Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Kind of a contradiction in Drayla's page. It says that her mobility is fixed, but her same page does mention that she can uproot herself, so she would be able to move around.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:07 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Kind of a contradiction in Drayla's page. It says that her mobility is fixed, but her same page does mention that she can uproot herself, so she would be able to move around.

I think it means that, like other dryads, she has the ability to uproot herself if she really wants to, but she normally has a fixed location.

Dryads who uproot themselves normally do so to fix themselves more or less permanently elsewhere. You don't actually see dryads wandering around for any other reason.

So there's no real contradiction.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:49 am

It's could be interpreted as such.
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:25 pm

I noticed on Leppy's page it says she's a safe predator, yet in her bio it says she eats people, I think this should be fixed up ASAP.

Last edited by Solomon on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:41 am

French snack wrote:
Sean Okotami wrote:

I think it means that, like other dryads, she has the ability to uproot herself if she really wants to, but she normally has a fixed location.

Dryads who uproot themselves normally do so to fix themselves more or less permanently elsewhere. You don't actually see dryads wandering around for any other reason.

So there's no real contradiction.

Yep

...Until you get into the "legged dryads" that are mentioned on the dryad page, which is a whole other issue to deal with. They've never actually been canonically defined yet. Personally, I don't see the point of them. I don't have any issues with dryads uprooting themselves and crawling around on their roots, or twisting their roots to crudely imitate legs...but a full-on dryad, with legs, who can walk wherever she wants with ease, that just doesn't seem like a dryad anymore. To me, anyway. It'd be like saying "My character is a mermaid. But, she's barely ever in the water and walks around on land using her legs."
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah, fair point. Remember though, traditional dryads have human legs.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Yeah, fair point. Remember though, traditional dryads have human legs.

Weren't traditional dryads more nymph-like spirits of nature? Instead of a human/tree hybrid like ours are?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah, they were bonded to trees. Hamadryads were the only dryads that couldn't move from the tree without the tree dying.

ash trees - Meliai.
apple trees - Epimeliad
walnuttrees - Caryatids

something like that.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 am

In the Topazial Sea page, it says that there are volasaurus as part of its fauna. However, there are no entry about them in the actual fauna page, and it hyperlinks to the aquatic fauna still.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
In the Topazial Sea page, it says that there are volasaurus as part of its fauna. However, there are no entry about them in the actual fauna page, and it hyperlinks to the aquatic fauna still.

Good catch. The volasaurus was never developed, and was removed from the fauna page months ago. I've removed the link from the two pages where it still appeared.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 pm

on a similar note Elle is said to wear a bikini of an obrak beast when there is no article in the wiki on such a creature, or perhaps i simply haven't found it yet.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:19 pm

EvilGenius wrote:
on a similar note Elle is said to wear a bikini of an obrak beast when there is no article in the wiki on such a creature, or perhaps i simply haven't found it yet.

The only thing you need to know about obrak beasts is that they have fur like a leopard, and enough of it to make Elle a bikini.

Also, they don't live in Felarya, they live in Dorontu.

WTFFF... AWE"#EASD

Awita waiat awrr.

Wait a moment. "Obrak"... Isn't that Karbo backwards? She skinned Karbo? That bitch!

P.S: Seriously, I just noticed the pun now...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:01 am

o.o

I know somebody who have some explaining to do XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 am

LOOOOL!!!
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:26 am

aethernavale wrote:
Is it just for me, or did the Felarya Wiki left/side panel navigation suddenly bail out? It seems to be present all the way down at the bottom of the page when viewed from Mozilla Firefox 9.0.

It does still appear correctly in Google Chrome 15.0.874.120 m and MIE 9.0.8112.16421 from my testing. Can post pictures if necessary.

The issue I was experiencing while viewing the wiki with FireFox has apparently been corrected by updating the browser to the next revision. I am currently using Firefox 10.0 and the minibar / navigation panel is back to the correct orientation in the page.

Still no idea why it only affected the Felaryan wiki - my guess still relates to it being some coding issue that FF either didn't know how to handle or had some broken piece that caused the coding for this particular shell to be misrepresented as it was.

Regardless, the issue appears fixed now. Recommend any users experiencing this issue to upgrade their current FF version to the latest, as that should correct it. If not, well, no ideas here.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 am

Alright this wording on the wiki page seems to be contrary on Anko's hunting habits to a point. "Thankfully, the big bad mermaid is not as voracious as her terrible reputation makes her to be, and she actually feeds a lot on fish." now I may just be confused here.

But it says that Anko is a Specialized predator and prefers humans, yet her bio also says as stated above she prefers to mainly hunt fish, it overall seems very misguiding I mean does she commonly go out of her way to hunt humans if she's Specialized, or does she prefer to go after fish which I think would make her less dangerous like Opportunistic? It just seems rather confusing and I think something needs to be done about it.

Last edited by Solomon on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:04 am

Solomon wrote:
Alright this wording on the wiki page seems to be contrary on Anko's hunting habits to a point. "Thankfully, the big bad mermaid is not as voracious as her terrible reputation makes her to be, and she actually feeds a lot on fish." now I may just be confused here.

But it says that Anko is a Specialized predator and prefers humans, yet her bio also says as stated above she prefers to mainly hunt fish, it overall seems very misguiding I mean does she commonly go out of her way to hunt humans if she's Specialized, or foes prefers to go after fish which I think would make her less dangerous like ? It just seems rather confusing and I think something needs to be done about it.

Mermaids can't go out of their way to hunt humans, since they are confined to the water. Their diet would mostly be fish, and they'd only really get the chance to eat a human very rarely, whenever someone was stupid enough to go/get too close to the water, or try to cross her bridge.

EDIT: Oh, great. They added the "vore ratings"... Such a pointless idea.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 am

I just took a look at the Great Marshes page and noticed it forgot to mention slug-girl in the inhabitants list, I say slug-girl because the only one I know of in the location is Timing2's Marsha. But it might be slug-girls because I think the race does commonly live in the general location, I think it needs to have slug-girl(s) added to the inhabitants list.

rcs619 wrote:
EDIT: Oh, great. They added the "vore ratings"... Such a pointless idea.

Seeing how I suggested the idea awhile ago, I take a bit of offence to that statement, anyway off topic.

Could someone please let it be know if slug-girl(s) live in the marsh or not (which I think by all rights they would)
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:08 am

Solomon wrote:
Alright this wording on the wiki page seems to be contrary on Anko's hunting habits ... It just seems rather confusing and I think something needs to be done about it.
Yeah, that is a bit confusing. Maybe Anko's habits have changed since her character was created, but the wiki did not get fully updated?

rcs619 wrote:
Mermaids can't go out of their way to hunt humans, since they are confined to the water.
I have to disagree. In this context "go out of their way" would mean something like "spends most of their time in areas where they are likely to encounter humans, rather than in areas where they are most likely to get fish." Being "trapped" in the water just limits their options, it doesn't remove them entirely.

Solomon wrote:
I just took a look at the Great Marshes page and noticed it forgot to mention slug-girl in the inhabitants list, I say slug-girl because the only one I know of in the location is Timing2's Marsha. But it might be slug-girls because I think the race does commonly live in the general location, I think it needs to have slug-girl(s) added to the inhabitants list.
Slugs living in a marsh sounds right to me, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:29 pm

I took a look at the inhabitants list of the area called Malyra fen, in the Great Marshes, and it says there are Beasts of the Past, along with warrior women *which could be human amazons* along with nekos and elves. Now if it says these things are in the area, then why aren't they in the inhabitants list?

Just something I think needs looked at is all.
Back to top Go down
2Ron2R
Helpless prey
2Ron2R

PostSubject: Selachis entry   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:35 am

In the Selachis entry 3rd paragraph, 6th sentence (just past the middle).

"It is worth noting that selachis can tell their own teeth from any other selachi or sea cretinous, provided they have taken a close look at one of their own, and get a good look at one claimed to belong to them."

I would think "sea cretinous" is supposed to be sea creatures.
Back to top Go down
http://2ron2r.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks; fixed.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:38 am

The wiki still does not have a link to the new tome on the index.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:35 am

Was trying to find out more about oosoon berries (as depicted on this page) but there doesn't seem to be any other reference to them? From the picture I'm assuming they have some sort of intoxicating/liberating effect but can't find any entry about them.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 am

Okay, I can't explain their makeup like Asaenvolk can. He's the one that they belong to. I don't think the liquid in those berries are straight up water, but they contain some sort of fluid I think that has a much stronger reaction to fairies than any other species. So fairies get drunk easily from them. Ace should have more details. Unfortunately, and for some reason I can't explain, they don't have a section in the wiki with those other fruits. >_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 13 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next