Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

General Q and A - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 am

Since the thread got split off I'll reput a post that somehow got knocked off with the rest.

Would a true tiny taste any different to a neko than a shrunken human?

For instance, if a a neko in the wild found a human who took a dip in the shrinking pool, would they be able to tell the difference?

Would they care even if the knew? Or are shrunken humans just as tasty to them?

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 am

that's a difficult question to reply, since I obviously didn't tried either XP
but I imagine that yes each of them would carry a distinct flavor.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 am

The thing is that you can't think of tinies as "little humans". Tomthumbs and Efrii will look similar to us, for example, but they aren't humans anyways. So that means that they won't possible taste like humans...

Still, I can't prove anything either, I don't go around licking people to find their flavor. xD
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 am

hell, i dont even what my taste is >.<
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Hmmmm.....I wonder if they taste good to nekos anyway.....
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:37 pm

This is a silly question since I've been role playing with Bagel often, but do fairies often have multiple mates? Basically, assuming that a fairy is in a relationship with another fairy, is it common for the same fairy to be in a relationship with another one at the same time? Sort of like polygamy, only not including marriage.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
This is a silly question since I've been role playing with Bagel often, but do fairies often have multiple mates? Basically, assuming that a fairy is in a relationship with another fairy, is it common for the same fairy to be in a relationship with another one at the same time? Sort of like polygamy, only not including marriage.

Well, nothing's been established on fairy culture or mating practices so its sort of hard to say. We know that fairies travel in packs and do have social interactions.

Considering fairy psychology and their flighty nature, I'd lean towards saying that they are polygamous. However, I do recall some stories where fairies were married, and it's stated that Mezzus is married to a fairy, so that suggests a more structured marriage system.

Though that might depend on the fairy. They do what they want - some want marriage, some want polygamy. That's a more broad answer.

There's other factors, like sex ratios and such if you wanted to be more in depth, but for this basic question I'd say - possible. Maybe not ubiquitous, but likely common.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Does Felarya have a working set monetary system, 'cuz if not, I have an idea that might work very well that I'd like to post! O.o

Oh, and something else...

If day and night are inconsistent in Felarya, and there's no set calendar, how are years and age measured in the first place?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Research is your friend.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Does Felarya have a working set monetary system, 'cuz if not, I have an idea that might work very well that I'd like to post! O.o

Oh, and something else...

If day and night are inconsistent in Felarya, and there's no set calendar, how are years and age measured in the first place?

The only places that would need set monetary systems would be big settlements, like Negav, Chiotia, Kelerm, and so on. Negav's monetary system is outlined in the wiki.

Most of the smaller settlements and tribes would likely just rely on direct item-for-item trade, since that would be far more useful to them than some small pieces of metal or rock that represent trade value.

Once again, only the more established civilizations would even think about a calender, and their's are likely not going to be exactly the same as our own. Predators can't read, much less think up a calender system. The ages in the wiki, and in bios, are more for the readers' referrence than anything.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm

I'd think the years relation would either follow the year system in the Negav calendar or just dividing time up earth style. But yeah like Cliff said, reference mostly
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
I'd think the years relation would either follow the year system in the Negav calendar or just dividing time up earth style. But yeah like Cliff said, reference mostly

Well, yeah I assumed it was just giving an Earth equivalent to their age. For all we know, an 18 year old living in Negav could think of him/herself as 36 ferrithans (or some other made up word) old, lol. Not to mention all the different calender systems brought in from other worlds that may not have 24 hr/365 day planetary characteristics. Then there are the predators, who are mostly illiterate and unorganized. If you went as asked Crisis how old she was, all she could probably tell you is "full grown".

The Earth-style ages are just to give Earth readers some context, and help them understand things more.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:16 pm

ok i just finishd looking through the chonolgy of felarya in the wiki, and then it struck me
If meteors have entered Felarya before in theory they should under correct circumstances enter felarya agian or another type of space debrie IE fragments of space ships?
*note this was from the last time i checked and my laptop dosent have enough power for me to run a full check right now*
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:39 pm

The above question and many of other Luke's questions could be summarized as:
"Would Felarya be subject to an external event that would result in catastrophic change to the Felaryan environment and/or its inhabitants?"

While the details of the question and answer differ each time, the answer can be invariably summed up as "no."

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:04 pm

No AJ im saying "if it has Happened before, it will happen again "
The wiki said nothing specific about the metors im just saying "if they did appear in flearya then they will apear agian"

what the hell is with you guys ands summerizing things, its annoying and makes things diffficult to explian, in others word simple does not compute with me Period.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Not unless another Corrector-Guardian war happens; which it won't, since the Correctors were defeated.
The meteor shower occurred at the tail end of the Era of Mirages; a time when Felarya was extremely unstable in all aspects.
Those circumstances are what allowed those meteors though and due to the extraordinary nature of those circumstances, they can not be replicated therefore it's not going to happen again.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

luke112 wrote:
ok i just finishd looking through the chonolgy of felarya in the wiki, and then it struck me
If meteors have entered Felarya before in theory they should under correct circumstances enter felarya agian or another type of space debrie IE fragments of space ships?
*note this was from the last time i checked and my laptop dosent have enough power for me to run a full check right now*

We have one case in the thousands of years of the chronology of a single meteorite hitting a single, remote location in Felarya.

Keep in mind, this was also during the "Era of recovery". The dimensional fabric was heavily damaged following the war with the Correctors, making it weak, and somewhat vulnerable. It has since gotten much stronger, and any future meteor events are unlikely.

You also have to take into account the MASSIVE odds that are against this happening. Space is big. Really big. Like, so much bigger than you could ever possibly comprehend, big. Think about the biggest thing you could possibly think about, and then realize its an atom, on an atom in comparison to how space is. Because a vanishing land cannot open in space, the only way this could happen would be through a whiplash portal. Whiplash portals take place within a small area, and only last a second.

I just want you to think about the odds. A whiplash portal, opening in the exact right part of space, at the same second a meteor is also passing by on a correct course to enter the area of the whiplash portal's effect, and also be the right size to go through it.

The incident in the chronology was, in all likelyhood, a once in an epoch event. There is virtually zero chance of any stellar object, be it natural, or artificial coming into Felarya. The only way a spacecraft MAY make it in, is if it has some kind of dimensional drive.

So yeah. No meteor strikes or random bits of space debris coming into Felarya. See also AJ's answer.
Back to top Go down
Primeval Hunter
Naga food
Primeval Hunter

PostSubject: Tonorions size?   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Okay so the wiki says they are like 40-120 long. But what if they rear up in defense or for attack? How high would they stand off the ground. Just curious...
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 pm

request to move this thread in general question and answer.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Primeval Hunter
Naga food
Primeval Hunter

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:57 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
request to move this thread in general question and answer.
Sure
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 pm

I agree with gwada, this is a question for the general Q & A thread and should be merged by a moderator.

As for the question; Imagine a centipede rearing up. They can't really rear up that high (relative to body size), so it's not really something that needs to be listed or that could be determined easily.
Back to top Go down
Primeval Hunter
Naga food
Primeval Hunter

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Imagine a centipede rearing up. They can't really rear up that high (relative to body size), so it's not really something that needs to be listed or that could be determined easily.
Okay thanks for the answer
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Question: what is the naga mating ritual?, (this is assumming that there is somekind of elaborate ritual that would win a male a female, just like in nature)
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:02 pm

cute eyes...show what you got, sex party :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:04 pm

can someone please come up with a better answer then that, please confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next