Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jedi's Critters and Creations

Go down 
+6
Nyaha
CThompson17
Karbo
Stabs
parameciumkid
jedi-explorer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Jedi's Critters and Creations Empty
PostSubject: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:24 pm

I've seen a few people make these threads and I've never had the intrest to try it till I was reading the wiki and found it was lacking in undergroudn fauna so I made one of my own. Heck I may add more stuff to this later. Who knows? but for now I'd like feed back on this creature I made.

Name: Undugiro
Size: Varies (Normaly 125 feet but adds more as it feeds)
Danger: High

The Undugiro is a sub-terrainan creature that when exposed above ground resembles cross between ant lion and a centipede in it’s adult form. It’s larval stage is more like a small lozenge-like creature with long tail attached, the second mouth will grow on this part but till much later. It’s body is armored made up of various types hard rectangular plates that are raised and vary in thickness depending on how regularly it’s eaten and what it consumed. The Undugiro also has a set of padded jaws on it’s front section while it’s rear has another set of jaws incapable of eating. The pads are used to apply subtle yet very strong pressure on a victum. It attacks by first using pulses of sonic vibration at a ultra low frequency that make the soil loose under it’s prey. The effect is described as “shimmer earth” as it is said to “ripple” and move about like heat shimmer or ripples on a pound. It then sticks it’s pincers through the earth like it was butter and grabs it’s victum holding them with it’s strong jaws and pulling them underground where they are swallowed at the creatures own pace. Once digested the prey’s is not eliminated from the body but added to the creature to increase it’s mass!

---- the List of Ideas ---

Clare's Den
Choya Village

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Thu May 02, 2013 10:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Sounds cool, but if you'd like some constructive criticism...
1. I suggest maybe a shape other than spherical for a burrowing animal. Spheres are VERY difficult to push through soil, hence why most burrowing creatures on Earth are roughly cylinder-shaped and have some kind of pointy thing at the front for digging. Perhaps the larva moves via peristalsis, the way earthworms and leeches do, extending its front portion forward and then squeezing the rest along after it, such that it's sometimes a sphere but, when digging, more of a cone shape?
2. The "black hole" feeding mechanism is cool in concept, but the reason waste excretion exists in other creatures is because part of everything we eat is either completely useless and indigestible or outright toxic. Does the undugiro have a unique means of storing or otherwise metabolizing this matter?
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:55 am

parameciumkid wrote:
Sounds cool, but if you'd like some constructive criticism...
1. I suggest maybe a shape other than spherical for a burrowing animal. Spheres are VERY difficult to push through soil, hence why most burrowing creatures on Earth are roughly cylinder-shaped and have some kind of pointy thing at the front for digging. Perhaps the larva moves via peristalsis, the way earthworms and leeches do, extending its front portion forward and then squeezing the rest along after it, such that it's sometimes a sphere but, when digging, more of a cone shape?
2. The "black hole" feeding mechanism is cool in concept, but the reason waste excretion exists in other creatures is because part of everything we eat is either completely useless and indigestible or outright toxic. Does the undugiro have a unique means of storing or otherwise metabolizing this matter?

Sorry It too me so long to get back to this!

I see that now. ^^; Well I updated it with a lozenge shape. I like the peristalsis idea. I may update that later. I see your points about eleminating the excretion as a hard thing to explain. Perhaps it does excrete matter through it's pores on a sub-molecular level. That way it's not too gross. ^^;
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Clare's Den   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Clare's Den
Danger: Safe (Moderate if you're an intruder.)
Inhabitants: Naga, Human
Subzones: Kate's Apartment.
Characters: Clare Gouldscale and Kate Lowe

The offworlder naga Clare is used to sleeping in a cave and thus she decided to make one one just outside the Forest of Wispers so she'd be close to to Vivian who sometimes gives her magic lessons and helped instal the pocket dimension in the cave so that it could not only fit Clare but her human room mate Kate Lowe. The entrance is almost always spouting mist and has some decorative, cut not carnivorous, local plant life to help it blend in. It is also made from a odd green stone to add a little more stealth to it.

Once inside one will find 100 foot halls of near smooth stone and lined with sconces holding Blazemold. The passages vary in shape and ability to pass if one isn't invited into the den, but all of Clare's close friends who have been there at least once will find they right path. Others will find a maze that always leads back to the exit. If one tries to bypass the spell magicaly there's a fail safe that will instantly telaport the intruder to "safety jar" where Clare will eventually sort them out. Kate calls this the "Cookie Jar" since a few of those intruders turn out to be up to no good and Clare has a "bad guys are yummy" policy.

Not that a treasure hunter would really find anything of interest in Clare's section of the cave. The main part of the cave consists of a large circular room with nest-like area in the middle of it and fireplace and mantle with a large picture of Clare and Kate posing cutely and a few decorative artifacts for show. Around the room is chest containing her favorite atire and nearby is a rack for her axe. The floor is made of the same substance as the walls and is nearly impenetrable. However there are false sections of rock places for various purposes. One is lined with Boralite which is used to freeze the various meat, fruits and vegetables, since one can't live on villains and theives alone, and another serves as places to store extra material for making her clothes. In addition to the main room there are a few other spaces for other uses. One is what Clare uses for a shower. A large underground waterfall with a pool. This room is used at a bath tub.

Kate's Apartment
Danger: Legendary! (If you're bothering her for no reason)
Inhabitants: Kate mostly

Kate's Apartment is only assessable to human sized individuals through a mouse-hole like section of the Main Room with only a small enchanted door to divide it from the rest of the house. Unlike Clare's naturalistic way of living Kate has certain modern standards and had the room modified to resemble a human house with several smaller rooms for various functions such as the Living Room, Bathroom, Bed Room, Kitchen and a Rec Room for practicing spells and keeping in shape. One of the most notable things about the room is the amount of modern tech in it. All the lighting is powered by a refurbished Deluran Portable Power Generator so unlike Clare's room it's much brighter with electric lights. She has scavenged a couch, love seat and even had a table put in. All of which to better help her watch the giant TV-like device that looks something what like what Anna would use as a iPad. The device serves as a personal computer but has no internet capability. She's trying to solve this problem in the hopes of using it to contact home. All attempts have failed thus far.

The bathroom was the hardest to work out. Getting plumbing in a cave is no easy task but somehow she managed to not only get a working walk in shower but a toleit as well. Kate's bed room has a queen sized bed that is lined with Dream Catchers and curtains. It also contains a underwear drawer and small closet for her outfits.

The Kitchen is a simple model with a island, refrigerator and a cabinet for storing spices and dishes. She has yet to find a dish washer and has to wash everything by hand.

The Rec Room is very complex with a rack of weapons spelled to cause non-life threatening injuries. One section has a Training Golem Kate personally made for combat training and spell practice. There's also a Illusion Generator to simulate environments in Felarya against non lethal illusion predators, enemies and animals that Kate can pit herself against. There's a small corner for her spell books and for studying as well but she usually put more energy into physically training with her staff since hand to hand and melee is not her specialty.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Choya Village   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

IDEA VERSION BOXED For current one: https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3946-choya-citidel?highlight=Choya

Choya Village
Danger:  Minimal
Subzones: Rene's Bakery, Holdo's Magics and Choya Port
Inhabitants: Human, Elf, Neko and various (They are very open to all races)
Characters: Cameron, Heather, Erinel Kel-Adanel

Founded a few centuries after the Darkness Elementals destroyed their settlement a small group of Elves migrated east to the Torapaline Coast and founded a small hidden village near one of it's coves hopping to live peacefully and anonymously away from others and for a long time had a strict xenophobic system to keep outsiders away. This policy was dissolved later when a human Adventure group took refuge and one of their members fell in love with a Village Elder and the two were joined in marriage. From then on all species were welcome as long as they obeyed the rules of the Elder and promised to never tell anyone of the villages location. Because of their isolationist attitude this limited their trading abilities and military capacity. A  elven village Elder's grand daughter named Erinel foresaw this and set off along with her human freind Rene and her predator friend Heather to find a guardian for their village.  She returned with the giant mecenary Cameron who now watches over the village in exchange for foodstuffs from the local Bakery, whom's owner specializes in making giant sized versions of human food.

Rene's Bakery

The human girl Rene is best friends with the the current vilage Elder's Granddaughter and thus when she was brought to the village she opened a small Bakery which has the capacity to make both human and giant sized food stuffs and is loved by both the villagers and the two friendly preds who have been made resident protectors. The shop has freshly made bread everyday as well as pastries, bagels, cresants and many other dishes.

Holdo's Magic Shop

Holdo is a long time resident who offers his magical expertise to residents and was esential in making the illusionary spell that disguises the village and keeps it safe. As such he is most beloved by the people. He's considered a local hero but isn't much for company or small chit chat. Though if you're looking for rare and exotic spell scrolls, no tomes oddly, magically enchanted weapons or artifacts of various type and size. He mostly sells to sailors from Izatem or Chiotia and adventurers who manage to find the the village.

Choya Port

The port is little more than peir from trading with Chiotia and Izatem and has little offer an adventurer. It's also lightly more dangerous as the spell isn't desinged to keep the local predators or fauna out. The Village Council has elected a small group of individuals to patrol the bay and keep residents as safe as possible. Heather also does fly overs and will assist if not bored.

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Carbuncle and Flanvish   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Okay while thinking that we have waaay to few of Tiny races I came up with Carbuncles and the Flanvish I had idea for while watching Grimm.

Carbuncles

Carbuncles are uncommon species of Tiny with green skin that ranges from pale blue green to dark evergreen. They are about three and half inches tall on average and don't grow above that. Other aspects of their race is a long flowing white tail that's ultra plush and silky and what appears to be a gem stone set in the forehead. Their ears are also large and elf-like with down-like plush.

Personalities:
Carbuncles as a people are very shy and don't often associate with other Tinies and tend to be very cautious around them not speaking much and often fleeing rather than fight or talk to them. Due to their delicate nature they tend to oppose violence and most won't even fight back to defend themselves and rely on their speed and stealth more than powerful weapons of magic. Their one defense lies in the forehead jewel they have. It has the power to briefly create a intense series of flashes that can disorionate a foe and an added effect of totally nulifying all magic directed at them and around them. This magical Null lasts no more than ten seconds, but that's usually enough time for a quick Carbuncle to escape a captor.

Rare Treat:
As you may have guessed capturing a Carbuncle is no easy task and thus most predators love to hunt them for the pure challenge of it. It doesn't help that some accounts of predators eating them saying that the taste is creamy and makes one feel light headed for a moment. Because of this odd high it doubles the pleasure of eating them alive and whole.

Alchemic Properties:

So it had been said. The forehead jewel is prized in making artifacts that harness Light Magic and is sold for extravagant amounts, but the tail, or Buncle Down, is far more valuable. The soft feather caress of it is used to line noble women's gloves ,and some accounts say their panties and bras as well, and it too has magical properties. When put in a serum and boiled with Moon Bloom it is said one can harness the power to pierce the vale of life and death and see one's loved ones as if they were there. The effect lasts only minutes but many seek it out for the simple comfort of talking to their loved ones in heaven or hell. The Buncle Down is also used in curse removal by burning a bundle over the afflicted person. Others uses are just being discovered but most Carbuncles tend to be caught but less than honorable poachers who are more likely to sell them to the Black Markert or Private dealers.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Actually, there's a creature that doesn't poop at all. It's also pretty much like your Undugiro. Antlion larvas are unusual in that they lack an anus. Though you prolly knew that already, didn't you? It's prolly where you got the idea of making it grow as it eats.

If I may make an alternative suggestion, it could breed as it eats, like something out of a horror manga like Biomeat: Nectar. Or it could have parasites (well, more like symbiotic organisms at this rate) in its tract to deal with the call of nature it can't deal with by itself.

======

Clare's Den, on the other hand, well, it looks awful luxurious for something a single person built by herself, not to mention resourceful. It would take a lot of magic to do all the things you want it to do, and the hot waterfall really pushes the whole cave thing. Having an extra zone built specially for one human, that's pushing it even harder.

======

Choya Village's a bit of a challenge to believe. Isolationist elves got over their xenophobia in less than one generation because someone fell in love with an outsider? So they hired a giant merc to do their protection? And yet they have a harbor that requires its own entry? And a magic shop to do business with outsiders?

It's not all that hard to stay alive if they're good at hiding. Not all that hard to trade, either. Here's a scheme I'd like you to consider, they could have a bunch of guys with an itsy-bitsy ship docking in a well-hidden harbor (with a really shallow draft, whether artificial or natural, so big mermaids can't follow them there) and going to larger places like Chiotia or Izatem for all their business needs. A'course, their military side will suffer, but their trading capacity shouldn't take much of a hit unless they're a really large settlement.

It takes ingredients for 18^3 (or 5832, to be explicit) to make a pred-sized pie (matters of required nutrition aside), and I'm assuming villages aren't going to number over 2000. If you're going to have the preds fed pastries, hire a fairy... if you roll that way, I don't like fairies doing things like that either. Long as the pred doesn't mind that the final size of the pie is under 12 feet wide, fairy will work- but there's the xenophobia, and I take that stuff srsly.

======

The Carbuncles I like, short of the part about piercing the veil of death by eating their tails. We have Shaman's root, which does the same thing; I suggest you build most of their abilities around this magical strobelight in their foreheads. Their use in uncursing makes a bit mo' sense given their ability to stop magic. If anything, you should try to add a bit more about what they are like on their own.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Quote :
Actually, there's a creature that doesn't poop at all. It's also pretty much like your Undugiro. Antlion larvas are unusual in that they lack an anus. Though you prolly knew that already, didn't you? It's prolly where you got the idea of making it grow as it eats.

No I didn't know that! O.O How interesting. I thought I know everything about Antlions, considering I encountered one when I was much younger and mistaken it for a big fuzzy red and black ant then later learned it was in fact a stage of metamorphosis. The original concept comes from "Weight Gain" or "Instant Digestion" fetish. I looked into that years ago and still find it interesting that a creature can instantly metabolize it's prey and add it to their own body. I went a step further by focusing on the prey becoming the pred's armor.

Quote :
If I may make an alternative suggestion, it could breed as it eats, like something out of a horror manga like Biomeat: Nectar. Or it could have parasites (well, more like symbiotic organisms at this rate) in its tract to deal with the call of nature it can't deal with by itself.

Hmm I like the idea of another pred parasite that eats what they do, reminds of me the Dryad Gut Worm. XD Oh that was a fun read. As if bieng eaten by a Dryad weren't enough you get in there, without any chance of being regurgitated out, even if she wanted to, and then you find another thing wants to eat you! You really should have become a Minacalan Priest. Laughing I'll get to work on bio for that and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote :
Clare's Den, on the other hand, well, it looks awful luxurious for something a single person built by herself, not to mention resourceful. It would take a lot of magic to do all the things you want it to do, and the hot waterfall really pushes the whole cave thing. Having an extra zone built specially for one human, that's pushing it even harder.

Well on the luxorious bit, this part is for fun partially, but to be fair you're thinking she's done all this rather quickly right? Well that's not exactly the case. This is more the "final" version of it. I must admit now that I think about it it would be easier not to have Kate with a whole apartment to herself, but mabye a little living space. Like a cabinet-like thing. I can even get a bit of laugh from Kate being all proud and not wanting to live like a mouse! XD Oh so much fun. Very well I shall go back and redesign a more basic version, but I'd rather like to keep the defense spell that acts like a maze. Aslo could you give me some advice on how I can make a lair that both a predator and her human friend could share more comfortably? IE: Better ideas for bathing facilities and other minor issues I haven't solved yet. ^_^;

Quote :
It's not all that hard to stay alive if they're good at hiding. Not all that hard to trade, either. Here's a scheme I'd like you to consider, they could have a bunch of guys with an itsy-bitsy ship docking in a well-hidden harbor (with a really shallow draft, whether artificial or natural, so big mermaids can't follow them there) and going to larger places like Chiotia or Izatem for all their business needs. A'course, their military side will suffer, but their trading capacity shouldn't take much of a hit unless they're a really large settlement.

Hmm I see. Well I suppose it does need a bit of touching up. To be fair I'm sure I stated that Choya Port is a small dock for ships, IE: It has a Ship Registry Office, a dock with a wide pier but like a dozen berths that are almost never full to capacity. Their own naval fleet is reliant on Mercenaries mostly. Come to think of it I haven't even added gun installations for anti-pirate attacks! Ack! O-O I need to re-work some minor anti-personel gun nests or something at the very least. I'll add that in with your recommendations on a more shallow water based dock and trrade relations with Izatem and Chiotia would make some sense I agree. Perhaps I should use a Merc Fleet to protect the harbor and focus on having some small, fast ships for increasing trade between the ocean going cities?

Quote :
It takes ingredients for 18^3 (or 5832, to be explicit) to make a pred-sized pie (matters of required nutrition aside), and I'm assuming villages aren't going to number over 2000. If you're going to have the preds fed pastries, hire a fairy... if you roll that way, I don't like fairies doing things like that either. Long as the pred doesn't mind that the final size of the pie is under 12 feet wide, fairy will work- but there's the xenophobia, and I take that stuff srsly.

Whoa! I knew it'd be big, but not that big. Again this little bit here was for fun, but since you mentioned it I suppose having a fairy to help Rene in her work. Also might be nice to have one around for when the giant Cameron goes off on his treks or needs soem down time to recover between injuries.

Quote :
The Carbuncles I like, short of the part about piercing the veil of death by eating their tails. We have Shaman's root, which does the same thing; I suggest you build most of their abilities around this magical strobelight in their foreheads. Their use in uncursing makes a bit mo' sense given their ability to stop magic. If anything, you should try to add a bit more about what they are like on their own.

Okay the tail thing was supposed to be based on a sort of inside joke in "Pirates of the Caribbean" when Jack mentions it reffering to a visit by a spirit, but I have sense read the wiki and do realize that Shaman's Root is more effective. I shall edit it out. Hm think of more use for the forehead jewel eh? Why not? Ah I suppose a do need to add more on their behavior and social life as well as their relationship to other Tinies. Thanks for all the awesome comments, Stabs! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Those are nice ideas ^^
the Undugiro and Carbuncles are especially interesting I think.
The undugiro looks a real subterranean horror and the Carbuncle's design is intriguing, with that gem on their head. Good job ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Felarya really needs a community map...
Not that I have any idea how to implement this or enforce quality standards, but I'm just sayin'. Because I like your settings but I don't want to learn about every new setting by having to hunt it down and read about it in a forum thread, y'know?
sigh...
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Karbo wrote:
Those are nice ideas ^^
the Undugiro and Carbuncles are especially interesting I think.
The undugiro looks a real subterranean horror and the Carbuncle's design is intriguing, with that gem on their head. Good job ^^

Thanks, Karbo, I'm glad you like them! I put allot of thought into what a underground horror should be when I did the Undugiro. I will work on some mroe underground creatures too as it just seems too safe down there! Laughing Yes! I'm glad you liked that. It took me a while to think of what traits to use fromt eh Carbuncle and where to put them, but honestly the forehead gem was just like super easy. It makes them so cute and different! Very Happy

Quote :
Felarya really needs a community map...
Not that I have any idea how to implement this or enforce quality standards, but I'm just sayin'. Because I like your settings but I don't want to learn about every new setting by having to hunt it down and read about it in a forum thread, y'know?
sigh...

What is this community map? o.O Sounds useful and comminity-y
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Paste back   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:02 am

Redirecting to General Discussion.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Okay instead of modifying Carbuncles I just decided to post in a new post so it'd be easier for others to see it. If there's not too many problems with this post I'll leave it here and put text marker in the old one. Changes: I took out the idea of eating their tail fiber allowing people to see the dead. I added a section on the interactions with other species of diferent sizes, a section on their lore, behavior of city dwelling Carbuncles and a list of goods that are made/ used by Carbuncles.

Carbuncles

Carbuncles are uncommon species of Tiny with green skin that ranges from pale blue green to dark evergreen. They are about three and half inches tall on average and don't grow above that. Other aspects of their race is a long flowing white tail that's ultra plush and silky and what appears to be a gem stone set in the forehead. Their ears are also large and elf-like with down-like plush.

Personalities:
Carbuncles as a people are very shy and don't often associate with other Tinies and tend to be very cautious around them not speaking much and often fleeing rather than fight or talk to them. Due to their delicate nature they tend to oppose violence and most won't even fight back to defend themselves and rely on their speed and stealth more than powerful weapons of magic. Their one defense lies in the forehead jewel they have. It has the power to briefly create a intense series of flashes that can disorionate a foe and an added effect of totally nulifying all magic directed at them and around them. This magical Null lasts no more than ten seconds, but that's usually enough time for a quick Carbuncle to escape a captor.

Ibity Bity Living Space:
Carbuncles prefer small tree hollows

Social Interaction:

Interaction with Tinies:
Around their own people Carbuncles tend to be quite open and freindly but around other tinies they are often less than confident. Firstly because their kind hasn't put alot of effort into weapons and tech and they tend to enjoy living in hollows in trees as opposed to other building dwelling Tinies, except for City Buncles but they are not seen as "true" Carbuncles by their tree hugging cousins. If aksed why they'll tell you that they like to be in something living. The thought of being in something dead is just repulsive. As such Carbuncles don't have funerals. The few who aren't killed by being eaten are placed in their favorite tree hollow and left to rest peacefully and eventually be absorbed by the tree or surounding vegitation. For Carbuncle relgion states that all life is eventualy returned to the Great Magical Pool after being borrowedfor a time.

Interaction with Human sized beings:
Carbuncles don't tend to socialize with humans much either. There are a few such as Rimo the Wonderer who was said to have traveled with humans and given them aid in their quests, his forehead jewel having a force so powerful it could defuse even a giant magic and is still traveling somewhere in Southern Wilds. Though most consider this human propeganda designed to lure them away from their safe hollows. Humans may find a younger Carbuncle is easier to befreind as their curosity hasn't yet been wittled away by the advanced years of increasing paranoia that comes with geting to be Carbuncle Elder. Though one must be careful. Most Carbuncle clans have learned that humans, while appearing trustworthy on the outside, are often less than reliable inside and often a way they test a person is to ask what they want. If they say "Nothing but you pleasurable company." the 'Buncle will bolt so fast it'll make you head spin as they beleive everyone must want something and those who say they don't are more un trusworthy than those who would openly say they intended to eat them. Though this isn't to say you can make freinds with Carbuncle by telling them you want to swallow them whole. They aren't stupid after all. More or less be truthfull and think carefully on your words. Carbuncles appreciate those who take time to speak. It should also be noted that due to their belief of "The Great Magical Pool" they are more likely to find common speaking grounds with races who value life such as Elves, Nature Elementals and such.

Interaction with Giants:
Carbuncles mostly watch the great "Gargantuans", as they refer to them, from afar fearing that Giant will step on not only them but their neighbors, their freinds and even their livestock.

Rare Treat:
As you may have guessed capturing a Carbuncle is no easy task and thus most predators love to hunt them for the pure challenge of it. It doesn't help that some accounts of predators eating them saying that the taste is creamy and makes one feel light headed for a moment. Because of this odd high it doubles the pleasure of eating them alive and whole.

Alchemic Properties:

So it had been said. The forehead jewel is prized in making artifacts that harness Light Magic and is sold for extravagant amounts, but the tail, or Buncle Down, is far more valuable. The soft feather caress of it is used to line noble women's gloves ,and some accounts say their panties and bras as well, but has less magical properties than the fore head jewel. When put in a serum and boiled with Moon Bloom it is said one can harness the power to pierce the vale of life and death and see one's loved ones as if they were there. The Buncle Down is also used in curse removal by burning a bundle over the afflicted person. Others uses are just being discovered but most Carbuncles tend to be caught but less than honorable poachers who are more likely to sell them to the Black Markert or Private dealers.

Argian Lifestyle:
Carbuncles having love of living things makes them excelent at farming. Unlike most Tinies they do eat meat and prefer Jula Grubs, a species they have long tended to, which they raise in their hollows, usually sharing the same space and harvesting a few of the grubs at a time for a meal. They also seem to enjoy growing Fungi and some keep little gardens of small mushrooms and other fungi for snacks, again mostly in their hollow of the tree they live in.

City Dwelling Carbuncles:
Sometimes refered to as "City Buncles" by their own kind these are Carbuncles who have decided to live in Pelnipi. They tend to be more knolegable on on modern cuture and science than their forest dwelling cousins and much easier to apprach however they are also less moral. A great deal of their majority has abandoned the beleif of "The Magical Pool" and instead of returing their energy to nature they make graves for themselves. They also deal in prostitution ring known as "Tease" which involves a naked Carbuncle draging her tail over certain sensitive regions of a customer's body and allowing them to taste her for extended periods of time and experiance a milder version of the high that eating one whole would do. They owners of these brothels tend to be female Carbuncles who accept shiny metals or favors for time spent with their girls and boys. It should be noted that brothels such as this are rare and exclusive clubs mostly found in the lower tier. However there is a rumor of human run one somewhere un the upper tier for the elite. As they trade with humans City Buncles are more open and freindly than their forest dwelling cousins but mostly they only want to talk buisness.

Famous Heroe or Lore:
Stories told by Carbuncles to their children to teach them leasons. Most end in tragedy as Buncles tend to have dim outlook on their existance.

Rilan the Wise: A tragedy telling the life story of Rilan, a Carbuncle who was very clever, but arogant and was eaten by Sphinx after agreeing to unwinnable contest of wit. It is used to teach young Carbuncles about being humble and polite and isn't tought as much with "City Buncles".

Rimo the Wonderer: The story of Carbuncle who befreinded a human and had many adventures with him including helping the human to fight a fearsome fairy, escape from a dreadful dungeon and finaly to find the palace of the Sky People. Most consider this a story made up by humans to lure younger Carbuncles to trust humans though it is quite a popular tale.

Varma the Life Weaver: A story about a young Carbuncle girl who saved a dying groove and many hallows by learning how to chanel the Pool. Though in the last part of the story she had to give back her own life to the Pool.

Zema Swishtail: A story of a tehiving city Buncle who stole the Maiden of Curses Royal Septor and used it to become the fist Gargantuan Buncle and then last as Lesona get revenge by cursing him to become ravanous with a taste for other tinies. She finaly took her own life rather than comsume the woman he loved.

Medah and Calo:
A story of love between a Carbuncle and Human woman that details in order how they meet, fall in love and then how his human lover accidently kills him during their first night as mates. It's told by forest dwelling elderCarbuncles to warn of the dangers with geting involved with human.

---

Carbuncle Specefic goods:

Buncle Down Clothes:
Most wild Carbuncles who live in the forest of Felarya use their own tail down to make clothes by weaving it together. The finished product resembles a sort of wooly tunic or loin cloth usually dyed with berries or colored with fungus to idetify clan. Some Tinies trade for Buncle Down made garments because they are lighter and softer than traditional fabric.

Jula Grubs:
Size: Half an inch long.
Threat: None

Jula Grubs are raised by Carbuncles as a food source and have high protein value. Most humans find them to taste biter and crunchy, but to a Carbuncle there's nothing more savory. The grubs are orange borwn with blue markings and weed mostly on on the tree hallow the Carbuncle takes residence in. They use this natural process to add space to their dens for storing personal items or their young. The grubs reproduce quyite quickly and thus make an excelent source of meat and protein for smaller creatures. City dwelling Carbuncles have tried to start Jula Grub farms in Pelnipi but have have had some dificulty as the grubs don't survive long without living wood to comsume and often tend to over populate an area and eat through several homes before having to be killed or rounded up.

Bunclite Gem:
The alchemic title given to the forehead gems in Carbuncles's heads. The stone has many properties in magical artifact creation. Firstly when detached from a Carbuncle the stone loses non of it's flashy magical blocking spell. Most sorcerors use it in wand or stud a rod with a large collection of the gems to harness it's power. There was said to be a magical bra made of Bunclite and Ascarlin. It was said the wearer of this object could entice anyone she wanted with a fasination even Vivian would be envious of. The problem is the gem is not overly strong as a material and cracks under too much pressure. It can also accidently go off when sitting it in certain condutive materials like Felaryan Silver, Tessium, Xythium and so forth.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 am

Okay firstly this is a idea for a Felaryan ground transport and it's likely not done. I WANT criticism. I'm looking to improve it as much as a possible. I mean I'm already shaking on the measurements and weight, but keep in mind that the APC in this is sorta a carry over from it's previous job duty. Also the price may need re-working... It can still be used that way, but mostly is a sort of mobile home/supply carrier.

Anti Predator APC (Armored Personnel Carrier)
Stats:
Height 20 feet.
Length: 45 feet.
Weight: 40 Tons.
Price: (New) 150,000 SK (Used) 75,000 SK
Crew Compliment: (Stock Layout) 1 Pilot 1 Gunner and up to five-fifteen other crew members without modification.
Weapons: 1 Top mounted turret, one forward mounted swiveling 0.50 Calibur gun and 2 missile pods mounted on the left and right side of the top section. In addition most Felaryan models also have a large rotor blade than can deploy from the lower foreward section to deal with overgrowth and even predator's fingers.
Extra Features: (Stock Layout) Four large denticles-like treads

The AP-APC is a medium sized military troop, and supply, transport that on the world of Geordan. Once a symbol of military might they soon saw them as a over sized waste of money and soon the vehcile became a relic when they entered their space age. They tried unsuccessfully to unload the over sized relics off on their neighbors, but weren't very successful till one of their own stumbled on the world of Felarya and met a young tradeswoman named Pamela Debouis, who's gun running crew had been relying on much less safe Hoversleds. He told her about the the vehicle and she fell in love with the stats and agree'd to purchase a whole fleet of them for her crew. Since then her group has had very little trouble with predators and this has encouraged other groups to look into the transports.

The Typical AP-APC has four treads, with heavy plate over the top to prevent jamming by enemy forces, which are covered in dectile-like shark scales( confused? See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermal_denticle#Placoid_scales) capable of grinding away most heavy vegetation. The vechile is made of large metallic plates. Geordan models without any customization have Threngum Plates. A very durable metal that absorbs most non magical energies, however some Felaryan models have the typical casing replaced for larger, or more stream lined models with magically resistant panels. After all being in giant tin can, even a heavily armed one, doesn't do you much good if one blast from a Fairy can turn you into a Matchbox Car, right? Other features include a pair of Heads, bathrooms, crew bunks in the Cargo Hold and even shower. One can practically live in an AT-APC and many do. The vehicle also comes standard with a GPS, with built in Long Range Scanner, and over large Subspace Antenna. Most replace the GPS with a magical guidance system or just get a map, but strangely the Geordan Sub Space Antenna works quite well for vechile-to-vechile messages and even interfaces with some offworlder means of communication such as the Deluran Comlink. Usualy this is not appreciated by the Deluran who is trying to radio her squad for back up and instead hears a "breaker, breaker, what's your Ten Four, Over?".

As mentioned one can live in an AP-APC for quite some time. The vehicle is Hematicaly Sealed and has it's own internal Oxygen Carbon Recyclers that convert noxious gasses inside it's hull to breathable oxygen. Inf act the vehicle is said to be Amphibious, but most retailer will warn you that this is mostly rumor and even Felarya's shallow river crossings are deeper than most Geordan ones and even if you can surive on the bottom of a river would you really want to test how long it takes a River Mermaid to open the "tuna can"? The AP-APC's hull is nearly rust proof, but not totally impervious to corrosive acids or lava and thus it is not recommended you take one to the laval feilds at Mount Pyrale ...or down the gullet of Crisis. One of the less noteworthy features is the four fog lamps that come with standard models, able to pierce the darkest nights easily, but oddly most Felaryan's swap them for something a little dimmer and less attention attracting. They also tend to have them re-painted in forest greens, dark browns or some other camouflage shade as the Geordan's military colors are in brighter more happy colors like sky blue or gold and red.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:38 pm

The AP-APC. Hmm... What to say, other than it being an impressive piece of military technology. Definitely one of the best solutions of travel I've seen so far. The price sounds a bit low, but then again, we don't know the exchange rate from the US Dollar to Skevols, so more power to you. I wish I had more to say about its details and such, but nothing is coming to mind, honestly. So, I'll just say I like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cthompson17
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:03 am

CThompson17 wrote:
The AP-APC.  Hmm...  What to say, other than it being an impressive piece of military technology.  Definitely one of the best solutions of travel I've seen so far.  The price sounds a bit low, but then again, we don't know the exchange rate from the US Dollar to Skevols, so more power to you.  I wish I had more to say about its details and such, but nothing is coming to mind, honestly.  So, I'll just say I like it.
XD Well thanks for that! The price is too low?? I thought it was too high! :O Hmm maybe I hit it right on the head? Have to wait for more reviews to know, but glad you like it! Just let me know if the BAK or anybody wants some. ^_- I'll give them the name of good Geordan Dealer in Negav.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:25 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Just let me know if the BAK or anybody wants some. ^_- I'll give them the name of good Geordan Dealer in Negav.
Alright, mate. Will do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cthompson17
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Well, since you're asking so nicely...

jedi-explorer wrote:
Stats:
Height 20 feet.
Length: 45 feet.
Weight: 40 Tons.
M113 armored personnel carrier:
Height 8 feet 2 in.
Length 15 feet 11.2 in.
Weight 11.2 tons.
You're not getting away with this weighing less than 100 tons (assuming it's mostly hollow space so the weight increases relative to the surface rather than the volume): even the M113 was armored with 12-38 mm aluminium.

jedi-explorer wrote:
Price: (New) 150,000 SK (Used) 75,000 SK
If they're carryovers from their previous duty, avoid selling new ones. This goes twice for military material.

jedi-explorer wrote:
Crew Compliment: (Stock Layout) 1 Pilot 1 Gunner and up to five-fifteen other crew members without modification.
Weapons: 1 Top mounted turret, one forward mounted swiveling 0.50 Calibur gun and 2 missile pods mounted on the left and right side of the top section. In addition most Felaryan models also have a large rotor blade than can deploy from the lower foreward section to deal with overgrowth and even predator's fingers.
Extra Features: (Stock Layout) Four large denticles-like treads[/b]
Needs more room for people. At a third of its size, a ninth of its volume, it can already carry 11 people. You'd be looking at 90 people at least... or at downsizing this monster a bit.

jedi-explorer wrote:
The Typical AP-APC has four treads, with heavy plate over the top to prevent jamming by enemy forces, which are covered in dectile-like shark scales( confused? See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermal_denticle#Placoid_scales) capable of grinding away most heavy vegetation. The vechile is made of large metallic plates. Geordan models without any customization have Threngum Plates. A very durable metal that absorbs most non magical energies, however some Felaryan models have the typical casing replaced for larger, or more stream lined models with magically resistant panels.
Alright, seems well-armored to me. It'd be faster to just say it's well armored, though. As for placoid scales... if they'll afford greater traction, that's great. However, chewing away at the roughness of your terrain doesn't sound like a smart thing to do. It's what gives you traction.

jedi-explorer wrote:
After all being in giant tin can, even a heavily armed one, doesn't do you much good if one blast from a Fairy can turn you into a Matchbox Car, right?
For what it's worth, most fairies can't shrink objects longer than 12 feet in their longest dimension.

jedi-explorer wrote:
Other features include a pair of Heads, bathrooms, crew bunks in the Cargo Hold and even shower. One can practically live in an AT-APC and many do. The vehicle also comes standard with a GPS, with built in Long Range Scanner, and over large Subspace Antenna. Most replace the GPS with a magical guidance system or just get a map, but strangely the Geordan Sub Space Antenna works quite well for vechile-to-vechile messages and even interfaces with some offworlder means of communication such as the Deluran Comlink. Usualy this is not appreciated by the Deluran who is trying to radio her squad for back up and instead hears a "breaker, breaker, what's your Ten Four, Over?".
If you're looking at it as a motorhome, you might want to take a look at some motorhome stats while designing it. On a sidenote, compromising between a recreational vehicle and an APC isn't a good idea for a machine meant to be a base of operations. Try instead compromising between an RV and a mobile comm, a tech tank like the ones that house drone operators: this goes double if the monsters that the Geordans still use are painted in bright colors. Brightly colored anything doesn't go in battlefields.

Here's to hoping it'll help you.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Stabs wrote:
M113 armored personnel carrier:
Height 8 feet 2 in.
Length 15 feet 11.2 in.
Weight 11.2 tons.
You're not getting away with this weighing less than 100 tons (assuming it's mostly hollow space so the weight increases relative to the surface rather than the volume): even the M113 was armored with 12-38 mm aluminium.
Okay. So it'd really be that much smaller? Huh. I thought it'd be closer to the twenty footer range, but to be fair I'm not super good at measurements and dimensions. ^^; 100 tons eh? I suppose that does make sense.

Stabs wrote:
If they're carryovers from their previous duty, avoid selling new ones. This goes twice for military material.
Oooh I see now. >_- Why didn't I see that before? They'd always be sold used likely on the Black Market, right? Thanks man! I'll fix that price to just indicate the "used" price as the "new" one since there'd be very little room for it to drop between sales other than good old fashioned price negotiation.

Stabs wrote:
Needs more room for people. At a third of its size, a ninth of its volume, it can already carry 11 people. You'd be looking at 90 people at least... or at downsizing this monster a bit.
Hmm I wouldn't mind downsizing it too much. In fact I may have to create sperate models with diferent sizes, but I would like the base model to be taller than a human by a lot so when you look up at it you know you're looking at something huge, armored and awesome.

Stabs wrote:
For what it's worth, most fairies can't shrink objects longer than 12 feet in their longest dimension.
I did not know that. o.O Where is that writen? In the new article on Fairy Magic in the wiki I'd guess right?

As for the other data where would I go to find stats on an RV? Is it as a simple as Wikipedia or what?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:34 am

I like the carbuncle idea and how you developed it ^^
The name is familiar though is it an existing creature in folklore ?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Karbo wrote:
I like the carbuncle idea and how you developed it ^^
The name is familiar though is it an existing creature in folklore ?
Indeed! That's also where final fantasy got the idea. It's alos a diasiase and several other things if you believe wikipedia XD But mine were derived from the myth/ the fact Carbunclef from FF8 represents the first creature I said I wasn't afraid to say was cute even though I was a male teenager. And it still is to this day! XD Though Chocobos are cuter.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Okay  so this little idea I had while looking at the wiki and noticing we have a have allot of recreational sports and games but none that seem to to really sharpen one's skills for evading predators. So I made this one:

Felarya Sport Idea: Zagging. (Edited.)

- An explanation -
Zagging is a game that combines all the skills of Marathon Running, Par Kour, and Capture the flag in a very fast paced and adrenaline packed sport that doubles as training to survive predators in the wild.

- Rules -
Zagging's rules are the same as a typical marathon race. The one who makes it to the end of the finish line is the winner. The one additional rule is all players must wear colored sashes. Now at any time a player may attempt to steal this sash from their opponent, representing the risk of beign caught by a Predator and devoured. If they suceed the player must drop out of the race because only a player with their sash still on can claim victory. A sash can't be claimed by technological means nor magical ones. It must be by a player's own hands, feet, tail or ectra except in a League Game.

- The Course -
The track on which this race is run is a complicated maze of obstacles. Not all of which are as simple as walking the right path to avoid spinning bars or leaping over water traps. In fact some can be very diabolical in nature. A popular one in the Jaslow Arena is to use a invisible pit fall filled with a man eating beastie that the Beast Master will likely order to spit up up said player after the games if they audience liked the eaten player's performance, or a zone of high gravity near a less than obvious path so that the player blunders into it and is slowed or pulled into a trap. Others are merely stairs, high bars or that sor of thing that requires a little more than running to get through.

- League Games -
In recent years Negav has formed a National Zagging League comprised of professional players who have won a few Regional Cups or whom impressed the team enough to sign on fresh from the street. In these games focus on the individual is less important than the team as every player who crosses the finish line once earns two points for his or her team. In these games there's no time limit and the game isn't finished till all the enemy players are eliminated. In these more professional games players are aslo required to wear armored gear, sashes with team colors and a robe with the team's mascot and colors on it. League Games are only held once a year in Negav and the prize is a very vauble League Cup made from rare metals as well as generous bonus payout of 500,000 Skevols.

-Recreational Versions of the Game-
In recent years Negavians have complained that the game was only held in the Jaslow Arena and finally after many a petitiion to the Negav City Council the decision was made to create several parks inside and out of Negav where local games could be held. In addition some merchants were allowed to sell non Arena Issue gear and books on how to make one's own courses.

-Gear Required-
As stated you must wear a colored sash, but nothing else is really required unless you want to go pro. If you get signed on a Professional Zagging Team you will be given a special robe with the team's colors and mascot on it along with knee and arms guards as well as a groin guard for those REALLY diabolical traps. You will also be allowed to use your spells or small tools during a League Games, but not your weapons.

-Arenas Outside of Negav-
To the League's knowledge there is only one other Official Arena, a floating barge with it's own personal sea krait bodyguard, who also serves as a opbstacle by popping up every now and then to shoot sprays of water at the opposing team and trying to grab them and take their sashes. This particular arean is owned by a very wealthy, retired Elvish Captain who spends her time making the voyage from Izatem to Chiotia hosting League games in return for paying the the Negavian League a large compensation sum. Less legal arenas are rumored to exist in other parts of the world. However it is not advised you seek them out unless you wish to have an early retirement. The people who run these establishments are mostly of a criminal nature and tend to use lethal trap, live non-freindly fauna or flora in their Arena's design or arm the crowd with weapons so if they don't like a player they can just shoot them as they pass by.

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Zagging, ehhhh...

I like the idea of a sport. However, if this sport is gonna be educative, you gotta keep the production costs low. Otherwise, it becomes more of a spectator sport, one of those things that are good only because of the amount of people who can watch. I mean, you have already mentioned a sea krait naga, an area of high gravity, trained beasts that won't kill you... all that stuff costs time, money, effort... it sounds more like a production set for the next LotR movie or like that crazy contest program on TV which involves a course designed for the audience's maximum sadistic enjoyment. Splashdown or something.

So, I'd say, either lower the production values, or lower the expectations and go from something that will prepare you for predators to something that will make people pay for watching you. Could be both (it was a sport, then it sold out! Razz ) but we'd need to know how the sport was supposed to work before it sold out.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Okay made a less expensive version and some parks. And that show you thinking of? Whipeout XD I hate that my atenna can't pick it up anymore. It was one of the bigger inspirations behind Zagging. But anyway tell me if that satisfies the need to be a cheaper easy access sport.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:56 am

Zagging.. I like that idea XD
The name sounds nice and the sport itself make sense in a world like Felarya. What would be interesting is to try and find obstacles that refer to a type of real danger you could encounter in the jungle I think Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi's Critters and Creations
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next