Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Isolon Fist and vehicles

Go down 
5 posters

If the Ps'isol Magiocrats considered taking out a threat that's further out than the Isolon Eye's influence, would they provide necessary equipment such as vehicles to the Isolon Fist to do so? If "yes," please explain in the comment section below.
Yes
The Isolon Fist and vehicles Vote_lcap86%The Isolon Fist and vehicles Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
No
The Isolon Fist and vehicles Vote_lcap14%The Isolon Fist and vehicles Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
I don't know
The Isolon Fist and vehicles Vote_lcap0%The Isolon Fist and vehicles Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

The Isolon Fist and vehicles Empty
PostSubject: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 am

According to the wiki, the Isolon Fist is a highly capable army with immense strength that rarely travel far from the Isolon Eye's influence.  Though, with their strength, one has to think that if the Ps'isol Magiocrats were to deploy them elsewhere to increase their own influence, they would have to use some sort of transportation and possibly have armed/armored vehicles to fit the demands of the Magiocrats.  One would think that when it comes to them, they would want more power and to do so, they would have to keep those who have it in check by spreading out and either assimilating them or annihilating them depending on whether or not they're deemed a threat.  I think if that were true, they would equip the Isolon Fist with capable equipment to serve any task that they see fit, including tanks, APCs, and aerial vehicles like VTOLs, jets, and the like.  This may be an odd concept, but it does make one think.  If I'm right or wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cthompson17
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:46 am

I would have thought so, or at least I would think they would use some of the hardware you menctioned.

I am not sure about aerial warfare though mostly because Felarya is mostly forest where the trees are just as tall if not taller than many gaint predators, so flying above the treeline would give limited visibility and would be extremely hard to lock on a target with all those trees about. And simply trying to the bomb the general area where the predator is suspected to be could lead to unfortunate consequences, such as killing people who just were in a bad place at a bad time or setting off a massive forest fire that could spread throughout Felarya.

Negav does have Jetbikes though, so Isolon Fist could use them for speedy air travel and miminal air surport (whatever they can throw out from their side carriage I surpose, grenades and whatnot) but they woulden't ideally be the most effective air surport.

I think they would use Light armoured vechiles along with some tanks though, depends on what their target is and the terrain.

Those are my ideas anyway

Last edited by DarkOne on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 am

That makes sense. Though, I suppose their Battlemages should be able to do most of the damage to something if anything.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 am

True, but it does say on the Wiki that the battle mages are backed up by conventionaly armed soilders, arming these guys properly will make them a decent supplement to the mages...

...because if they arn't well equiped then all that will happen is the typical Shounen bullshit where only powerful magical people are allowed to fight while perfectly capable but ill prepared soilders stand to the side providing boring commentary, begging the question as to why they even tagged along to begin with.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 pm

TO take note...There are fairly large drop ships and airships that negave can deploy, but most of them aren't in the magiocrats buisness.
Back to top Go down
Americanhero45
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Americanhero45

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 pm

I say yes because it's just plain common sense, you can't JUST magic as a protection
Back to top Go down
http://americanhero45.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Why not? You can just tech as a protection. In fact, it's the standard-issue loadout in real life.

I dunno. I can totally foresee the Fist using the same equipment as the SAS, I'm sure anyone can, but if we're going to go for different we may as well go all the way. We'll winnow down afterwards one way or another, so might as well try and build up first.

I mean, why not have the guys ride dragons, or griffons, or flying carpets, or flying griffons embroidered with dragon motifs, or bubbles of distorted space that are transparent from the inside and divert gunfire on the outside? As you pointed out, they're not the best at tech, and they know if they try to tech it, someone else can and will out-tech them. They'd need to reduce their tech dependency if possible.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:14 am

I personally believe that a combination of both tech and magic can prevail in most situations once it's called for.  It would make sense for a force such as the Fist to combine them, in my eyes.  Otherwise, it would be foolish not to.  Though, how much they should use is debatable.  Stabs is right in saying that they shouldn't be too dependent on it.  What they need is balance between the two if there isn't already said balance. Why? Because, it'll increase efficiency in the force and provide more options than just having one or the other.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:35 am

Of course what really determines the question is exactly how powerful a isolon Fist squad is.

We at least know a squad has two highly skilled Battle mages, the rest are a mix of avarage mages and conventional soilders. So really in a unit there's only two people who could possibly do without any vehicles and go on their magical ablities alone.

Of course, by what measure is a 'Highly Skilled Mage' has never really been nailed down...The Isolon Fist seems to shift from 'Badass Unit' to 'ineffectual mooks who are suicidally arrogant' depending on the author.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:22 am

Hmm... Yeah. I'll agree on that. It would definitely depend on the power of the squad itself. No use wasting resources to be over-prepared. Plus, I'm sure that a group such as this is capable of managing said resources. Though, now comes to a trickier question. Dealing with militias, private military groups, and armies. I know it's a bit off-topic, but it is something I've been wondering for a while. Throwing predators out of the equation, would they send troops to fight a war if the opposing party had done something terrible against the Magiocrats and the Negavian people? I'm not talking about the Vishmitals, either because of the tensions. I'm talking about a brand-new military force.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:47 am

I guess that depends entirely on the nature of the conflict. If the enemy can not be taken down using more less risky covert methods (manlipuation, sabotage, that sort of thing) then they probably would would engage in open conflict. They might also be able to convice the Vishmitals to help if it's in the Vishmitals's best interests to do so.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:55 am

Darkone wrote:
I guess that depends entirely on the nature of the conflict. If the enemy can not be taken down using more less risky covert methods (manlipuation, sabotage, that sort of thing) then they probably would would engage in open conflict. They might also be able to convice the Vishmitals to help if it's in the Vishmitals's best interests to do so.
Y'know. I did Have a talk with karbo on this a couple years ago when I asked him the question. "Are there, more organizations that are as well armed as the ones that we commonly know?" He said yes, it's just that they're kind of in the shadows of the felarya lore/cannon It's a huge world and the information we know now is just a bit of it. As people keep implementing concepts and ideas he would unfold them at times when he deems appropriate.

Getting that out of him makes me think that at times The Magiocrats or the Vishmitals ;good examples of quasi city state superpowers that have formidable militaries backed up by some private or paramilitaries in their own rights. Will have chances messing with other high capable and at times, professional, military opposition. Whether they stumble upon rural village, to discovering cites or places were residents set up resort and resistance to live in this harsh and survival focused world of felarya.

Heck Just imagine. We have people living on airships, we have people living on city ships on water, we have people living on islands, we have people living in abandoned and most time highly practical fortifications, and thinking of the nature of felarya. Anyone civilization can obtain resources by the random cookie cutter geography of bringing new things in. To people who just randomnly come here either alone or a good sizable population from a planet or space (the broad defonition) elsewhere. SO it's not hard to beleive that there will be little skrimishes here and there.

Persaying that, the Vishmitals for example, could and would like to defend a town affiliated with them.  With high interest, they'll set up (or most likely hire) to setup a defense force protecting the town from an army of invading barbarians, blood claw hordes, Hostile visitors that could have a good means of Highly versatile way of travel: ex. pirates and/or small of world armies. Even at times, mass amount of indigenous life that doesn't like there so called "intruders" their welcome. All depends on imagination and the nature of the conflict like Darkone said. This is very foreseeable in the future of Felaryan lore as more creative community contribution comes along.

Last edited by ravaging vixens on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:37 pm

I see. Excellent. That pretty much answers what I wanted to know, but if anyone of you have any points you want to make, please don't hesitate to do so. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Isolon Fist and vehicles   The Isolon Fist and vehicles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Isolon Fist and vehicles
Page 1 of 1