Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jedi's Critters and Creations

Go down 
+6
Nyaha
CThompson17
Karbo
Stabs
parameciumkid
jedi-explorer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Name: Jasootun
Size: Varies
Threat: High

Most Negavian Scientists and Zoologists have a disagreement over just what the Jasootun is. The name originates from the old Sagolian and means "Stone Skin" after a legendary figure from their Mythology. The actual creature in question is less a myth than a mimic what preys on Felarya's strange abundance of spooky animalistic statues. Strange sounding yes but if you've ever been into the interior of one of Felarya's many temples, and lived, one will notice statues of giant animals devouring helpless and hapless treasure hunters which is usually when these sneaky devils strike. See they let you get in and distract yourself by looking at these horrible effigies of vore-ish peril then while your head is turned? They spring into action! Snap and you're swallowed into what is, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, not a stone belly that will proceed to digest you which will last for potentially days as the creatures have one of the slowest metabolisms in all of Felarya due to their near-hibernative state of living vs their few moments of quick movement to snare prey.It is thought they must have a type of predator sense or heat seeking gland of another since they have been observed not moving for months to years unless prey came near. The creature's skin appears to be similar to stone in texture, and even it's eyes are as rock hard as any other statue but somehow is able to move. Some have theorized they must be similar in ancestry to Stone Sphinxes who are able to use magic to change their bodies from cold unfeeling stone to flesh and back again but verifying this theory has cost a heavy amount of researchers. The truly scary thing about the Jasootun is they appear in many sizes,ranging from a small canine to some reported to be as tall as a small mountain. The latter have been rumored to eat only prey of similar size and human settlements are rumored to have been built in the shadow of these massive stone creatures for protection, but this like many things about the Jasootun is unverified as of yet.

---

Just a little something I did recently after seeing this pic: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Old-waterfalls-temple-562466298 I just saw the statues and while thinking about what deadly new non-sentient creature Felarya needed. *Shrugs*
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 10:21 pm

I am outraged. I was putting together an RP using Othmites and decided to look at some old articles on this forum only to discover? There's none! Not even a character sheet or loose idea for how their religion works! Soooo I figured I'd write about something I thought about as I looked at Karbo's pic depicting some of their gear:

Name: Sorcher
Rarity: Common (among Oth "Radiant" shock troops)
Average Price: Unyielding Devotion to Oth (Not for Sale in Negav)

The Sorcher at first appears to be a common firarm that's been bedazzled with Othemite gilt work and branded with the Othemite emblem of a eight pointed black star. But one may notice upon closer inspection they are not uniform in any other way. Some are riffle sized, others pistol and few select are blunder buss-like and nearly as large as the Radiant holding them, and they ain't all that small usually! If one were to have the guts to sneak in and swipe one of them one would find that under all that armor is usually a plain old fire arm. Sometimes something as Arcane as a Spell Sling and sometimes something as advanced as V0M Hot Riffle. Curiously though no matter the re-configured form the fire power is more than doubled when in the hands of a devoted Othemite and some have told tales of witnessing it turn even the might Tardek Steel into pools of slag. Even ones that use slugs are said to propel them faster and to fire them out at such tempreratures thay burn through even Kevlar-like materials.

How to use:
Chant the hymns of Oth and pull the trigger. The unholy will be quite literally blow away.

(Mnnn tired now. I'll add the other tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 8:04 pm

We're gonna try an experiment you and me, kay? See I made two ideas this month, put them in their proper threads per race instead of posting them here.<.< But I gots no comments.This will not be tolerated!

Ixiods
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t4057-ixiod-species-bio

Otter Inus

https://felarya.forumotion.com/t4074-otter-inu-aka-osanalgi
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Okay so I've been a little busy/down so I haven't been adding to this space. <.< That stops now!! I will keep adding ideas. Even half baked ones! Why? Cause I love Felarya and who knows something I make may help improve it. So let's start with one I've been promoting an defining in Clare's Quest and a few RPs: Geo Artifacts.

Geo Artifacts
Now class you may know an artifact as an object in magical or mysterious in nature and typically ranges from palm size to about as tall as human or a little above in rarer cases. The largest artifacts however can be as large as a building or even bigger! Though they are quite rare. The only two examples known to exist in Negav are the Ascarlin Chamber and the Isolon Eye though both are classified as beyond top secret even to some members of the Fist and Investigators with only the Council of Magiocrats and Lesona herself have access too.

Despite being recognized by the majority of Negavians some still debate if Geo Artifacts really deserve a separate title despite their size, especially with them being so very rare to begin with. Geo Artifacts are so rare that the number of text books and scrolls that exist in publication on them are countable on one hand. Lord Roberus Autero Senior was said to have a fascination with them, categorizing several in Ur-Sagol first han and claimed to have found a set of five additional Geo Artifacts that predated the Sagolian Era! Alas he was brutally murdered by a Gorgon and any proof of these new pieces has long since been lost to time. Still this is not to say there are no others besides the handful known. A researcher who sailed the Shimmering Sea reported seeing a conch shell that appeared to resting on the water and he claimed he saw and heard a Leviathan Mermaid play a tune from it that caused the nearby ice shelves to form into beautiful geometric shapes and artistic designs. In Far Lands it's said there's string of Crystal Spires that if one passes through cause them to de-age slowly. But as much as you would think these two Geo Artifacts would benefit the community in fact they have given birth to a argument by Giant Predators that technically anything made by a predator should be re-classified as it's own artifact. As you might have guessed the majority of these debates are held by fairies and demons who tend to have pretty good and valid arguments...right up till a debate gets too heated and they consume their human sized colleges to 'silence' any rebuttal. Not that the words of predator carry much weight in Negav's halls, even the 'friendly' ones. Though it has lead some to classify Predator Geo Artifacts as simply 'Big' Artifacts stating that since The Eye is the first Geo Artifact in recorded history that only something as big as building can in fact be a Geo Artifact. Many students at the Isolon Academy just wish their superiors would make up their minds though as the shifting answers on the test sheets have in fact caused some to lose their perfect grades.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Name: Akinaanor (Ah-key-non-noir)

Size: Nine Feet Tall and half as long.

Threat: Critical

A strange urban rumor told by Telk Pirates and other dimensional travelers. It reputed to suddenly appear in dimensional corridors leading between worlds by simply springing into being on board a vessel in mid junction to Lydus and attacking. It's form is said to be a being of pure, white hot light that is damaging to must retinas making it hard to fight but even if one were to hit it they would find the weapon disintegrating into puddle of goo, not because of how hot it burns but in fact because this creature seems to suck out the radiation of it's victims. You might think this should have a beneficial effect but understand you need radiation to survive and if it were sucked out of you why you'd expire quite quickly. If you are grasped by one of the many flailing flogger-like tendrils it posses on it's four arms or by the flange-like tail? It's curtains. It seems to only have one weakness and that's against magical attacks of neutral power. Enough salvos of magic missiles or focused bursts will drive it back and cause it to phase back to wherever it came from. As such many Telks and other dimension hoppers hire rogue or hedge mages for protection on long voyages through Lydus.

Thankfully the Akinaanor is rather rare outside of the Lydus and other dimensional rifts, however there is one place in central Felarya where they do hunt. Miragia Forest's dimensional instability causes the creature to sometimes mistake it for it's own environment and sometimes wonders into the forest. Now as deadly as they are in their natural enivronment they become another step up the danger chain when phasing to Felarya because for some reason once in this world they get 'stuck'. Their phasing seems to mysteriously flare out and vanish. No one can tell whether or not it's a product of the environment or simply that the creature's brain becomes scrambled when leaving Lydus but the point is that when the creature is in Felarya it becomes desperate and ravenous possibly worrying it cannot simply phase back to where it came from or worrying that it could become prey for one of the many magically trigger happy predator, though as to what could stomach something made of pure radiation is a mystery,  and will attack anything even remotely giving off a few rads.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Zorphalop

size: 1 foot long (In Felarya) Infinite (Dreamscape)

Threat: Moderate
A weird little burrowing creature that seems to spend the majority of it's time under ground digging subterranean tunnels but once in a literal blue moon it surfaces from underground to mate with a female. This wouldn't be problem except it has one of the strangest mating cycles of any Felaryan creature. Upon surfacing it imdeietely begins to exude a thick blue vapor from every pore in it's body. These vapors once inhaled, even by the creature, cause the soul to enter The Dreamscape instantly. While here the creature is able to locate it's mate with ease and apparently impregnate it. Any predator that tries to prey on the Zorphalop while it's in this state will undoubtedly inhale the vapors and find itself in quite a terrifying situation being suddenly thrust into the dreamscape with no prior preparation. Though an entrepreneur might be smart and don a gas mask and find that bottling the vapors and selling them as sleep aids will line their pockets with Skevols and Fadong Gems for a long time. There's also a specialty sleep grenade said to be made in Negav from Zorp Fumes.

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Just gonna list some Predator based games that quite as deadly as Hell Chess or Frost Gate.

Durga-Tor

A variation on a Stone Game but unlike chess it is totally about brute force as well as tactics. Basically a 'field' is set up of ten by ten squares between two players each with eight stones, four small stones, two pointy and two very large and thick ones traditionally but any manner of size or shape can be used in freestyle game, though in anyversion of the game the stones are painted or dyed.The players then take turns hurling their own stones at one another's pieces trying to break them. the player who breaks his opponent's stone is given a point in their favor. Whoever destroys all the other player's pieces is the winner. It may seem simple but there are a myriad set of rules depending on which version of the game you are playing. For example the Jotun rules are quite simple. Magic may be used but not to destroy a stone, only to aid it's destruction. The Dridder Empire's version required the use of miniature catapults which couldn't be targeted and added in a rule for webbing your opponent's eyes, whereas the Demonic version  of the game is said to have so many loopholes and sub rules that even picking up a stone to throw must be considered before letting it go otherwise imdeite forfeiture is given. The game is played for both simple recreation and sometimes between two predators as a way of solving a an argument,such who gets the last elf in the bag or sometimes prey is allowed to challenge a giant to a game in exchange for their freedom. Alas usually most predators only accept only because most humans can't throw a boulder half their size. It is said though in Jotun Legend that a elf challenged a Jotun Warrioress and not only won her freedom but her whole tribe's as well.

Exes Eat Ohs

A game made up by Clare Gouldscal the Offworlder Terrestrial Naga that bears a great ressemblance to Tic Tac Toe with a major exception being that the grid is often done on a scale of hundreds and hundreds of small squares. That and the requirement that when one captures a row of four they must make 'nomicatinng' noises. She has taught the game to her friends both giant sized and human. Though she has noted her human sized friend's take three times as long to finish a game then her giant sized friends.

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 9:51 am

Hehe new games are always sweet Razz

The Durga-Tor one sounds interesting ^^  Although are the stones you have to throw at your opponent's pieces and your pieces actually the same ? Wouldn't that make the game a the "more you're winning, the more you are going to win" thing ?

Also I like the idea of a creature using the dreamscape as a mean of defense. It's really unique Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 3:50 pm

Karbo wrote:

The Durga-Tor one sounds interesting ^^  Although are the stones you have to throw at your opponent's pieces and your pieces actually the same ? Wouldn't that make the game a the "more you're winning, the more you are going to win" thing ?

Well depends on the variation of the game but essentially you should have an even number of stones of the four types: 4 Small, 2 Pointed and 2 Large. Though in freestyle game one is allowed to alter the size. Unless...are you asking if you can throw your openent's stones? No XD I suppose I should amend that with some kind of colored dye system for the typical version for each player huh? I'll do that in just a second...

Karbo wrote:
Also I like the idea of a creature using the dreamscape as a mean of defense. It's really unique  

Thanks! I was going for both the aim of adding some more Underground Fauna, as we have so few still, and with the idea of using the Dreamscape as a defensive tool that can inadvertently get an adventurer in trouble.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 8:49 am

Okay here's the edited Durga-Tor, Karbo. I added in points on both colored pieces and was more specific about who threw what pieces XD Sorry about that. Silly mistake on my part but to be fair I haven't written an article about a game since Zagging. Remimds me that I need to check my header and see if my old links are working and add some more to it.

Durga-Tor

(V 1.5)
A variation on a Stone Game but unlike chess it is totally about brute force as well as tactics. Basically a 'field' is set up of ten by ten squares between two players each with eight stones, four small stones, two pointy and two very large and thick ones traditionally but any manner of size or shape can be used in freestyle game, though in anyversion of the game the stones are painted or dyed.The players then take turns hurling their own stones at one another's pieces trying to break them. the player who breaks his opponent's stone is given a point in their favor. Whoever destroys all the other player's pieces is the winner. It may seem simple but there are a myriad set of rules depending on which version of the game you are playing. For example the Jotun rules are quite simple. Magic may be used but not to destroy a stone, only to aid it's destruction. The Dridder Empire's version required the use of miniature catapults which couldn't be targeted and added in a rule for webbing your opponent's eyes, whereas the Demonic version  of the game is said to have so many loopholes and sub rules that even picking up a stone to throw must be considered before letting it go otherwise imdeite forfeiture is given. The game is played for both simple recreation and sometimes between two predators as a way of solving a an argument,such who gets the last elf in the bag or sometimes prey is allowed to challenge a giant to a game in exchange for their freedom. Alas usually most predators only accept only because most humans can't throw a boulder half their size. It is said though in Jotun Legend that a elf challenged a Jotun Warrioress and not only won her freedom but her whole tribe's as well.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Jincan   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 7:41 pm

Alright now that I got Durga-Tor out of the way onward with more monsters!! >8D This time let's got with one of my favorite little used magical elements?: poison.

Name: Jincan
Size: Varies
Threat: Critical

Jincan are small, but deadly predators sometimes referred to unofficially as "Poison Elementals" and or "Toxic Elementals". It is said a Jincan is made when venomous creature consumes another then another till the toxins congeal and gain sentience. It is said it is a practice dating back to Dark Magic's beginning. A sorcerer would try to make a Jincan in order to utilize them as the ultimate body guard and assassin. However what looks good in a grimoire does not necessary a good loyal servant make. Often creating a Jincan does indeed make a vicious and seemingly loyal creature but some demi-human Alchemists fail to realize that being made of Poisonous material means the creature will seek ever more toxic beings to consume over it's directed target often leading to the master becoming a part of the creature. Given that their body is poisonous one should not strike at a Jincan with their bare skin exposed as even a drop contains so much poison that the most powerful and skilled healer in Negav wouldn't be able to save you. Thankfully they are rarely occurring in nature and cannot easily repair their bodies as very few natural sources of toxic materials exist just laying around in Felarya. The shapes Jincan can take are usually more or less similar to humanoid forms or mixtures of various venomous species. Bellow is a list of a few:

Gyu

While their name may be comical to say the threat they pose is rather terrifying. Gyu are liquid bodied creatures with the lower half of centipede and the head of a serpent, usually an Adder or Viper. They are incredibly fast scurrying along in sinuous patterns that evade arrows, bullets and even magical projectiles and can even return the favor in the form of spitting a small stream of poison which has a chance of becoming another Gyu! If one doesn't neutralize this little terror quickly or escape they can quickly be over run and like all Jincan their bodies are toxic to the touch.

Pinyun

Another sweet sounding creature that is not so much. Pinyun tend to have eight foot wide bodies of scorpions with the stinger being replaced with flail of Jellyfish-like tendrils which they use to grab and drag their victims to their huge over sized mouth and swallow their prey into their noxious main body which can expand to a limited degree. The sheer concentrations of toxins almost instantly dissolve the body into little more than bones who themselves stay toxic for several weeks before crumpling into oblivion. Some retrieve these bones to aid them in dark rituals.

Furio

A Furio is the one type of Jincan who doesn't take any sort of solid form. A Furio often forms from Sulfur and other Noxious gases that receive a jolt of powerful magic. The resulting toxic gas becomes a transparent Sting Ray-like form who's 'wings' are lined with finger-like traces of vapor. This species is actually less aggressive species. It often prefers to just cruise along sucking the oxygen from it's surroundings and turn it into a horribly toxic carbon monoxide based mist that suffocates all left behind in it's wake. If attacked one will find solid weaponry of no avail. Wind magic seems like it would be useful eh? Well guess again! See mostly magic users manipulate their environment and not many take the extra training to learn how to manipulate air when it has changed form such as becoming smog.

Last edited by jedi-explorer on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Alright so this ones going to be about Telks, the interdimensional pirates who caused Lord Gramon to join the Psi'ol magiocrats in the first place. Why about soemthing that should be a stub? *Plays Foxy's 'You are a Pirate'* Arr because I looooove pirates! Very Happy

So a quick foreword: You won't find anything by searching Telks in the wiki so I sugest you bone up on Lord Gramon and his homeworld  Mebron But if you want to know my head cannon....

Telks, Pirates of the Astral Sea:

Now for the ideas to help fill out their culture.

Telk Dimensional Lance AKA “TDL”

A Telk technology originally that uses a special type of magi-tech known to their people. The lance fires a blast of negatively charged particles in pattern that rends a hole in space time to Lydus. The portal is often green and red looking quite dangerous and unstable. It's not as safe to enter as a stable portal based on Sagolian or Negavian origins but requires no portal ring, arch or any other form of stable non-moving architecture making it the best for pirates, smugglers and other scoundrels of the universe. It should be noted the “TDL” is not the only example of this type of tech and several mass market models are sold in Negav….but most are knock offs or worse actually work but only take one to certain parts of Felarya, usually the dangerous places where local wildlife takes care of the whole 'money back guarantee' problem.

Telk Astral Galleon

Telks prefer functionality over style and it's emphasized with their early Galleons. More troop transport with living quarters tacked on than magnificent ship they are ugly, but very tough to take out. Telk ships are made from a metal, called Telkium, that seems to exude a hazy'static' where energy attacks seemingly lose intensity before hitting the hull. As such even thin plated ship is hard to take down for the less advanced worlds but more than match for the pitiful defenses of Mebron. Though this defense also means anything inside the field is reduced in power too hence why  Telks are said to be fond of Chakrams made from common metals or strange bi-lateral swords that they almost seem to dance with as well as knives.  dampening aura. When coming upon another dimension jumping ship it's said Telk ships often employ arms or harpoon guns to pierce the hull and reel the vessel in where it's energy shields are rendered worthless. A drilling bore juts out and allows the party to board.

Telk Slip Skiff

The skiff is usually a small ship with over sized engines built for speed and usually travels in a loose formation ahead of a raiding party looking for any patrol ships waiting in Lydus or to assess a realm's defenses and report back what they find and if the world is valuable to them. The vessel is usually a two man affair so there's not allot of room for weaponry or defenses. It's main defense is the single action disc launcher located in the forward section usually mounted on the bottom of the craft designed to cut into the hulls of large vessels and create leaks as a distraction so that the Skiff can speed away to the safety of the main raiding party.

Most Telk vessel's 'TDL' juts far ahead of the vessel outside the field making it an easy target on the craft. Because of the lack of lavatories on a it Telk skiff pilots have to hold in quite allot sometimes hours or days through a grueling inter dimensional battle. It's often said they are the truly bravest of warrior's if one volunteers for skiff pilotry.

Terratelka

Telks may be roaming thugs nowadays but it is rumored that they only became roving interdenominational pirates because their world was scoured by a violent storm that caused their world to actually get sucked into pocket dimension. The vessels that were left tried to ask for mercy from their neighbors but their pleas fell on deaf ears and so Captain Denegar Branston raised Mebron and took what his crew needed to survive breaking away from the main Telk Fleet and flying through the grayness of Lydus looking for more helpless worlds. As for their world it is said to still be locked away in pocket dimension. It's rumored if it ever returned perhaps Telks would return to their peaceful ways. Some think this is just a Telk lie though and in fact Terratelka was never sucked into pocket dimension but that their Government is corrupt and allows the Telks to roam free causing mayhem all so that they can 'confiscate' treasures pilfered from the Astral Sea.

Telkium

The heavy metal that comes from an unknown source. Veins of it on Felarya are usually so small one can't even make more than handful of rings from it but those rings could save your life as Telk metal projects a hazy sort of naturally emanating force field that reduces energy based stikes in severity and kiniotetic impact making it highly prized as armor. Telk Pirates actually line both their ships and their bodies with this material often wearing rings or bangles that allow them to take a laser blast with far less damage than a normal human. It is said the legendary Telk pirate Scara Maelstrom had two of his good arms chopped off and replaced with Telkuim. It's also said the energy resistance aura that permiates the Telk metal can disrupte vital energies including synaptic function leaving the famous pirate nothing but drooling moron.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Been a bit, huh.

About the Jincans. Was there any reason why you grouped them all as Critical in threat? And by the way, why is poison an element now? That doesn't seem like the best of ideas.

As for the Telks, I made a couple versions meself, but yours there seems to be worth a shot. While I'm generally not fond of magitech, the dumbing down effect of Telkium gives it an interesting flavor, and it's a lot shorter&sweeter than my own. However... telkium otherwise does the same thing as xy'thium.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Stabs wrote:
Been a bit, huh.

About the Jincans. Was there any reason why you grouped them all as Critical in threat? And by the way, why is poison an element now? That doesn't seem like the best of ideas.

As for the Telks, I made a couple versions meself, but yours there seems to be worth a shot. While I'm generally not fond of magitech, the dumbing down effect of Telkium gives it an interesting flavor, and it's a lot shorter&sweeter than my own. However... telkium otherwise does the same thing as xy'thium.

XD Yeah I decided to come back in a big way and to keep these ideas from just rotting away in my laptop's sub folder or worse in my brain slowly dissolving. O_O;

Aye I know Poison isn't usually an element outside of Pokemon and some FF series but I rather think of it as element the same as in some mythos, Japanese and Chinese I think, Steel and Wood are both elements. As for why they are critical partially cause there's not allot of critical threats in the wiki I've noticed but also the fact that almost all of them are dangerous to all size classes. touching a Jincan in most cases can be fatal, breathing around some can kill you and with some are they are self replicating. I figured that earned them a fearsome rep. Think I was wrong?

Really? I've never seen any previous data, though I'll admit I hadn't looked the hardest figuring when Karbo made them he intended them to a minor plot device for Gramon, and Mebronians in general, and mostly were used as flavor text in general. I saw them though and just couldn't resist trying my hand at expanding them. Seems like there's plenty of potential there. x3 I adore pirates though in general. I wouldn't mind seeing yoru data though and seeing if there was some meshing points!

Yeah I forgot about that with Xythium! o.O Hmm well it is rarer than Xythium though. Maybe I should add something else to make it slightly unique but not over powered like it's useful for shielding against Lydus' background radiation or put a weakness in that states while it does make a field the feild fluctuates maybe?

Either way thanks for the comment, Stabs. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 7:50 am

Well, thank you. Here's the current draft for my version of the Telks. Let's see if this link works, if you're interested.
www.felarya.forumotion.com/t2078p100-stabs-pit-of-nightmares-and-ideas#124317

Being a Critical threat doesn't really add a lot to a monster; they've got to be interesting, not just dangerous- and one-shotting anything makes them less deadly than plain disruptive. Why is anything alive if those things are out there? Surely they can be fought. Can't you burn a Gyu, blow up a Pinyun, or liquefy a Furio?

Making a critical threat is fine, Jedi, but they should have a reason for why they haven't already killed everything. The Bloodclaw Ape throngs, for instance, are a rare event that isn't in Felarya most of the time, and when it is, it sticks to a specific place. If those things aren't confined to specific locations, they should be rarely active, or something.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 8:20 am

Quote :
Yeah I forgot about that with Xythium! o.O Hmm well it is rarer than Xythium though.

Xy'thium is an alloy, not sure if rarity means much, but isn't it already supposed to be super rare? geek
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 10:47 am

Stabs wrote:

Being a Critical threat doesn't really add a lot to a monster; they've got to be interesting, not just dangerous- and one-shotting anything makes them less deadly than plain disruptive. Why is anything alive if those things are out there? Surely they can be fought. Can't you burn a Gyu, blow up a Pinyun, or liquefy a Furio?

Making a critical threat is fine, Jedi, but they should have a reason for why they haven't already killed everything. The Bloodclaw Ape throngs, for instance, are a rare event that isn't in Felarya most of the time, and when it is, it sticks to a specific place. If those things aren't confined to specific locations, they should be rarely active, or something.

Hmm that does make some sense. o.o You did manage to defeat all of them with spell casting/transplantation powers it's true, though the average adventurer is not likely to have even base level magic I think, so maybe I should bump them down a few levels. Need a scale device for determining threat level don't we? Like a way to measure how many abilities something has to have to earn a rank higher than above average.

Mara's Lover The Archmage Bael wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:20 pm
Xy'thium is an alloy, not sure if rarity means much, but isn't it already supposed to be super rare?

That is true. Telkium couldn't be much rarer than it or it'd be non existent right? Hmmm I think I'll add it's rarest on Felarya itself but occurs fairly commonly in pocket dimesnions or terrestrial settings. I'll also add it's harder to refine without a Telk telling one how. Sound good? Oh and I think I'll add that the metal may make a force field but it can't take solid impacts the same way Xythium can without denting or breaking into fragments easily.. It'll detour anybody from thinking of using it as a cheaper Xythium and making a walled city like Negav on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 12:29 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:

That is true. Telkium couldn't be much rarer than it or it'd be non existent right? Hmmm I think I'll add it's rarest on Felarya itself but occurs fairly commonly in pocket dimesnions or terrestrial settings. I'll also add it's harder to refine without a Telk telling one how. Sound good? Oh and I think I'll add that the metal may make a force field but it can't take solid impacts the same way Xythium can without denting or breaking into fragments easily.. It'll detour anybody from thinking of using it as a cheaper Xythium and making a walled city like Negav on the cheap.

Yeah we'd want to avoid making it too easy and cheap to rip off Xy'thium. The point of it, is that like Tedrek Steel its ludicrously (speed!) durable and one of the strongest metals you'll ever find anywhere. We want to be careful when making a strong metal like that.

On a side note its interesting how standard metals like copper, iron, and others aren't described as being anywhere. I guess we assume they exist but they're not important enough to talk about?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Yeah we'd want to avoid making it too easy and cheap to rip off Xy'thium. The point of it, is that like Tedrek Steel its ludicrously (speed!) durable and one of the strongest metals you'll ever find anywhere. We want to be careful when making a strong metal like that.

On a side note its interesting how standard metals like copper, iron, and others aren't described as being anywhere. I guess we assume they exist but they're not important enough to talk about?

Actually most metals aren't mentioned by iron and gold are. Mostly in the Skevol article I believe. There's a line I always remember and always will and that was 'Gold is not as rare on Felarya'. Hence why Tessium is mixed with Gold in Skevols. *Checks the wiki* Stupid search function....Nope not that one. Oh! The treasures page! *Searches*.....Huh I can't see to find that article! >u O Wait the introduction page! Ha ha ha! *searches hopefully for the last time*........GYAH! Just like the Fucking Shark. -_-; Sometimes I think the wiki likes punking me!! Mad

Either way I think the reason why Karbo don't list normal metals from Earth on Felarya is because he feels it's redundant. After all Felarya's got a bit of everything in it's soil so likely it contains regular ores too.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Well of course, but not mentioning regular metals makes it feel like they don't exist at all, which is a bit silly.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 9:05 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Well of course, but not mentioning regular metals makes it feel like they don't exist at all, which is a bit silly.

Well I support you but you won't get much attention in my ideas thread I think? ^^; Go make a page on the General section and I'll get my little outfit and pom poms! Wink

In the meantime Telk ideas are being reshuffled while me and Stabs talk in private. So I'll just add these fun ones here:

Name: Taitsang (Tay-Song)
Rarity: Uncommon
Average Price: 4,000 SK

Taitsangs are offworld weapon designed like Jitte combined with a sword breaker with the purpose of being able to catch and break a sword as well as combine the weapon in a way that compliments certain martial arts stances. The body is built like a Jitte (Smoker's Weapon) with long blade that's mostly dull but flat and featuring slated 'teeth' like a Sword Breaker but with the single edged prong that Jitte incorporates. unlike either sword however the Taisang's prong actually flips around and locks in place holding the sword triply sure! Hence why it's sometimes called a 'Sword Eater' by the Negavians. The blade was developed for law enforcement on it's homeworld, Sairon'Pau, but has been exported to worlds where swords are more common place defensive weapons like Negav and Mebron.

How to use:
Same as sword. The prong-like latch is magnetically held in place and requires a snap of the wrist to unlock.

Name: Jongai (Gon-Jye)
Rarity: Rare
Average Price: 8,000 SK (Seven times that for a Taihan-Jongai)

A telescopic weapon that is less sophisticated than a Vishmitali but is no less useful. It features a flat four pronged blade with seemingly short handle but with the flick of a wrist it springs into a full Naginata-like weapon and with another? Back! Sairon'pauan Martial Arts Gurus often use this quick change feature to throw their opponent's off balance by alternating between sword and spear to turn the tide on mob of enemies. Negavian Fairy Hunter's find it quite a useful if they a can master since most fairy's would not be afraid of short bladed sword but then zoom! Spear through the wing. It also packs away very easily. The Sairon'Pau Dominess' forces are said to use versions of this weapon tipped with blades made from Scintila called Taihan-Jongai. Obtaining one of these variations though is very pricey and if the Dominess' minions found out about this? You would die very slowly.

Name: Kuaton (Coo-ah-tan)
Rarity: Common (On Sairon'Pau) Rare (Negav)
Average Price: Five Bars of Nijo Iron(on Sairon'Pau) 100 SK (Negav)

A Kuaton at first seems a simple children's game but it is in fact a miniature marvel! The box itself is just that a colored box made of sliding panels that one is instructed to break appart and put back together in a geometrical shape. This seems easy no? Well it is not! For you see if you break it a Kuaton seperates into four smooth seemless blocks. Impressed? Wait there is more! the Kauton sections if smashed again will further seperate! How many times? Well no one quite knows but what is known is that when they do they change color from black to silver to gold and if smashed to the microscopic level? Ascarlin....Though many lose their pierces by this time. It is said the Dominess of the Realm of Sairon'Pau is curious to know what would happen if they were smashed past this level and offers the hand of her most beautiful daughter to the one who can show her. Interestingly if one can find the pieces and put them back together it is said Kauton box will reform. Some have rumored that in fact no two boxes are alike and will not refuse with different mated pieces.
How to use

How to use
Just smash and reassemble. Hours of fun!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 10:24 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:

Well I support you but you won't get much attention in my ideas thread I think? ^^; Go make a page on the General section and I'll get my little outfit and pom poms! Wink  

I brought it up long ago.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 3:09 am

Oh nice new weapon ideas. I like the sword-eater personally, it sounds pretty neat XP

Also good job on the Telks ! Along with Stab's idea this is now a really solid race, both unique and coherent Wink
I would also like to add the Zorphalop, if you agree with the disclaimer.It's a great idea for a creature, with a really unique defense mechanism Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 8:26 pm

Karbo wrote:
Oh nice new weapon ideas. I like the sword-eater personally, it sounds pretty neat XP

Also good job on the Telks ! Along with Stab's idea this is now a really solid race, both unique and coherent Wink
I would also like to add the Zorphalop, if you agree with the disclaimer.It's a great idea for a creature, with a really unique defense mechanism Razz

Thanks! I was musing with the sword eater trying to see how two typically non-lethal weapons and seeing if the nest traits would work. I was shocked how good they did. ^_^ No problem! Always happy to help make a stub in the wiki something more detailed and it was fun co-writing with Stabs! °.° You want to add my...? Do I agre?! Heck yes! X3 I'm glad you find then that worthy! cheers
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Okay so I blame Skyrim for this but I made some Northern dwelling stuff. <.< Darn awesome game! We need no more races there! It's very overcrowded as it is, am I right?  Laughing

Kadjurika

Size: 35 Feet
Threat: Very High

Pronouced: (Kaj-Ur-Eeka) in the Jotun Tongue meaning (Blood Curdler)
In the icy wasteland known as the Imorieth  dwell a fierce brand of ice dwelling monster known as the Kadjurika, first named by the Jotun tribes who settled there. They are not quite the tallest of monsters for Felaryan standards but make up for this with their tenacity and endurance. The typical Kadjurika is solitary hunter that seems to prowl the wilderness shambling along in their thick furry coats looking almost like some kind of four armed yeti until one sees that thick, dark blue and unnatural looking ice runs along each arm up to the forearm and encases the chest and cranium where a large four fanged maw slavers. The ice appears to be conjured armor implying the creatures have at least some sentience, but they are not at all what one would call civil or even remotely clever. Their typical hunting style is to bellow out a shock wave of sound that suddenly disorientates and physically bowls over their foes then lay into it with ice enhanced claws. It's brutal and blood crudling but that's not where the name came from. Apparently the ice attached to the Kadjurika can break off in their victims and slowly begins to overtake and replace their flesh. The North Dwellers call this sickness “Kajskur” or “Cold Rot”. In additon to this the horrid thing is able to absorb fire magic and body heat of anyone near enough to it causing already miserable frigid temperatures to feel even worse. They often only consume the heat of their victims through their frozen claws then feast on the frozen corpses. What they don't eat they take back to their lairs and store by gruesomely combining meat storage with decoration by sticking their victims to the walls and ceilings of their horrid caves or borrows. It should be noted that while they may seem invincible they are far from it. If the ice on their skin is shattered it shatters the flesh too and while the ice can regenerate the flesh cannot. In addition they can in fact get so covered in Frost Rot that movement itself is a chore at all and if they allow it to toaly coat their body they die the same as their victims. The Frost Rot is slowly killing them and only being heat vampire keeps them alive that without victims they will become little more than big, scary looking glaciers. Who knows you may have passed by a dead Kadjurika and never even knew it!

Cold Rot

Type: Magical Infection

Cold Rot is generally contracted by contact with a creature that has been overtaken with the same virus. It appears to consume the victim's warm blooded skin with thick dark colored ice. In addition to being painful the ice appears to feed off warmth and thus hitting it with fire magic will not only not cure it but will in infect cause the infection to spread! Cold Rot can only be cured by extremely powerful healing magic usually associated with curse breaking. This has lead some to believe it should be classified as a curse. It should noted that it's mostly a danger in the North with no cases having been reported in the South at all and strangely will attack non-sentient creatures, such as the Gloutex, but not Flora. It should be noted the one thing that seems to cause the sickness to regress to dormancy and that's sticking yoru claws or fangs into another creature and sucking the heat out of them! If you do this the vile, icy pest will regress to dormancy for a while till you must feed again.

Frost Font
Type: Carnivorous Plant
Size: 10 feet (Main Bulb) 50 feet (Total root network)
Danger: Medium

Also called an Kjug-Irga (Ice Spitter) is a species of large blue-white jar-like bulbed plant with hundreds of smaller blooms that sprout from tendils beneath the snow in large haphazzard pattern. These smaller bulbs are in fact clusters of touch and heat sensitive nerves. If touched by a wamr bodied creature such as Neko for example the plant's main bulb will suddenly spout out a huge plume of water drawn from it's roots which will rain down and coat it's prey whom find themselves quickly frozen in place. Once imobolized the plant will then extend tendrils from it's nearest bulbs and begin to suck out out the prey's nutrients till the solid body of the prey is gone and all that remains is a surprised looking ice sculpture left in their place. They prey on anything smaller than themselves but if clusters have been known to take down even a full grown Snow Pantuar! Though they avoid tangling with too large a prey as the water spray is their ownly defense mechanism. If the subterrean watersource they use as a weapon dries up the plant will cannibalize itself and explode into dark blue spores that will take to the wind till they find another suitable source.

Yorga Tuber
Type: Foodstuff
Size: 5 to 10 feet long

A common, sweet tasting tuber that is grown by Jotun and some other Northern dwelling races. Like most tubers it's basically a root but is less bland tasting being slightly sweet and oddly grows in pattern that looks similar to a humanoid in shape and most north dwelling preds will swallow it whole while other more human sized races chop off the 'legs, arms or head' causing some Southerners to pale and swear they can hear the tuber's screams of agony or claim to witness it actually move. Preds will tell you they can almost always feel a strange wriggly sensation just like they would from humanoid prey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi's Critters and Creations   Jedi's Critters and Creations - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi's Critters and Creations
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next