Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki

Go down 
+8
ZionAtriedes
zersergathant
Krisexy26
Archmage_Bael
Feadraug
Asuroth
French snack
Stabs
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Empty
PostSubject: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:10 pm

EDIT: Go to my next post for the current state of affairs.

I'll insist a third -and final- time on this issue.

I had been thinking about adding more worlds to the canon. I know it's not my call, but I would simply raise the possibility, at least, to consider expanding the character options within canon a bit, so as to give people some more guidelines. Also, I don't think people would come up on their own with the idea of making their characters hail from the same world as someone else's, which is a lot of missed opportunities in my opinion. Creating a few more canon realms would probably enrich the setting as a whole.

To keep confusion to a minimum, I'll obviate both universe and planet definitions, and call these places simply realms. Whether a realm is a planet, a city, a colony or what, doesn't matter. Let's deal with it the Kingdom Hearts way, shall we? I'll begin by pointing the worlds mentioned in the wiki. There's a lot of worlds out there we'd like to see more of, but for now we could just test the idea with the worlds already mentioned, somehow, in the wiki.

I'm saying, having something like a couple paragraphs on each of those worlds, what kind of people we can expect from them, how do those people get to Felarya, what do they want and what can they bring, could add a lot of opportunities and material to the setting.

Belonging to Karbo:
Galfam-Abh- where they keep track of this sort of thing.
Tau Borghula V- mentioned as a world inhabited by humans. Contains insectomorph infested colonies.
Balfrezagg- where Léa hails from. Recently overthrown monarchy. Might've been developed by Krisexy26.
Balfrezagg's invaders- they invaded Balfrezogg. Superior technology. Might've been developed by Krisexy26.
Oh, and that Taedron VI guy.
Arshadia's hyper-empire might have some realms to count on.

Belonging to Frenchsnack:
Tahanja- Felarya Express drop point. Jungle world.
New Harmonia- Felarya Express drop point. Agricultural colony.
Tshuradia- They call Felarya Mo Aqued Sharmim.
Arlinic- There's a museum there.
Ordona Prime- Roshan's from there.
Wherever Pal Sebrit and Manda Kugi are from.

Belonging to Ravana3k:
Wherever Jade and Nina came from.
Wherever Jora came from.
Wherever Rev came from.

Got No Clue:
Nimrodia, Tsunasgard, and wherever Saidakin come from.

Belonging to Zoekin:
Londore- looks like a cute place to live. Can artificially link to Felarya.
Wherever Nix is from.

And...
Spoiler:

I would hear your thoughts on the issue.

Last edited by Stabs on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:24 pm

That makes a lot of sense to me. We know Felarya is a world between worlds, so to speak, so it could be nice, and useful, to know a bit about a few of the others. Particularly since they're mentioned on the wiki, suggesting that their existence at least is canon.

(You've forgotten one of the most notable of all, by the way, which has already been developped a little: Delurah.)

Good idea, in any case. And thanks for listing them all. If necessary, I can come up with a bit of info / brief description for those whose names I came up with.
Back to top Go down
Asuroth
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Asuroth

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Also the Miratan's world, can't forget them and their base up on the Frost Peak heh.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I think that's a pretty good idea. Taking in account there are many worlds who trade with Felarya - like those using Negav's portal -, it would make sense if there was a way to organize all this outworld information.

I'd like to contribute to the list, but unfortunatelly, I'd need more time to develop some characters and stories. xD
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Dont forget the world where my vampire hails from. In my story "remembrance" it seems people keep forgetting about me.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Dont forget the world where my vampire hails from. In my story "remembrance" it seems people keep forgetting about me.

I think you forgot the XD at the end, Bael. Just in case you didn't, for now it's stablished only, until we're sure it's a good idea (it'd seem right now that it is). If it gets implemented, we'll be glad to let you submit your own world and judge if it'd be a positive addition to the wiki.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm

i was reading your idea when I suddenly saw this twice :

Quote :
Might've been developed by Krisexy26.

I was like: Uh? o.O But then I realised that yeah I wrote about Lea's story XD Still, it's kind of you for having thought about me Smile

And to whoever reading this post...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE WHOLE IDEA!!!

But as long as we keep it short and sweet. I mean, not create a whole lotta pages of those other worlds, like their history and biggest cities and blablablabla. Only in one page Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:54 pm

I agree with making it short and nice. After all, this is about Felarya, and if we have to mention the worlds that are connected to it, we should just give a short description for each one, as they aren't the main focus.
Back to top Go down
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Not sure if this would count, but there's Zhrodashia, from where my Inu character Nalea hails. So far as anyone knows, it's only connected to Felarya once for a few moments totally by accident, but that's how Nalea got here.

Anyway, yes, an organized list of the known worlds with a nice, short description of each sounds like a good idea to me. I can dig it.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:10 am

Hm. Once I start writing about Zion and Co. again and re-do their series for the third time (so, you know, a year or two from now at my rate), I'd planned on fleshing out their homeworld a lot more. I had a few interesting ideas, but organizing them all would be... tedious, and I'm lazy.

In terms of the idea in general, though, I agree with the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:57 am

Good idea, people who want to make a character from one of those worlds should have a bit of a background on them, especially the delurans!
I've been working on a few things to flesh out my OC's homeworld myself, but then again, we don't want to put too many worlds in there either, maybe just the more 'canon' ones, like Delura and wherever the Miratans are from since they have established permanent bases and often travel to Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:48 pm

I recently came up with an idea for a world myself, and I think I might've posted the idea on the forum, but I haven't gone anywhere with it yet. But I would like to know what you meant by "permanent links to Felarya." Does that mean that has to exist in order to use dimensional gates like the one near Negav?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Well, that's ten favorable votes... I think I'll take it as a yes. Karbo gave me the green light to move on to the next step, and considering he created a page on Balfrezagg, we can start considering options and possibilities in these worlds. Here's what I want to do- start discussing what we want to see in those worlds that are going to be added to the wiki. Anything might be better than nothing at this point: if you have any thoughts, go ahead.

Those are my world-related ideas.

We need to know what Negav's breadbasket is. Where does all the food come from? It has to come from somewhere, you know!

Galfam-Abh gets involved with a lot of worlds. Maybe they could have a Foreign Legion?

Balfrezagg's invaders showed promise, but if they can and do avoid Felarya, they should only be mentioned in passing regarding Balfrezagg's current situation, not have their own page.

Everybody seems to agree Deluria is a must.

If we still want Negav to aggressively purchase guns from adventurers and arrivals, like Cliff suggested, then worlds with active heavy weapons markets need HARSH restrictions on their trade. Otherwise, Negav could buy in bulk, like real governments do, and ignore small trade as far as actual supply purposes.

The Miratan combine seems like a good idea, but it's a lot of worlds, actually, like the Vishmitali empire. I'm not entirely sure.

We don't really know of any worlds that are as magic-reliant as they could be. I know magitech is cooler (and tech alone is more cost-effective), but it's not nearly as quaint. Say what you want about how wasted I gotta be to seriously consider filling a planet with Amish witches when they have contact with Negav.

What are yours?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Stabs wrote:
I know magitech is cooler (and tech alone is more cost-effective), but it's not nearly as quaint.
only in worlds not as saturated with magic as negav is Razz

that's why they probably buy the supplies to make the magitech. hell, they could ship those supplies BACK and make a profit on some worlds.

Do you want people to start listing and describing worlds that could be on the wiki here? (If so, there's a little something I'll need to go over with AJ first before I post mine.)
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:10 pm

About magic - magitech - tech... well, I had the idea of the world one of my characters - Yuritza - comes from being more reliant on magic than on tech, but anyway, you might consider not taking it in acount, as the name of the world is kind of similar to Deluria - it's Durodia, if you ask - and I hinted not long ago that it might have no relation of any kind with Negav or any other place in Felarya. "Might" like in "maybe it could be or not trading with Negav even if my character doesn't know of it". =P

But I think a magic-reliant world wouldn't be a bad idea. Even if there would be a little culture-clash as they don't rely on science/tech as much as others or just directly discrad them. But the idea seems as something that would add to the variety of realms out there.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:44 am

Kummanis is the name of the world that raided Balfrezagg ^^

I think it has the potential to be a really nice page with a lot of creativity. The aim would be to have rather short descriptions but summing up well the feel of the world, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:54 am

New New Symphonia is a technologically developed world, part of the network of space-faring civilisations. It has no indigenous population, and was uninhabited until a few thousand years ago, when it was colonised by humans. The planet's surface is mostly water, with emerged land covering only 3.4%. Most of the largest islands are clustered in a temperate area of the southern hemisphere, and that is where most of the population lives. Fast hovercraft provide rapid links between this group of islands. Other islands or archipelagos scattered across the planet have far fewer inhabitants, and are largely cut off from the bulk of the planet's citizens - not to mention the rest of the universe. Many small, isolated islands are uninhabited - save for occasional hermits wanting to get away from it all. There are few spots more secluded than the Neo-Neo-Symphonian outliers.
Nominally, there is a planetary authority, consisting in a council of seventeen theoretically equal members, each one nominated or elected by one of seventeen de facto independent polities (most of them very small). Decisions, however, are very much taken at local level, with the planetary council presenting little more than a symbolic front of unity for foreigners.
Much of New New Symphonia's wealth comes from the precious minerals in its vast seabed. Local authorities have not allowed full-scale exploitation, and the extraction of those riches is currently confined to certain designated areas. There, underwater mining cities have been built, mostly by off-worlders, and are largely self-governing, under only nominal control of Neo-Neo-Symphonian overseers.
About three hundred years ago, "the Symph" (as it is known) allowed large groups of human-sized merfolk, refugees from harsher worlds, to settle in its vast oceans, where they live largely separate from the humans, but do occasionally interact. Some may be found working with the seabed miners.
The town of Hmahmeii is the main economic centre of the planet, and contains a dimensonial portal, which connects to a number of worlds. Notably, it connects to the Negavian portal (though not to Ur Sagol's). Thus traders from New New Symphonia may sometimes be found in Negav (and vice-versa), though they almost never stray beyond the safe range of the Isolon Eye. Felarya Express also flies to Hmahmeii from other worlds via a trip across Felarya.

Tahanja is something of a backwater in galactic affairs. It is a planet with two continents: a small, desolate polar one, and a vast landmass stretching between equatorial and tropical zones (including large temperate areas), which is largely flat and has been found to have particularly fertile soil. Like New New Symphonia, it has no sapient indigenous population, although primates in the forested equatorial north display significant intelligence, and are thought to be on the verge of attaining sapience; they have largely been left alone, apart from unobtrusive field trips by excited scientists, and the occasional poaching by hunters knowing there's a market for live intelligent pets.
First colonised by humans many centuries ago, Tahanja's fertile continent has been extensively converted into agricultural land. Originally under the rule of offworlders, who restricted settlement or the building of urban centres (wanting to maintain the planet as a breadbasket colony), Tahanja evolved towards autonomy and then peaceful independence, while maintaining its now treasured rural culture and lifestyle. It now ships agricultural produce to many other worlds. It has only two significant urban centres, both fairly small, the largest of which is Askimboon, where you will find a dimensional portal. Among other destinations, the portal connects to Felarya's Ur Sagol gate, but not to the Negav gate; as a result, very few Tahanjans venture into Felarya. Felarya Express connects Tahanja to several worlds (including New New Symphonia) via flights between Felarya's two gates.
Despite its rural nature, Tahanja is by no means "primitive"; many of its inhabitants live in reasonable technological comfort (though they may not always have the latest off-world gimmicks), and the newest agricultural technologies rapidly find their way there. If you visit this world, you will find people content in their planet's isolation and deep-rooted rural traditions, but you will also find farmers who follow galactic affairs and enjoy high-tech imported entertainment. Askimboon, the port of contact with the outside, has a strange feel as both sleepy and modern; where life seems slow-paced but the people keep up with modern foreign trends.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 am

Great and useful descriptions here ! thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 am

Well... I'll give this a try... I know that in one of my stories it looked like Durodia wasn't connected at all with Felarya, but I know how to solve it. That and making it a bit more interesting than the usual D&D-esque world. Razz Also, the description might seem a bit long, I should work on suming it up...

---

Durodia is a realm created with pieces of other worlds. Legend says several gods fought for creating the perfect world eons ago. Due to their constant arguing, they ended up making parts of their "perfect worlds" and then sticking the whole thing together, thus giving Durodia an amalgam of species that ranged from usual humans or elves to some dangerous monsters the mortal mind cannot comprehend. Actually, this world is created from parts of other worlds that shifted away when a cataclysm nearly destroyed their universe. It is unknown how the shift actually happened, and there's no record of it, leading to the aformentioned legend.

As it has been pointed, Durodia counts with a large variety of species. However, this variety seems limited as the many pieces of different worlds turned into independent nations, all of them created around isolating politics as these nations never trusted each other in their short existence. Seven of these nations exist, although some count the Depths of Kulgorath, an dark undersea region where cosmic horrors roam, as the eighth:
- the goblinoids' wasteland known as the Dominions of Kuvoc, ruled with iron fist by the Orc Lord, and based on military power,
- the evergreen Sinamoon County of beautiful yet dangerous unicorn centaurs, a race as wise as stubborn,
- the amphibian Aruba Kingdom of turtle people, established in the Bloodpearl Coast, a region also known for its dangerous sea fauna,
- Flaia, a kingdom inhabited by an insect-like, mind-hive species governed by the Flaia Queen
- Nieveterna, a vast tundra where a large tribe of pacific ice giants has its domains,
- the Aefesti volcanic region of the fire elementals of the same name, the only ones able to survive this violent place,
- and the Kingdom of Loria a Renaissance-like nation that has developed powerful mystical forces to keep itself safe, inhabited by humans and elves, yet quite reluctant to half-breeds.

In general, technology and science are still several steps behind magic in this world, although alchemy seems to have grown in both interest and means within the last decades. In the case of the Dominions of Kuvoc, brute force is the only thing they know and it is said the goblinoids are immune to magic.

The dimensional stability of Durodia is usually questioned, despite its apparent quietness. The High Lorian Mage Council was aware of this and studied its effect for generations. Their conclusions lead them to create a rudimentary portal that opened to Negav the first time it was triggered. Durodia's special nature got the attention of many Felaryan versologists, eager to know more of its strange composition.

And even though the connection with Durodia is very recent and only the Kingdom of Loria has been visited - the isolation keeps things hard for going outside this nation -, the interest on this world has grown in some circles in Negav, specially in terms of magic. The Council hasn't made it public yet, so very few in Loria know of the existence of this portal. It is unknown if other Durodian nations are working on something similar.

Last edited by Feadraug on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 am

Zhrodashia is a large planet in the Jormarnid galaxy of a remote universe, covered in equal parts by thickly-forested temperate mountain ranges and cool oceans. Originally, the only race living here was the Squaroo, a species of crustacean-like beings who live in the deep ocean trenches. Later on, as the Squaroo were still developing as a society, another race, the Lunarians (wolf-like Inu, this is Nalea's species) evolved from intelligent ape-like canid creatures to take over the forests.

The two races kept to themselves for many thousands of years, the Squaroo remained in their hi-tech underwater empire, split into dozens of corporate and economic factions constantly locked in a bloodless but no less intense battle for control of the trenches and reefs, and the primitive Lunarians roamed the forests and mountains in nomadic packs as simple but cunning hunter-gatherers. This peace was shattered, however, when some of the Squaroo factions found their resources beneath the sea to be dwindling, or they were pressured by other, stronger factions. These factions began work on pressurized suits of mechanical armor that would allow them to survive on land, and so embarked into the territory of the Lunarians.

The Lunarians were curious about these intruders rather than hostile towards them; unforetunately, only some Squaroo had this reaction to them. Of the eight Squaroo factions who came to land, three of them (H6B, J2I, and O9L) emerged in places with no Lunarian population, and so could expand their control in peace. Another two (G5H and I3N) only found themselves faced with a small Lunarian presense, and so was able to live in an uncomfortable but consistant peace with them. One faction, the idealistic M2Y, took strides to peacefully negotiate a truce with the nearby large Lunarian pack, the Windrunners, which the largest pack on Zhrodashia. This was difficult at first due to both the language barrier and a difference in values and morality between the two, but eventually, they came to an agreement, and M2Y offered some of their advanced technology to the Windrunners, who are easily the most powerful pack on the planet and a small empire in and of themselves, having split off into a few smaller sub-packs, who all identify as Windrunners despite inhabiting different areas of the region.

Not all contact was so peaceful, however. The last two factions, the less moral U8G and the desperate T5K, emerged in areas heavily populated by Lunarian packs. Seeing these primitive beings as savage vermin, the U8G began a military campaign to wipe them out, while the less powerful T5K opted to spread disease among them. Some of the smaller packs were wiped out and others fled the occupied regions- however, two of them, the Redpelts and Sabrefangs, would not be so easily removed, and turned to ruthless guerrilla tactics to heckle and drive out the invaders. They began to steal Squaroo technology, and slowly began to decipher how these alien weapons worked, and even more slowly learned how to reverse engineer them into weapons and tools they themselves could use. The Redpelts were successful in driving the already weak T5K back, forcing them to build a wall around their territory and agree to a pact; the Squaroo were to stay in their compound and never venture out into the woods, and the Lunarians were to keep out of the compound. Despite their hatred for each other, the two of them have managed to not to attack each other again in several decades. U8G and the Sabrefangs, however, are still fighting to this day. Recently, some political conflict has arisen between the Windrunners, who want to preserve and protect the most unsullied land, and M2Y, who see no purpose in not using the resources lying unused all around them for what they think are purely sentimental reasons. They have been civil in this disagreement so far, but there are concerns that the issue could escalate.

And that's Zhrodashia as it is now. Torn between two very different races; in somes places, there is an odd but fair partnership. In others, there are compromises. And finally, there is the warzone. Because of this strife, most other races avoid Zhrodashia, but some merchant races drop in every now and then to exploit the U8G/Sabrefang conflict.

For those who might be curious, Nalea is from the Sabrefang pack, hence her more pronounced fangs.

UPDATE: Oops, I didn't make a connection to Felarya. I shall fix that later on today, kinda busy right now.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 pm

THose are nicely described worlds and pretty creative ^^
However zersergathant, I think we should probably focus more on the world itself, and it's geography, specificities and workings rather than its history. I mean it's more meant as a summary and a quick glimpse rather than an in-depth description ^^;

Mhh and this bring up the question of property. I guess it will be the same than for characters.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't know if worlds should have a similar disclaimer to that for characters. Sure that many are home of some non-canon characters - ie.: as I said, one of my characters, Yuritza, is from Durodia -, but it could also depend on how connected the world is to Felarya. I mean, a world that has a constant flow with Felarya would be mentioned in many sources, be it canon or not.

Dunno, I guess people who know more on the subject could give a better opinion on this... Also, let us all of us know if you find more things to fix in anyone's world description, Karbo. We're here for the improvement and some quality. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:47 pm

I had actually intended for us to discuss a little longer on what to make of the worlds, actually, Frenchsnack, Zersergathant, Feadraug, before posting worlds ourselves. But I suppose that part of the discussion was kind of over before it even started. And if... you feel Kummanis deserves its own page, Karbo, go ahead, I'll see what can I do to help. For now, though, I guess if that part of the discussion is over... then let's go.

I wouldn't know about the copyright thing. I suppose we can use the same rules we use with characters, though I'd rather we used the same rules we use for general locations.

Chorsus C is located in an arid, rocky, sub-zero world, currently a terraforming candidate showing excellent prospects. In barely two generations, the desolate landscape has been dotted around the warmer, rockier areas at intermediate latitudes with massive, domed greenhouses that serve to hold not only plant life, but their whole cities. Solar panels blanket the rocky area around those arcology-like structures, their glass panes holding at bay the unbreathable, frigid, dry air that massive windtraps harness for power.

While a terraforming effort at heart, Chorsus' remoteness made it perfect for attracting the rougher and most inconform elements of its motherland. Unlikely as it was that it would handle much in the way of commerce for a while, this realm attracted instead a thriving scientific and industrial crowd, specially the kind that wasn't all that keen on morality. As a result, Chorsus has bred a character in its inhabitants that could be best described as practical and cold at heart- if lacking in restraint and egregiously arrogant. People from this world have a nasty reputation as being terribly arrogant and somewhat irresponsible, but it's kind of charming how driven they are.

Currently, their most notable project involves taxonomy and genome studies- they had some overhunting issues in their cradle world. They were just way too irresponsible about the environment, and now they're trying to fix their planet a bit. Chorsus is, thus, serving as a gateway station- they are sorta holding tryouts for organisms from other worlds here before deciding what species they're letting into their planet. Current laws on their cradle planet are a bit restrictive about experimentation on living organisms, so they do all their nasty business where no one gives a thud about the well-being of any animals they find. This doesn't mean they're animal-hating douches (which they are!), but they are somewhat reckless when caring for these animals. It's not uncommon for them to just put several animals in a single biosphere and bother only to feed them: the surveillance video feeds are a common form of entertainment.

Needless to say they've got something of an interest in Felarya, with its massive variety of colorful fauna and flora, some of them impossible to find anywhere else. They've got an interest in other worlds too as well, obviously, but Felarya serves as a good place to buy from poachers and get plants [not to mention they are practically eating the dirt with their bare hands]. Interestingly, Chorsus' current gate technology functions only in space- anyone from Chorsus who's in Felarya has had astronaut training.

Recently they had a problem- two lifeforms unaccounted for had somehow reached the ventilation systems and wreaked havoc through an entire colony's plant life. Several of those plants had been brought from Felarya- meaning they've got to go and get them all over again, just because those fluffy little cute buggers with red eyes and cute teeth went and did the deed over and over again in the vent ducts. Their dislike for those animals (whom they will try to roast on sight) somehow exetends to just about anything that's just small enough to hold, with long ears, tiny front legs, whiskers, and a pom-pom tail. Specially if it swims and climbs. It's the current trend to use designs based on this animal as a display of aggressive intent.

Hoplista is another world, where the gravity is just a little lighter and the greens just a little darker. Dotted with a few rocky mountains and painted with some broad fields and jungles, this advanced world is currently locked in a violent war that's lasted the last 35 years and rendered much of their once-great civilization(s) in ruins, like it did with an ancient civilization a long, long time ago.

The Hoplistans are advanced in the extreme: one need look no further than the backs of their necks to figure it out. Neural interface technology has quickly become widespread in this world lately, and it shows. Their situation has also bred them (or maybe it's the other way around and their being that way bred the situation) generally enthusiastic and somewhat naïve, often thinking there's something that can solve it all. Nothing gets them down for long, either way. Most of them live in underground cities, only walking out for a breath of fresh air and a little sun between the ruins at times.

Their war industry is as developed as it gets, steel mills running in secret and supplying massive factories through so many secret tunnels being dug out all the time that there's always one a stone's throw away. About the only things above the ground are the solar generators, staying mobile in the middle of the deserts to avoid taking a hit. Those factories have been churning out weaponry at a prodigious rate, to supply a paranoid amount of armory caches that often get stocked and then forgotten- until the time is right.

Despite its long, long war, Hoplista hasn't had soldiers in a while. Most individuals get a neural interface at the age of 12-15, and those who want to become soldiers install an additional piece of software on it. This can hardly be called training: similarly, they can hardly be called soldiers, even in power armor or controlling a giant robot. Most of their efforts are currently being poured into creating a totally robotic soldier, and they might very well be close to it- specially given their most recent discovery.

They've recently discovered that the world they live in contained a few underground pockets of civilization left over by another race, apparently one that perished, at least in Hoplista, in a war as well. Obviously, they've reverse-engineered as much of their technology as they could, and found Felarya amongst other things. Their current devices aren't really up to the task of controlled travel, though, and they have little control over where in Felarya they're going to end up when they arrive; neither altitude nor position are in their control. In general, though, they arrive on parachutes, or in attack helicopters, or sometimes in mechas, or in some cases in weirder things. The factions present in Negav prefer to settle for selling guns while they see if they can buy any advantage they could reverse-engineer, though secretly, many of them believe that the best they could do is organize an exodus for others to abandon their war-torn world once and for all the moment that total war finally erupts.

Ambaric is the name of a continent known more for its architecture than for its natural beauty, despite its rolling hills, green fields, tall cliffs, long sandy beaches, white mountains, lush forests and snaking rivers. As far as the inhabitants know, no other continents have been discovered in their world.

Mostly, Ambaric is a peaceful land split between hundreds of feudal territories, each belonging to a lord, some of those lords serving overlords. Near every castle, big expanses cleared for farmland blanket the landscape, where oxen, donkeys and farmers toil by day. The pride and joy of every feudal lord are his horses, however, and their breeding is an art in those lands- a good horse's worth can't be ever measured in gold.

Metal is also currency on those lands; there is no shortage of knaves and curs that aim to disrupt the peace for reasons of their own, or great monsters that dwell inside the forests and come out to devour livestock now that the treelines have been pushed back so egregiously. Yet some beasts are immune to mundane steel, and for those that scorn the blade only magic can truly face them. Most of the magic is wielded by mages, but some of it is not; blades blessed against the treacherous hides of fiends and belts that grant boisterous strength are not unheard of, and as a matter of fact they are what legends are made of.

Nonetheless, Ambaric is most notable for its architecture, and sprawling cities of stone and brick please the eye with tall columns of white, proud statues of noble bronze, and most intrincately carved fountains. The sight of a tall castle, tower or wall in the distance is one that brings joy to the traveler, for towns are never far from those places. Many errants live their lives simply riding from one town to another; for a human, the sights in this realm couldn't be exhausted in a single lifetime.

But not all are humans, and an ambition so great that the world is not enough can even take root in the chest of one of those ephemeral beings. Beyond the coast of Halvaru, where its golden lighthouse sits near the edge of its regal cliff, lies Phoenix Island. It's in that island that one may leave the world if they please, for several gates are kept in there with magic as ancient as it is powerful, as performed by wizards both mysterious and unfathomable. One popular destination is Felarya for those whom wanderlust strikes- and for those who grow weary of seeing how nothing will ever change in this land.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:00 pm

I guess we were a bit too fast and eager about posting world ideas, Stabs. And I don't think that part of the discussion is over. If there is a better idea for posting world's info, just tell us. After all, you could be seen as the leader of the "world info" initiative. Wink We can go back and edit the info of our worlds to make it fit the final format.

And looking at these descriptions, I'm beginning to think that in my case I wanted not to make it too long - yet I even considered summing it up - that I'm actually making the shortest stuff. xD I might add more later then...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:44 am

Stabs wrote:
And if... you feel Kummanis deserves its own page, Karbo, go ahead, I'll see what can I do to help.

Well I'm no longer sure of that actually ^^; This world is only mentioned in Balfrezagg's attack which might seem a rather light reason. And I think perhaps we should stick to either worlds where a non-native Felaryan character come from or world having a direct relation with Felarya, whatever it is. As for the ownership question, I think it would be logical to have worlds where a character come from remain the property of their owners, and the worlds created for interacting with Felarya being integrated into it.

And really nice jobs on those Smile they are well described and creative. you manage to give a good gist of them in a short time. I especially like Chorsus and the idea of vehicles being designed after squirrels is priceless XD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki   Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas For Extra Worlds on the Wiki
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next