Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

General Q and A - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Scary. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:51 pm

A while back, I asked a question regarding Crisis's apparent ability to read.

Karbo said that Lea taught her.

I'm starting to wonder if this makes sense, though. Historically speaking, slaves were usually strictly forbidden from being educated, for fear that it would give them power; I'm fairly sure learning to read counts as education.

Is there some part of Lea's backstory we haven't seen where she somehow learns how to read, even though she would get into huge trouble if caught?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 pm

It depends on many circumstances. If Lea was a slave on a prison world, or not. If on a prison world it wouldn't really matter, though it could also be dependent the tech level of the enslavers. That's probably more Karbo's place to answer though. If I remember correctly, the wiki doesn't really tell the state of the place she came from. The Balfrezagg kingdom could be a kingdom of several planets or one planet. There's not really enough information to properly answer your question unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Learning to read even though she was forbidden definitely fits Lea's character quite well, though, and I'd certainly like to hear Karbo's thoughts on the matter.

Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:26 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if this makes sense, though. Historically speaking, slaves were usually strictly forbidden from being educated, for fear that it would give them power; I'm fairly sure learning to read counts as education
I'm not really sure about this statement because in many culture, I pointed more eastern slavery than western ones many slaves were educated by their masters.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Okay well, I have a question.

I'd like a precise description of what the mysterious temple look like inside. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Okay well, I have a question.

I'd like a precise description of what the mysterious temple look like inside. Thank you Smile
Then it wouldn't be very mysterious, now would it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:56 pm

hahaha! stop trolling me!!

but seriously now, I've read the wiki about the mysterious temple and I would just like to know if there is "more" or if the non-said is free.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

I'd like to know, which is colder, Imoreith Tundra or Frost Peak?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 pm

i would say frost peak because of its evelvation
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

I was wondering, if the Vishmital rank of Chall is a military rank akin to general, then what is the name of the Vishmital rank akin to Sergeant?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:55 am

Niaha : I would say Frost peak as well. The summit is supposed to be ver very cold

Black Hole Fragment : there is no names yet, I need to establish the ranks ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:57 am

I just found an interesting tidbit of information about Magic: the Gathering's storyline. In the plane of Jund (one of the five planes formed when the plane of Alara split in five), goblins consider it a very high honor to be eaten by creatures greater than themselves, especially the dragons, who are at the top of the food chain.

Given the nature of Felarya, wouldn't a similar sort of viewpoint exist someplace in the world?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:17 am

Hmm...

Well, in the fanon, there's the Cult of Zoe by Rythmear. They'll gladly let Zoe eat them if they can't find her enough food, but that's more like devotion to her than a honor actually. Aside from that, I can't remember any other instances so far.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:37 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
I just found an interesting tidbit of information about Magic: the Gathering's storyline. In the plane of Jund (one of the five planes formed when the plane of Alara split in five), goblins consider it a very high honor to be eaten by creatures greater than themselves, especially the dragons, who are at the top of the food chain.

Given the nature of Felarya, wouldn't a similar sort of viewpoint exist someplace in the world?

(Note: also fanon/non-canon here) :: Whilst not a complete correlation to the idea/ideal you set forth here, the city of Etermaren's predator/prey relationships are setup generally in this manner. Carnivorous predators that join the Insiannestam Guard are given a set of 'servants' (prey species) who enjoy the appearance of elevated living privileges in turn for being on-call food. There is a lot more to it than that of course but t'would be a massive wall o'text and crazy spoilers for Arc 2.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Is the Mutabok's electrical attack ranged or do they batter the enemy with their wings to deliver it? The wiki isn't clear.

Also, why isn't this thread sticky?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:16 am

Not sure if I can ask but has anyone ever thought up of how to develop the chlaena culture at all? just asking because it seems like an interesting race to develop the culture of.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:04 am

Solomon wrote:
Not sure if I can ask but has anyone ever thought up of how to develop the chlaena culture at all? just asking because it seems like an interesting race to develop the culture of.

I'm assuming you've read the wiki page about them, then?

Globfish has begun to set stories in Ryzelm'oire, around a character from the Shapers' Guild. Two so far, and more to come.

http://globfish.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d39u1sw
http://globfish.deviantart.com/art/Tentacle-Asylum-203835044
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 am

some questions about underground structures and p-sense:

1) How deep should be underground base built in order to be "safe place" from predator sense?
100 meters or so? Does type of ground (ordinary soil, rocky soil, sandy soil) somehow affect to the detection radius of p-sense?

2) In which depth located Deluran's bunker? Why that bunker isn't destroyed by tonorious and other underground animals yet? I mean, why exactly predators didn't discovered delurans bunker yet?

3) Remind me please, how does "predator sense" work on far distances if "targets" located far above or below (about 100~1000 meters or so) in relation to predator itself? What if there is a river between "target" and predator's natural "radar" ?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Quote :
1) How deep should be underground base built in order to be "safe place" from predator sense?
100 meters or so? Does type of ground (ordinary soil, rocky soil, sandy soil) somehow affect to the detection radius of p-sense?

Unsure, but its not like it is 100% accurate even when a pred is close to someone. Even with the pred-sense, they can pass over someone hiding nearby as long as his hiding spot is good and he's a little lucky. Not sure exactly how dirt and rock affects it, but I'd imagine it wouldn't have any positive effects.

Quote :
2) In which depth located Deluran's bunker? Why that bunker isn't destroyed by tonorious and other underground animals yet? I mean, why exactly predators didn't discovered delurans bunker yet?

...Because the Delurans are from an advanced world? They didn't just dig a hole in the ground, the walls are probably armored, or at least made of a strong metal.

They probably have, but remember, the Delurans have guns. Advanced guns from another world. Driving off any predator who tries to get close probably isn't an issue, but straying away from the base is extremely dangerous due to its location. The Delurans aren't stupid, and we can assume they have their own dimensional gate within the base. They've likely got plenty of weapons and supplies to keep the base safe.

Quote :
3) Remind me please, how does "predator sense" work on far distances if "targets" located far above or below (about 100~1000 meters or so) in relation to predator itself? What if there is a river between "target" and predator's natural "radar" ?

It isn't radar. It doesn't locate targets. It just gives the pred a general feeling that something is close by. Its range is fairly limited, and even up close it isn't perfect.

Also, keep in mind, only Nagas and Fairies really have it. Unless you're dealing with a naga or a fairy, it is not an issue to be concerned with at all.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I've been wondering, if a zone is marked as hazardous what danger does it pose for a predator of average size?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I have a "Q": How general is this Q&A? Can I ask anything I want or is only general within certain boundaries? The OP didn't give me any help on that topic.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:06 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
I have a "Q": How general is this Q&A? Can I ask anything I want or is only general within certain boundaries? The OP didn't give me any help on that topic.

I think you're allowed to any question you want here, as long as it's about Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:45 pm

I was wondering, if the healing factor of Felarya doesnt do anything agianst morning breath, which is caused by bactria in the mouth, then is it possable for some forms of dental disease to exist on Felarya?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:09 pm

I think the healing factor would prevent the effects of oral bacteria from amounting to a disease. You'd still have the germs, but you'd be protected from them hurting you.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next