Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

General Q and A - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Spoiler:

I need a new desk now
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:32 pm

your poor desk D:
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 pm

^_^ Lots of laughs. Way to go awkwardness~ <3 It's one of my favourite paranormal powers of the world. ;3
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:42 pm

The only way to fix your desk is to look at penises. It works for me.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Oh, quick question I'd like to get answered as soon as possible, as I have started the story. o3o

When a denizen of Heaven or Hell leaves their respective world, do they just poof out into Felarya, etc.? Or do they need to go through some sort of portal to take them wherever? And if the latter, would it be the angel/succu itself to open this portal, or would it be in a fixed location in the realm? o3o
Back to top Go down
Paltiel
Helpless prey
Paltiel

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Anyone's thoughts on the matter, if I may please ask?

With all the updates to Negav's security (tip 'o the hat to Rcs619), would it now be impossible to sneak a human-sized naga into the mid or lower tiers, and keep her identity as a naga hidden? Even with magical concealment/illusions/really, really poofy dresses? Razz

I was planning on flying or teleporting her in to avoid any nonsense at the gates.

Thanks! =^_^=

... and AisuKaiko, please lemme take a stab at your query?
Going with Karbo's thoughts that there is no such thing as a singular Heaven or Hell, rather there are many planes that could be described as that, my feeling is that the denizen could teleport (poof) themselves or take a portal, tho' the portal need not persist.

Here's all the thinking behind that... (warning! tl;dr)
Most critters seem to get to Felarya via portal, tho' particularly powerful ones could probably just will themselves there. a magic users could create a portal, though there may be the usual ley-line/place of power requirement at the origin, the destination, or both. There could be a closet in hell that's padlocked, chained, and labeled, "DO NOT OPEN.", etc., leading directly to a similar closet in the Fairy Kingdom. The bottom of a truly gigantic waterfall in Heaven could lead to the Chordoni falls, etc. Just pick any idea that's interesting, or funny; Imagine if someone off-world found a Portals for Dummies book that would only open portals exactly 300 feet above Garnet's head, or the like. The portal may be in a persistent spot at one end, and flop all over the place at its terminus in Felarya.

Just some random, drunken ideas. =^_~=

Last edited by Paltiel on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar and horrible butchering of the English language -.-;)
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Ah yes, thanks for your input. I think I have an idea of what I wish to do now :3
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Paltiel wrote:
Anyone's thoughts on the matter, if I may please ask?

With all the updates to Negav's security (tip 'o the hat to Rcs619), would it now be impossible to sneak a human-sized naga into the mid or lower tiers, and keep her identity as a naga hidden? Even with magical concealment/illusions/really, really poofy dresses? Razz

I was planning on flying or teleporting her in avoid any nonsense at the gates.
Are you talking about the isolon fist (touched up by Cliff) or the Investigators? (Cauldronborn's idea).
Anyway, that kind of thing is pretty suspicious. Negav's security is pretty tight; it has to be.
If you teleport in, the investigators will most likely notice and attempt to investigate. Neutralising magic threats and major single target threats is part of their job description.
If this is for a story, and I assume it is, then you could get some interesting avoidance and evasion scenes out of that.
If you want to avoid that, I reckon a jetbike could get a naga in, if the pilot was bribed to ignore his mysterious passenger.

I'm not sure why it's absolutely necessary for a human sized (adult, not baby giant) naga to keep his/her identity hidden, unless they were a criminal, otherwise wanted or obviously dangerous.

Quote :
Here's all the thinking behind that... (warning! tl;dr)
If you think that's tl;dr, then you do not know the forums. Razz That's a short post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Quote :
With all the updates to Negav's security (tip 'o the hat to Rcs619), would it now be impossible to sneak a human-sized naga into the mid or lower tiers, and keep her identity as a naga hidden? Even with magical concealment/illusions/really, really poofy dresses?

Keep in mind, you woudn't really need to keep her hidden.

Demi-humans may not be allowed to own property in Negav, but they aren't going to bar them entrance. Some Negavians may not like them, but I imagine there are some nagas, dridders or harpies that work within Negav. There's always going to be employeers willing to take a risk, especially if demi-humans end up working for less than the average human.
Back to top Go down
Paltiel
Helpless prey
Paltiel

PostSubject: Darn, no more need to catapult her into the city   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
I'm not sure why it's absolutely necessary for a human sized (adult, not baby giant) naga to keep his/her identity hidden, unless they were a criminal, otherwise wanted or obviously dangerous.
Oh, that's horrible. Now how will I ever get her into Nega..er.. what?? Surprised
Y'mean all Negavians don't enthusiastically chase human sized nagas with torches and pitchforks at the merest sight of 'em?
That makes my job so much easier...

Thank you! Here, have a virtual pat onna back (or chocolate bar, if you prefer that) as thanks. ^__^
Yes, this is going to find its way into a story, and maybe even some art.

rcs619 wrote:
Keep in mind, you woudn't really need to keep her hidden.

Demi-humans may not be allowed to own property in Negav, but they aren't going to bar them entrance. Some Negavians may not like them, but I imagine there are some nagas, dridders or harpies that work within Negav. There's always going to be employeers willing to take a risk, especially if demi-humans end up working for less than the average human.
I see.. That changes everything. I've been going under the incorrect premise that demi-humans get chased out of Negav as soon as they're spotted, based on the city's treatment of Nekos. Time to re-read the Negav entries on the wiki. ^^;

Thank you for the correction, is much appreciated. ^_^
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Yeah, as has been said, people may be quite disrespectful to them and treat them as second-rate citizens, but they'll be fine as long as they don't act suspicious O:
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:51 am

rcs619 wrote:

I was under the impression that humans only tolerated those that are truly demi-humans, the nekos and inu mostly. Not the tauric races. As we currently have small nagas defined, they avoid Negav like the plague because they're afraid of being killed.

However, harpies do fit in the demi-human blanket of races, in my opinion. I can't see anyone really getting upset about seagull harpies hanging around, but... If a taur- naga, dridder, chilotaur- was in the city, wouldn't some faction start calling that a failure on the part of the magiocrats for allowing "a predator" in? I could see them banning tauric beings on principle so no one could stir up trouble about it.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:18 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
rcs619 wrote:

I was under the impression that humans only tolerated those that are truly demi-humans, the nekos and inu mostly. Not the tauric races. As we currently have small nagas defined, they avoid Negav like the plague because they're afraid of being killed.

However, harpies do fit in the demi-human blanket of races, in my opinion. I can't see anyone really getting upset about seagull harpies hanging around, but... If a taur- naga, dridder, chilotaur- was in the city, wouldn't some faction start calling that a failure on the part of the magiocrats for allowing "a predator" in? I could see them banning tauric beings on principle so no one could stir up trouble about it.

Nekos and Inu are just as much "predators" as any other demi-human race. I imagine most people in Negav know that if the Eye lets it in, it isn't a predator.

If they were going to stir up trouble, they would have done it when the Motamo Docks were founded (I imagine the Council would have had to give it final approval).

Keep in mind, parts of the Negav entry is old. Negav isn't some dystopian place full of racists who would kill a demi-human on site. There's going to be some people who are openly hostile to them, but honestly, it'd be a tiny part of the city as a whole. With the Motamo Docks basically next door, its not like human-sized demi-humans are a rarity around Negav anymore. People in the Commons likely interact and trade with them regularly.

Negav has grown and changed, its time to update its attitude too.
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:25 am

Does GRF are always (and everywhere) stormy?

Or there are just solid stormy locations and lots of random minor storms in GRF's sky?

Does sun ever shine over GRF?

Last edited by Rezec on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 pm

The Great Rocky Fields are subject to "frequent and powerful" storms, so I'd say that doesn't mean the entire area is always/constantly covered in storms. There are likely periods of little or no storm activity. So yes, they'd see sunshine there.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Scary. ^_^
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:51 pm

A while back, I asked a question regarding Crisis's apparent ability to read.

Karbo said that Lea taught her.

I'm starting to wonder if this makes sense, though. Historically speaking, slaves were usually strictly forbidden from being educated, for fear that it would give them power; I'm fairly sure learning to read counts as education.

Is there some part of Lea's backstory we haven't seen where she somehow learns how to read, even though she would get into huge trouble if caught?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 pm

It depends on many circumstances. If Lea was a slave on a prison world, or not. If on a prison world it wouldn't really matter, though it could also be dependent the tech level of the enslavers. That's probably more Karbo's place to answer though. If I remember correctly, the wiki doesn't really tell the state of the place she came from. The Balfrezagg kingdom could be a kingdom of several planets or one planet. There's not really enough information to properly answer your question unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Learning to read even though she was forbidden definitely fits Lea's character quite well, though, and I'd certainly like to hear Karbo's thoughts on the matter.

Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:26 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if this makes sense, though. Historically speaking, slaves were usually strictly forbidden from being educated, for fear that it would give them power; I'm fairly sure learning to read counts as education
I'm not really sure about this statement because in many culture, I pointed more eastern slavery than western ones many slaves were educated by their masters.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Okay well, I have a question.

I'd like a precise description of what the mysterious temple look like inside. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Okay well, I have a question.

I'd like a precise description of what the mysterious temple look like inside. Thank you Smile
Then it wouldn't be very mysterious, now would it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:56 pm

hahaha! stop trolling me!!

but seriously now, I've read the wiki about the mysterious temple and I would just like to know if there is "more" or if the non-said is free.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

I'd like to know, which is colder, Imoreith Tundra or Frost Peak?
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 pm

i would say frost peak because of its evelvation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next