Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations

Go down 
+21
jedi-explorer
Darth_Nergal
Saen Kel
Zephyr102
Ilceren
McKindle
parameciumkid
keroko
Qwuillin
EvilGenius
walkingbyself
Archmage_Bael
Stabs
MetaSkipper
Black Hole Fragment
Chibi-Hiruki
TheLightLost
Sehoolighan
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

(Edited out for revision)

Last edited by Nyaha on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:38 am

Okay, I think I've come up with an interesting enough idea here. My idea is to make the ability of referencing the existence of Earth in Felarya canon possible, without it actually being our Earth so as to avoid crossovers and arguments, or avoid whatever it was we're trying to avoid by not making the existence of Earth canon in Felarya. If you don't think it fits, say so, but if you have any ideas that might help, also say so, please and thank you.

Earth Dimension

The ‘Earth Dimension’ is a world which links to Felarya every so often here and there. The main thing that makes the Earth Dimension interesting is that, despite the fact that a decent number of adventurers and travellers - and often enough people lost to dimensional anomalies - all claim to have originated in this world, there is no definitive description of it. Each person seems to have a different idea of the world they came from; some speak of a futuristic world in the sky due to the land itself being buried in garbage, others talk of a green, clean world where many people live in harmony, and others yet describe a turbulent world of politics and wars. The reason for this is because the world commonly known as ‘Earth’ occurs in multiple instances in many different dimensions and timelines, each one with a different reality based on the decisions people living in it have made over history. In theory, there are infinite ‘Earths’ that can have any range of realities; anything a person could imagine might be real in one of these worlds.

There is one thing that seems to be consistent with most Earths: magic doesn’t exist. There are exceptions, naturally, but often enough most Earthlings (residents of Earth, be they human or otherwise) arrive on Felarya through dimensional anomalies or vanishing lands. However, another thing that seems to be most common among Earthlings is individuals discovering latent magic abilities at one point or another after arriving in Felarya, which had been previously unknown due to the low magic content in the Earth Dimension.

Last edited by Nyaha on Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:03 am

This is interesting, actually I've been wondering how to come up with a way to link all the earth's together. There's a lot of adventurers people write about involving "earth" so it may be about time something like this is established, but not as a connected world. Like you said "every so often, here and there".
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:04 am

It's not a bad idea. It actually sounds a bit like Earth as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, where it and other worlds in "plural sectors" have a somewhat shaky existence, or tend to cross over between parallel universes. What you've explained is almost exactly how I felt about Felarya's relationship to Earth and parallel universes, i.e. that being nestled between "dimensions", or parallel universes, it can be visited by multiple versions of the same world.
The one flaw I found is that IMO the part about earthlings frequently ending up near settlements isn't necessary. Rather we simply don't hear a lot about those who end up in the middle of the jungle because their stories would always be of the form "so-and-so winds up in Felarya, may or may not do some stuff for a little while, then gets eaten or starves in the wilderness," which gets boring and offers no potential for sequels.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:17 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
The one flaw I found is that IMO the part about earthlings frequently ending up near settlements isn't necessary. Rather we simply don't hear a lot about those who end up in the middle of the jungle because their stories would always be of the form "so-and-so winds up in Felarya, may or may not do some stuff for a little while, then gets eaten or starves in the wilderness," which gets boring and offers no potential for sequels.
I agree, now that you've pointed it out. Changed.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:05 am

I really like this idea Very Happy If so much of Felarya can be based on legend and lore, why can't Earth? It may been seen as a bit of a handwave but it's actually a very clever way of bringing together various backstories while remaining canon. As long as it doesn't tempt people into dropping their efforts into inventing brilliant new lands for their OCs to come from I think this is a good thing for Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Mute Grounds

The Mute Grounds are a place located in what has been said to be the dead-centre of Imoreith Tundra. It is a place where the snow and the ice seem not to reach, and it becomes a sort of rocky plateau, where there is a little more vegetation growing through the rocks and dirt, many of which actually bear edible fruits. Various naturally-occurring vegetables have been found here as well. The most notable feature, however, is that, unlike in the rest of the tundra where the physics of sound fluctuate, this area never has any sound at all. The second or third most notable feature is the large structure located in the middle of it, which appears to be a three-story-high temple, with stairs on the west side leading up to the entrance at the top. Inside there are many statues, well-made, of very old-looking men and women, which are thought to symbolize wisdom and integrity; they are considered strange or just out-of-place by many because people do not become old on Felarya. From there, the structure goes downwards on the inside, leading down to a vast dungeon beneath the ground many floors deep, which is populated by many and various dangerous beasts and monsters, as well as self-resetting traps. It is unknown just how far down it reaches.

Some who have managed to survive and return from this dungeon describe a strange feeling of ease and peace coming over them the further down they went; at first it is not very noticeable, but it becomes more apparent deeper underground, and the amount and aggressiveness of the beasts in the area decrease as well. The strangest thing of all about the Mute Grounds is that it is home to a number of people, mostly human but with other races mixed in, who all claim to be members of the Brotherhood of Mute. This is part of what gives the Mute Grounds its name. They don't seem to have any homes or settlements in the area, which has led some to believe that they reside somewhere inside the temple. Just where their safe grounds are located is a mystery, though, as is their method of getting from there to the surface of the grounds. The members spend much of their time writing new scriptures containing messages from their goddess, Mute, and passing on their knowledge and beliefs to the next generation. They are often seen outside the temple, and most usually at nighttime, gazing at the sky. They believe that those who are 'enlightened' are able to read the messages of knowledge contained in the lights that appear in the tundra's sky.

Brotherhood of Mute

The Brotherhood of Mute is a religious group that is present in Felarya. It is founded on beliefs concerning "__", the goddess of knowledge, focus, and tolerance. Her name is silence itself, and thus cannot be spoken, however she is referred to in many languages using words referring to silence, most of which translate into English as "Mute". The Brotherhood believes in the power of knowledge, and its members aim to learn as much as they can about anything they are interested in, both as individuals and as a group, and to sharpen their minds and be able to attain deep levels of focus. Some pursue these goals through intense meditation, others by going on adventures and learning things by experience or holing themselves up in libraries and reading as much as they can. It is said that those who have attained the most intense level of focus possible, also referred to as those who are 'enlightened', are able to hear the silent messages that the goddess Mute speaks. Those who are enlightened then have a duty to pass down those messages to other members of the Brotherhood, so that they may learn from them. It is not uncommon, though not demanded, for members of the Brotherhood of Mute to take vows of silence in order to increase their focus, or to pursue the ideal of listening and learning rather than being listened to.

Though the religion's actions are rather laid-back, its members are widely seen as stiff and uptight, though not necessarily judgemental. Most of the Brotherhood's members are descendants of previous generation's members, and any recruitment is done purely by word-of-mouth, in the belief that those who seek knowledge will naturally discover the religion on their own. They have a sort of monastery-esque church where members of the Brotherhood congregate and share their knowledge with each other or meditate in groups, though there has also been talk of a large group of them living somewhere in Imoreith Tundra as well. It should be noted that, although it is called the 'Brotherhood', it is very socially progressive and has many female members as well.

Last edited by Nyaha on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Quote :
Inside there are many statues, well-made, of very old-looking men and women, which are thought to symbolize wisdom and integrity.

If people don't age in felarya, then i think several statues of wrinkly, decrepit people are going to evoke a rather different response then awe. Statues would be more described by expressions and items being held.

Sorry, I don't have more to add. I'll post again if anything new catches my eye.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:21 am

To be honest, I had read this before, but I didn't comment on it, Nyan.
When I read it, I thought it would fit quite well for Elçim to come across the Mute Grounds and stay for a while, since his lessons in the Academy of Sentinels focused a lot on meditation. Maybe stay at the temple for the night and meditate with the Brothers when they gathered to do so, making them wonder if he is even part of their cult.

The ideas themselves are very good I think, and even though I haven't looked onto the Tundra yet, the way you explain the Mute Grounds makes sense. Also EG, maybe due to them being so rare, if those elderly people are indeed knowledgeable, they may give off that aura of strangeness and respect that Nyaha wants to reflect here. The stereotipe of the "old wise man/woman of the settlement" would make a lot more impact if people can't possibly become old, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 pm

I like the mute stuff. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:19 pm

(Edited out)

Last edited by Nyaha on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am

Nyaha wrote:
Mistron Ehrs herself is a powerful mage, proficient in light-based magic. It is said among the elves that her arrows of light are capable of piercing concepts such as violence and evil, turning dangerous and voracious creatures into no more than domesticated animals, for a time.
Uh, that sounds kinda... strange.

Nyaha wrote:
Due to the luck she experienced in her rescue by the elves, she is seen not only in the village, but by those who have heard of her in other parts of Felarya, as a religious figure representing positive karmic energies.
Care to explain this a bit more? Because I don't really get it; if someone is saved, the great figure is normally the saviour, not the one saved.

Nyaha wrote:
The elves, mainly the four chiefs which share psychic links with Mistron Ehr
Needs explanation too.

Nyaha wrote:
She also demands a sacrifice of an elf volunteer every two weeks, telling them that she will be able to better protect the village with the help of their spirit.
Um, how big is the community? Because that makes twenty-eight people a year (an Earth year, anyway), just in adults, probably. And if you consider a healthy woman can have a child every one-and-a-half or two years, starting at sixteen-seventeen for safe birth and up to fifty years old, you'd have to have around double that number in births in two years just for the population to remain stable. Meaning at least sixty women in that age range (more if the sacrifices are not only men), which would put the population between a hundred and fifty and three hundred. And that's just for the population to be stable.

Nyaha wrote:
Sometimes the individual is very willing, other times, they are elected by their peers against their will. But either way, the residents of the lake are generally happy with their lives under the protection of the mermaid.
Better they be happy, or else the mermaid would just arrow-pierce their bad emotions and made them domesticated elves.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback, this was a rush job, and hasn't been thought through thoroughly yet. Though you make excellent points, it would also be nice to discuss solutions rather than just the problems themselves. Really, you haven't given me much to work with here, so I guess I'll start us off. ^^; Also, others feel free to join in if you have any points or ideas.

Ilceren wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
Mistron Ehrs herself is a powerful mage, proficient in light-based magic. It is said among the elves that her arrows of light are capable of piercing concepts such as violence and evil, turning dangerous and voracious creatures into no more than domesticated animals, for a time.
Uh, that sounds kinda... strange.
Her magic being able to pierce emotions was just a rough idea, meant to be used on wild animals. Would it be more acceptable if it only works on sentient people if they want to change, or doesn't work on them at all?
Ilceren wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
Due to the luck she experienced in her rescue by the elves, she is seen not only in the village, but by those who have heard of her in other parts of Felarya, as a religious figure representing positive karmic energies.
Care to explain this a bit more? Because I don't really get it; if someone is saved, the great figure is normally the saviour, not the one saved.
You're absolutely right - the elves that saved her should get recognition, too. I think maybe being honoured as heroes and having a statue or two around the lake of them, as well as certain buildings named after the members and such things will be included. Is it too absurd that Mistron Ehrs would end up getting recognition for having the luck to come out of the ordeal alive against all odds?
Ilceren wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
The elves, mainly the four chiefs which share psychic links with Mistron Ehr
Needs explanation too.
It would probably be something that is created after they are selected by the people to become chiefs. Would it make more sense for the mermaid to be psychic or the elves to awaken psychic abilities?
Ilceren wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
She also demands a sacrifice of an elf volunteer every two weeks, telling them that she will be able to better protect the village with the help of their spirit.
Um, how big is the community? Because that makes twenty-eight people a year (an Earth year, anyway), just in adults, probably. And if you consider a healthy woman can have a child every one-and-a-half or two years, starting at sixteen-seventeen for safe birth and up to fifty years old, you'd have to have around double that number in births in two years just for the population to remain stable. Meaning at least sixty women in that age range (more if the sacrifices are not only men), which would put the population between a hundred and fifty and three hundred. And that's just for the population to be stable.
I'd had my doubts about that. Would it be better if it were every month or two months? Also, don't forget that there can also be population increase from elves travelling there from other parts of Felarya.
Ilceren wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
Sometimes the individual is very willing, other times, they are elected by their peers against their will. But either way, the residents of the lake are generally happy with their lives under the protection of the mermaid.
Better they be happy, or else the mermaid would just arrow-pierce their bad emotions and made them domesticated elves.
I think this falls into our discussion about her magic/abilities.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Certainly interesting. She came off as maybe a little less corrupt than I personally would have liked, but this is your character, and I lean into grimdark a bit too much myself. Besides making her demand fewer sacrifices for the sake of population stability, I think you have a fair start on Mistron Ehrs and the surrounding village.

I would be interested to know when she first started asking for Elvish sacrifices. Does she genuinely need their spirit to adequately protect the community, or is that a lie on her part? I can see it going in either direction, in a lighthearted setting. On one hand, being surrounded by tasty morsels would be nothing if not tempting, and she might have tried to go a more socially acceptable route than just snatching an Elf up every once in a while, which of course would not go unnoticed. On the other hand, perhaps her magic was getting rusty, or the growing community was attracting more and more predators, meaning she really needed the infusion of magic to stay ahead of the curve. The naturally magical Elves might be more beneficial to her than Humans or other races with regards to magic.

Those Elves who go willingly might consider it an honor to lend their power to their protector, ensuring the survival of the community as a whole.

Any thoughts on offering them pain-numbing herbs before their ordeal? If you're going to offer yourself up, maybe knowing the agony of digestion isn't going to be an issue would help them relax. Then again, the pain of digestion is rarely brought up, so this may not be important.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

(Edited out)

Last edited by Nyaha on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:20 pm

(Edited out)

Last edited by Nyaha on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm

I really like this Mistron Ehrs! XD especially the back story and such! XD How she is arrogant and vain now but back when she was near death and saved by elves. Adds a level of complexity to someone rather than just making her vain and not have something in her past that contradicts it. The semi cult thing going on is intriguging as well and I would like to see more stuff about it fleshed out ^^ but I like religion stuff so I'm always curious about worship well thats my two cents!
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

(Edited out)

Last edited by Nyaha on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zephyr102
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Zephyr102

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

I'd been wondering if anybody had ideas for a porcupine-type creature in Felarya. The idea of using ones' own (disposable) body parts as true weapons to use or trade is interesting.

I'm curious as to how thick the hair-needles are: thin as human hair, or considerably thicker for rigidity? Do they also have barbs, as real porcupines do, or are the needles simply needles, and therefore relatively easy to remove? It seems giant preds would have to be resourceful and might make leather pads or gloves to wear on their hands if they wanted to add Shakala to their diet in any significant number.
Spoiler:
Yeah, they have a pretty solid defense under dry conditions.

Nyaha wrote:
I've finished talks with Karbo about the Yamarashi. We've agreed upon some changes, which I have reflected here. For those that have read this before, the changes are the name, the addition of fire as a (obvious) weakness to them, the fact of them being a subspecies of neko, the commonly-used name 'kowo neko' and the fact that most shakala find this name offensive, and the inclusion of metal in their weaponry.
Some of these seem like good additions that give them flavor (terms they find offensive) or make it so they're not unstoppable in any circumstances (fire). However, I question the reasoning for using metal weapons outside of needing to defend oneself in wet conditions. Could you explain this? Why should they be a subspecies of Neko? Is that so they already have an established template to work off of instead of being wholly original?

EDIT: Level Up! Zephyr102 is now a Roaming Thug

Last edited by Zephyr102 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:35 pm

I questioned the neko thing myself. Let me find what Karbo said...

Karbo wrote:
I prefer them to be a species of nekos because it would add diversity to the species which is not that developed and also I prefer to flesh out existing species for now rather than add whole new ones when there is already a lot of them that are severely underused ^^;

To be honest, I'm not sure which side to take. On one hand, I'd love them to be more or less completely original, but at the same time I sympathize with Karbo not wanting to add another underused race, but on the other hand, I don't buy that nekos as a species aren't developed and diverse already, but on the other hand, like you were saying, Zeph, kowo-neko is a good nickname and their dislike of it gives them flavour. Arg! DX

They're thicker than human hair, but simply needles without barbs. Should I add this into the article or was that just for you?

As for the metal weapons, I thought it'd be fair to give them that much for hunting purposes and such, because stone seems a little overly primitive. Like they wouldn't be able to figure out how to make metals very carefully, or even just get metal weapons from other races.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:26 pm

One more new idea, and I'm kinda proud of this one, I think it's cool. Please comment!

Allonium Steelmeld
Very Rare

This is a metal alloy which exists between solid and liquid at all times. It is created through a very precise and difficult procedure involving the fusion of earth and water magic, and is therefore very hard to find, and expensive to make. Though useless in liquid form, by focusing one's mind, a person can force it into solid form and make it take the shape of whatever they desire it to, though it takes a great amount of concentration to do so, and breaking concentration will return it to its liquid state. Used as a weapon, it can be very useful in the hands of someone with a focused and flexible mind, though it would be difficult for most people to wield it in combat and focus on keeping it in form at the same time. Certain keys are also made out of this, often to be used by thieves, unfortunately. A weapon made out of allonium steelmeld would likely be ineffective for use against a psionic, though in the hands of one it can be extremely dangerous. One who does not have psionic powers would do well to locate a psierin gem in order to boost their concentration if they wish to wield one of these weapons with the greatest effectiveness.

---
As always, any and all feedback and criticism will be considered and appreciated!

Last edited by Nyaha on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:01 pm

.........I want that metal ......I want that metal real bad! XD hahaha! Something I would want Saen to have if he ever become a true hero, and combat master! I blame you for making that RP that is 17 years in the future! XD just makes me think of all my characters becoming masters at what they do! XD hahaha

On a side note re-reading the Shakala again makes me really want to make a character of thay race! XD hahaha thats probably what I should have used for your RP! Xo doh I'm so dumb!
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Thank you for the compliments and the comment. ^.^

It's not too late y'know. The RP hasn't nearly started yet.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 pm

True....hmmm only thing I'm worried about is the charater I have in mind wouldn't have as good as much chances to survive =o but I'll type them up and run them by you and see if they would work! XD
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:38 am

Another new idea! This one was very much inspired by hhhat09, so thanks go out to him for this idea. Please comment! ^_^

Dance Magic

Dance magic is exactly what it sounds like: magic performed through dance - actually a sub-type of rule-based magic. One who uses dance magic is able to evoke a wide variety of different magical effects, ranging from commanding natural elements to strengthening their allies through different bodily movements. In general, spells using dance magic involve rhythmic, repeating movements, with the effects occurring after the movements have been repeated so many times. However, some more powerful spells involve complicated dance routines, wherein the caster may need to endure two minutes straight of dancing, making sure to perform every step and movement perfectly lest they need to start over, or perhaps involve a dance necessitated to be done by more than two people performing the same movements completely in synch. Though music is not necessary to perform dance spells, a good beat may very well come in handy for the more complicated spells.

---
As always, any feedback and criticism will be considered and very much appreciated. Please don't hesitate to comment!

Last edited by Nyaha on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations   Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nyaha's Various Ideas and Contemplations
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next