Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ScoobyofDoo
Tasty morsel

Location : Taking a stroll through a strange grove... wait do those bushes have teeth!!!

Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya   Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Hey guys I'm back, with a new idea for discussion for the humans in Felarya. The main question for the discussion being as to how humans and the sentient races of Felarya in general, get information about whats been happening in the world around them. I mean I'm pretty sure most info is from rumors and word of mouth but in the larger settlements such as Negav wouldn't there be a dedicated press corp/ newspaper? Or would it just be to dangerous for anybody to truly gather information anywhere.

Not to mention the fact that many of the possible sources of information for the people of Felarya would likely be highly unreliable and biased (for obvious reasons), propaganda, or would just be misinformed or possibly misinformation spread by the vying factions.

But that's just my 2 cents on the issue, personally i feel that any paper out of Negav (or any large settlement) would be hilarious either from the amount of propaganda or just the amount stories on disappearances, murders or predator deaths in the last 24 hours:).

P.S.
I bet the obituary of that paper would take up at least the first 30 pages...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya   Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 am

There is the Negav eyes in Negav, a sensationalist journal.
There are no real news outlets though, most of information goes from mouth to hear and rumors. which means they get quite wildly amplified sometimes ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya   Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 am

There could be one dedicated to rumors and other news. Nekomura, Chomikai commons, or any other small villages surrounding the area. News would travel slowly of course, and the Inn of Heroes would be another great source to get news from, but I don't think anyone besides Negav Eyes would have a paper. It'd just be another section of the news.

Part of me does wish to see a bit more in depth about the journal(ist(s)), but its not necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya   Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journalism and the Circulation of News in Felarya
Page 1 of 1