Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW LOCATIONS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 pm

LOCATION IDEAS.

All of the locations on the collage above are Ideas that I hope to use in my upcoming seires “rise of Orobus.” Keep in mind these are just ideas and will not used until gained the needed feedback by Felarya members. If you do have feedback, please be detailed on what you like and don’t like and I’ll be more than happy to discuss them with you.

NEW LOCATIONS Felary11

1. LOOKOUT PEAK (best name I could come up with, sounds too obvious)
The Mt. Everest of the Felarya continent. When you rach its summit you can see the entire continent as if you were standing on a map of the world. This area has been the location of several bases that tried to use the area as an outpost, thus giving the mountain its name. However, these bases fell victim to a shapeshifter named Dorsa, who resides on a lake halfway up the mountain. The ountain is the current headquarters of an organization called the Dragon keepers. The keepers ct like a group of forest rangers, commiting small (yet pointless to many) acts of heroism, but their true purpose it yet unkown.
2. XECOTIA’S PALACE
A Palace shaped much like the TajMahal on the outside, this palace’s walls are immune to the time warping effects of the desert. No one knows how it got there or why its there in the first place. Well… no one except its current resident, Xecotia the time-walker (link to bio in description). Xecotia uses this palace as a sort of museum to gather artifacts he has collected through his time travels. You could learn almost anything about Felarya’s past and discover powerful magic and artifacts that can benefit or destroy Felarya if used wrong. Because of the risk of this knowledge being released to the world, Xecotia buried the palace under the sand so that he can be the only being capable of seeing its secrets. Many have tried to find the palace, but the very few who make the desert crossing fall to the wrath of Xecotia.
3. DESTRAMA BASIN
The safe harbor of western Felarya. The basin is a seires of giant trees that form a giant dome in the middle of the plains. It was founded by three naga sisters that. After they were separated from their peaceful dimension and arrived on Felarya, they made their home in this very location. When they learned about the food chain on Felarya they were disgusted and vowed to protect any human-like being from becoming food for the predators that resided in the plains. They used the basin as a safe harbor of sorts while defending predators that saw the settlement within as an all-you-can-eat buffet.
4. PYREN’S MANSION
The home of Professer Cornelius Pyren, the self-proclaimed master of psychokinesis (link to bio is in description). Many mistake this complex as the Dridders mansion further southwest. The difference is there is no force field surrounding it and the mansion isn’t as large. Pyrens reputation has gained friends with the local dridders that follow the queen, including Claire herself. This friendship gives this location protection from other predators.
5. MALSA PRISCA
The El Dorado of Felarya. Unlike the legendary city on earth, it is not made of gold or uses advanced tech (for the time period anyway). The city is golden, but instead of real gold it is made of a unique vein of pyrite (fool’s gold if you aren’t familiar with it). Bu gold isn’t what people seek. Knowledge is the treasure of Malsa Prisca. The acients that lived in this city were masters of symbol based magic. Like ur sagol before them they thrived on this magic, but unlike Ur-sagol, the natives of Malsa Prisca were unable to control their magic, which resulted in the early destruction of the city.(when this occurred is still unknown, for me at least). About 100 years after its destruction a tribe of bog nagas stumbled apon the city and with time perfected and mastered the symbol magic. They have since called the city home and are currently attempting to rebuild the city to its former glory.
6. AKKERN SWAMP
A very dangerous location, people say this is the place where spirits of neither heaven nor hell reside. Their suspicions are there because when you wander the swamp you hear the sound of agonized screams, faint and distant, yet all around you. It is as if you stepped into a torture chamber, or on a battlefield with the ghosts unaware that the war is over. If that is scary enough the entire palc is just a deep lake dotted with land bridges, that is covered by a low level fog. Whatever you do… don’t touch the water, or you will be pulled under and not seen again.
7. THE EMPITA HIVE
The large island withing the jewel river is extremely dangerous, due to the hive of Empocrita that reside there. Empocrita are creatures among the families of the gyspas, only difference is that empita are more human like with wasp-like characteristics and are along standard human size. Like their cousins this species can create a sort of disruption pulse when flapping their wings, but they can also use lightning magic which makes their attacks even more dangerous. The queen is the only one of them that is gigantic in size and is the only one of them capable of vore. The drones feed off of anothers natural bioelectricity to survive (much like an energy leech). The hive that is on the island is about a third the size of the giant tree, while a size that large is unnessasary, this hive was constructed to help discourage intruders from attacking them.
8. GLACELIA CITY
A Negav city of the far north, meant as a safe haven for travelers stranded in the Imoreith tundra and a ship port for those sailing the shimmering sea.
9. SUNSTONE LIGHTHOUSE
An aceint tower in the middle of the mist ocean. It was abandoned centuries ago after someone tried to find a way to help people navigate the ocean. The tower remains standing, yet unfinished. At the top lies a football sized solar stone that shines as bright as sunlight.

10. IGNORE TEN, SPOILER FOR MY STORY.

11. ABANDONED LAVA MINE.

Some travelers from a lava based world attempted to set up a mining colony for the rich minerals found near mount Vylkren. The local Carbon Hounds didtn take too kindly to their new neighbors, and after several attacs the village and facility was left in ruins. For many years it remained abandoned, but recently explorers have reported seeing the mineing base fully repaired and operational, even spotting carbon hounds guarding the area. The mine was rebuilt by mad scientist Alva Hectus and is now used as a lab and testing ground for his dangerous genetic and technological experiments.

12. IGNORE 12, SPOILER FOR MY PERSONAL STORY

the most of the next locations I haven’t really come up with anything, but I have a feeling like something can be put there.

13. UNSURE…

14. GOLEM COURTYARD
(Posted in the Felarya Forum) the courtyard is an area somewhere within ur-sagol that seems to be one of the few places with strong magic within it. if you enter you will see ten giant statues with faces like those on Easter island, lined around the edge of the rectangular courtyard, further in are smaller statues (10- 13 feet tall) that seem crude in nature. Once you step into the inner circle, the impenetrable walls of the courtyard will seal their gates and the test begins. The small statues will come to life and approach you, if you destroy one, it will only put itself back together and come back at you (and they will fight back if threatened).

There is only one way to pass the test: lay down your weapons and refuse to fight, let the statues approach you. the small statues will then collapse and reset themselves to their original positions and the large statues (175 feet tall) will stand and present whatever knowledge you seek, but they will only answer one question and the answer they present will not always be clear. The gates open after that and you are free to leave unharmed. The statues cannot leave the courtyard and are bound to that section of the ruins.

15. Temple of Beasts (something for worshiping the spirits of the Felarya fauna, neutral ground to all)
16. UNSURE…
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Unfortunately, I am not seeing this. While the map isn't to scale, I'm sure we can assume that certain things are to scale relative to one another. I classify mountains under this. As it stands, frost peak is the highest mountain.
Also, I'm a little sceptical about multiple outpost building ventures failing due to the actions of a single being.

Nothing really wrong with this.

If you want a safe harbour of sorts for your story, just use a Zahn Nomaden fortress town. This seems a little... Well, unless it was quite small I'm not sure how it would work.

Did you ask for Chuck's permission to use his character?

Bog nagas..?
Why would they want to rebuild a human city? Why would someone want a city made of pyrite? As for as I know it's not a good building material.

The LOTR influence is strong with this one. Sounds like that ancient battleground that turned into a haunted swamp in middle earth.

You should flesh out this new race before stating where they live.
Also, is it really necessary to use the entire island for that? Remember, objects on the mab are not to scale, that island is likely FAR, FAR larger than you think. It's possible that the islands around it are the kind where you can't see the sea from all points.

I've had an idea for a northern city for a while. I may type it up.

That better not be a secret underground base under the giant tree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:56 pm

just out of curiousity. how many "keepers." are there?
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 pm

TryMeIke wrote:
just out of curiousity. how many "keepers." are there?

I havent really come up with a number of embers. but im sure you met a few of them in the rps
Back to top Go down
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:34 pm

yes. speaking of which. I really miss RPing with you. I really want to try that RP with dorsa.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 am

I kinda had a feeling lookout peak would be a collosal failure, but I had to come up with something asa a base for my characters and lookout peak was my best idea

Nothing really wrong with this.

a Zahn Nomaden fortress town? never head of it. this idea has been around for a lot longer than my time on felarya, sot i thught i could find it a home here.

as a matter of fact, yes. I talked with chuck before i submitted pyrens original bio. he seemed okay with the idea of a friendship between pyren and Claire.
Bog nagas..? didnt want to flesh that out yet, this is supposed to be a location post.
Why would they want to rebuild a human city? Well, I didnt want a nother ur-sagol, so rebuilding seemed like something worth trying. an act of superiority over humanity, they think they can do a better job. but I never said they were human
Why would someone want a city made of pyrite? A city of solid gold sounded too cookie cutter, I didnt want to copy El Dorado itself, that would be stealing
Suprisingly LOTR didnt inspire this creation, it only gave me the "dont touch the water" idea. this clip gave me the inspiration (only less than a minute long) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVQVMccRek
I did have a good flesh out of the species, but as I stated in 5 this was a location post, I didnt want to spend most of the post explaining new species
I've had an idea for a northern city for a while. I may type it up.

I'll note you about that
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:20 am

TryMeIke wrote:
yes. speaking of which. I really miss RPing with you. I really want to try that RP with dorsa.

I'm guessing your RP with Rachel didnt go so well?
Back to top Go down
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:42 am

it did. I just like the idea of dorsa. so I want to RP with her.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:49 am

2 - It sounds too much like that library from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1 or 2? I can't remember, it sounds almost exactly the same, buried under the sand and everything.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
2 - It sounds too much like that library from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1 or 2? I can't remember, it sounds almost exactly the same, buried under the sand and everything.

I does, but I never saw that episode until a little while after I came up with the idea. Xecotia didnt truly have a purpose to start with. the episode in question helped me better flesh him out and gving him a reason to be in felarya instead of the wandering traveler he originaly was
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEW LOCATIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LOCATIONS   NEW LOCATIONS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW LOCATIONS
Page 1 of 1