Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

General Q and A - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

How do you guys feel about automatons in the world of Felarya, I was considering making a census droid as an OC, but seeing as there are no existing OCs that are mechanical (as far as I know) I thought that maybe automatons are beings that are not really fit for Felarya? I'm not really sure confused
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am

Any technologically based automation (ie: not a golem) is going to have a HARD time surviving, considering that androids are advanced and therefore require spare parts that Negav would not be able to manufacture and wouldn't import.

So yeah, you could have a census droid (why would it be there though?), but if it got damaged, it's going to stay damaged. Same deal if something wore out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:50 am

Would a golem OC be more likely to survive then?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:58 am

Well golems are automatons animated by magic. Even though there are plenty of raw material readily at its disposal, it's not gonna do much good without a wizard on standby to rebuild it.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:03 am

So magically animated beings are all generally incapable of rebuilding themselves?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 am

It's a basically a bunch of dirt/clay/rocks that has been animated to take a vaguely anthropomorphic shape. They can't cast magic by themselves since they're not much different from a robot, so no, they can't rebuild themselves.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:11 am

(I have a few more questions about animated beings so please bear with me XP )

Is it possible for a golem or automaton to use magic through a talisman that they can use like a battery?

How often would you think it's inner core, which powers the golems/automaton's life force, would need to be recharged?

Do preds find non organic beings to be food?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:10 am

1: Possibly

2: From the wiki: Golems use the abundant background magical energy of Felarya to power up, and have a much longer autonomy than in most other worlds. Should they be exposed in area where magic is very faint or even nonexistent, they will eventually cease to function until their enchantment is renewed.
Let's assume that applies for a well constructed and efficiently designed golem. They wouldn't NEED one, but they COULD use one.

3: You assume they have one. Some designs may include a core, some may not. Again, it would depend on the efficiency and design of the golem as well as its main intended use or how much it exerts itself.

4: Would you eat a rock? Only earth elementals would eat a clay, stone, or metal golem.

Also, I see no reason why a golem couldn't cast "pre-programmed" magic spells.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:37 pm

I was wondering if anyone has ever thought of talking with a reasonable/sentient prey safe/human safe predator to use what's known as a critter cam.

I learned that in nature specials on TV people get those unusual and unique video footage thanks to using cameras known as critter cams, what they do is that attach these cameras to usually the back of an animal and when the animal is off in its natural envioment it captures the footage that seems very cool and hard to get. I was wondering if anyone in Felarya *be they predator or prey of some kind* has ever offered or found a way to get a special critter cam onto a predator in order to get footage of what goes on in Felarya, I could picture some predators traveling into otherwise dangerous *for humans* areas and getting footage to bring back and show the people.

I was mainly wondering because I got a story idea where a predator gets a video camera attached to him and with some help from a leviathan gets some rare and unusual footage of Felaryan sea life from the most simple of reefs to the dangers of the darkness below to a good point at least. I was just wondering is all.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:31 am

You just want to sneak a cam into the Chordoni waterfalls don't you?

Anyway I'd say you can't really call it a critter cam.... it's not like you are catching the giant naga strapping a camera to it's head and releasing it. I mean these are sentient being with emotions and personal issues so anything you see with the cam would be at their discretion so then you aren't really seeing everything.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 5:08 pm

say..are there any possible ways for a giant predator to leave Felarya forever and never come back?
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Solomon wrote:
say..are there any possible ways for a giant predator to leave Felarya forever and never come back?

Magic
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Vanishing Lands most likely. A predator could easily wander into one and then be warped back to wherever it came from.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:28 am

I don't recall seeing it mentioned on the wiki, but are people able to visit the Sharpers Guild at all who aren't guild members?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Just trying to get some kind of baseline as how fast injuries heal on Felarya thanks to the soil. According to the wiki, it may take a few days or even weeks to make a full recovery, depending how bad the injury is. Now, would it be plausible to say, assuming the person is stable and not immediately dying, that light injuries, such lacerations, take a few minutes to fully heal; moderate injuries, such as those sustained in an arena fight, take a few hours to fully heal; serious injuries, such as a broken limb, take a few days to fully heal; critical injuries, such as those needing hospitalization, take a few weeks to heal? I probably wasn't accurate with the example wounds, but hopefully you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Just trying to get some kind of baseline as how fast injuries heal on Felarya thanks to the soil. According to the wiki, it may take a few days or even weeks to make a full recovery, depending how bad the injury is. Now, would it be plausible to say, assuming the person is stable and not immediately dying, that light injuries, such lacerations, take a few minutes to fully heal; moderate injuries, such as those sustained in an arena fight, take a few hours to fully heal; serious injuries, such as a broken limb, take a few days to fully heal; critical injuries, such as those needing hospitalization, take a few weeks to heal? I probably wasn't accurate with the example wounds, but hopefully you get the idea.

Ehh, that's too quick. Felaryans aren't wolverine. I always used the example that broken bones take weeks instead of months to heal. Most cuts probably take a day or two (which is still damn fast).

Basically, I just think its important that injuries still have an impact. Like, if you cut your leg, you can't just go "There we go, already healed"...rather, you'd still be hurt, and while it may only take a couple days to heal up, you're still going t have to tend it and probably have a bit of a limp until its healed.

These are just my opinions though. I always saw the healing factor as a very passive thing. Like, something you wouldn't even notice unless you were familiar with medicine and how the body normally heals.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Quote :
Ehh, that's too quick. Felaryans aren't wolverine. I always used the example that broken bones take weeks instead of months to heal. Most cuts probably take a day or two (which is still damn fast).

you kidding? I scab by the next day without being in felarya. Razz

Though yeah, its probably something unnoticeable, at least with minor injuries.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 pm

This is just nitpicky, but I'm pretty sure Wolverine heals much faster than that.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 pm

wolverine actually heals near instantly. I cant find the vid because there's too many - but he basically has real-time healing.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 pm

That's dependent on who did the writing for Wolverine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:23 pm

I belive that injuries like a paper cut or anything equal to pricking yourself with a sowing needle would proably take anywhere from a few minuets to, at very most, half an hour to heal. Now something like a broken bone I would place at anywhere from a week up to, at the very most, a month to heal. Well thats my two cent.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:48 pm

CAN FELARYA CURE CANCER!?!?!?!?

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:

Razz
YES!
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Stabs wrote:
Krisexy26 wrote:

Razz
YES!

Hmm, odd. I though that Felarya's healing effect did not cure cancer due to cancer being a problem with a cell(s) DNA. Wasn't there a thread that discussed about this?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm not sure, but I think the above posts by Krisexy and Stabs are what is known as a 'joke.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next