techniques garnered from the many action sequences he's taken part in on stage.

Is that a good description? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Mortals! Your end draws near.

To answer a few questions and clarify a few things:

>Yes you can join Sadisticnerd, though as Nyaha said, wording your bio differently would help people to understand exactly what your character can do.

>Yes the journey shall begin in Negav as it is makes sense that all the characters would be there. Clearly, the journey is going to be long, difficult, and extremely dangerous. Food and water will become an issue. Unless you possess a donkey with several weeks worth of provisions, which I'm sure most of you don't, you will need to forage for food and water along the way. Therefore, this RP is going to be a long one so don't join unless you are sure you wont leave halfway through.

>Maximum waiting time for posting is 1 week. With a good excuse, (Grief, Job issues, Exams, Holidays etc.), that can be increased.

>Not ready yet? Don't fret, I will wait a little longer if you wish.

Any other questions? PM me and I shall answer.

P.S Scratch the part about leaving half way through. If anyone exceeds the time limit then you will die. Simple really.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Well my character isn't fit for Negav life so I shall not be posting until the setting changes.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Indeed, although my character could enter Negav, it's highly unlikely he would ever venture there, so like buddha I won't be entering the roleplay until the setting changes, unless my and buddha's characters meet up outside Negav
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Mortis wrote:

>Yes you can join Sadisticnerd, though as Nyaha said, wording your bio differently would help people to understand exactly what your character can do.

>Yes the journey shall begin in Negav as it is makes sense that all the characters would be there. Clearly, the journey is going to be long, difficult, and extremely dangerous. Food and water will become an issue. Unless you possess a donkey with several weeks worth of provisions, which I'm sure most of you don't, you will need to forage for food and water along the way. Therefore, this RP is going to be a long one so don't join unless you are sure you wont leave halfway through.

>Maximum waiting time for posting is 1 week. With a good excuse, (Grief, Job issues, Exams, Holidays etc.), that can be increased.

P.S Scratch the part about leaving half way through. If anyone exceeds the time limit then you will die. Simple really.
Meh....I can't say I like the way you say things. :/ They make me feel uneasy. But this is something I want to try for myself, so I can't back out now. Although, it is a little more serious than I'd like...Nya, I can't decide!! T.T
Back to top Go down
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Mortis wrote:

Okay so I will be more specific in my words that may cause some problems

Sadistic the nerd(his full name)

He the four different personalities are extremely different than the other one and it is actually 4 souls in one body because of the fact that the first sadistic ended up being possessed by other 3 souls but no one could actually control completely his body so now they all share the same one (I planned to reveal in my history that so consider as a bonus!) and he is immune to mind reading powers and each one specializes in different weapons.
The illusions fact is that "they" will always assume the worst to protect himself in the adventure he has prepared himself to fight a tonoriom because he knew that can't get much worse than that .
his weapon is a double-sword or a sword or a knife or a hammer it depends which soul is controlling him at the moment so he always has all of them in his bag
the book when opened acts like a impossibly powerful sleep spell that affects anyone around him ,including himself.
No one knows any of the four souls background except themselves and they don't plan to reveal any of them.
I think that's enough and since I didn't even started his history I won't reveal anything more with the exception that he can memorize most of techniques that he sees and sometimes end up using the same one.
I would post this on google docs but I'm kinda unsure if my character will make into the history so it seems better if I wait the permission
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Is what I've already posted enough of a bio? Oh, and Reg has red hair.

Is it alright if, as he is rich, he has, like, a bag of holding? It makes sense, I think... it could only hold small things, though, or it would be too powerful... how about a change purse of holding for small things?

And I don't think he would engage in theatre, but I could definately see the two getting along.

Also: Is everyone okay with him being the benefactor of the expedition as well as a member? I really want to know if it's okay.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:38 pm

For those who can't see the google doc; here's the character template:

Name
Species
Height (head to ground)
Hair Colour
Eye colour
Other Visual Characteristics
Abilities & Skills
Equipment & Clothing
Personality Not required, but if not used please provide a backstory
BackstoryNot required, but if not used please provide a personality
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:04 am

Alright So I guess I will go with this character then. Be warned he's not very sociable but always more then willing to help those who need it.

Second choice:
Name: Nihlus
Species: Kitsune
Height (head to ground): 64"
Hair Colour: Red
Eye colour: Hazel
Other Visual Characteristics: Has several Grey tribal tatoo's on arms as well as hole in right ear exhales small puffs steam due to body being constantly cold.
Abilities & Skills : Able to use some rather advanced forms of Water and Cold (Ice) magic.
Equipment & Clothing: Wears a grey tunic and sweater with normal clothes. Carries a Frostlite sword which helps to amplify his water and cold abilities (see gt500x's description on frostlite)

Personality: Not very social and seems to always give others a "cold shoulder" figuratively and literally. Will lend a hand when necessary or when the need arises but generally keeps to himself.

Backstory: Easily mistaken as a neko as a child Nihlus grew up along the western shores of Felarya near the Imoreith Tundra where he learned to use both water and cold (ice) magic. During a ceremony that was common in his clan that was supposed to allow those that under go it immune to the cold environments of the Imoreith Tundra the ceremony itself succeeded and he is now immune to the cold of the Imoreith Tundra however as an unforeseen side effect Nihlus body now cold at all times to the point where his breath is a cold mist. Naturally this constant cold has made him bitter as any that touched him always received frost bite, and therefore none wished to associate with him as everyone assumed he did so on purpose. Tired of being shunned by his own clan Nihlus left the cold western coast of Felarya and moved towards the warmer Eastern coast hoping to make a better life for himself only to find the same distrust and new dislike for the beings of the Felaryan eastern coast.

Last edited by walkingbyself on Mon May 23, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 5:45 am

Yes Walkingbyself both of those are fine.

What exactly do you mean by benefactor of the expedition Falcon Judge?

And finally Sadisticnerd. Don't take it personally, but I would rather you didn't join this RP. Don't think I am doing it to intentionally make you sad, I just think it would be for the best if you didn't join. That doesn't mean you can't join someone elses or start your own if you want.
Back to top Go down
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:30 am

Mortis wrote:
Yes Walkingbyself both of those are fine.

What exactly do you mean by benefactor of the expedition Falcon Judge?

And finally Sadisticnerd. Don't take it personally, but I would rather you didn't join this RP. Don't think I am doing it to intentionally make you sad, I just think it would be for the best if you didn't join. That doesn't mean you can't join someone elses or start your own if you want.

Well that's okay its best if I make the history of my character before putting him on someone's history and its more interesting reading histories that I don't have the slight idea of the ending. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:23 am

The only problem I have with Walking's characters is that he only uses inches. Can we get those heights in feet and inches, please? Smile
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:29 am

Nyaha wrote:
The only problem I have with Walking's characters is that he only uses inches. Can we get those heights in feet and inches, please? Smile

Those would be 6' and 5'4", respectively.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:39 am

sparkythechu wrote:
Nyaha wrote:

Thank you. *bows appreciatively*
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:55 am

Nyaha wrote:
sparkythechu wrote:
Nyaha wrote:

Thank you. *bows appreciatively*
No problem.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Name: Reg

Species: Human

Height: 6'2"

Hair: Red

Eyes: Brown

Other: There is a sense of calmness and understanding usually coming from him.

Abilities: His time in the Jungle taught him many things. One thing was to never fight a predator in anything even vaguely resembling a fair fight. As such, he learned quite a bit of "tricky" defensive magic.
It should also be noted that he is remarkably intelligent (he has survived 5 different excursions into the Jungle...) and tends to use advanced tactics in any stressful situations. In addition, he has a good, strong speaking voice and is very articulate.

Equipment: He is rich. As such, he has access to a wide variety of tools and items. He has the basics, a backpack and supplies, and also a sleeping bag that has been "magically balanced" by mages; or, it is immune to the sixth sense. This was exorbitantly expensive, and took a large chunk out of his considerable fortune. As such, while he tried to purchase a bag of holding for his miscellaneous supplies, he could only (prudently) afford a little "coin-purse of holding". He packed a ridiculous number of energy bars and other small, long-lasting foods in there, but not too much in the way of meals besides little tubes of dehydrated food and some miscellaneous supplies. He also has a pencil and paper, and some supplies for use in spell-casting.

As for clothing, he has a rather loose outfit made of varying colors of red fabric on normally. He has packed a set of clothes of a similar description, but slightly tighter and made of green materials instead for the Jungle.

Personality: He seems to be a kind and peaceful man, owing to his time being raised by a Minalcan priest. His kindness and age has made him somewhat a father figure to his household servants, a role which he took well to. Even so, he has a history of rather ruthless business practices towards his enemies, and his anger, when aroused, is unexpectedly fierce. He also has a stunning fear of the desert, as well as an extreme sense of caution about certain areas of the Jungle, sometimes bordering on simply freezing like a computer when he sees something that reminds him too heavily of his youth.

History: Born poor and with only his mother for company in a small Jungle village near the Topaz sea, he was abandoned by her when he was 12 years old. At this point, the circumstances conspired to send him into the great jungle, where he wandered around on the edge of death constantly for well over a year. He was found by a group of somewhat competent adventurers, who took him back with them to Negav and left him in the care of an elderly pries of Minalca. This started a peaceful, studious portion of his life, wherein he learned to read and write.

He also learned some magic where and when he could, though he did not become adept at it until later. He sold some of the treasure he had hidden upon coming to Negav from the jungle and wrote a novel about his life at the age of 16, primarily that of his time in the jungle. It was published and received well by the public. He then, at 18, went on an expedition into the Jungle for publicity and also for a want of excitement with a number of adventurers, including several of his saviors from 6 years previous.

It ended badly. He and 2 others were the sole survivors, making it through on luck alone. He did get a few items, however, and some of them were quite valuable. The most important was an ancient, ancient book he found in the mysterious temple. When all was said and done, it gave him an idea. He sold the rest, and used his capital from his book and all of his remaining treasure to found a small bookstore in a strategic location. In it, he also offered the old tome at a truly exorbitant price. The Library of Negav bought it for hardly less than the advertised price, and people remembered his name.

The expedition served another purpose, giving him some notoriety among the exploring crowd. Many became loyal customers, as well. His money and business were growing. The final act that sealed his fortune was yet another excursion into the jungle, leaving his store in the care of a close friend. He was by now a fairly experienced adventurer, and he did make it back, with some difficulty and luck and even more treasure, although now he focused on collecting magical books.

This worked wonders; in a few years, he managed to open another store. Then another. Soon, it was a chain, and one well known by both his public and his business rivals. He wrote several more books, including one focusing on self-help. At 57, he had his own mansion in an upper district, and servants. He went on 2 more adventures, and at the end of his 5th time in the Jungle, he decided his luck wouldn't hold further, and retired to a peaceful city life with his servants.

Until the dream. He quietly arranged his affairs, so that in the event of his death, he had a good inheritor (who is unimportant). He took a large portion of his savings, well over half, and decided to spend it on one last outing. He did not know if he would come back, nor did he care. He only knew that he had to go. He sought out individuals with the same premonition for the journey and prepared for the departure.

------------------------

That's Reg. And, Mortis, what I meant by benefactor is that he would pay for the supplies and foot the bill for the preparation expenses for the group. Is that okay?

Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Yes Falcon Judge that will be fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:51 am

That is totaly coolness! ^.^ Quick, someone help me think of a-- nevermind, I need to keep that to myself...Why would my character take this outing...?
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Nyaha wrote:
That is totaly coolness! ^.^ Quick, someone help me think of a-- nevermind, I need to keep that to myself...Why would my character take this outing...?

A vision, as stated in the opening post?
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Shoot me a PM when you guys are ready to begin until then I'll surf the Forum geek
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:07 am

So is everyone ready? Thats good. However, I myself am not ready I am afraid. A real life issue has popped up, kicked me in the teeth and I gotta go toe to toe with it.

"But thats life... thats what all the people say. Flying high in April... Shot down in May." XD

Don't worry though I'll deal with it by the end of the week. Then we can FINALLY start ok? Sorry about this but thats life huh? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:13 am

I'm concerned more for you than the RP. Remember, if you ever need someone to talk to, or just to listen to your problems, I'm here for you. Sad
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm

It sounds good enough to wait for.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:30 pm

I hope you find a resolution that ensures your safe return then. Until then I wait for your return.
Back to top Go down
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:38 am

the history can wait your problems can't so try to take care of your problems before begin to write your history

Last edited by sadisticnerd on Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)   Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now Recruiting Heroes! (Cancelled)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: