Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

Wiki corrections - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
In the new Lydus entry
"Fortunately, the Barrier of Reality is night unbreachable"

Clearly Karbo meant that any breaching had to occur during the day....

...fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:26 pm

I've been wondering with a minor race page as long as the Jotun's why are they still a minor race? especially when they seem to be with a known culture?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:46 pm

aethernavale wrote:
Without going too indepth, I would most likely blame it on a CSS margin error; or however the wiki determines how to place things. I've seen this sort of thing happen before, and that was the problem - one section of the page started 'bleeding over' into the other section forcing one section 'on top of' the other.

Does this happen on all the pages of the Felarya wiki, or only on the main page (where, for example, you have that large map stretching the page)?

If it's only the main page, does the problem go away when the map is resized? If on the other hand it affects all pages, it's probably beyond our ability to fix (as we wouldn't have access to what needs to be fixed), and I'm a bit mystified at it only affecting this one wiki...
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 am

No, it is only the Felarya wiki and it is affected unilaterally across all pages I can access of the wiki. I used Firebug to poke around at things, but didn't have enough time to invest an indepth investigation. Using Firebug I was able to manipulate the position of the navi menu so this is more than likely an interpretation issue with the up and coming FF browser and current CSS/HTML rules delineated by MediaWiki's coding.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 pm

The Centaurs page is not nice to people who don't have wide screens. Not that I don't, but sometimes I don't want one page taking up the entirety of one of my two screens.

Image spoiler'd to save space:
As you can see, the rather wide image overflows a bit. I reckon it just needs a bit of a downsize.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 am

I've reduced the size from 700px to 550. How does it look now?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:42 am

Looks fine at 550. 700 is far too wide for anything that's not intended to take up the entire width of the screen.There are still people out there with small screens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:11 am

I'm not sure if I have the rights to say so or not. But I've noticed on the chlaena page in the "Powers and Abilities" it doesn't state rather chlaenas or their sub-species are able to regrow lost limbs or not like octopuses and squids in nature.

I mean one would think that since chlaenas and their sub-species have the abilities of their counterparts (meaning octopus and squids in nature) that they'd have all those abilities, I mean they can shoot ink and change colors and fit into tight places easily but it doesn't state rather they can regrow lost limbs or not.

Of course like octopus and squids it depends on how much damage was done to a lost limb but I'd think that chlaenas and their sub-species would be more then fully capable especially in a world like Felarya to regrow lost limbs that haven't been to severely (meaning completely out of the area the limb joins into) damaged within a matter of days to weeks.

But I'm just stating my thought on the matter is all especially after having a chat with Fish one of the people who help make the chlaenas and their sub-species.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:34 am

Well personally I'm a little cautious of making a species *too* similar to the corresponding earthern animal.. I'm not saying your idea is bad or anything in this case , just that a total similarity is not necessarily a good thing that must be absolutely seeked when it comes to Felaryan species in general ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:04 am

Monty's bio under Character, line five, "Passing by a web with humans stuck in it or a pit trap, his consciousness"

consciousness should be conscience. *Facepalm*

Jewel River under Prayaga Island: "Most creatures living in the island soon relegate the ground to the rank of a vague and confuse threath"

"confusing" and "threat"

Below that, "Curiously, their position don't" "doesn't"

Second paragraph, "The Aloes are a rather peaceful tribe, mainly keeping to themselves in the island, exercing art " exercising"

I also rather think it would be "on the island" instead of "in"

"They are definitely of the predatory type though, and any captured adventurer have high chances" that would be "adventurers have" or "adventurer has"
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:26 am

Fixed; thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 6:12 am

Lydus, lose being spelled as loose... again.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 6:49 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Lydus, lose being spelled as loose... again.

Various corrections made to that page.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:14 am

There are some rather easily confirm-able facts and widespread effects in the Human Rumors section of the wiki which are useful enough that it's questionable why they are only in rumors.

I understand that the rumors section is supposed to have some real facts mixed in, and so I will not be pressing "confirm or deny." Instead I'm just pointing out that if something would be really easy to confirm and has a big presence, it would probably be more useful in a relevant article than sitting around being a rumor all day.

The sort of stuff I'm talking about:

"21. Were-creatures on Felarya are oddly affected by its moons system since there is more than one, that their number sometimes varies, and they are all full and new at different times. Thus were-creatures are always at a half and half stage, still retaining their sanity but getting some of the abilities of their were-forms and sometimes some funny and unwanted effects to go with them."

The effect is big and you couldn't really interpret it otherwise, aside from whatever places in Felarya don't share its sky (Sunfall Thicket). Seems like a piece of Felaryan Physics that got lost. The current description could be moved there, while the Rumors section would instead be an account of a were-being in Felarya, like "I met an inu who claimed he was actually human. He growled about being bitten by a wolf in another world as the reason for his canine traits. Crazy huh?"

"38. Compasses, for some reason, don't work when you are in Felarya. It may have something to do with the fact that it's in its own dimension; anyway people use a magic reference point to know which way is "north"."

More physics. Probably one of the first things newcomers are warned about if they plan to go trek around in the wilderness.

"19. Once, a mage tried to install a network of teleport gates as a means of transportation throughout Felarya. He gave up when half insane, the project hitting a serious snag due to the unstable nature of the world."

Seems like a historically noteworthy effort that would be taught in Dimensional Magic 101 at Isolon University in a chapter titled "No You Can't Do That." I don't know if that's worthy of Felarya History or Versology though.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:24 pm

mhh you are right , the 21 and 38 are useful infos that would deserve to be mentioned more in detail indeed. the 19 is a little more generic and meant as a silly thing ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:55 pm

wiki wrote:
Some of King Tonho's advisors recommend a compromise, because this infighting weaken dangerously the city.

I suggest changing that to "because this infighting is dangerously weakening the city"

on a side note, I recommend the pages of talking about the crimson maidens be moved and made into a separate thread so we can continue to talk about how to make them more fleshed out.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:45 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
wiki wrote:
Some of King Tonho's advisors recommend a compromise, because this infighting weaken dangerously the city.

I suggest changing that to "because this infighting is dangerously weakening the city"

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:37 am

Umm I don't know if this is intentional or not but Fulmina's age and height are blank. I read the bio and found out it stated she was average of height thougjh I don't remember anything about age, not that it realy maters with Felarya's "chrono stop" rule anyway, could sombody fill in the detials?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Well, Fulmina belongs to Jaette-Troll, who has resigned from the community for several reasons, so it may go unfinished.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:30 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Well, Fulmina belongs to Jaette-Troll, who has resigned from the community for several reasons, so it may go unfinished.

Oh no! I was hopping to talk to him on here. I have long admired his Jotuns. =/ Oh well maybe when I get my new OS I'll try contacting him through DA, he is still there isn't he?
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:17 pm

I found a simple error in the page on nagas

"Not only it can digest just about everything, but it's very resistant to damage as well"
should be changed to
"Not only can it digest just about everything, but it's very resistant to damage as well"
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 am

EvilGenius wrote:
I found a simple error in the page on nagas

"Not only it can digest just about everything, but it's very resistant to damage as well"
should be changed to
"Not only can it digest just about everything, but it's very resistant to damage as well"

Fixed; thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Some precision about the Necromancy section of the Magic page. It says that a spirit can still possess a body of its own will, or be bound to an object or artificial body, but cannot be forced back to life. It almost sounds like you can't bind a spirit in an object or golem by force, or that someone can come back to life if its wandering soul decides to re-inhabit its body. I know that wouldn't work since the body won't fuction any more, since it'd be like trying to make a destroyed car running by changing its engine, but I just wanted to throw that in.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:39 pm

I've noticed that not all the predators on the wiki, like Garnet, have Predation and Food Category slots in their bios. Is there any way this could be updated? ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Claire wrote:
Since everyone is talking about this O__o?. If people in the community are really concerned about what predators eat kids and what not or just addressing this topic in general. I think a good solution is having something included about that topic in the Predation Tier list in the wiki.

(Taking from the wiki)

Highly Specialized: Goes out of way to hunt humanoids before other available food.

From my understanding some predators that fall under the category "highly specialized," do not eat kids? It possibly make things a bit confusing when people are talking about this kind of topic, (for example Crisis is highly specialized but doesn't eat kids)

To make things simple, I recommend that we keep the highly specialized category the way it is and for the predators that ARE highly specialized that DONT eat kids, maybe move them down to Specialized.

Specialized to Highly Specialized does seem appropriate for defining that "moral line" that we keep in our heads. To be honest a Predator that's still "specialized" can still be very voracious. Like Crisis for example, having her under the specialized category can still make sense because humanoids do make up the most of her diet.

I think those fairy's in Nicks story really shows the next step after "specialized" because they GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to hunt humanoids, age does not matter to them, young/old they are still humanoid, making them food.

I hope this can clear everything up.

I think personally this should happen ASAP. Because I think this will help clearify a lot of things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next